HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Andrei Kostitsyn Comments to Alexander Vankovich

Old
08-11-2011, 03:00 PM
Roulin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Is anyone else just sick and tired of this Kostitsyn business? Every season with baited breath, every season some good games... Who cares anymore, he got outplayed by Pacioretty ffs.
For a few games last season, a lot of players got outplayed by Pacioretty. If we got rid of all of them, we wouldn't have much of a team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Package him and get a good centreman in return.
If that deal were available, I'm sure the Habs would have pulled the trigger. Unfortunately, there is a shortage of good (I assume you mean good top 6) centers in the NHL right now.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 03:06 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddock View Post
Thomson and Thompson actually. You're thinking of baby oil again.
That's even worse.

What's with the 'again'?

Please quantify that... somehow.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 03:15 PM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
Big difference in the messages between MaxPac and AK.

Max essentially said that he feels he developing better in the AHL under Cunnyworth and the coaching staff and he thought for his own personal development it would be better to spend the season in the AHL playing quality minutes on the top line rather than 4th line minutes in the NHL.

Compare that to AK who basically said ,I don't care for the coach, it's his fault I was put on the 3rd line, but I need to play this season because my agent told me I had too.

You really think that is the same?
So it's okay if Pacioretty, who hasn't proven anything really at the NHL level, says he'd rather be in Hamilton than on a third line in the NHL but AK, who has actually experienced success, can't say he's not crazy about playing on the third line?

AK was hot in the beginning of the year and Martin took him away from Plekanec. I get the impression AK is confident with a fellow European like Plek who encouraged him. So AK found some success and JM rewarded him with a demotion. AK played confused hockey and I can see why.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 03:25 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
So it's okay if Pacioretty, who hasn't proven anything really at the NHL level, says he'd rather be in Hamilton than on a third line in the NHL but AK, who has actually experienced success, can't say he's not crazy about playing on the third line?

AK was hot in the beginning of the year and Martin took him away from Plekanec. I get the impression AK is confident with a fellow European like Plek who encouraged him. So AK found some success and JM rewarded him with a demotion. AK played confused hockey and I can see why.
I highly doubt putting AK with Gomez/Gionta was a demotion in JM eyes... if anything, AK was playing great and wanted to try helping the Gomez/Gionta duo...

where JM was wrong is in not understanding AK cant be a go-to guy, he clearly doesnt have the personnality for that, he's a follower...

had he (JM) understood that, instead of sending AK on 3rd/4th line after the AK/Gomez/Gionta experiment he would have put him back with Plek/Camm...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 03:27 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:

Please don't make excuses for AK... he's been the model of inconsistency his whole career in Montreal.

He's Kovalev 2.0, a ton of talent, but plays when he wants too.

And ya there is a difference IMO, one guy wanted to improve as a player and how he can be and asset to the team in the future the other guy doesn't want to be part of the future of this team.

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 03:29 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Please don't make excuses for AK... he's been the model of inconsistency his whole career in Montreal.

And ya there is a difference IMO, one guy wanted to improve as a player and how he can be and asset to the team in the future the other guy doesn't want to be part of the future of this team.
or maybe, maybe... he doesnt have as much talent as you think he does...

Old
08-11-2011, 03:32 PM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
I highly doubt putting AK with Gomez/Gionta was a demotion in JM eyes... if anything, AK was playing great and wanted to try helping the Gomez/Gionta duo...

where JM was wrong is in not understanding AK cant be a go-to guy, he clearly doesnt have the personnality for that, he's a follower...

had he (JM) understood that, instead of sending AK on 3rd/4th line after the AK/Gomez/Gionta experiment he would have put him back with Plek/Camm...
Agreed - that's just it - it was perceived that way by AK and quite frankly I'd bet most any player would have viewed it that way - I mean the choice of playing with either Gomez or Plekanec?

So in the end both Pacioretty and AK voiced opinions about the coach - maybe different words but nonetheless opinions about where they were slotted. One is heralded for it and AK is a whiner.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 03:32 PM
Stradale

Quote:

Didn't AK went to JM to ask him what he should do and where can he improved? And after that, he played much better. That's not a guy that want to improve? Oh yeah, you said IMO, the opinion of a guy that cant say a single good thing about AK.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 03:37 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Agreed - that's just it - it was perceived that way by AK and quite frankly I'd bet most any player would have viewed it that way - I mean the choice of playing with either Gomez or Plekanec?

So in the end both Pacioretty and AK voiced opinions about the coach - maybe different words but nonetheless opinions about where they were slotted. One is heralded for it and AK is a whiner.
mostly be people who think AK is so f***ing talented he's a 80 pts player who just happen to be too f***ing lazy to get the numbers... or something...

most will also tell everyone how inconsistent the lazy bum can be, probably thinking +/- 45 pts players should get a pt every other game or something...

Old
NewHabsEra*

Depressing..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
or maybe, maybe... he doesnt have as much talent as you think he does...
Yeah THAT too. Some people use that just to bash him more. They talk like AK is as good as Datsyuk, but because he's lazy and incosistent, he just a 20 goals scorer.

What are those super talents AK has? He has a good pair of hands, not great, has decent speed and a good shot. There are a tons of players like that.

But the haters like to pretend he's super talented 70 goals scorer that is too lazy to reach that point.

Apparently AK is so good that even if he plays 1 game out of 6, he still manages to score 20 goals and 45 pts. Imagine if he has the heart of a Gionta, he would destroy Gretzky's number.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 03:38 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Russian medias

Do not believe

McSorleyStick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 03:43 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Either Kostitsyn or Pacioretty will be upset about their playing minutes next year.

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 03:50 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

AK lost his touch with Pleky. Didn't work well with Gomer (big surprise) and found himself productive with Eller. He was put occasionally on the 4th line and sometimes benched after some gross giveaways midseason. I disagree with the benching but that **** stopped after we heard from insiders that he and mgmt talked about his future and everything was good. Then he consistently played with Eller or played top 6 when injuries started pouring near the end of the season.

I really wish Markov, the only wise experienced Russian player on the team, would talk to him and set him on the right track. We need that kind of leadership where we can get the most out of our players especially talented players like AK. People will keep saying he's a Kovalev, he's a lazy Russian, no heart and I disagree. AK has heart. I still remember when he broke his 10+ game cold streak last season and he looked like the happiest man in the world celebrating with his teammates.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 04:08 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Scoring depth is more important to this team than a Russian interview . You guys who think he will be trade before the beginning of the season are really funny

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 04:12 PM
HCH

Many of you whine about his inconsistency but give me a break... every guy in the league who scores 20 goals plays at least 62 games where he doesn't score.

His play away from the puck was better than many of the Montreal forwards last year including Cammalleri, Gomez and others. He back-checked, he took the body, he did a lot of little things right.

It has even become group-think on TSN. Kostitsyn has become their poster boy for inconsistency, when in reality he has been no more inconsistent than any other 20 goal scorer in the league. Unfortunately it causes everyone to focus on what he does poorly rather than what he does well.

My guess is that this is his last year in Montreal and that is too bad.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 04:21 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
Many of you whine about his inconsistency but give me a break... every guy in the league who scores 20 goals plays at least 62 games where he doesn't score.

His play away from the puck was better than many of the Montreal forwards last year including Cammalleri, Gomez and others. He back-checked, he took the body, he did a lot of little things right.

It has even become group-think on TSN. Kostitsyn has become their poster boy for inconsistency, when in reality he has been no more inconsistent than any other 20 goal scorer in the league. Unfortunately it causes everyone to focus on what he does poorly rather than what he does well.

My guess is that this is his last year in Montreal and that is too bad.
Eh.. Cammy stick-lifts and poke-checks like a mofo while being physically useless. I'd say their play away from the puck is equivalent.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 04:25 PM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Do you not remember how dominant AK/Plekanec/Cammalleri were, as a unit? They all clicked so well and consistenly put the puck in the net.

Last year, he came to play. The line had a few games that they weren't producing as much, and AK got the shaft and was sent down to the 3rd/4th line. He was tossed into the fire that was known as the second line, to help Gomez get his game on, and when that didn't work, he got the shaft again and was kept in the bottom 6.
And if you remember when AK was scoring at the start of the year, Martin's response to a journalist was well he's the last year of his contract what do you expect.

Anyway, it's obvious Martin misused AK but AK should have followed his agent's advice. Shut up and just play hockey.

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 04:28 PM
LeMAD

Kostitsyn is a non-factor. He will never make you win an important game. He's bringing secondary scoring and that's it. And with a pretty big cap hit.

It's not even a matter of consistency, but of playing well when it counts.

And you don't need a guy who whines about his playing time on your team if you hope to win the cup.

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 04:29 PM
Belso

It was starting to be a slow summer.. Let the Games Begin!!!

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 04:30 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
Kostitsyn is a non-factor. He will never make you win an important game. He's bringing secondary scoring and that's it. And with a pretty big cap hit.

And you don't need a guy who whines about his playing time on your team if you hope to win the cup.
I'm very happy about this turn of events actually. His $3.2m or whatever he got can be put to much better use. I don't care about regular season production. We need playoff players in here. His days are officially numbered.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 04:30 PM
shamrun

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post

Secondary scoring is what keeps in the habs in the playoffs spot. We rely on that because we dont have players that can score north of 80 points. Also when people talk abotu what cole can bring to the team at his cap hit the stats are comparable to what kost has brought to us.

shamrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 04:33 PM
DumFries

He was the first to sign a 1 year extension with the club. Why is he complaining now? Next year, the Habs will lose him to free agency anyways. I don't see him back personally. The Habs need his size and scoring touch for this season, they won't trade him till the trade deadline if it is. Then again, the Habs have been doing poorly in trades. This can bite the Habs in the rear once again.

DumFries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 04:36 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumFries View Post
He was the first to sign a 1 year extension with the club. Why is he complaining now? Next year, the Habs will lose him to free agency anyways. I don't see him back personally. The Habs need his size and scoring touch for this season, they won't trade him till the trade deadline if it is. Then again, the Habs have been doing poorly in trades. This can bite the Habs in the rear once again.
The habs need size and scoring touch...he has both of those things. LoL

I agree with him, he was playing well and they moved him off of Plekanecs line in order to get other players going. I don't think it's a given he's gone after this year at all either.

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 04:37 PM
Habs

Great news, maybe it will result in a trade.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote