HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Vancouver public appearance with Milan Lucic and the Stanley Cup cancelled

Closed Thread

Old
08-11-2011, 12:34 PM
Jay Cee
P4G

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by unifiedtheory View Post
Every single Bruin fan in the Greater Vancouver area cares. I'm sure Looch would have loved to have shared the Cup with the Bruin fans in his home town as well.
You have no idea if he did or not. Maybe he felt like he had to an took am excuse to easily cancel? We have no idea...

I know if it were me I wouldn't be having any type of stupid public celebration or parade if I won a significant sports award...

Old
chopkins
Super Bowl Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupremefartMachine View Post
It's also on the Bruins board, and not locked. I guess Canucks fans couldn't even handle the article among themselves without any outside interference.
Besides a couple Bruins fans coming in and throwing around insults (which will be tenfold here), yep, no outside interference.

Old
Drunken Crunker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupremefartMachine View Post
It's also on the Bruins board, and not locked. I guess Canucks fans couldn't even handle the article among themselves without any outside interference.
http://http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=966501

??????????

(It was actually locked on your board first)

Old
yapperface
#EmbraceTheHate

Was there actually an incident or some threats or did this just get cancelled pre-emptively?

EDIT: The only people who are trolling in this thread are "how else are people in Vancouver/BC going to see the cup? LOLOLOLOL"

Answer: When the Canucks win it, and when a BC boy wins it and brings it home literally every other time besides this one.

I've seen the cup twice in person. Once at the hockey hall, and once when Rod Brind'Amour brought it to my hometown.

Old
08-11-2011, 12:36 PM
Jay Cee
P4G

If anyone ever thought that hockey fans are these macho, jock types they should come to hf boards.

So easily offended and sensitive.

Old
08-11-2011, 12:36 PM
Gonzothe7thDman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drunken Crunker View Post
Come on now. I think the OP posted this for purely for trolling purposes; considering how it had already been posted on your board (only to be locked shortly after), and then on the Canucks board (where it was later locked as well). The motive here seems rather obvious to me. If I'm wrong I apologize, but right now I'm not buying it.
Agreed, and the OP has been known to create "controversial" threads in the past.

Old
08-11-2011, 12:37 PM
Biggest Canuck Fan

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Biggest Canuck Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanchion for MVP View Post
Got locked on the Canucks board so you post it here?

Pretty clear what you're trying to do.
Bingo! How far can the Mods toleration for this go?

Old
08-11-2011, 12:39 PM
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

This thread is way too easy to troll. I will respectfully decline and wait for a more challenging opportunity.

Old
08-11-2011, 12:39 PM
ronnyweed

Quote:
There's absolutely no reason to post this besides to villainize (is that a word) Canucks fans. He posted this yesterday on the Bruins/Canucks boards only to see one of them get locked. Now that the Nucks board is out of the question, might as well try out the main boards, right?

If this isn't a troll thread now, it will be in 10 minutes.
This is the first I have heard of this story and I find this thread quite informative

this does not do much to help convince others that the riots were all non vancouver residents and it was alcohol and "in the moment" emotions that caused all the problems.

Its august, let the guy give back to the community. I bet the kids/families who could have seen the cup are all very happy that now they will have to fly to toronto to visit the HHOF

Old
08-11-2011, 12:41 PM
SupremefartMachine

Quote:
Besides a couple Bruins fans coming in and throwing around insults (which will be tenfold here), yep, no outside interference.
Oops! Bad assumption by me. I wouldn't know, I didn't read it on either board.

Old
08-11-2011, 12:41 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by yapperface View Post
Was there actually an incident or some threats or did this just get cancelled pre-emptively?

"Posters of the East Van skater dressed in his Boston Bruins gold and black were reportedly defaced outside a cultural community centre. His eyes were poked out. His face scribbled on."

Those AWFUL Vancouver fans...

Old
08-11-2011, 12:43 PM
yapperface
#EmbraceTheHate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberSoul View Post
"Posters of the East Van skater dressed in his Boston Bruins gold and black were reportedly defaced outside a cultural community centre. His eyes were poked out. His face scribbled on."

Oh come on, we have to be allowed to do SOMETHING.

Old
08-11-2011, 12:43 PM
Asher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon View Post
Anyone think that if a Boston-born player won the World Series with the Yankees and then staged an event in Boston to celebrate it, that it would go over well?
Carolina won in '06 with a few players from the EDM area, including MVP Cam Ward. He brought the Cup back to town to celebrate. As far as I know, he was treated well.

Old
08-11-2011, 12:45 PM
Biggest Canuck Fan

Quote:

Remember, ALL Vancouver fans, you me... all of us. We were all in on this. Everytime something happens it means we were all in on it!

As for the original article, like I said on the thread in the Vancouver board... Lucic should have the right to celebrate with the Cup! He earned it, he deserves it. A few bitter fans should be called out for what THEY are.

But it is clear the OP is trying to paint the entire fanbase with the same brush, and most posters here are all too willing to oblige.

Old
amit916

This sucks...maybe they should have it that only people sporting Bruins jerseys can get in...

Unfortunately thanks to some sore losers, the rest of those who were waiting (fans of Lucic and not family members) for him to bring the Cup to Vancouver won't be able to see it.

Old
Bill McNeal

So, some posters got doodled on and a couple of guys punched each other.

Lucic has every right to celebrate the Cup how he wants, whether it be very publicly or in private, but this doesn't seem like a legitimate concern that should cause him to alter his plans. But if that's what he wants to do, it's his day. Maybe he feels better safe than sorry.

Old
08-11-2011, 12:46 PM
Vomiting Kermit*

They gotta close all roads from Surrey to Vancouver.

Last edited by Vomiting Kermit*: 08-11-2011 at 12:54 PM.
Old
08-11-2011, 12:47 PM
yapperface
#EmbraceTheHate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher View Post
Carolina won in '06 with a few players from the EDM area, including MVP Cam Ward. He brought the Cup back to town to celebrate. As far as I know, he was treated well.
Difference was, Carolina won the cup fair and square.

Okay, fine.

Old
08-11-2011, 12:48 PM
salty justice

Quote:
There's absolutely no reason to post this besides to villainize (is that a word) Canucks fans. He posted this yesterday on the Bruins/Canucks boards only to see one of them get locked. Now that the Nucks board is out of the question, might as well try out the main boards, right?

If this isn't a troll thread now, it will be in 10 minutes.
How come every time a negative story comes out of Vancouver there is "never a reason to post" it? That rule doesn't apply to any other team on these boards.

Seeing as how I don't read through the Vancouver or Boston boards I wouldn't have known about this and it is an NHL related story so it sounds appropriate to me.

How many threads did we see about the Pat Kane cabby story? What came out of that other than a villainizing of Kane? I didn't like reading about it, but it was a newsworthy story that had every business being posted on the main board.

Old
08-11-2011, 12:50 PM
stug*

Who cares? Lucic should be smart enough to see that celebrating like that would start problems.

Old
08-11-2011, 12:52 PM
Biggest Canuck Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by salty justice View Post
How come every time a negative story comes out of Vancouver there is "never a reason to post" it? That rule doesn't apply to any other team on these boards.

Seeing as how I don't read through the Vancouver or Boston boards I wouldn't have known about this and it is an NHL related story so it sounds appropriate to me.

How many threads did we see about the Pat Kane cabby story? What came out of that other than a villainizing of Kane? I didn't like reading about it, but it was a newsworthy story that had every business being posted on the main board.
The Canucks fans didn't puch Lucic like Kane Punched the Cab driver.

There is a remarkably stark contrast here. For you to even compare the 2 is asinine in of itself.

Someone defaces a poster = Punching a Cab driver

Anyways, a thread started there 2 have already been closed on the exact same topic...

Old
08-11-2011, 12:52 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hall4 View Post
They gotta close all roads from Surrey to Vancouver.
BINGO! /thread

It was interesting to check out Craigslist after the riot to see how many things were being sold from Surrey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher View Post
Edmonton has won a few cups before.... we haven't. Not saying its an excuse but they are different situations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggest Canuck Fan View Post
Remember, ALL Vancouver fans, you me... all of us. We were all in on this. Everytime something happens it means we were all in on it!
Are we still on for the secret Canuck Fan meeting where we are going to discuss hurting innocent puppies?

Old
08-11-2011, 12:54 PM
Mully

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McNeal View Post
So, some posters got doodled on and a couple of guys punched each other.

Lucic has every right to celebrate the Cup how he wants, whether it be very publicly or in private, but this doesn't seem like a legitimate concern that should cause him to alter his plans. But if that's what he wants to do, it's his day. Maybe he feels better safe than sorry.
I'd say your spot on there.

The poster doodle and a few rowdy fans punching each other probably isn't a reason to worry, but there was that huge riot a few months ago, so that changes peoples perception of what might happen.

I feel bad for the majority of fans in Vancouver who would have enjoyed seeing the cup. Especially the little kids, most of who probably could care less who Lucic is, and just want to see the Stanley Cup in person.

Old
08-11-2011, 12:55 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by salty justice View Post

I agree that it deserves to be on the main boards. I just wish we could all at least act like adults here. There is no need for comments from certain posters like "what a shocker" or "how else will they see the Cup?", but I believe it was the third post in which a Canuck fan preemptively brought up how this was going to be nothing but a troll thread. Both sides are to blame. One side adds nothing to the conversation except "wait for the trolls" and the other side does nothing but provide them with what they are asking for.

This is definitely worthy of being discussed, though. A public appearance with the Cup has to be cancelled because some "fans" are being little babies still? Not the most riveting story, but it's certainly better than another "Who's Better? Crosby now or X in his prime?" thread.

Old
08-11-2011, 12:55 PM
yapperface
#EmbraceTheHate

Quote:
Are we still on for the secret Canuck Fan meeting where we are going to discuss hurting innocent puppies?
I think we need to take the conspiracy theories to a NEW LEVEL this year! I'll bring the hats.

Closed Thread