HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 Colorado Avalanche Prospects Thread

Closed Thread

Old
06-01-2012, 06:48 PM
Foppa2118

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
He could be signed already, but what's the point in keeping it a secret?
Cuz the Avs PR department are a bunch or morons. Holding off on announcements, and then pretending like you signed them all at once, is like handing out a contract for $5,999,999.99 so that it looks smaller than $6 M.

Quit screwing around, and just be open and honest with your fans, instead of looking at them like a bunch of nitwits that you could care less about.

Old
06-01-2012, 07:30 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

I want to know if Rutkowski has been signed and I want to know RIGHT NOW!!!!

Relax guys.

Old
06-01-2012, 08:01 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
I want to know if Rutkowski has been signed and I want to know RIGHT NOW!!!!

Relax guys.
Obviously not something you're concerned about. Relax.

Old
06-01-2012, 09:29 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
71****70

Looks like both Silas and Rutkowski are no longer with the avs. According to Jori.

@Jori5280: Silas and Rutkowski no longer listed on the Avs “In the System” page http://t.co/Zb55gGtP

Old
06-01-2012, 10:15 PM
Lonewolfe2015

This is where a beat writer with any sort of credibility to his name would swoop out of the sky with an article about how Rutkowski and the Avs couldn't come to mutual terms and both sides felt it would be better for his career if he was drafted by a franchise with less competition on the blue line.

Old
06-01-2012, 10:17 PM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
Looks like both Silas and Rutkowski are no longer with the avs. According to Jori.

@Jori5280: Silas and Rutkowski no longer listed on the Avs “In the System” page http://t.co/Zb55gGtP
Jori is just stating the obvious per the CBA.

Old
06-01-2012, 10:18 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
This is where a beat writer with any sort of credibility to his name would swoop out of the sky with an article about how Rutkowski and the Avs couldn't come to mutual terms and both sides felt it would be better for his career if he was drafted by a franchise with less competition on the blue line.
It's also something where said reporter should have seen this coming a few days ago, and inquired with the players agent as to the negotiations.

Instead of reporting on the fact that they let Rutkowski go a few days from now (if they indeed didn't sign him) after he's seen it mentioned on the internet a few times.

Old
06-01-2012, 10:20 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
It's also something where said reporter should have seen this coming a few days ago, and inquired with the players agent as to the negotiations.

Instead of reporting on the fact that they let Rutkowski go a few days from now after he's seen it mentioned on the internet a few times.
I think that's a pretty generous term.

To be honest, to actually suggest that the Avs don't know that these deadlines are even upcoming, as a "reporter" has once done is ridiculous. If Silas and Rutkowski are not being signed, it is because they chose not to sign them. The most logical reason being that they feel they are 'set' with the current upcoming players they have on the farm AND that the actual current value of these 2 prospects is negligible at best and they probably couldn't have acquired a 7th rounder for either.

I think there will probably be a team out there [I dunno, I'm gonna say Calgary] that will take a chance on Rutkowski in the later rounds but you can expect him to be a 6th or 7th rounder. Silas will re-enter and most likely will not be re-drafted.

Last edited by Bender: 06-01-2012 at 10:26 PM.
Old
06-01-2012, 10:21 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Yea it's for lack of a better word that doesn't contain asterisks.

Old
06-02-2012, 07:19 AM
CB Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post

To be honest, to actually suggest that the Avs don't know that these deadlines are even upcoming, as a "reporter" has once done is ridiculous. If Silas and Rutkowski are not being signed, it is because they chose not to sign them. The most logical reason being that they feel they are 'set' with the current upcoming players they have on the farm AND that the actual current value of these 2 prospects is negligible at best and they probably couldn't have acquired a 7th rounder for either.

I think there will probably be a team out there [I dunno, I'm gonna say Calgary] that will take a chance on Rutkowski in the later rounds but you can expect him to be a 6th or 7th rounder. Silas will re-enter and most likely will not be re-drafted.
I think if a prospect goes unsigned that the drafting team gets a pick in the round following the round the unsigned prospect was originally drafted in. So in this case I think the Av's would get a 4th rounder? I'm not 100% on this rule.

Old
06-02-2012, 08:50 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Once again Rutkowski must be resigned, there's just no valid reason to let him go.

Old
06-02-2012, 10:26 AM
Lonewolfe2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB Joe View Post
I think if a prospect goes unsigned that the drafting team gets a pick in the round following the round the unsigned prospect was originally drafted in. So in this case I think the Av's would get a 4th rounder? I'm not 100% on this rule.
Nope, compensation only occurs when teams lose a 1st round talent.

That's why Anaheim will get nothing for Schultz and Calgary would have only gotten a 2nd rounder for Erixon.

Old
06-02-2012, 12:26 PM
chet1926

Quote:
Once again Rutkowski must be resigned, there's just no valid reason to let him go.
Yeah there is its called there are at least 4 other defensive prospects that are better than him and I think we still have Holos rights so that would make at least 5 defensemen that have a better shot of getting to the NHL than Rutkowski.

Plus the organization can only have a certain amount of signed players, obviously they felt they had too many defensemen that were better and that signing him would be a waste of a signing that could be used elsewhere.

Old
06-02-2012, 12:39 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
Yeah there is its called there are at least 4 other defensive prospects that are better than him and I think we still have Holos rights so that would make at least 5 defensemen that have a better shot of getting to the NHL than Rutkowski.

Plus the organization can only have a certain amount of signed players, obviously they felt they had too many defensemen that were better and that signing him would be a waste of a signing that could be used elsewhere.
So having any depth in case that someone busts out isn't allowed? Rutkowski isn't exactly cannon fodder, Avs have 5 more spaces to sign players (without removing upcoming UFA's from the contract list) and he's our only RH prospect D-man that plays with a physical edge. There's no reason not to sign him from Avs POV, the only thing that can excuse them is if he doesn't want to sign.

Last edited by Ivan13: 06-02-2012 at 01:51 PM. Reason: spelling
Old
06-02-2012, 01:46 PM
CB Joe

Quote:

Shouldn't matter. If you're not going to sign Rutkowski because he is a defenceman than he shouldn't have been drafted. The Avs should have drafted a forward.

I'll be a little disappointed if it turns out Rutkowski wasn't signed, however the Avs development department seems to know what they are doing, so I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

Old
06-02-2012, 01:49 PM
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz

vCash: 562
Quote:
Corey Pronman reported last night that we didn't sign him, and could re-enter the draft.

Old
06-02-2012, 01:58 PM
Lonewolfe2015

Quote:
So having any depth in case that someone busts out isn't allowed? Rutkowski isn't exactly cannon fodder, Avs have 5 more spaces to sign players (without removing upcoming UFA's from the contract list) and he's our only RH prospect D-man that plays with a physical edge. There's no reson not to sign him from Avs POV, the only thing that can excuse them is if he doesn't want to sign.
Where are you getting your numbers from?

If I recall, junior players don't count against the contract limit (Siemens, Aitto). 21 NHL roster players, we had ~45 this season on the books... but I think Lindstrom/Holos don't count anymore?

Just trying to judge our official contract count.

Plus, we're dumping Stoa for sure. And we signed Millan. I can't see contract limit being what stopped Rutkowski (Silas maybe).

Old
06-02-2012, 02:02 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:

If I recall, junior players don't count against the contract limit (Siemens, Aitto). 21 NHL roster players, we had ~45 this season on the books... but I think Lindstrom/Holos don't count anymore?

Plus, we're dumping Stoa for sure. And we signed Millan. I can't see contract limit being what stopped Rutkowski (Silas maybe).
CapGeek and according to them we have 45 with the likes of Hunwick, O'Brien etc still counting, but I'm not sure it's right.

Old
06-02-2012, 02:09 PM
teddygmr

Quote:
Yeah there is its called there are at least 4 other defensive prospects that are better than him and I think we still have Holos rights ...
What is going on with Holos? Does he have a year left on his original 2 year contract or has that expired?
Will he be at training camp?

Thanks in advance!

Old
06-02-2012, 04:17 PM
Cooperman

Quote:

A team can have a maximum of 50 NHL contracts(1 way or 2-way) for a specific season. AHL contracts do not apply. For example, Mike Brennan had last year an AHL contract that did not count for that total of 50. Where ever the player is playing that year, AHL, ECHL,Central Hockey League, Juniors, Europe, it doesn't matter, all NHL contracts for that specific year are in that pool of 50. Usually, NHL teams begin their season with 47 or 48 players on that list, so they'll have some lattitude later in the season.

As of today, the Avs have 23 players under NHL contract for the 2012-2013 season: Stastny, Hejduk, Landeskog, Kobasew, Hejda, O'Byrne, Barrie, Elliott, Varlamov, Giguere, Gaunce, Siemens, Connolly, Malone, Chouinard, Walker, Pickard, Hishon, Sgarbossa, Patterson, Millan, Aittokalio and Carey.

Old
06-02-2012, 04:38 PM
Cooperman

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddygmr View Post
What is going on with Holos? Does he have a year left on his original 2 year contract or has that expired?
Will he be at training camp?

Thanks in advance!
Holos contract expires June 30th; he"ll become an RFA. But until then, the Avs will have to give him a qualifying offer which i think they will not do. So if that's the case, he will be a UFA on July 1st.

Old
06-02-2012, 06:45 PM
Frenchy
Global Moderator

vCash: 844
Closed , almost at 1000 posts , plz go on the new thread : http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1200779

Closed Thread