HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Young star forward to Detroit

Old
08-13-2011, 02:48 PM
Aquiace
The Goggles!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeChris View Post

Datsyuk
Flippula
Hudler
Cleary
Det 1st

Taveres
Strome
Neiderreiter
Nyi 7th
When did Milbury replace Holland?

Aquiace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2011, 05:56 PM
DangleDangleBeach

wings have so many great prospects that a trade for a "young star" is extremely unnecessary.

tatar projects to be a top 6 sniper, mursak is said to have top 6 potential, nyquist is a very good 2way player, pulkinnen projects as a 1st or 2nd line sniper, sheahan projects to be a 1st or 2nd line power forward, janrkrok according to hockeysfuture.com is said to be a potential 2nd line scoring threat, nestrasil projects to be a top 6 forward, landon ferraro projects to be a 1st or 2nd line sniper, emmerton projects to be a third liner with 2nd liner potential, jurco is said to be a dynamic scoring threat.... want me to keep going? theres more!

this is all straight from hockeysfuture.com... wings are loaded with young talent that you will see in the next few years. some of these kids will never make it yes, but with the wings making the playoffs for the last 20 years and not having very many top 10 or even top 20 picks, they still seem to do a very good job of finding talented prospects with potential to play in the big league.

advice to you... be patient. as zberg and dats get older, kids like pulkinnen, nyquist, jurco, ferraro etc will begin to get the chance to show their stuff. just because the wings dont bring prospects in at 18 like other teams do, doesnt mean we dont have just as good of a crop "waiting in the wings". check it out for youself

DangleDangleBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2011, 06:46 PM
King In The North
Sean Bennett

In the past 12 years Detroit has had 7 instances in which they had no 1st round draft picks. A good chunk of their core was drafted from this year. With a good pool as it is, they really don't need to trade their way to a better future.

King In The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 12:58 AM
Probie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangleDangleBeach View Post
wings have so many great prospects that a trade for a "young star" is extremely unnecessary.

tatar projects to be a top 6 sniper, mursak is said to have top 6 potential, nyquist is a very good 2way player, pulkinnen projects as a 1st or 2nd line sniper, sheahan projects to be a 1st or 2nd line power forward, janrkrok according to hockeysfuture.com is said to be a potential 2nd line scoring threat, nestrasil projects to be a top 6 forward, landon ferraro projects to be a 1st or 2nd line sniper, emmerton projects to be a third liner with 2nd liner potential, jurco is said to be a dynamic scoring threat.... want me to keep going? theres more!

this is all straight from hockeysfuture.com... wings are loaded with young talent that you will see in the next few years. some of these kids will never make it yes, but with the wings making the playoffs for the last 20 years and not having very many top 10 or even top 20 picks, they still seem to do a very good job of finding talented prospects with potential to play in the big league.

advice to you... be patient. as zberg and dats get older, kids like pulkinnen, nyquist, jurco, ferraro etc will begin to get the chance to show their stuff. just because the wings dont bring prospects in at 18 like other teams do, doesnt mean we dont have just as good of a crop "waiting in the wings". check it out for youself
mursac hasnt even put up that great of numbers in the ahl although i still like his speed and hands, he MAY have top 6 potential, but more likely will be a third line player. I disagree about Ferraro, he has regressed and has had numerous injuries since being drafted, his stock has fallen. Not first line potential, and when he was drafted he was seen as a complementary 2nd liner. Sheehan doesn't have 1st line potential, his offensive game is lacking, but may have improved slightly. Not trying to be a dick, I agree we have some good players coming up, but a few of those guys you mentioned have been overated y yourself a bit. I'm still excited about our future. I think the draft of 2010 looks like a great one for the wings. Jarnkrock still needs to transform physically, hes much too skinny but he has a great skill set. Pulkster already seemed to fill out, so only his skating IMO and perhaps defensive game could hold him back. I really hope those two make it because if they do, watch out.

Probie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 02:37 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franzening Frank View Post
How about trading for a younger one, say Milan Lucic for anyone except defensive prospects? No one's off the table.
you should realy check your prospect pool. Especially a player by the name of Teemu Pulkkinnen.

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 02:45 AM
Swagelin
aka Bienvenue a ny

Young stars from NYR: Stepan and Kreider
Det would probably have to overpay for them though

Swagelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 03:02 AM
Kingler

Quote:
If this is the case then no team would ever need to trade for anyone as we all have a few of those prospects that are projected as first line forward, top pairing defenseman, and #1 goalie. But turning those "potential" into reality is always a doozy...I would even venture to say that of the prospects mentioned about, most of them won't even become established NHL players at any lines (1-4)

Kingler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 03:16 AM
Zim

Quote:

A young NHL star forward is always going to be more valuable than pretty much any prospect you care to mention. For example, there's is very little chance the respective GMs would consider trading Ryan, Stamkos, Kane for any of the consensus top-5 prospects. Proven talent will always trump potential.

Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 07:40 AM
Zetterberg4Captain

detroits biggest and most pressing need isnt a top 6 forward its a young top 2 dman,

all of our, holands, efforts should be on addressing that need and nothing more.

Zetterberg4Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 10:11 AM
r0bert8841

Send a message via AIM to r0bert8841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Probie View Post
mursac hasnt even put up that great of numbers in the ahl although i still like his speed and hands, he MAY have top 6 potential, but more likely will be a third line player. I disagree about Ferraro, he has regressed and has had numerous injuries since being drafted, his stock has fallen. Not first line potential, and when he was drafted he was seen as a complementary 2nd liner. Sheehan doesn't have 1st line potential, his offensive game is lacking, but may have improved slightly. Not trying to be a dick, I agree we have some good players coming up, but a few of those guys you mentioned have been overated y yourself a bit. I'm still excited about our future. I think the draft of 2010 looks like a great one for the wings. Jarnkrock still needs to transform physically, hes much too skinny but he has a great skill set. Pulkster already seemed to fill out, so only his skating IMO and perhaps defensive game could hold him back. I really hope those two make it because if they do, watch out.
Mursak has more than top 6 potential. The guy is absolutely dominant for the Griffins. Mursak has the ability that few players have, the ability to control the flow of the game and create chances out of nothing. Most people don't watch the Griffins enough to recognize this though, because his stats are iffy, but that has more to do with the Griffins than anything.

r0bert8841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 10:13 AM
r0bert8841

Send a message via AIM to r0bert8841
What sort of price could Linus Omark be had at. The kid has high end potential, very few players have his ability to control the flow of the game. He reminds me of a young Datsyuk.

r0bert8841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 10:35 AM
JT91

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeChris View Post

Datsyuk
Flippula
Hudler
Cleary
Det 1st