Notices

The Non-Russian Factor - NHL Theory May Become Obsolete

Old
08-20-2011, 09:43 PM
Yakushev72

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
the league is young and will shake itself out.
Just like in KHL, weak teams with substandard organizations and funding will fall by the wayside, but will be replaced by other entries eager to have a team.

Yakushev72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 10:01 PM
Yakushev72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakushev72 View Post
I was glad to see Krasnoyarsk make an entry into the MHL. Hopefully, more focus on hockey and less on bandy (although bandy is a great sport).
Sorry, Sokol doesn't have a team in the MHL.

Old
08-21-2011, 05:57 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Sorry, Sokol doesn't have a team in the MHL.
Krasnoyarsk will have team in MHL B since next season. It will be called Красноярские рыси (г. Красноярск);

vorky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 01:02 PM
Yakushev72

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
Krasnoyarsk will have team in MHL B since next season. It will be called Красноярские рыси (г. Красноярск);
Thank you for clarifying that. I thought I had read about Krasnoyarsk joining the MHL. That is good news.

Old
08-21-2011, 01:11 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Thank you for clarifying that. I thought I had read about Krasnoyarsk joining the MHL. That is good news.
you can read list of teams joining MHL B in september 2011, here (post 355)

Old
08-21-2011, 01:12 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

double

Last edited by vorky: 08-22-2011 at 05:52 AM.
Old
08-21-2011, 08:30 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

vCash: 50
Grigorenko (Quebec) and Kamaev (Rouyn-Noranda) arrived in Canada today.

SergeConstantin74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 06:18 PM
Yakushev72

Quote:
you can read list of teams joining MHL B in september 2011, here (post 355)
Thank you. I missed that thread. Good to see the MHL expanding and including more opportunities for kids around the country.

Old
08-23-2011, 01:46 PM
Bure

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
Grigorenko (Quebec) and Kamaev (Rouyn-Noranda) arrived in Canada today.
I feel bad for Kamaev, Rouyn-Noranda is cold and boring.

Bure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2011, 02:27 PM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure View Post
if I were him (and Grigorenko or any russian for that matter) I'd play out a predraft year, get drafted, go home and then come over to NA @ 23-26 y.o.

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2011, 06:40 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure View Post
Good coach but boring region.

I think Kamaev was Quebec's gift to Rouyn-Noranda for trading them the pick to acquire Grigorenko.

Old
08-24-2011, 05:49 AM
Latgale_fan

Quote:
if I were him (and Grigorenko or any russian for that matter) I'd play out a predraft year, get drafted, go home and then come over to NA @ 23-26 y.o.
Both involve risks... I'm sure there are plenty of players that stayed in Russia and it's a big question mark if they ever will be great... like Kirill Petrov, he was thought to be the next big superstar, sure he's only 21 and 47g 19 pts is not bad... and I'd say being with Yugra last year might've helped him to get back on track but stilll big clubs can bury their talents in 4th line or MHL too... I wonder why they don't see the potential and don't loan more of them to weaker KHL clubs for reasonable price.... as I don't think VHL is the right plce to develop for players like Petrov but some smaller clubs might be...

Latgale_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2011, 05:52 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latgale_fan View Post
Both involve risks... I'm sure there are plenty of players that stayed in Russia and it's a big question mark if they ever will be great... like Kirill Petrov, he was thought to be the next big superstar, sure he's only 21 and 47g 19 pts is not bad... and I'd say being with Yugra last year might've helped him to get back on track but stilll big clubs can bury their talents in 4th line or MHL too... I wonder why they don't see the potential and don't loan more of them to weaker KHL clubs for reasonable price.... as I don't think VHL is the right plce to develop for players like Petrov but some smaller clubs might be...
It is impossible to loan a player (like in soccer). Player can be traded only, like in NHL.

Old
08-24-2011, 06:13 AM
Latgale_fan

Quote:
It is impossible to loan a player (like in soccer). Player can be traded only, like in NHL.
It's KHL... everything's possible there, under the table...
And I think you still can loan to other leagues, like AK Bars loaned Denis Golubev to Allsvenskan Mora

Latgale_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2011, 08:20 AM
cska78

Quote:
impossible by the rules, yet it happens left and right: Petrov, Khafizulin, Rylov and bluh-bluh...they say it's a trade for some phantom pick, but really it's a predetermined loan.

Old
08-24-2011, 11:40 AM
Yakushev72

Quote:
I agree totally with you.

Old
08-28-2011, 08:25 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

GoErieHockey Victor Fernandes
by jrhockeywriter
OTTERS UPDATE: Russian Federation is preventing CHL 1st-round pick Vladimir Tkachev from reporting to the Otters, GM Sherry Bassin said.

I have a question... Why does the RF can prevent Tkachev from going to CHL and not Grigorenko/Kamaev for example?

Old
08-29-2011, 04:24 AM
Alessandro Seren Rosso
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Alessandro Seren Rosso Send a message via MSN to Alessandro Seren Rosso
I would say because Grigorenko/Kamaev got permissions from their clubs even if under contract, while Tkachev didn't, but this is just my thoughts.

08-29-2011, 05:00 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

I look at KHL rules and I understand it like this: kid (I think since 10y) can signs contract with club to play at kids leagues (ДЮСШ). When he ends this leagues (last season it was 1994) -he can play at last year of his "kids contract" in MHL if he is good enough (like Kamaev, Grigs, I think Timirev too). But his kids contract expire 30 april (or may? I dont remember but it is day before transfer period starts in KHL) of year when he is 17 (does not matter if his birtday is after 30 april/may of that year). Reason why kid contract expires is to be eligible for KHL draft. Guy is drafted but does not have to sign new contract (like Grigs). Club holds just rights for him in KHL. This guy does not have contract. I understand khl rules like that....

Old
08-29-2011, 05:02 AM
pouskin74*

Quote:
i think last call will be at age 22-23

pouskin74* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2011, 09:44 AM
cska78

so based on what just happened with Aleksandrov, Tikhonov and Timkin - if or when Grigorenko and Kamaev decide to come back to Russia - it's anyone's game and they don't belong to CSKA?

FAIL!

Old
08-29-2011, 09:49 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
so based on what just happened with Aleksandrov, Tikhonov and Timkin - if or when Grigorenko and Kamaev decide to come back to Russia - it's anyone's game and they don't belong to CSKA?

FAIL!
I think that CSKA holds right for them until 22. If CSKA signs them in this period, they will belonged to CSKA. If they return in 26 for example, they can sing with club they want. The same it is in NHL, club holds rights IMO 3 years (I can be wrong)

Old
08-29-2011, 11:58 AM
cska78

Quote:
I think that CSKA holds right for them until 22. If CSKA signs them in this period, they will belonged to CSKA. If they return in 26 for example, they can sing with club they want. The same it is in NHL, club holds rights IMO 3 years (I can be wrong)
the rights for domestic players should be held until 28 y.o. - if they were offered qualifying offers every so often. I am wating for Saraev to come up with a proper explanation, which imho - doesn't exist. My guess is Ska wanted to get Aleksandrov, Ak Bars - Tikhonov and Severstal' wouldn't trade their rights, so they just severed the rights through the league. Bardin is raising havoc and he's right - Omsk doesn't need Timkin - but this sets up a precedent.

Old
08-29-2011, 12:07 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
the rights for domestic players should be held until 28 y.o. - if they were offered qualifying offers every so often. I am wating for Saraev to come up with a proper explanation, which imho - doesn't exist. My guess is Ska wanted to get Aleksandrov, Ak Bars - Tikhonov and Severstal' wouldn't trade their rights, so they just severed the rights through the league. Bardin is raising havoc and he's right - Omsk doesn't need Timkin - but this sets up a precedent.
thx. I dont follow this Timkin story and the guys you wrote. I dont understand why Severstal does not want to trade player. They can aquire someone. It is better like to hold rights and player will never come to Severstal.

Old
08-29-2011, 12:31 PM
cska78

Quote:
thx. I dont follow this Timkin story and the guys you wrote. I dont understand why Severstal does not want to trade player. They can aquire someone. It is better like to hold rights and player will never come to Severstal.
well Aleksandrov trained in Cherepovets and promised to them to come back home if the B's career doesn't work out. As for Tikhonov - mb - Kazan' didn't offer what they deemed was enough, mb they were led to believe that the player will be back. Strange question, why wouldn't they come to Severstal' when one was brought up there and the other already came and played.