HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Montreal - Colorado

Old
08-09-2011, 06:59 AM
BigHabs

vCash: 500
Montreal - Colorado

Montreal

Travis Moen
Jaroslav Spacek

for

Colorado

Jay McClement
Matt Hunwick

Add picks or not to even out if needed.

Cammalleri Plekanec Cole
Pacioretty Gomez Gionta
Kostitsyn Eller Desharnais
White McClement Darche

Blunden

Markov Emelin
Subban Gill
Gorges Weber

Hunwick

Duchene Stastny Hejduk
Jones Galiardi Mueller
Kobasew Winnik O'Reilly
Moen Porter Yip

McLeod

Johnson Quincey
Hejda Spacek
O'Brien O'Byrne

Wilson

Last edited by BigHabs: 08-09-2011 at 07:08 AM.
BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 07:09 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Hotel View Post
Montreal

Travis Moen
Jaroslav Spacek

for

Colorado

Jay McClement
Matt Hunwick

Respectfully declined, McClement isn't going anywhere, he's a great PKer and that's just what we need.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 07:11 AM
BigHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Respectfully declined, McClement isn't going anywhere, he's a great PKer and that's just what we need.
Moen is a good PK'er too. I think Montreal needs a 4th line centermen. McClement could play that role. Colorado is has 5 centers with the departure of McClement. Moen offers great PKing as well.

BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 07:16 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Montreal

Travis Moen
Jaroslav Spacek

for

Colorado

Jay McClement
Matt Hunwick

Cammalleri Plekanec Cole
Pacioretty Gomez Gionta
Kostitsyn Eller Desharnais
White McClement Darche

Blunden

Markov Emelin
Subban Gill
Gorges Weber

Hunwick

Duchene Stastny Hejduk
Jones Galiardi Mueller
Kobasew Winnik O'Reilly
Moen Porter Yip

McLeod

Johnson Quincey
Hejda Spacek
O'Brien O'Byrne

Wilson
Also our lineup will probably look more like this:

Landeskog - Stastny - Jones
Mueller - Duchene - Hejduk
Galiardi - O'Reilly - Lindstrom/Kobasew
Lindstrom/Yip/Porter - McClement - Winnik
Malone, Hishon, Olver, Mercier

Quincey - EJ
Hejda - Elliot/Barrie/Hunwick/Chouinard
O'Brien - O'Byrne
Wilson, Gaunce

Varlamov
JSG
Desjardins

Old
08-09-2011, 07:23 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Moen is a good PK'er too. I think Montreal needs a 4th line centermen. McClement could play that role. Colorado is has 5 centers with the departure of McClement. Moen offers great PKing as well.
I know that Habs need a 4th line center since they are my favorite team in the east, but McClement is more of a 3rd line center that's forced to play on 4th line because of our center depth, he's one of the most underrated PKers in the entire league, and he and O'Reilly are really great as our 3rd and 4th line centers, just ask Blues fans how good McClement is.

Old
08-09-2011, 07:23 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Please face the facts that NO ONE will take Spacek.

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 07:52 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
Agreed and I don't want Matt Hunwick so doubt something like this happens

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 07:53 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

I would say that Spacek is a better player than Hunwick. McClement and Moen are close to a wash, but McClement being a center gives him a slight edge - at the least to the Habs, possibly overall. Moen is a bit bigger, both are responsible players and good PKers, both are a notch above 4th line calibre. I think I'd rather see the Habs keep Moen and just sign a PK center, however, not trade Moen for one. So end of the day, Spacek > Hunwick breaks the deal for me... the Habs are already a little thin on defense, there is no sense in downgrading further at that position... there is nothing to invest the cap savings in, hence no motivation for the downgrade. Pass from the Habs' POV.

Blind Gardien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 08:53 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
For a guy that has been a +18 for his two seasons as a Hab, he gets a lot of unwarranted hate. I think a lot of people wanted him gone earlier on during the off season so that we can use his salary on an upgrade on D. But we are 5M under the cap and nothing to spending it on, so Spacek at 3.8M as a good 6th/7th is fine with me.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 08:56 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
For a guy that has been a +18 for his two seasons as a Hab, he gets a lot of unwarranted hate. I think a lot of people wanted him gone earlier on during the off season so that we can use his salary on an upgrade on D. But we are 5M under the cap and nothing to spending it on, so Spacek at 3.8M as a good 6th/7th is fine with me.
Exactly
He is servicable.

He is what 37? 38? on the last year of his deal...
No one would be willing to give anything up of real worth for him.
So for a team that is a bit thin on the back end and nothing to buy on the market, there is less then zero point in getting rid of him.

Old
08-09-2011, 09:01 AM
Crimson Skorpion

Awards:
Quote:
Exactly
He is servicable.

He is what 37? 38? on the last year of his deal...
No one would be willing to give anything up of real worth for him.
So for a team that is a bit thin on the back end and nothing to buy on the market, there is less then zero point in getting rid of him.
At best, he becomes an interesting player to pick up at the trade deadline, for a team that is making the playoffs and is willing to give out a 3rd or 4th round pick.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 09:02 AM
Injury Prone Stastny
Can't Trade Me!

I'd rather the Avs keep McClement and Hunwick.

Injury Prone Stastny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 09:12 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
At best, he becomes an interesting player to pick up at the trade deadline, for a team that is making the playoffs and is willing to give out a 3rd or 4th round pick.
Only if Montreal is way out of it.
Which I really doubt will be the case.

Old
08-09-2011, 09:26 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Only if Montreal is way out of it.
Which I really doubt will be the case.
Or if Weber and Yemelin take a solid step forward. Weber has better offence than Spacegoat but needs to step up his dgame. Yemelin if he proves himself as a#6 dman.

These two needing more icetime due to thaat would puch Spacek out anyhow, so playoffs or no, Spacek is gone at the deadline (if this works out as mentioned above)

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 10:05 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
Or if Weber and Yemelin take a solid step forward. Weber has better offence than Spacegoat but needs to step up his dgame. Yemelin if he proves himself as a#6 dman.

These two needing more icetime due to thaat would puch Spacek out anyhow, so playoffs or no, Spacek is gone at the deadline (if this works out as mentioned above)
I don't think so. Even if the youngsters did step up, the team would still need depth and injury insurance if it was playoff bound, and would still opt to keep Spacek. The only scenario he gets moved is indeed if the team absolutely tanks and is a deadline seller destined to miss the playoffs. Not too many teams are totally out of it at the deadline anymore. It would have to be a really disastrous season for the Habs.

Old
08-09-2011, 10:12 AM
SlappyMcGee
=w=

I understand that Spacek is an expensive 7th defenseman, but we've signed everybody we're going to sign and he's probably movable if we end up having a surplus of D talent this season. (Not likely since Markov is going to get exploded in game 6. )

SlappyMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 10:33 AM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
I believe McClement can fetch us more worth by himself than packaging him with Hunwick provided he has a decent start to the year. And at worst, he provides as much if not more than Moen, so why bring in Spacek who provides nothing we don't already have?

Thanks for stopping by!

Lonewolfe2015 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 10:39 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
I don't think so. Even if the youngsters did step up, the team would still need depth and injury insurance if it was playoff bound, and would still opt to keep Spacek. The only scenario he gets moved is indeed if the team absolutely tanks and is a deadline seller destined to miss the playoffs. Not too many teams are totally out of it at the deadline anymore. It would have to be a really disastrous season for the Habs.
Keeping Spacek can help us in a big way but at the same time, I wouldn't be agaist moving him to make room for a more solid defensive Dman. Makes this move with the Avs a no go.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 11:04 AM
Frankie Spankie

Quote:
LOL, Colorado might if it means they can get rid of Matt Hunwick.

Frankie Spankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 11:06 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Hunwick sucks, but he doesn't cost 3.8 mill to suck.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 11:11 AM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post

Or a long shot prospect.

untouchable21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 11:16 AM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

Avs won't take on an extra $2M in salary and not end up being a better team. They are barely above the cap floor with all players signed and most likely are happy with that.

Quote:
Avs have four centers with McClement. I don't know if Porter/Galiardi and others are listed as centers somewhere, but they aren't playing center with Avs.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 11:21 AM
Tiger Svoboda

Spacek was injured at the begenning of last year and never came back to his regular effectiveness thereafter. I do think he has the upside of a no 4D if he comes healthy this time. The hate from habs fans is exagerated in my view.

He was a god againts OV in the playoff the year before. I'm willing to give him a chance. There is no better option anyway.

Tiger Svoboda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 12:39 PM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
while I do see your side of it, I see it a little differently. PG seems willing to let the young guns take up some icetime if deserved, so I see Spacegoat moving in the scenario that both Weber and Yemelin step up, and if Spacegoat is moved (for any descent asset) I can see a young player from Hamilton getting a call up as the depth guy, Mitera/Nash/Diaz....depending on the type of Dman they want to round out the blueline. This point of vue stems from the fact that alot of MTL's prospects are now at that stage where they need at least a cup of coffey in the NHL to assess their readyness, and that can only be done if there is a roster spot open. Goat is gone next year any way and his cap will go to either Subban or Price, so we'll need inexpensive talent to fill the void and that is where the young guys come into play.

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2011, 01:11 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
while I do see your side of it, I see it a little differently. PG seems willing to let the young guns take up some icetime if deserved, so I see Spacegoat moving in the scenario that both Weber and Yemelin step up, and if Spacegoat is moved (for any descent asset) I can see a young player from Hamilton getting a call up as the depth guy, Mitera/Nash/Diaz....depending on the type of Dman they want to round out the blueline. This point of vue stems from the fact that alot of MTL's prospects are now at that stage where they need at least a cup of coffey in the NHL to assess their readyness, and that can only be done if there is a roster spot open. Goat is gone next year any way and his cap will go to either Subban or Price, so we'll need inexpensive talent to fill the void and that is where the young guys come into play.
Doesn't really fit my impression of Gauthier. He traded for Sopel and Mara last year, he didn't look within. I don't think there are many NHL GMs who would voluntarily rely on untested kids if they don't have to. Cups of coffee for a select few untested kids will come with injuries, inevitably, even if you start with 8 experienced guys. They'll want to keep Spacek's experience. And then past that, I wouldn't put it past Martin to play Spacek as the #5 guy ahead of Emelin and Weber anyway, and make the whole argument moot. Gauthier's primary objective is not to assess the readiness of his young players, but rather to ice an NHL team that will win hockey games.