HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Teams with the best prospect pools

Old
08-16-2011, 04:29 PM
dnicks17

vCash: 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehner View Post
Detroit isn't top 5, There like 15-20 maybe even 20 -25.
20-25? Really?

They're easily Top10.

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2011, 04:41 PM
CloneHakanPlease*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehner View Post
Detroit isn't top 5, There like 15-20 maybe even 20 -25.
They are easily in the top 10. In 5 years, people will look back at this thread and lol @ you.

CloneHakanPlease* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2011, 04:42 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
20-25? Really?

They're easily Top10.
Oilers, Blues, Panthers, Senators, Flyers (with Schenn and Couturier), Islanders, Predators, Kings, Blue Jackets, Avalanche and Rangers all have better prospect than them so saying that they are easily Top10 isn't true IMO.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2011, 04:45 PM
CloneHakanPlease*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Oilers, Blues, Panthers, Senators, Flyers (with Schenn and Couturier), Islanders, Predators, Kings, Blue Jackets, Avalanche and Rangers all have better prospects IN MY OPINION than them so saying that they are easily Top10 isn't true IMO.
Just for the record, Holland has been on record saying this is by far the strongest our prospect pool has ever been. They weren't hyping up Hudler and Filppula like they are these guys.

Old
08-16-2011, 04:48 PM
pb1300
#CatsAreComing

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
1A. Panthers
1B. Sens
3. Islanders

That is my top three.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2011, 04:49 PM
pb1300
#CatsAreComing

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZBAKE View Post
Just for the record, Holland has been on record saying this is by far the strongest our prospect pool has ever been. They weren't hyping up Hudler and Filppula like they are these guys.
So, what else do you expect the GM to say? It doesnt mean that they have "easily" a top 10 prospect pool.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2011, 04:52 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
And how is that relevant when talking about where are they ranked compered to other teams in NHL? If Wings pool is good that doesn't mean that other teams prospects are less valuable.

Old
CloneHakanPlease*

Quote:
Oilers, Blues, Panthers, Senators, Flyers (with Schenn and Couturier), Islanders, Predators, Kings, Blue Jackets, Avalanche and Rangers all have better prospect than them so saying that they are easily Top10 isn't true IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
So, what else do you expect the GM to say? It doesnt mean that they have "easily" a top 10 prospect pool.
My point is that while Wing's prospects have been overrated before, it was very rarely done by Holland or Hakan. They never said the things they say about Jarncrok or Tatar about Filppula or Hudler. They think they are special players. Players we haven't seen in the system in a very long time. Wing's prospects have been overated, but it was always by other teams, never by our actual brass. We have a lot of High Risk/High Reward players, and with out development pedigree, I'd bet for the Wings before agaisnt them.

Old
Big Mr S
Rookie User

I respect your opinion but these choices were based on my view! Everyone has there own preferences which is why the actual ranking will vary depending on who's making the list. People tend to forget sometimes how deep Detroit's pool actually is since they can afford to let them develop until 21-22-23 years old! Also, I'm not a Detroit Fan so this is not a homer choice!! But with guys like :

Almqvist, Jarnkrok, Jurco, Mursak, Nyquist, Pulkkinen, Smith, Tatar, etc... I would call that a strong prospect pool!

Last edited by Big Mr S: 08-16-2011 at 04:58 PM.
Big Mr S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2011, 04:54 PM
Hale The Villain

Quote:
How is Detroit in front of teams like FLA, COL, STL? There's no way they have better prospect than those three teams, and there are more teams that have better prospects.
Their top 5 is arguably as good as any in the league.

B.Smith is a future Nicklas Kronwall
T.Tatar has put up pretty good numbers in the AHL, could develop into a top 6 forward
G.Nyquist dominated college, sick hands, has top line potential
C.Jarnkrok has garned comparisons to Zetterberg from fans in Sweden, has top line potential
T.Pulkkinen put up above a PPG in the Finnish Elite League, has top line potential

Hale The Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2011, 04:55 PM
CloneHakanPlease*

Quote:
And how is that relevant when talking where are they ranked compered to other teams in NHL? If Wings pool is good that doesn't mean that other teams prospects are less valuable.
It's relevant because if Holland thinks the prospect pool is as strong as it has ever been in the past 15 years, there is no way he thinks 10 other teams are better than them. Look, I know you probably think I'm biased, but I generally try to call things striaght as a Wings fan. I don't think Lidstrom is a top 10 d man in the league anymore. I don't think the Wings are a REAL cup threat next year. I'll freely admit that our past prospects the past few years havent lived up to the expectations of HFboards (despite never being as hyped as much as they were here by our own brass). But I am telling you that I DO believe that the Wings have several studs. My opinion is matched by people with far more hockey knowledge then both you and I. They could be wrong, but I doubt it. You really think the best RW prospect pool in the past 15 years wouldn't break the top 10 right now?

Old
08-16-2011, 05:09 PM
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!

Quote:
Philly isn't top 10. Schenn, Couturier, Ranford, and Gustafsson is pretty much all they have.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2011, 05:19 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
It's relevant because if Holland thinks the prospect pool is as strong as it has ever been in the past 15 years, there is no way he thinks 10 other teams are better than them. Look, I know you probably think I'm biased, but I generally try to call things striaght as a Wings fan. I don't think Lidstrom is a top 10 d man in the league anymore. I don't think the Wings are a REAL cup threat next year. I'll freely admit that our past prospects the past few years havent lived up to the expectations of HFboards (despite never being as hyped as much as they were here by our own brass). But I am telling you that I DO believe that the Wings have several studs. My opinion is matched by people with far more hockey knowledge then both you and I. They could be wrong, but I doubt it. You really think the best RW prospect pool in the past 15 years wouldn't break the top 10 right now?

I don't even know what to say about the bolded part of your post.

Wings could have some studs in their pool, but that doesn't affect prospect pools of other teams, that's my point. Other teams have studs in their prospect pools as well.

Old
08-16-2011, 05:25 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Philly isn't top 10. Schenn, Couturier, Ranford, and Gustafsson is pretty much all they have.
They are better than Wings IMO, since I don't see no one in their pool as good as Schenn and Couturier (in Avs predraft special, their scout from Q said that Couturier reminds him of Perry), although there are probably other teams that are more deserving of a Top10 spot.

Old
08-16-2011, 05:27 PM
Big Mr S
Rookie User

Quote:
We are all entitled to our own opinion but I would be curious to find out which 10 teams (min.) that you consider to have better talent than Almqvist, Jarnkrok, Jurco, Mursak, Nyquist, Pulkkinen, Smith, Tatar, etc - By identifying those prospects as well!

Thanks

Old
08-16-2011, 05:36 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mr S View Post
We are all entitled to our own opinion but I would be curious to find out which 10 teams (min.) that you consider to have better talent than Almqvist, Jarnkrok, Jurco, Mursak, Nyquist, Pulkkinen, Smith, Tatar, etc - By identifying those prospects as well!

Thanks
You guys are the ones that are claiming that Wings are top 10 easily, and some of you think that they are even top 5, why should I do all the dirty work?

Old
08-16-2011, 05:43 PM
Big Mr S
Rookie User

Quote:
You guys are the ones that are claiming that Wings are top 10 easily, and some of you think that they are even top 5, why should I do all the dirty work?
Hummm, really?
You keep saying that I'm wrong putting them in MY top 5 - you claim that they are not even top 10 but you don't want to explain or justify yourself!? Here i taught I was discussing with someone who seemed knowledgeable and decent! My mistake i guess!! But usually when one express an opinion or claim something, it's always best to back that with something. But that's just me!! I provided you with the prospects that for me makes them a top 5. Prove me wrong it shouldn't be hard or dirty work since there are so many, right?!

Old
08-16-2011, 05:56 PM
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!

Quote:
They are better than Wings IMO, since I don't see no one in their pool as good as Schenn and Couturier (in Avs predraft special, their scout from Q said that Couturier reminds him of Perry), although there are probably other teams that are more deserving of a Top10 spot.
Yeah but two players don't make a prospect pool. The Wings definitely have more depth, and their top 7-8 consists of very good prospects, even if they don't have any bluechippers. Philadelphia's depth beyond their top 5 is completely awful. Schenn and Couturier are the only thing keeping them from beying 30th.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2011, 06:10 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Hummm, really?
You keep saying that I'm wrong putting them in MY top 5 - you claim that they are not even top 10 but you don't want to explain or justify yourself!? Here i taught I was discussing with someone who seemed knowledgeable and decent! My mistake i guess!! But usually when one express an opinion or claim something, it's always best to back that with something. But that's just me!! I provided you with the prospects that for me makes them a top 5. Prove me wrong it shouldn't be hard or dirty work since there are so many, right?!
FLA - Huberdeau, Bjugstad, Howden, Markstrom, Gudbranson
OTT - Rundblad, Lehner, Cowen, Puempel, Silfverberg
LA - Bernier, Forbort, Toffoli, Laktionov, Voynov
NSH - Blum, Josi, Ellis, Geoffrion, Beck, Watson
CBJ - Johansen, Calvert, Moore, Savard, Kubalik
NYI - De Haan, Strome, Nino, Poulin, Petrov
EDM- RNH, Pitlick, Maricin, Lander, Hamilton, Klefbom
STL - Schwartz, Tarasenko, Allen, Cole, Rattie
NJD - Larsson, Merill, Tedenby, Urbom, Henrique
COL - Landeskog, Hishon, Elliot, Pickard, Barrie, Siemens

These are my ten teams in no particular order, except for the obvious #1 in Panthers, there could be some other teams more deserving of a top 10 spot, but I'll go with these ten to show you that Wings aren't a top10 team easily.

Old
08-16-2011, 06:12 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Yeah but two players don't make a prospect pool. The Wings definitely have more depth, and their top 7-8 consists of very good prospects, even if they don't have any bluechippers. Philadelphia's depth beyond their top 5 is completely awful. Schenn and Couturier are the only thing keeping them from beying 30th.
Yes but those two are more of a sure thing that any of the Wings propects IMHO.

Old
08-16-2011, 06:18 PM
bradbirtch
go leafs tank

my top 3
1. panthers
2. sens
Islanders

bradbirtch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2011, 08:51 PM
Big Mr S
Rookie User

Quote:

These are my ten teams in no particular order, except for the obvious #1 in Panthers, there could be some other teams more deserving of a top 10 spot, but I'll go with these ten to show you that Wings aren't a top10 team easily.
Thank you for having taken the time to respond and elaborate! I appreciate your feedback! Personally I prefer the depth of Detroit's prospect over STL, NJD and COL. FLA and LA were in my "honorable mention". That doesn't mean the teams you mentioned don't have quality players but from my perspective their system isn't as deep! I would probably put NYI at the top of my list since alot of EDM top prospects are no longer considered prospect in my book.

Last edited by Big Mr S: 08-16-2011 at 09:59 PM.
Old
08-16-2011, 11:12 PM
I am the Liquor
finger sniffer

vCash: 50
Hullabalala

Last edited by I am the Liquor: 08-16-2011 at 11:19 PM.
I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 12:57 AM
Holy Jokinen

Quote:
Thank you for having taken the time to respond and elaborate! I appreciate your feedback! Personally I prefer the depth of Detroit's prospect over STL, NJD and COL. FLA and LA were in my "honorable mention". That doesn't mean the teams you mentioned don't have quality players but from my perspective their system isn't as deep! I would probably put NYI at the top of my list since alot of EDM top prospects are no longer considered prospect in my book.
Could you explain in detail how Florida's prospect pool isn't as deep as Detroit's?

Holy Jokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 01:29 AM
Lehner

I wanna keep going on this before I pick Detroit:
MIN - Granlund, Coyle, Brodin, Scandella, Zucker, Hackett **in my top 10**
ANA - Etem, Holland, DSP, Vatanen, Bobkov, Palmieri, Rakell, Gibson **in my top 10**
BUF - Kassian, Adam, Pysyk, Armia, Enroth
TOR - Reimer, Kadri, Aulie, Colborne, Gardiner
CHI - Leddy, Morin, Olsen, McNeil, Smith, Salak
PHX - OEL, MacLean, Gormley, Visentin, Murphy
DET - Now i think I put DET

Even then tho I thought about NYR, CAR, WSH, PHI.

I don't think I'm that far out to lunch.

Lehner is offline   Reply With Quote