Yahoo Fantasy Football

Old
08-10-2011, 05:17 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Yahoo Fantasy Football

I will admit my knowledge of the NFL is quite low, so I was wondering if people could give me some pointers about the Yahoo Fantasy Football public team I drafted:

QB - Tom Brady
RB - Adrian Foster
RB - Stephen Jackson
WR - Wes Welker
WR - Marques Colston
WR - Mario Manningham
TE - Jason Witten
K - Adam Vinatieri
Def - Pittsburgh

Bench - Matt Cassell
Bench - Mark Ingram
Bench - Ryan Williams
Bench - Julio Jones
Bench - Deion Branch

08-10-2011, 05:55 PM
Tyrannis

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
I will admit my knowledge of the NFL is quite low, so I was wondering if people could give me some pointers about the Yahoo Fantasy Football public team I drafted:

QB - Tom Brady
RB - Adrian Foster
RB - Stephen Jackson
WR - Wes Welker
WR - Marques Colston
WR - Mario Manningham
TE - Jason Witten
K - Adam Vinatieri
Def - Pittsburgh

Bench - Matt Cassell
Bench - Mark Ingram
Bench - Ryan Williams
Bench - Julio Jones
Bench - Deion Branch
Looks pretty solid. How many teams are in this league? Love your starting RBs, both guys outside of committees. Ryan Williams has big upside, depending on how Beanie Wells does. Brady's a no-brainer starter every week. Welker will catch balls for you, big time player in a PPR league, if this is one. Manningham will benefit from Steve Smith's injury, he'll be the No. 2 WR for the Giants. Depending on how Mike Mularkey directs the Falcons offense and how he adapts to the big leagues, Julio Jones could be a big pickup. Atlanta might pull a Cincinnati and go from a run first to a pass first offense. I like Jones regardless. I'm very iffy on Branch though. New England spreads the ball out a lot and he's the No. 3 WR in that offense now that Ochocinco has come in, and Edelman might even push him to 4. I'd like to see who's on the waiver wire at WR.

EDIT: Eagles just signed Giants Steve Smith. Manningham's a great pick for you.

tyr

Tyrannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 11:53 AM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrannis View Post
Looks pretty solid. How many teams are in this league? Love your starting RBs, both guys outside of committees. Ryan Williams has big upside, depending on how Beanie Wells does. Brady's a no-brainer starter every week. Welker will catch balls for you, big time player in a PPR league, if this is one. Manningham will benefit from Steve Smith's injury, he'll be the No. 2 WR for the Giants. Depending on how Mike Mularkey directs the Falcons offense and how he adapts to the big leagues, Julio Jones could be a big pickup. Atlanta might pull a Cincinnati and go from a run first to a pass first offense. I like Jones regardless. I'm very iffy on Branch though. New England spreads the ball out a lot and he's the No. 3 WR in that offense now that Ochocinco has come in, and Edelman might even push him to 4. I'd like to see who's on the waiver wire at WR.

EDIT: Eagles just signed Giants Steve Smith. Manningham's a great pick for you.

tyr
Nice, thanks for the advice!

I'd like to acquire Ochocinco actually. My thought process behind that is, having Brady I can really accumulate the points if Brady has a big year. Not a bad guy to go all in on. If he has a big game, that means his receivers are having big games and if I own them too that'll mean a lot of points for me.

y2kcanucks is online now   Reply With Quote