HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Andrei Kostitsyn Comments to Alexander Vankovich

Old
08-20-2011, 06:44 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
Yet he's complaining like he was placed on the 4th line for those 18 games. Martin should have adjusted, but Gomez is still a top 6 player. And Eller is not a 4th line player as well. He has skills to have AK produce. And DD has mad vision. Moreover he's still going to get second wave PP time, as usual. He spent too much time with Sergei this summer...
Maybe Andrei Kostitsyn meant to say in his interview that he approached Martin and said he'd rather be on the 4th line then play with Gomez. I know I'd rather play with anyone else but him. Then again, if I was on his team, I would've beat his stupid ****ing face in long ago.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 07:39 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
Afraid you wandered into the realm of illogical deduction ......no worries, they are often confused.

By your "logic" there aren't any lazy or heartless players in the NHL because they all are under contract.

Maybe you could enlighten Matt Bradley with your wisdom. He is currently under the illusion that Semin is lazy and heartless.
Ahhh, there you go, getting lost into your own personal world. Explain to me the logic in using a player that is selfish, heartless, soft and lazy.
Which is more logical, that the coaches and GMs are crazy enough to keep such an unappealing player, or that perhaps he isn't as selfish, heartless, soft and lazy as some casual and clueless fans may think?

As for Matt Bradley. Don't you find it ironic that you seem to somehow use his words to invoke that Semin is all of those fantastic clichés, but when AK says as little as him not appreciating Martin's handling and that he didn't feel much care from him, then you go off on AK??
Which is it? Should players speak up? or not? Are the ones you dislike for whatever reason always wrong?
Bradley is in Florida now, Semin is in Washington, one plays 10min while the other 18, one averages 18pts per season while the other gets 74, you're right, screw that little Semin.
On second thought...Holy crap man, the kid is lazy, heartless, soft and doesn't care, yet scores on average 37goals/74pts per season. Jesus Christ, what would be his ceiling if he wasn't lazy, heartless, soft and actually cared??..I think he'd beat 99's records.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 07:58 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Kriss E........

So what is the magic number of points that a player needs to score for him not to be considered lazy????

I have been saying Kostitsyn is motivationally challenged for years but according to you I just had this epiphany after Andrei's alleged comments. Not only are you an expert on the inner workings of the Capitals locker room but you are a foremost authority on my opinion.......impressive

This is typical behaviour of someone who is being spanked in a debate.

Enjoy the rest of your day......you've wasted enough of mine

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 08:27 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
Kriss E........

So what is the magic number of points that a player needs to score for him not to be considered lazy????

I have been saying Kostitsyn is motivationally challenged for years but according to you I just had this epiphany after Andrei's alleged comments. Not only are you an expert on the inner workings of the Capitals locker room but you are a foremost authority on my opinion.......impressive

This is typical behaviour of someone who is being spanked in a debate.

Enjoy the rest of your day......you've wasted enough of mine
EP, I didn't waste any of your time, unless I have the power to make a perfect stranger lose his time, which would be impressive. You wasted your own time if you want to consider it a waste.

As for Ak, or Semin, I just think it's completely ignorant to label them as lazy or heartless because they don't play the WAY some of you would like them to.
If you played sports, heck, if you simply worked out for a couple of months in a row, then you'd realize not everybody can push at max effort every single time they go perform an activity. Why should it be any different for these players? Guys like AK or Semin might simply not have the mental fortitude to push themselves every single game at 100%. It's not an easy thing to do, and that's why consistency is what separates so many players in the NHL, of all talent.
But hey, that's really not as fun as calling some guys we don't even know lazy and heartless players. You're right, that's so much easier.

Old
08-20-2011, 08:37 PM
FF de Mars

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Maybe Andrei Kostitsyn meant to say in his interview that he approached Martin and said he'd rather be on the 4th line then play with Gomez. I know I'd rather play with anyone else but him. Then again, if I was on his team, I would've beat his stupid ****ing face in long ago.
That was a good joke. I don't mind Gomez that much because I think it's his last year in Montréal and that he will play with a chip on his shoulder. But we're talking about something else, here.

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 10:57 AM
THE HOFF

Don't understand how kostisyn's comments have that kind of impact here ... frankly we have all seen worst, and so has Kostisyn.

Was it lies ? who cares, everyone sort of knew what A.kos thought of martin anyways. One thing though, A.kos has become more complete player under JM, and is no longer a defensive liability on the ice, he hits, and does more of the little things he was guilty of not doing. His passes are firm and accurate, he moves his body well , if his release would be slightly quicker, a lot of blocked shots would have been goals. He is getting there, and he kept fighting for icetime... so he bought the martin reciepe, regardless of what he's saying. Keep being fair with him, and he'll have a great season imho ...

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 01:32 PM
FlyingRat

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE HOFF View Post
what if montreal, or quebec in general was the birthplace of many great coaches, like...say, a guy who just won the cup ?
Claude Julien is from Ontario.

FlyingRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 02:23 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
guess you forget to Gomez/AK duo who turned out to be a fiasco... guess it was AK at fault... before that AK was our best forward with Plekanec...
The AK/Gomez duo was a fiasco, hence why it was dropped and AKost was moved to a different line, and it helped both guys. What an amazing concept huh. I'm not sure why some people think playing a scoring role on the 3rd line is such a bad thing. Never hurts to be able to roll 3 lines.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 05:31 PM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
The AK/Gomez duo was a fiasco, hence why it was dropped and AKost was moved to a different line, and it helped both guys. What an amazing concept huh. I'm not sure why some people think playing a scoring role on the 3rd line is such a bad thing. Never hurts to be able to roll 3 lines.
it's just a matter of how you see things. If you think you're just being moved to another line it's fine, if you think you're demoted to a 3rd/4th line then it's not so fine.

If anything A.K. may be a really insecure person and need to be told those things. It's not the first time we hear AK saying he tried to talk to JM with no success.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 09:25 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Pacioretty did not make anything close to the same comments. He was asked what he thought of being in the minors and said its probably better for my development. His statement was twisted by some to serve an agenda, but what he said translated to "I trust that the organization has made the best decision for my development". AKost was on the 3rd line at times because he was simply under-performing and was bumped down to try and get him to work on some stuff and regain confidence against lesser caliber defenders. This worked as AKost rediscovered his game and found chemistry with Eller. Anybody with a brain would conclude that it was a successful coaching move.
Don't bother, you'll be asked the same question at least twice. I was asked the same question about Pacioretty, explained in length the difference and Andy asked again.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 10:19 PM
znk

Quote:
Pacioretty did not make anything close to the same comments. He was asked what he thought of being in the minors and said its probably better for my development. His statement was twisted by some to serve an agenda, but what he said translated to "I trust that the organization has made the best decision for my development". AKost was on the 3rd line at times because he was simply under-performing and was bumped down to try and get him to work on some stuff and regain confidence against lesser caliber defenders. This worked as AKost rediscovered his game and found chemistry with Eller. Anybody with a brain would conclude that it was a successful coaching move.
Actually what he said to Marinaro on the team 990 was basically "I dont want to get called up if it's to play on the 3rd-4th line"
It's at about 9:20 in to the nov 4the clip.
http://www.team990.com/sound_bytes/v...audio_clips/1/

znk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 10:27 PM
McTusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
Don't bother, you'll be asked the same question at least twice. I was asked the same question about Pacioretty, explained in length the difference and Andy asked again.
I don't know why that made me laugh, guess cause I don't know who Andy is.

McTusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 09:22 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
Actually what he said to Marinaro on the team 990 was basically "I dont want to get called up if it's to play on the 3rd-4th line"
People have selective memories and very few approach a discussion from a neutral position.

There is no difference in the message expressed by MaxPac.
Sure, the words used are different, but the message is essentially the same. If AK's words are viewed as a criticism towards the coach, then why wouldn't MaxPac's be just that as well?

There really isn't much of a difference, but we all know Max is the type of player that appeals more fans than AK.

Old
08-22-2011, 10:02 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
It's a stretch to think that the messages were the same. Had AK stopped at wanting more ice time on the Top 6, it would be comparable. Nowhere did MaxPac say anything like "the coach doesn't care". Some try to minimize the impact of that last sentence but it is attacking the integrity of your coach. That's where the line was crossed in my opinion. But hey, it's apparently because I'm biased.

Old
08-22-2011, 10:06 AM
Andy

Quote:
It's a stretch to think that the messages were the same. Had AK stopped at wanting more ice time on the Top 6, it would be comparable. Nowhere did MaxPac say anything like "the coach doesn't care". Some try to minimize the impact of that last sentence but it is attacking the integrity of your coach. That's where the line was crossed in my opinion. But hey, it's apparently because I'm biased.
You're right it isn't comparable.... Pacioretty said he preferred one coach over the other, that's pretty bad in its own right.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 10:24 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Actually, AK didn't say Martin doesn't care about the team, he said that after TRYING to speak with him on MULTIPLE occasions, it didn't change, hence the "it's like he doesn't care" comment. From the meetings they've had, AK feels like the coach doesn't give much crap about him. If you want to spin this around as if it's AK attacking the coach and insulting his integrity, then that's your prerogative. But all it really is, simply put, is AK explaining what/how he went through the past season.
MaxPac did the exact same thing. He explained what/how he went through the previous years. He said he didn't feel like he was handled properly over here and rather spent his time down in the AHL as a top liner instead of being a 3rd-4th liner here with the pressure of being benched at every mistake. No matter how you try to spin this, it's a criticism towards Martin.

Both players criticised Martin about their utilisation. You're convincing yourself that AK's words are worse, but they're not.
Instead of being egotistical, I hope Martin will approach the situation by questioning why AK felt that way, fix discuss things with him. I hope he doesn't take it as the insult you're trying to make it pass as.

Old
08-22-2011, 04:10 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Oh now AK says "it's like" Martin doesn't care. By the start of training camp, he will have said that Martin "actually cares".

Old
08-22-2011, 07:24 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
You're right it isn't comparable.... Pacioretty said he preferred one coach over the other, that's pretty bad in its own right.
No he didn't.

Old
08-22-2011, 07:27 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Whre ? When ?

I never read or heard that before.

Pac wanted to play on a top-two lines in Hamilton instead of rotting on a bottom line or in the stands in Montreal.

That's what he said.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 07:31 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Whre ? When ?

I never read or heard that before.

Pac wanted to play on a top-two lines in Hamilton instead of rotting on a bottom line or in the stands in Montreal.

That's what he said.
And who was making him rot on a bottom line or sitting in the press box?

Jacques Martin.

The words are different but the context and the meaning behind the words of Max and Andrei are exactly the same. Neither of them have much faith in Jacques Martin's coaching style.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 07:35 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post

Jacques Martin.

The words are different but the context and the meaning behind the words of Max and Andrei are exactly the same. Neither of them have much faith in Jacques Martin's coaching style.
No.

MaxPac was really well aware thet he needed more seasoning at AHL level. he was willing to go back to Hamilton, learn more and play his best to eventually arrive better prepared at NHL level.

As for A.K."s remarks. Why bother ? Martin HATES lazy players.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 07:35 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Oh now AK says "it's like" Martin doesn't care. By the start of training camp, he will have said that Martin "actually cares".
Like I said before, you're putting too much importance on words. Words, need I remind you, that were translated from Russian to English.

You opt to assume this is word for word what he said. That's why I brought your very clear history regarding AK. You choose to believe what was TRANSLATED is exactly what he said, JM doesn't care. But when you actually put it in context, it's obvious that AK is expressing the feeling he had during the season after the discussions he attempted to have with Martin, according to him, went nowhere.
But really, even he did intend to say, Martin flat out doesn't care (about me), it's still being blown over by many fans.

By camp, who cares? It's another season.

Old
08-22-2011, 07:57 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:

Jacques Martin.

MaxPac started the 09/10 season on the first line ahead of Latendresse. Max was clearly not ready so they sent him to the bottom lines with occasional time at the top to see how is confidence was. When it became apparent he was simply not NHL ready they sent him down. When asked about it, he said it was probably better for him to get top ice time in Hamilton rather than stay in the press box in the NHL. This is not an indictment of the organization or anybody, as that it likely the exact same thing that Martin and Gainey told him when they sent him down.

Old
08-22-2011, 08:03 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:

Jacques Martin.

Now that's reading between the lines. I hate when my wife does that as she's wrong 99% of the time.

Pacioretty said that he'd rather play top 6 minutes (18-20 minutes) in Hamilton than playing on the bottom 6 (5-10 minutes) in Montreal, to regain his confidence and scoring touch... and he did!

Hi didn't hide behind "the coach doesn't like me" attitude. He put his freakin' head down, welcomed a demotion in order to work harder to prove Martin wrong! That's character!

Comparing AK and Pacioretty is insulting to Patch truthfully!

Remember when Carbo sent Lapierre down? He wasn't happy. But what did he say? I'll work my ass off to show that I deserve to be up. AK should take that attitude and instead of dissing his coach, he should work out like hell in the off-season, keep his mouth shut and prove him wrong!

Old
08-22-2011, 08:56 PM
One Trick Pony

Quote:
Now that's reading between the lines. I hate when my wife does that as she's wrong 99% of the time.

Pacioretty said that he'd rather play top 6 minutes (18-20 minutes) in Hamilton than playing on the bottom 6 (5-10 minutes) in Montreal, to regain his confidence and scoring touch... and he did!

Hi didn't hide behind "the coach doesn't like me" attitude. He put his freakin' head down, welcomed a demotion in order to work harder to prove Martin wrong! That's character!

Comparing AK and Pacioretty is insulting to Patch truthfully!

Remember when Carbo sent Lapierre down? He wasn't happy. But what did he say? I'll work my ass off to show that I deserve to be up. AK should take that attitude and instead of dissing his coach, he should work out like hell in the off-season, keep his mouth shut and prove him wrong!
But clearly AK is past that point where he needs to prove something. That's the whole point of his statement. He feels like he already proved like he could play top minutes, but he gets benched by JM for no reason.

Even if AK thinks too much of himself, JM has to explain to him why he is demoting him, because clearly in AK's mind he isn't being treated fairly. How does he prove JM wrong if he thinks he was doing just fine before getting demoted?

One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote