HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jarred Tinordi makes first cut (15 players) at US camp

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-20-2011, 04:29 PM
  #126
bcv
My french sucks.
 
bcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
The fact he is fighting in junior because he knows he needs to in order to succeed doesn't say a whole lot about him as a prospect. I'm hopeful, but not because of this. He needs to round out his defensive positioning and worry less about dropping the gloves.

It's a nice thing to add to his game if all other aspects come into form, if not, he'll struggle to ever make an impact on a NHL roster. He's got a long, long way to go.
Yes, what he should do is learn his positioning, and that's it. Nothing else matter. He can't learn more than one thing at a time. He should start fighting in the pros. That's how he should do it.

Wait not. If he start fighting with men, he's gonna get destroy, like Conboy.

bcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 05:04 AM
  #127
Mr. Hab
Registered User
 
Mr. Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,001
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
Agreed I hope this guy is in the NHL in two years!


Subban, Markov, Emelin, Tinordi


As a top four is exciting. Great mix of mobility size leadership and grit.

Weber and Diaz may round out the bottom pair.

PP 1 - Subban - Markov
PP2 - Weber - Diaz

Nathan Beaulieu!
Nathan Beaulieu!
You've got to love the name and EVERYthing else about him!

2 years+ from now...

Tinordi - Subban
Beaulieu - Gorges
Weber/Diaz - Subban's dman brother
Markov (traded...unless he proves he's not injury prone and a ''tin man'' in playoffs)
Yemelin/Emelin (let's see how he adapts to the NHL and if he wants to stay...I hope so)


Last edited by Mr. Hab: 08-21-2011 at 05:15 AM.
Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 05:34 AM
  #128
Mr. Hab
Registered User
 
Mr. Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,001
vCash: 500
Fighting?

Tinordi better do all his fighting now, 'cause in the NHL...if he'll be that solid top 4 or top 6 dman we really need, then...he better stay away from fights unless he's defending small teammates from ^&*#$%&* like Lucic and Chara.
Or...if he fights in the NHL he better dominate all of them a la Laraques, or else...pick 'em when the time is right (defending a small teammate against bullies).

We will need Tinordi on the ice and not in the penalty box or nursing an injury (wrist, hand, eye injury, etc...from fighting).

Wisniewski got injured grom fighting in...playoffs.
I totally respect him for doing what he did to that ****ing Bruin player, but...in the end we needed him to have a healthy wrist/hand for OUR playoffs. Still...I respect him since he did continue to play or try to (maybe it was 'cause he was going to be ufa? we will never know...).

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 07:26 AM
  #129
JAVO16
Registered User
 
JAVO16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Fighting?

Tinordi better do all his fighting now, 'cause in the NHL...if he'll be that solid top 4 or top 6 dman we really need, then...he better stay away from fights unless he's defending small teammates from ^&*#$%&* like Lucic and Chara.
Or...if he fights in the NHL he better dominate all of them a la Laraques, or else...pick 'em when the time is right (defending a small teammate against bullies).

We will need Tinordi on the ice and not in the penalty box or nursing an injury (wrist, hand, eye injury, etc...from fighting).

Wisniewski got injured grom fighting in...playoffs.
I totally respect him for doing what he did to that ****ing Bruin player, but...in the end we needed him to have a healthy wrist/hand for OUR playoffs. Still...I respect him since he did continue to play or try to (maybe it was 'cause he was going to be ufa? we will never know...).
Yes, but we need him to be somewhat competent with his fists so as to not embarass himself like Komisarek. If he plays physical in the NHL, he'll need to answer the bell from time to time and we don't want him to lose all his confidence because of one fight ( ala Lucic vs Komisarek).

JAVO16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 08:22 AM
  #130
Subnordi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 271
vCash: 500
I would love to see Jarred make the USA team, I don't get to see the Habs prospects play much(never live) just clips off youtube and stuff. I want to see how Jarred fares against very skilled opposing teams(Canada, Russia). Hey, with Subban becoming the next Orr, could Jarred be the next Big Bird, Larry Robinson? Or does he have to grow his hair out longer?

Subnordi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 08:39 AM
  #131
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 13,826
vCash: 500
There's 2 reasons why I really hope Tinordi makes the the USA team, other then just having a Habs prospect be there. I remember last pre-season being impressed at how he used his size to contain small-fast forwards on the outside, I would very much like to see how he does it for a longer period playing against the best and fastest kids of his age, especially Russia. The other thing I want to see is how mean will he be when team Canada's crash and bang line starts playing close to Campbell, I hope he can be that defender that they play to restrain specific players. I hope he makes it...

Maxpac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 12:29 PM
  #132
hogtownhabsfan*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
There's 2 reasons why I really hope Tinordi makes the the USA team, other then just having a Habs prospect be there. I remember last pre-season being impressed at how he used his size to contain small-fast forwards on the outside, I would very much like to see how he does it for a longer period playing against the best and fastest kids of his age, especially Russia. The other thing I want to see is how mean will he be when team Canada's crash and bang line starts playing close to Campbell, I hope he can be that defender that they play to restrain specific players. I hope he makes it...
Definitely agree. How would you feel if Tinordi starts pushing our Canadian lads around? Talk about mixed emotions....


Last edited by hogtownhabsfan*: 08-21-2011 at 12:39 PM.
hogtownhabsfan* is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 12:51 PM
  #133
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
Definitely agree. How would you feel if Tinordi starts pushing our Canadian lads around? Talk about mixed emotions....
Like if he laid Bournival out with a massive hit? I'd be happy probably.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 12:53 PM
  #134
hogtownhabsfan*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Like if he laid Bournival out with a massive hit? I'd be happy probably.
I'd be happier if he nailed spooner...

But yea, I would secretly be rooting for him to bully, even against Canada....

hogtownhabsfan* is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 02:12 PM
  #135
FF de Mars
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: 42 rue Fontaine
Country: Martinique
Posts: 6,020
vCash: 500
It's pretty cool that Tinordi and Beaulieu are friends.

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 02:28 PM
  #136
Redux91
I do Three bullets.
 
Redux91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Montreal West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,383
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
Definitely agree. How would you feel if Tinordi starts pushing our Canadian lads around? Talk about mixed emotions....
If the team usa guy is a hab, then i do not care.

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 02:43 PM
  #137
FF de Mars
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: 42 rue Fontaine
Country: Martinique
Posts: 6,020
vCash: 500
Are they allowed to trade, from one section of the CHL to another ? between the OHL and the Q, for example ? It would be sick to have Tinordi and Beaulieu paired toghether making a run at the Memorial Cup ! I don't think they allow those type of trades, but they should !

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 04:08 PM
  #138
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
Are they allowed to trade, from one section of the CHL to another ? between the OHL and the Q, for example ? It would be sick to have Tinordi and Beaulieu paired toghether making a run at the Memorial Cup ! I don't think they allow those type of trades, but they should !
Beaulieu! If this guy pans out we'll be set, if both of them pan out we'll have the strongest youth D in the league. Not to mention Emelin, Diaz, Gorges, plenty of possibilities in the mix. Weber is no slouch either.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 05:02 PM
  #139
bcv
My french sucks.
 
bcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Beaulieu! If this guy pans out we'll be set, if both of them pan out we'll have the strongest youth D in the league. Not to mention Emelin, Diaz, Gorges, plenty of possibilities in the mix. Weber is no slouch either.
While it may be very good, I don't think they'll be THE best. For exemple, Panthers has Gudbranson, Ellerby, Kulikov, Shore, Petrovic.. REALLY interesting D prospects. Sens also have Karlsson, Cowen, Rundblad and Weirioch(sp?).

Subban, Tinordi, Beaulieu and Weber looks good though.

bcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 05:54 PM
  #140
matCH penalty
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,077
vCash: 500
If Jarred makes the US team, he can push around anyone he wants for all I care. Just as long as he leaves with a medal that isn't gold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
For exemple, Panthers has Gudbranson, Ellerby, Kulikov, Shore, Petrovic.. REALLY interesting D prospects.
It's the Panthers. There's a better chance of Beaulieu and Tinordi becoming Norris candidates than even half of those players spending a quarter of their careers with that franchise.

matCH penalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 07:34 PM
  #141
bcv
My french sucks.
 
bcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by matCH penalty View Post
If Jarred makes the US team, he can push around anyone he wants for all I care. Just as long as he leaves with a medal that isn't gold.



It's the Panthers. There's a better chance of Beaulieu and Tinordi becoming Norris candidates than even half of those players spending a quarter of their careers with that franchise.
Good point

bcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 02:42 AM
  #142
mustardnight
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 68
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
Good point
Idk cam fowler and doughty will be norris candidates for a long time.

Im excited for both tinordi ans beaulieu, but I don't expect them to be excellent players in any way.

mustardnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 03:12 AM
  #143
Mike8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 11,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
Are they allowed to trade, from one section of the CHL to another ? between the OHL and the Q, for example ? It would be sick to have Tinordi and Beaulieu paired toghether making a run at the Memorial Cup ! I don't think they allow those type of trades, but they should !
No, they don't allow those trades. And they shouldn't either: these are still kids we're talking about here.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 09:56 AM
  #144
bcv
My french sucks.
 
bcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,908
vCash: 500
Rob Ramage is now rhe Dmen coach in London.

I don't really know much about him, how was he as a player. I know he was drafted 1st overall and that he was with Habs in 93.

I also know he spent some time in jail.


Last edited by bcv: 08-22-2011 at 10:04 AM.
bcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 10:41 PM
  #145
Mr. Hab
Registered User
 
Mr. Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,001
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
While it may be very good, I don't think they'll be THE best. For exemple, Panthers has Gudbranson, Ellerby, Kulikov, Shore, Petrovic.. REALLY interesting D prospects. Sens also have Karlsson, Cowen, Rundblad and Weirioch(sp?).

Subban, Tinordi, Beaulieu and Weber looks good though.
This would look better...imo:
PK Subban
Jordan Subban
Beaulieu
Tinordi
---------- ----------
Weber
Emelin
Bennett

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.