HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The AHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The AHL Discuss the American Hockey League; its players, teams, and games.

Copps Coliseum gets new video boards

Old
08-11-2011, 10:28 PM
Majik1987
I know kung fu...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRDANHUTCH View Post
because some out there think they know more than they should, GMR----Something that some posters here do not understand that are in power here....

hasn't the whole point been the last 2 pages been the League will not do this.... stop blaming everything on the League or the Eastern teams.... if Chicago doesn't want to be a part of this league, don't whine about why some teams do it, and others don't....

I wouldn't be surpeised if Levin moves the Wolves to Washington to be close to Vancouver as has been speculated....
Don't listen to me. Listen to the players and people covering other teams...

Quote:
It has discussed bringing in video review a number of times — this would be the owners, not president Dave Andrews who wants it and has pushed for it — but has failed to make it happen. In fact, as recently as three weeks ago, the issue was debated at the board of governors’ meeting in Chicago, only to be put over to a future meeting for a vote.

“They’re saying this is the second-best league in the world,” a calm-but-frustrated [Drew] MacIntyre said moments after the game. “And you’re going to let games go because of missed calls? That’s a lot of pressure put on refs.”
Link - 5/27/11
Quote:
But video technology has advanced to the point where it shouldn’t be that complicated or cost-prohibitive to utilize replay. After all, for a subscription fee fans can now watch video broadcasts of AHL games on the Internet.

This doesn’t have to be a huge operation with a half-dozen camera angles and a war room like the NHL uses. Just place overhead cameras above each net and have a video feed, which would also include the Internet broadcast angles, available in the on-ice timekeeper’s booth for convenient access.
Link
Just google ahl video replay and there are endless stories of teams getting screwed by missed goal calls.

I'd love to know which teams don't have the capability already. I know the Wolves do. Guess they are just ahead of the league, as usual.

08-11-2011, 10:42 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1987 View Post
Don't listen to me. Listen to the players and people covering other teams...

Just google ahl video replay and there are endless stories of teams getting screwed by missed goal calls.

I'd love to know which teams don't have the capability already. I know the Wolves do. Guess they are just ahead of the league, as usual.

It's Hutch, you won't get anywhere....unfortunatly.

Here's my novel put up or shutup idea. NHL, you want these damn developmental leagues(AHL, ECHL)then YOU make it happen that all arenas in these leagues can have replay, somehow some way. It should be the NHL's responsibility that these leagues are 100% on par with theirs as far as rules and play go.(Skill is obviously a matter they can't control)

SFTC Addict is offline   Reply With Quote