HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bailey for....

Old
08-10-2011, 06:46 PM
Leafssss

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepelfrey View Post
id almost rather have Komisarek. Vlasic is a total passenger, take him out of San Jose and he'd be exposed bigtime

im real glad Snow wouldnt move Comeau for a guy who wouldnt outplay Eaton

Leafssss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 07:03 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
id almost rather have Komisarek. Vlasic is a total passenger, take him out of San Jose and he'd be exposed bigtime

there's a reason the Sharks keep trading for defenders, its because Vlasic has peaked

Lol.

You'd rather have Komi? Good lord, enjoy then sir, enjoy.

hockeyball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 07:04 PM
palindrom

I understand all the Eklund concept about reporting trade rumor.

But he often lose credibility by bringing Komisarek over Bosgonian for Bailey comment.

It really look like giving his toronto fans audience some food so they will come back for more.

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 07:06 PM
palindrom

Quote:

there's a reason the Sharks keep trading for defenders, its because Vlasic has peaked
The same way Komisarek peaked in Montreal and was exposed big time in Toronto?

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 07:06 PM
kingsholygrail
Hail HYDRA!

Great guy in the lockerroom.

Fan favorite.

Doesn't put up a lot of points, but he's got a good presence.

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 07:27 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagee View Post
more like lulwut?

You are indeed alone vitto
lol that was not my words man go to hockeybuzz.com

Its our buddy Ek

Vitto79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 07:32 PM
TOGuy14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
make fun of Eklund here, lol

On Komisarek for Bailey...

I have been holding out, in hopes to announce this as an e5, but my sources right now are actually getting more skeptical as the day goes by... I would put it at an e3 for now, but this really could go either way.

On Bogosian for Bailey......

One of the reasons the Komisarek deal could be moving away from the Isles may be the posiibility of acquiring Zach Bogosian instead... I may be alone here, but were I the Isles I would actually take Komisarek over Bogosian.
LOLOLOLOLOL Komi over Bogo?

That statement summarizes exactly why nobody should ever listen to Eklund...

As a leaf fan I would have taken a sack of nothing for Komisarek (and the sack is negotiable)

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 07:38 PM
Isles_Guy*

Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
The same way Komisarek peaked in Montreal and was exposed big time in Toronto?
pretty much....todays NHL is built on being able to move the puck and Vlasic is poor at that, ever since Blake retired San Jose has brought in Nic Wallin, Ian White, Brent Burns and Colin White, all basically because Vlasic hasnt stepped up his game. 2 years ago Vlasic looked promising putting up 36 points, in the past two season he hasnt done that combined over 2 seasons. he consistently gives the puck away more than he takes it away as well. shark fans corrected me when theyve told me he doesnt hit much, so it seems he doesnt stand out much at all. otherwise why the influx of so many defenders?

the isles need a top pairing defender since Hamonic and MacDonald are a solid 2nd pair, why overpay for a guy like Vlasic, who cant give us what we need....it make no sense. We're better off hoping Mayfield or Pedan can grow into that role rather than overpaying for a guy who we already know cant handle it. right now Vlasic is at best behind Streit, Hamonic and MacDonald and in 2 years DeHaan, Mayfield and probably Pedan pass him by as well.

Vlasic is better than Komi, but at least Komi brings a physical presence, which Vlasic never has, Maybe in San Jose Vlasic is adequate for their needs, but here he would only be a placeholder until DeHaan, Mayfield and probably Pedan pass him by

Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 07:43 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
pretty much....todays NHL is built on being able to move the puck and Vlasic is poor at that, ever since Blake retired San Jose has brought in Nic Wallin, Ian White, Brent Burns and Colin White, all basically because Vlasic hasnt stepped up his game. 2 years ago Vlasic looked promising putting up 36 points, in the past two season he hasnt done that combined over 2 seasons. he consistently gives the puck away more than he takes it away as well. shark fans corrected me when theyve told me he doesnt hit much, so it seems he doesnt stand out much at all. otherwise why the influx of so many defenders?

the isles need a top pairing defender since Hamonic and MacDonald are a solid 2nd pair, why overpay for a guy like Vlasic, who cant give us what we need....it make no sense. We're better off hoping Mayfield or Pedan can grow into that role rather than overpaying for a guy who we already know cant handle it. right now Vlasic is at best behind Streit, Hamonic and MacDonald and in 2 years DeHaan, Mayfield and probably Pedan pass him by as well.

Vlasic is better than Komi, but at least Komi brings a physical presence, which Vlasic never has, Maybe in San Jose Vlasic is adequate for their needs, but here he would only be a placeholder until DeHaan, Mayfield and probably Pedan pass him by
Seriously man, just stop. Good lord your embarrassing yourself.

None of those players were brought in to replace Vlasic in anyway. Wallin was brought in to replace Blake (POORLY), White was brought in as a puck mover, wasn't even paired with Vlasic. Colin White will likely be paired with Demers on a bottom pairing and Vlasic will in all likely hood be paired with Burns as our top pairing.

Yes, Vlasic will be on our top pairing, because he's extremely good defensively and a perfect partner for a big puck moving defensemen like Burns. What Vlasic doesn't do well is offense, especially when he's paired with garbage like Nik Wallin.

Old
08-10-2011, 07:51 PM
The Bored Man

vCash: 537
That Komisarek trade would be worse than the Kessel trade. And that's saying something.

Yikes, Eklund.

The Bored Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 07:59 PM
Isles_Guy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post

None of those players were brought in to replace Vlasic in anyway. Wallin was brought in to replace Blake (POORLY), White was brought in as a puck mover, wasn't even paired with Vlasic. Colin White will likely be paired with Demers on a bottom pairing and Vlasic will in all likely hood be paired with Burns as our top pairing.

Yes, Vlasic will be on our top pairing, because he's extremely good defensively and a perfect partner for a big puck moving defensemen like Burns. What Vlasic doesn't do well is offense, especially when he's paired with garbage like Nik Wallin.
im not, just look at the facts

hockeyball, honestly Jack Hillen who we released averaged more hits per game and had a better giveaway takeaway ratio than Vlasic, he also was a better puckmover and scored more, and i repeat this was a guy we released

Vlasic benefits from playing on a good team put him on the Islanders and he'd be exposed. Vlasic in every category has declined since 2 years ago

youre probably right though that having a great guy like Burns to cover for him will help keep him from being exposed further

Last edited by Isles_Guy*: 08-10-2011 at 08:05 PM.
Old
08-10-2011, 08:29 PM
Doug Height
Okposwag

Quote:

Just ignore him, please.

This is like his 3rd account on here, he keeps getting banned, his original account was Isles_Guy.

Doug Height is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 08:58 PM
hskates21*

Quote:

Streit made gervais not seem god awful for a certain period of time somi think vlasic will be fine even if he struggles will just blame all the goals on DP it will be fine

hskates21* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 10:23 PM
Voodoo Child
Lǎobǎn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post
LOLOLOLOLOL Komi over Bogo?

That statement summarizes exactly why nobody should ever listen to Eklund...

As a leaf fan I would have taken a sack of nothing for Komisarek (and the sack is negotiable)
Just so were clear (it probably doesn't need to be explained, though judging by some responses in this thread, it does), the Islanders would need to give up more...like waaaaaaaaaaaay more to get Bogosian than Komisarek. They are currently about one Komisarek from the cap floor, and Bogo gets maybe 1.75 for his RFA deal.

For Bailey they can have Komisarek for free, hell, we'll even throw in a 4th and low-to-medium end prospect.

For Bogo it's gonna be Bailey + 1st, and he doesn't even have a deal yet.

Voodoo Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 10:36 PM
Sidney the Kidney
Selke BylsmAdams

vCash: 80
Maybe I'm just high on him because I've been a fan since his junior days, but if I were the Isles I'd rather trade Comeau to land that illusive top four defender ahead of Bailey.

Bailey's way too young, and has shown too much glimpses of what he can do (albeit sporadically), to give up on already. His combination of smarts, passing ability, and potential as a very good defensive centerman is the kind of asset that ends up biting you in the butt down the road if he's traded.

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 11:42 PM
Isles_Guy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post
Maybe I'm just high on him because I've been a fan since his junior days, but if I were the Isles I'd rather trade Comeau to land that illusive top four defender ahead of Bailey.

Bailey's way too young, and has shown too much glimpses of what he can do (albeit sporadically), to give up on already. His combination of smarts, passing ability, and potential as a very good defensive centerman is the kind of asset that ends up biting you in the butt down the road if he's traded.
we may not agree often but this is one of those times sid perfectly said

glimpses certainly but when hes on his game like the first week of last season before he was hurt, it was mighty enticing.

we cant all be the best player on the planet like your namesake, but from time to time bailey shows flashes, and im not averse to trading comeau. i just want someone with similar upside to him, not a limited guy like Vlasic or Komi i dont believe in trading for a guy who is what he is, id take a lesser proven player with upside every time

Comeau for Vlasic no, but Comeau for Taylor Doherty+ ( less established but more upside than Vlasic) yeah

Last edited by Isles_Guy*: 08-10-2011 at 11:51 PM.
Old
08-11-2011, 08:40 AM
theIceWookie
formerly FinnishKule

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
I may be in the Minority but Komi never realy looks that bad when I see him play...He might be overpaid but I dont think hes terrible....Hes big and can use his body...plus he wears an "A"....
I'm with you (which might not be saying much since I'm a Leafs fan). He's not exactly going to remind you of Adam Foote in his prime but he's a decent 5th guy who gets overpaid and hated on because of it. He makes his mistakes but put him with a swift skater like Streit and he could get right back on the horse he's slipped off. His leadership is also something he doesn't really get credit for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
I understand all the Eklund concept about reporting trade rumor.

But he often lose credibility by bringing Komisarek over Bosgonian for Bailey comment.

It really look like giving his toronto fans audience some food so they will come back for more.
The thing is Eklund mentioned wanting Komi over Bogo. The comment was just bad. I could understand maybe wanting Komisarek over Bogo because Bogo would cost too much and acquiring Komi would be cheaper and would bring leadership Bogo doesn't have. But to leave it at the original statement is just...dumb.

theIceWookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 08:49 AM
theIceWookie
formerly FinnishKule

Quote:
we may not agree often but this is one of those times sid perfectly said

glimpses certainly but when hes on his game like the first week of last season before he was hurt, it was mighty enticing.

we cant all be the best player on the planet like your namesake, but from time to time bailey shows flashes, and im not averse to trading comeau. i just want someone with similar upside to him, not a limited guy like Vlasic or Komi i dont believe in trading for a guy who is what he is, id take a lesser proven player with upside every time

Comeau for Vlasic no, but Comeau for Taylor Doherty+ ( less established but more upside than Vlasic) yeah
That's a very nice thing to want but it's not always available. The biggest thing about players like this is you walk a fine line between risk and reward. If you wait to long, you destroy the value the player has. If you give up to early, you lose out on the reward (although far to often people mistake the breakout in a new surrounding as being just the natural progression of a players talent).

It's a fine line. I don't blame you for wanting to wait but sometimes you have to take a jump.

theIceWookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 08:59 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 5158
Quote:

Curious, wouldn't Burns be paired up with Boyle? Granted, I suppose it is better to spread the love, as it were. Not to mention after last season Demers looked to possibly jump into the top four. He was pretty solid, albeit with some odd quiet stretches.

Quote:
im not, just look at the facts

hockeyball, honestly Jack Hillen who we released averaged more hits per game and had a better giveaway takeaway ratio than Vlasic, he also was a better puckmover and scored more, and i repeat this was a guy we released

Vlasic benefits from playing on a good team put him on the Islanders and he'd be exposed. Vlasic in every category has declined since 2 years ago

youre probably right though that having a great guy like Burns to cover for him will help keep him from being exposed further
Mate, the only fact is Komisarek is trash at this point. I have watched him throughout his career in Montreal, and many times since his departure. He is a complete shell of his former self. Originally he had the makings of a top four shutdown defenseman who could bodycheck you through bloody metal. The man was a beast or so it seemed. Since that 'peek season', we learned two things. Markov can make anyone look good and Lucic can screw you up, especially if you happen to be a moron and fight him while injured. Komi is now lucky to be playing in the NHL and very soon may find himself without a job, he has sunk that low.

Even if Vlasic did peek, he is signed to a cheaper deal and a significantly superior player. Just keep him away from Lucic the Destroyer and all is well.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 09:09 AM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne View Post
Curious, wouldn't Burns be paired up with Boyle? Granted, I suppose it is better to spread the love, as it were. Not to mention after last season Demers looked to possibly jump into the top four. He was pretty solid, albeit with some odd quiet stretches.
I could see Boyle with Burns working, or Burns with Demers, but it sounds like they are planning to go with Vlasic-Burns, which is fine too (leaves Boyle with Murray). Keeps everyone on their preferred side and gives Burns a defensemen that can be totally relied upon to cover him when he jumps into the play. Vlasic is basically an ideal partner because he is a defense first defensemen and needs a physical partner to be truly effective. We expect to see Vlasic's best season this year. He was great with Blake, he should be even better with Burns.

Old
08-11-2011, 09:09 AM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:

But if he was paired with Striet, things might work out......

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 09:16 AM
Jame
Dream '16

Send a message via Yahoo to Jame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Height View Post
Just ignore him, please.

This is like his 3rd account on here, he keeps getting banned, his original account was Isles_Guy.
Explains everything. Thanks

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 09:46 AM
Darylman

I can't help but feel like Komisarek is getting badly underrated. I think this could be a big year for him, honestly. He's healthy and hungry. End of last year he looked in fine form.

Darylman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 10:15 AM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
But if he was paired with Striet, things might work out......
I think Vlasic - Streit would be an excellent pairing. Give the Isles an excellent top-pairing.

That said, if Vlasic was going to be traded, i think it would have happened by now.

Old
08-11-2011, 11:11 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 5158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darylman View Post
I can't help but feel like Komisarek is getting badly underrated. I think this could be a big year for him, honestly. He's healthy and hungry. End of last year he looked in fine form.
It could very well be his year of redemption, it certain must if he intends to have much future at the NHL level. The problem is Toronto currently lacks a defenseman who can both cover his mistakes and compliment the style he employs, which was Markov's role. Phaneuf would be the initial go to but his lackluster defensive game would make the duo a liability more often than not. Honestly, if Schenn could develop his offense, he could make Komi good again. Just pray to god they do not match up Franson and Komi otherwise Reimer will get lit up.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote