HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Andrei Kostitsyn Comments to Alexander Vankovich

Old
08-11-2011, 04:39 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Great news, maybe it will result in a trade.
Andrei Kostitsyn is the most underappreciated hab there has ever been since I became a fan.

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 04:43 PM
Andy

I guess people hate Andrei more than they hate Martin....interesting.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 04:48 PM
PK76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less Habitats View Post
Andrei was always quiet and never complained, why the change.

Looks like he just booked his ticket out of town. His lack of consistency is not Martin's fault.
Well, when you start the season producing with your linemates to then be paired with a struggling center, it kinda is Martin's fault.

His comments are unnecessary at this time but it's not like he completely wrong. Very bad timing, though.

PK76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 04:49 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabzFanatik71 View Post
Well, when you start the season producing with your linemates to then be paired with a struggling center, it kinda is Martin's fault.

His comments are unnecessary at this time but it's not like he completely wrong. Very bad timing, though.
Ya i'm in the same boat as you Fanatik. I always wish guys would do stuff like this through the proper avenues.

Old
08-11-2011, 04:53 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
Kostitsyn is a non-factor. He will never make you win an important game. He's bringing secondary scoring and that's it. And with a pretty big cap hit.

It's not even a matter of consistency, but of playing well when it counts.

And you don't need a guy who whines about his playing time on your team if you hope to win the cup.
wich is the case for pretty much all our best forwards... that's the reality, most of our players, on a good team (offensively) would be 2nd liners at best : Gomez, Gionta, AK, Pacc, Camm, Cole, Eller, etc...

So yeah, he brings secondary scoring, but no more or no less than any of our other forwards not named Plekanec and Camm, including some who are making twice AK salary (or close)...

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 04:58 PM
Carey Chant

This is a ploy to be traded. He's looking to have a career year at the end of a contract and he won't have that happen on the 3rd/4th line in Montreal.

Mr. **** is actually under rated here. Look at some of the other guys we have traded away that showed some talent. (Sergi, Grabo, Fatty & Ribs ). This guy has way more skill and is only 26.

Also, the second you say something about the coach, management, especially in Montreal, you are gone. If we can trade Patrick Roy when he complains, Kostitsyn is going to the highest bidder asap (picks, prospects, someone with size/toughness.)

Carey Chant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 05:02 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Chant View Post
This is a ploy to be traded. He's looking to have a career year at the end of a contract and he won't have that happen on the 3rd/4th line in Montreal.

Mr. **** is actually under rated here. Look at some of the other guys we have traded away that showed some talent. (Sergi, Grabo, Fatty & Ribs ). This guy has way more skill and is only 26.

Also, the second you say something about the coach, management, especially in Montreal, you are gone. If we can trade Patrick Roy when he complains, Kostitsyn is going to the highest bidder asap (picks, prospects, someone with size/toughness.)
Not sure who Mr. 4 stars is but if you're talking about AK I totally agree.

AK shouldn't be looking at it as not being able to have a career year on the 3rd or 4th line...he should look at it as an opportunity to prove he deserves minutes over the other options. Rest assured, if his play warrants it he'll get some big minutes. I actually think the teams will roll 4 lines very evenly, and put out any number of different PP combos, depending on who is playing well that night.

Old
08-11-2011, 05:05 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
Andrei Kostitsyn is the most underappreciated hab there has ever been since I became a fan.
Well hey, don't get all the former Steve Begin, Gary Leeman and Brent Gilchrist fans all annoyed by saying so.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 05:22 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
Kostitsyn is a non-factor. He will never make you win an important game. He's bringing secondary scoring and that's it. And with a pretty big cap hit.

It's not even a matter of consistency, but of playing well when it counts.

And you don't need a guy who whines about his playing time on your team if you hope to win the cup.
What a bunch of bull crap.

First, 3.25m is not a high cap hit, especially for a guy that score overall 20 goals in his last 4 seasons.

Yes, AK provides secondary scoring and paid like one too. Don't tell me you didnt know that. He is a complimentary player.

He might not be the clutchest guy yet but he still lead our team in game winning goal and the team is 17-1-1 when AK scores last season.

So don't even try to make him look like a player that hasn't done anything for this team.

Never seen a non factor guy leadingh is team in game winners and hits.

Last edited by Stradale: 08-11-2011 at 05:29 PM.
Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 05:25 PM
BLONG7

Quote:

You could be on to something...hate to hear players going public, and whining to the media... 3.M isn't enough for him??? Looking to have a career year?

Or, has he been misquoted?

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 05:27 PM
One Trick Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post

First, 3.25m is not a high cap hit, especially for a guy that score overall 20 goals in his last 4 seasons.

Yes, AK provides secondary scoring and paid like one too. Don't tell me you didnt know that. He is a complimentary player.

He might not be the clutchest guy yet but he still need our team in goal winning goal and the team is 17-1-1 when AK scores.

So don't even try to make him look like a player that hasn't done anything for this team.

In before the "because he scores useless goals when the game is already out of reach for the other team".

One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 05:28 PM
WhiskeySeven
Keeps hot stuff hot

I just hate the drama that constantly surrounds him. I don't care how talented he "could be", he doesn't contribute enough to this hockey team to justify this ******** year-in-year-out and is clearly at odds with people in the backroom.

Cut the cord.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 05:30 PM
Carey Chant

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
Not sure who Mr. 4 stars is but if you're talking about AK I totally agree.
A part of the female anatomy located in Kostitsyn's name gets *** out.

Carey Chant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 05:32 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliash View Post
In before the "because he scores useless goals when the game is already out of reach for the other team".
And I will answer them that 30% of his goals last season are game winners . Leading his team again.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 05:36 PM
Miller Time

Quote:

that makes a lot of sense...

especially if you factor in his brother's experience. Moves away from Mtl and has a career year, goes from a borderline NHLer on a <1M contract, to a 2.5M RFA in one season.

For Kost, if he puts up 30g/60pts this year, he'd earn himself millons more on his first UFA deal, and in Montreal, with Martin, he's unlikely to put up more than the 20-50 he put up last year.

that's the difference btw a 3.5-4.5M/year deal and a 4.5-6M$ deal & @ 3-5 years, your talking about 5-10+ Million...

wouldn't necessarily be a bad move on his part... especially with several teams likely to be quick to answer the phone to add a player like him and give him a top-6 spot

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 05:42 PM
Ghetto Sangria
Groupthink

I wouldn`t trade Kostitsyn unless a big hitter were coming back. some players that come to mind with similar production (a little less) but hit more.

Brian Boyle
Bryan Bickell

Ghetto Sangria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 05:49 PM
VirginiaMtlExpat
Iggy button advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
that makes a lot of sense...

For Kost, if he puts up 30g/60pts this year, he'd earn himself millons more on his first UFA deal, and in Montreal, with Martin, he's unlikely to put up more than the 20-50 he put up last year.
It goes back to how I described Martin in another thread, who really is more concerned with the "now", or the most the "this season", rather than managing with a perspective to the future as well as now. The latter approach is the hallmark of successful managers of young teams, such as Arsene Wenger or Alex Ferguson in the Premier League, who mentor young players constantly. By contrast, Martin wants results now, and will make a point of reminding players who the boss is, with ice time: he uses the stick exclusively rather than combining the carrot and the stick.

Edit: by contrast, Tampa's coach is a master of the carrot approach: he emphasizes the psychology of the individual, and moulds 20 highly motivated individuals into a team.

It depends on how you value a coach: Martin gets a lot out of what he has, but the team he has is decimated in relation to the team with which he started out.

VirginiaMtlExpat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 05:53 PM
feds91

Russians are treaded like crap by the North American media and fans. They're always portrayed as being greedy, soft and lazy athletes who have no heart. It's friggen ridiculous.

feds91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 05:58 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post

He might not be the clutchest guy yet but he still lead our team in game winning goal and the team is 17-1-1 when AK scores last season.

Totally agree, AK is very underappreciated.

Old
08-11-2011, 06:14 PM
E = CH²

If Boucher had been our head coach last season there's no way in hell that you'd hear comments like these and AK would have had a MUCH MUCH better season.

Halak basicaly screwed us by being too good and making Martin look like a genius.

Oh, and yes it's stupid for players to complain in the medias, doesn't mean what they say isn't right though.

E = CH² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 06:15 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
If Boucher had been our head coach last season there's no way in hell that you'd hear comments like these and AK would have had a MUCH MUCH better season.

Halak basicaly screwed us by being too good and making Martin look like a genius.
We'll see about Boucher...I'm not convinced he's the next Scottie Bowman just yet. Lets see what Tampa does next year, they are a team I could see falling out of the playoffs.

Old
08-11-2011, 06:18 PM
E = CH²

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
So back to Kostitsyn, what I find insulting in your defense of him is that you automatically assume that those saying he's not the most dedicated player have an anti-russian bias. I'm sorry, but that's false. I think any objective person who knows hockey is able to see it : Kostitsyn is inconsistent, he sometimes lacks passion, his effort is sometimes questionnable and his dedication to the team doesn't seem to be there always.
Almost no players give consistent effort. Of them who played for the habs I can think of 3-4 (koivu, subban and gionta)

E = CH² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 06:19 PM
x74Pacioretty74x

What do you guys think will come back if he is traded?

x74Pacioretty74x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 06:26 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4life74 View Post
What do you guys think will come back if he is traded?
2nd round pick and a solid prospect sounds about right.

Old
08-11-2011, 06:36 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Find it hard to believe he would say this at this point in time. Anything is possible I guess but not the way to get on your coaches good side. If at all true about how little Martin cares it kind of reaffirms my belief he is not the coach we need.

beowulf is online now   Reply With Quote