HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Andrei Kostitsyn

Old
08-11-2011, 03:45 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

vCash: 500
I don't see any drama about this. Surely Martin knew that AK wasn't particularly gruntled about his utilization last year. A gruntled AK is a 25/25 guy, probably. A disgruntled one is still probably 20/20. Disgruntling AK is part of the tactics used to try to get him producing better and more consistently, so I doubt Martin minds too much if his tactic of disgruntling AK actually produces a successfully disgruntled AK. AK isn't a drama queen. He probably never imagined some offhand comments made overseas would be made public here. I doubt he follows it up with anything except mild embarrassment and more of his usual stony silences. Nothing more comes of it.

Habs can't afford to trade AK now, he's a valuable player and there's not anybody better to replace him with. Other teams also can't have much motivation to trade for him, given that he has high value to the Habs... yet he's going to be UFA in the summer. Wait a bit. His value to the Habs is only likely to come down as that UFAdom approaches... that or you'll just be able to sign him for nothing but $$$ next summer.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 03:49 PM
KlattNazty

Maybe look at something around an oshie for kostitsyn swap?

KlattNazty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 03:50 PM
tbone10

AK has been a 25-25 player once in his career, 4 years ago. We know what his production is like, we know his attitude, he brings more negative than positive for the skills and attributes he has. His play generally holds back our progress, might as well trade him, get what we can. If anything, we need to add size and grit to our 3rd line, AK doesn't bring that, or should I say doesn't use often enough what he has, and i'd rather get a real 3rd liner with less talent but who will bring size, hard work and sandpaper on a game to game basis.

tbone10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 03:52 PM
bobbyt91
plz quote cuz bored

I think A.K's value has now dropped. Teams now know that he wants out and that MTL will probably want to trade him. Plus who knows if he will have problems with other coaches but this doesn't look to good for him -->"It wasn't me who started to play badly," Kostitsyn explained to Goals.by. "It's just that I was being put into (the) third and fourth line...I've tried talking to (Jacques Martin) more than once. But he doesn't care." Here is the link http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=373617

bobbyt91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 03:54 PM
neofury*

He isn't the sharpest tool in the shed but I don't think we should trade him.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 03:56 PM
LMFAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Hotel View Post
Montreal

Kostitsyn
Kristo
early pick

for

Winnipeg

Bogosian
Cormier

Kostitsyn and Bogosian each having troubles with their clubs right now. Bogosian not so much, but they have not inched closer to an agreement. New starts and helps both teams.

LMFAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 03:58 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyt911 View Post
I think A.K's value has now dropped. Teams now know that he wants out and that MTL will probably want to trade him. Plus who knows if he will have problems with other coaches but this doesn't look to good for him -->"It wasn't me who started to play badly," Kostitsyn explained to Goals.by. "It's just that I was being put into (the) third and fourth line...I've tried talking to (Jacques Martin) more than once. But he doesn't care." Here is the link http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=373617
Do you actually know the situation though? Let me break it down for you:

1) Kostitsyn goes on fire and is consistent for a fair amount of time, much more than he's been known to be in the past.

2) Kostitsyn gets put on Gomez line to spark some offense out of Gomez who had been having a terrible year. For several games neither produce just like anyone else (Gionta inclusive) who had been put there.

3) Rather than putting Kostitsyn back where he was on fire and consistent he demotes him to the 3rd line to play with a rookie center and 4th liner. Hardly ideal for a guy to put up points with that.

So while he's a whiner and should have shut his mouth the team is to blame here. The guy finally breaks out and it's like our coach is trying to ruin him. Don't get me wrong though, when he got put on the third line he actually played damn well with Eller. Both made each other look good.

Problem is after playing well he never got a real shot on the top lines again after. I like JM and Andrei I'm actually a big fan of both but this is one area where I can say JM has a weakness. Player communication. Andrei might be a dumb ass for squealing but what he said happened is exactly what did happen. He didn't deserve the first demotion and the second demotion was silly, he should have at least been given a chance to play on the line he's played well on all along.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 03:59 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by one2gamble View Post
but if he doesnt want to be there, do you think hes a 25/25 player?
Exactly!

He barely shows up in one out four games now, image how many games he's going to show up at this year because his agent "advised him to play"

With that said..AK for Blake Gefferion?

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 04:00 PM
bobbyt91
plz quote cuz bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone10 View Post
AK has been a 25-25 player once in his career, 4 years ago. We know what his production is like, we know his attitude, he brings more negative than positive for the skills and attributes he has. His play generally holds back our progress, might as well trade him, get what we can. If anything, we need to add size and grit to our 3rd line, AK doesn't bring that, or should I say doesn't use often enough what he has, and i'd rather get a real 3rd liner with less talent but who will bring size, hard work and sandpaper on a game to game basis.
Maybe Armstrong for A.K. but Army is loved in the Leaf room tho and it would probably hurt the teams moral to have him go, but if A.K pulls a Nsh S.K then sweet. Also if Lombardi is healthy move him to the wing and see how his game is, if he is happy in a puck retrieval set up role then have him wing for A.K. If Kadri finds his form the Leafs could have a pretty high scoring 3rd line with Kadri-A.K-Lombardi. Also Armstrong would bring some nice grit to the habs which they need.

Old
08-11-2011, 04:01 PM
jonnybullit4390

The problem is that Martin have push is luck by putting him on the fourth line ... I think that if he would play a 3 line system and giving less ice time to pleky instead of playing 25min put your 3line a 18min and drop your first at 20min and your in business !! That what Boston did so did Tampa and Vancouver !! You need a good third line that can score !! I'm pretty sure that if you tell Ak and you tell him that is line(3line) will be a offensive line and play 18min a game I'm pretty he will not be piss off and he will play like a stud!! My playing line time would be
1 line :20min
2line : 18min
3 line : 16-18min
4line : 4-6min

jonnybullit4390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
honest question, how is Ak's skating? I dont get to watch a lot of Montreal games.
He is a tremendous skater and along with Pacioretty the most physical of our skilled forwards.

Like others have said, his problem is his consistency. Otherwise he has everything to succeed. Big, strong, fast, great shot, passing ability, solid vision and hockey sense, etc. Of course he is not very good defensively but what can you do... when he is on he can pull some nice defensive poke checks though.

#57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 04:04 PM
jonnybullit4390

I would pass big time on armstrom specially not at Ak price !!

jonnybullit4390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 04:08 PM
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go

Quote:
honest question, how is Ak's skating? I dont get to watch a lot of Montreal games.
he is not super fast but he has good strong power strides. He is faster then Heatley

canadiensnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 04:09 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by #57 View Post
He is a tremendous skater and along with Pacioretty the most physical of our skilled forwards.

Like others have said, his problem is his consistency. Otherwise he has everything to succeed. Big, strong, fast, great shot, passing ability, solid vision and hockey sense, etc. Of course he is not very good defensively but what can you do... when he is on he can pull some nice defensive poke checks though.
If he is a good skater (which we need) then I think the Sharks would interested. We also seem to like to take on problem cases. Given the risk of him running to Nashville to join is brother though, we would probably consider it a rental.

Ferriero and a 2nd maybe? Interest in defensive prospects?

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 04:09 PM
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Maybe Armstrong for A.K. but Army is loved in the Leaf room tho and it would probably hurt the teams moral to have him go, but if A.K pulls a Nsh S.K then sweet. Also if Lombardi is healthy move him to the wing and see how his game is, if he is happy in a puck retrieval set up role then have him wing for A.K. If Kadri finds his form the Leafs could have a pretty high scoring 3rd line with Kadri-A.K-Lombardi. Also Armstrong would bring some nice grit to the habs which they need.
Armstrong sucks he is injury prone and he just plain sucks. i wouldn't even want him for a 7th we could probably draft the next Zetteberg instead.

canadiensnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 04:14 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
once again habs seem to have a disgruntled young player on their hands. From outside it's looked like coach Martin wasn't a big fan, and now russian media interview makes it pretty clear that the player/coach do not get along well.

any serious offers from teams looking for a solid top-6 winger? Much like his brother, I suspect A.Kost will immediately bump up his (already solid) production once moved to a team where he is used properly.

Habs would be looking for solid top-9 player(more physical the better) in return and/or Fwd/G prospect(s).
No he isn't. He would've acted like a **** like his brother if he wanted out. I'm not saying he'll sign with us in his UFA years, but he's not "disgruntled" or anything. He has a role on the team and he does it well. End of.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 04:16 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
No he isn't. He would've acted like a **** like his brother if he wanted out. I'm not saying he'll sign with us in his UFA years, but he's not "disgruntled" or anything. He has a role on the team and he does it well. End of.
He is clearly disgruntled. He doesn't like his coach, and he doesn't like his role on the team, that is disgruntled. He was not however doing what his brother did and making it public, until now.

Name the last time a player did this and was still on the team the following season? The list is pretty short.

Old
08-11-2011, 04:19 PM
bobbyt91
plz quote cuz bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiensnation View Post
Armstrong sucks he is injury prone and he just plain sucks. i wouldn't even want him for a 7th we could probably draft the next Zetteberg instead.
Well the guy would give the Habs some MUCH needed sandpaper and point wise he isn't majorly far behind A.K. Considering what he brings to the Habs Armstrong is a nice fit. And to the Leafs A.K is a nice option behind Connolly and Grabovski. He would still be 3rd line on the Leafs but a more offensive 3rd line with any combination of Kadri,A.K,Lombardi, Colborne, Frattin and Bozak. They could even move A.K to the wing if Bozak, Lombardi, Kadri or Colborne are playing better C.

Old
08-11-2011, 04:19 PM
Erza Scarlet
following the mantle

I think he can be a better player on another team. Montreal players usually can't realize their potential in Montreal aside from those who had good character in them to start with like Subban.

Erza Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 04:24 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
He is clearly disgruntled. He doesn't like his coach, and he doesn't like his role on the team, that is disgruntled. He was not however doing what his brother did and making it public, until now.

Name the last time a player did this and was still on the team the following season? The list is pretty short.
WTF are you on about? AK is fine. He talked with management mid to late last season when he was in good old Martin's doghouse again. After that, he was just fine. Played 3rd line with Eller with whom he had great chemistry, 2nd PP wave and he kept on hitting like a tank. He was even decent defensively if you can believe that.

Old
08-11-2011, 04:27 PM
Prairie Habs

Quote:
Well the guy would give the Habs some MUCH needed sandpaper and point wise he isn't majorly far behind A.K. Considering what he brings to the Habs Armstrong is a nice fit. And to the Leafs A.K is a nice option behind Connolly and Grabovski. He would still be 3rd line on the Leafs but a more offensive 3rd line with any combination of Kadri,A.K,Lombardi, Colborne, Frattin and Bozak. They could even move A.K to the wing if Bozak, Lombardi, Kadri or Colborne are playing better C.
That would be ideal considering that is where he has played his entire career...

Prairie Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 04:31 PM
bobbyt91
plz quote cuz bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
That would be ideal considering that is where he has played his entire career...
Yea brain fart Eller is the center I knew that

Old
08-11-2011, 04:34 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
AK for Frattin

Old
08-11-2011, 04:38 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
WTF are you on about? AK is fine. He talked with management mid to late last season when he was in good old Martin's doghouse again. After that, he was just fine. Played 3rd line with Eller with whom he had great chemistry, 2nd PP wave and he kept on hitting like a tank. He was even decent defensively if you can believe that.
Alright man, i'm not going to argue with you. As an outside, unbiased, observer I read what the man just said and I am telling you it sounds like a very unhappy player who just made his unhappiness public. Obviously every situation is unique, but when a player makes his unhappiness with his own team public, it's usually only a matter of time before he is moved.

I honestly can't think of a player that went public with his dissatisfaction with a team and remained on the team for more than another 6 months. Souray is the closest and he was waived because no one wanted any part of him.

Will he play out his contract? Of course he will. He only has one year left and then he's gone. Will the team want to retain a player that doesn't want to be there and is almost guaranteed to leave for free agency after this season? History would tell you no. They'll make the best of the situation and get a decent return for the guy and move on.

That's all I'm saying on the matter. I won't argue with you further.

Old
08-11-2011, 04:47 PM
bobbyt91
plz quote cuz bored

Quote:
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=373617 So A.K appears to be all sunshine and rainbows-double rainbow happy right. Any how Army for A.K works for both but not sure if Burke would give up Army considering he is the mold of a Burke type player, can hit, forecheck and put in 20 goals