HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Andrei Kostitsyn Comments to Alexander Vankovich

Old
08-11-2011, 06:50 PM
Max Levine

vCash: 500
Just last night, a co-worker mentioned how long this summer was with so few news about the Habs. Maybe he's also known as Vankovich?

I like AK but I'm surprised he's still here. No doubt in my mind he'd hit the 30-goals mark, maybe even 40, playing elsewhere. If he had spent the last couple years on a more offensive team, his value would be higher. I heard someone saying he's not worth a 2nd-round pick. Seriously undervalued.

As for AK's comments, no news there. It's obvious Martin doesn't like him.

Max Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 07:18 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
Totally agree, AK is very underappreciated.
Yeah, they pay him like a chump as well. The nerve of this team.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 07:18 PM
Darth Joker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Chant View Post
This is a ploy to be traded. He's looking to have a career year at the end of a contract and he won't have that happen on the 3rd/4th line in Montreal.
Bingo.

With us bringing in Cole, and with Patches likely playing the full year in Montreal this upcoming season, AKost's chances of getting on the Top 2 lines with any sort of regularity are pretty much gone.

At least last year Martin was more or less forced to use AKost there with some regularity because no winger after Gionta, Cammy, AKost, and Patches had any business being on the Top 2 lines (even then, Martin made facepalm-worthy attempts to turn Moen into a 2nd liner).

Now with Gionta, Cammy, Cole, and Patches on the team, Martin can bury AKost on the 3rd/4th lines, and it might even be justifiable.

I honestly can't blame AKost for wanting out, for the sake of his career.

It's unfortunate though, as I was looking forward to Eller-AKost-??? (probably Moen) as a really kickass third line...

Darth Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 07:22 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

One thing I know, if AK goes to another team and doesn't explode and score 30-40g, I'll eat a crow. I'm one of those people. Ribeiro proved me right though, so I can only hope we keep on to AK and he bounces back for us (and really, it's not a bouncing back, and about not bouncing him anymore through the lineup, and letting him gain confidence with ONE center, not 3).

Jack Bourdain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 07:25 PM
One Trick Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Joker View Post
Bingo.

With us bringing in Cole, and with Patches likely playing the full year in Montreal this upcoming season, AKost's chances of getting on the Top 2 lines with any sort of regularity are pretty much gone.

At least last year Martin was more or less forced to use AKost there with some regularity because no winger after Gionta, Cammy, AKost, and Patches had any business being on the Top 2 lines (even then, Martin made facepalm-worthy attempts to turn Moen into a 2nd liner).

Now with Gionta, Cammy, Cole, and Patches on the team, Martin can bury AKost on the 3rd/4th lines, and it might even be justifiable.

I honestly can't blame AKost for wanting out, for the sake of his career.

It's unfortunate though, as I was looking forward to Eller-AKost-??? (probably Moen) as a really kickass third line...
This would really suck. Why can't we ever have depth? Most teams that win the cup have all 3 lines that can produce, and the players don't appear to have a problem with that, of course.

One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 07:26 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Yeah, they pay him like a chump as well. The nerve of this team.
No, he's paid quite fairly for a guy who usually gets 20 goals and hits quite a bit too. Do you have an issue with his salary?

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 07:27 PM
One Trick Pony

Quote:
No, he's paid quite fairly for a guy who usually gets 20 goals and hits quite a bit too. Do you have an issue with his salary?
I think he's being sarcastic. If he has an issue with his salary it's because he is over payed.

Old
08-11-2011, 07:28 PM
FlyingRat

We have depth. Kostitsyn hasn't been traded, and no one will talk about this anymore in a week.

FlyingRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 07:30 PM
One Trick Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingRat View Post
We have depth. Kostitsyn hasn't been traded, and no one will talk about this anymore in a week.
Yeah JM will really be happy when he hears this.. If what Kosty is saying is true, JM will ignore him even more and play him on the 4th or bench him now.

Old
08-11-2011, 07:31 PM
Habs

Quote:
Yes I do have an issue paying a 20 goal guy, who doesn't fight, kill penalties, or be some form of a leader this kind of money. He's streaky, he will rarely turn a game around by himself, and is replaceable.

I don't think he'll ever take this team anywhere, I would rather spend the money on someone else. I don't feel he has any attachment to this team, or the fans, I like players that look like they give a damn on most nights.

My thoughts apply to more than him on this team btw.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 07:32 PM
Hank4Hart

The Canucks could use a sniper to play with Kesler.... What would be an adequent return for AK46?

Hank4Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 07:32 PM
One Trick Pony

Quote:
Yes I do have an issue paying a 20 goal guy, who doesn't fight, kill penalties, or be some form of a leader this kind of money. He's streaky, he will rarely turn a game around by himself, and is replaceable.

I don't think he'll ever take this team anywhere, I would rather spend the money on someone else. I don't feel he has any attachment to this team, or the fans, I like players that look like they give a damn on most nights.

We already have extra money to spend... what do you want more than a third liner that can pot 20??

Old
08-11-2011, 07:34 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank4Hart View Post
The Canucks could use a sniper to play with Kesler.... What would be an adequent return for AK46?
Nicklas Jensen one for one.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 07:37 PM
TheBuriedHab

What an idiot. I've been supporting him throughout this past season, but then he does something like this. Good god. Stupid players do stupid things I guess.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 07:44 PM
Craig71

Andrei K feels lost in Montreal, the coach hates him, the fans dont understand him, most of HF boards hates him. It is a nothing story in August, it will pass just like all the other crap.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 07:50 PM
E = CH²

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginiaMtlExpat View Post
It goes back to how I described Martin in another thread, who really is more concerned with the "now", or the most the "this season", rather than managing with a perspective to the future as well as now. The latter approach is the hallmark of successful managers of young teams, such as Arsene Wenger or Alex Ferguson in the Premier League, who mentor young players constantly. By contrast, Martin wants results now, and will make a point of reminding players who the boss is, with ice time: he uses the stick exclusively rather than combining the carrot and the stick.

Edit: by contrast, Tampa's coach is a master of the carrot approach: he emphasizes the psychology of the individual, and moulds 20 highly motivated individuals into a team.

It depends on how you value a coach: Martin gets a lot out of what he has, but the team he has is decimated in relation to the team with which he started out.
Posts like these renew my faith with the boards. Thank you.

E = CH² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 07:53 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKOTW View Post
Nicklas Jensen one for one.
I would love for this to happen. Doubt it though.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 07:54 PM
E = CH²

Quote:
We'll see about Boucher...I'm not convinced he's the next Scottie Bowman just yet. Lets see what Tampa does next year, they are a team I could see falling out of the playoffs.
He doesn't have to be the next Scotty Bowman. I don't necessarily demand the next Scotty Bowman. I want a coach that understands that it's a little bit about the future of the org and it's also about using players even if they don't fit your mold/system. I also want a coach that places a bit more importance on actual performances than on how many years a player has spent in the league (more than Martin anyway).

E = CH² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 07:56 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

vCash: 50
He's right that Martin has put him on 3rd & 4th line while he was producing lots of points on the 1st line just to accomodate some other guys that weren't working.

I would have been pissed too if I was him.

Hell , I'm pissed at Martin just by watching the games , can't imagine what it's like to play for him ( of course I would because of the NHL players dream and salary situation , but once I'm in the league I don't see why I shouldn't look for my best interest and be frustrated if a coach doesn't believe in me )

BenchBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 07:57 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:

Meh, I think KOstitsyn is definitely worth his 3.25 million dollar salary.

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 07:57 PM
elsubz

Guy Boucher would have done wonders with him

elsubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 07:58 PM
Riverside Habs Fan

Send a message via AIM to Riverside Habs Fan Send a message via MSN to Riverside Habs Fan
Ladies & Gentlemen we have the 2011-2012 Montreal Canadiens goat of the season before it has started.

Riverside Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 07:58 PM
BLONG7

The media will have a ball with this one, thanks AK, something to help pass the time in August...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 08:06 PM
Davebo
beep beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by feds91 View Post
Russians are treaded like crap by the North American media and fans. They're always portrayed as being greedy, soft and lazy athletes who have no heart. It's friggen ridiculous.
Heads up, bud. The media in question was Belorussian or Russian.

And Andre is portraying himself, isn't he?

Davebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 08:09 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
It's funny because comments like these were common place for many of the Habs greats that composed our Dynasties.

There were more then a few occasions where Canadiens players trashed their coaches in public. Got them fired. This is nothing new. However, there was never much of a problem with someone like Toe Blake who got the most out of his players.

You can side with one or the other. The truth is, Martin is not doing his job as coach. If Andrei isn't feeling heard, then Martin isn't hearing him or isn't communicating properly. Every individual responds to different things. Jacques is not handling Andrei properly and if he wants to win, then he will adjust his approach with Andrei or lose a talented player.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote