HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Weber + Kostitsyn Package (MTL)

Old
08-12-2011, 12:32 PM
JJM777

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight View Post
Markov - Yemelin
Subban - Gill
Spacek - Gorges
Weber?

Lack of a lineup spot for him, mainly. He's a good player and he had a good playoffs, but there's a ton of D-Men competing with him for ice time. Veterans like Spacek and Gill likely won't sit over him.
Ok was just wondering. Thanks

JJM777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2011, 12:34 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJM777 View Post
Ok was just wondering. Thanks
Yeah, Martin won't dare bench Spacek.

Not too mention the habs signe Diaz, who, according to some swiss fans say he's better than Weber.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2011, 12:36 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Exactly, right now Kostitsyn value isn't very good, scored 20 goals pretty much playing 3rd line minutes and not much pp time. 1 year contract I'd see what he can do a last time before moving him

With Spacek and possibly Gill also leaving next off season, I wouldn't move Weber who is very close of being a full timer in the league right now.
He was 4th in forwards for TOI total, 5th in PP TOI. Not totally sure what you mean by third line minutes and not much PP time...

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2011, 12:39 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Exactly, right now Kostitsyn value isn't very good, scored 20 goals pretty much playing 3rd line minutes and not much pp time. 1 year contract I'd see what he can do a last time before moving him

With Spacek and possibly Gill also leaving next off season, I wouldn't move Weber who is very close of being a full timer in the league right now.
He was 4th in forward TOI for Montreal, and 5th in PP TOI. Not too sure what you mean by playing 3rd line minutes and not much PP time. He was playing top 6 minutes and had his share of PP time too...

Old
08-12-2011, 01:19 PM
Playmaker09
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
He was 4th in forward TOI for Montreal, and 5th in PP TOI. Not too sure what you mean by playing 3rd line minutes and not much PP time. He was playing top 6 minutes and had his share of PP time too...
He was 6th in both TOI/G and PP TOI/G, largely due a lack of options as well as injuries. With a healthy lineup Desharnais had begun to replace him on the PP and Martin had this genius idea of playing Halpern on the first line at ES for a while.

Playmaker09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2011, 02:33 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmaker09 View Post
He was 6th in both TOI/G and PP TOI/G, largely due a lack of options as well as injuries. With a healthy lineup Desharnais had begun to replace him on the PP and Martin had this genius idea of playing Halpern on the first line at ES for a while.
Total TOI not TOI/Game should be the stat used when referencing goal totals or point production for the year, if you were talking about PPG or GPG the stat should then be TOI/Game.

Old
08-12-2011, 03:23 PM
palindrom

maybe you could change the title of this thread
I sincerely thought at first it was a thread about Shea and Sergei

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2011, 09:13 PM
Maxpac

How about Andrei Kostitsyn and Yannick weber for Tangradi and Engelland?

Pens get the best player, who would surely get minimum 30 goals with Crosby or Malkin. Weber and Letang could be absolute dynamite on the pp. Habs get a big skilled winger prospect who was once Subban's teammate and they get waayyy tougher on D.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2011, 09:32 PM
Lions999

Everyone puts Gill with Subban but i would rather have Gill on the third pairing.If Gorges stays healthy i think he would be a better fit than Gill.Gorges is a better D all around then Gill.He`s faster,makes a good first pass,better 5 on 5, more aggressive and is also a good leader and teammate.He also would be a good mentor for Subban.What do you guys think about it....

Lions999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2011, 10:33 PM
larrypacman8167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions999 View Post
Everyone puts Gill with Subban but i would rather have Gill on the third pairing.If Gorges stays healthy i think he would be a better fit than Gill.Gorges is a better D all around then Gill.He`s faster,makes a good first pass,better 5 on 5, more aggressive and is also a good leader and teammate.He also would be a good mentor for Subban.What do you guys think about it....
you're right i can't see Gill a whole season along Subban he just can't follow him for 82 games, Gorges is more suited for that role........and Gill can still mentor him even if he doesnt play on the same line

79-Emelin
26-76
75-68 extra Spacek

larrypacman8167 is offline   Reply With Quote