HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

**Official** NHL 12 EASHL Teams Thread:

Closed Thread

Old
09-17-2011, 12:39 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABbiest View Post
I may have to go back to 360 lol

Old
09-17-2011, 12:46 AM
Vanek20
Drive for 25

Quote:
Fixed.

55 goals in 24 games.........

Old
09-17-2011, 12:49 AM
The Nightman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain G View Post
I'm terrible.
Fixed

Old
09-17-2011, 12:55 AM
Vanek20
Drive for 25

Quote:
Fixed
If terrible means to not glitch, then yes I'm terrible.

I'm terrible...

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/c.../3355/overview

Old
09-17-2011, 12:57 AM
The Nightman

Quote:
If terrible means to not glitch, then yes I'm terrible.
Nah, by terrible I mean bad at the game...

Old
09-17-2011, 01:13 AM
eaglesmaster

Quote:
Fixed.

Apparently nobody can simply be good at the game, they just glitch am I right?
We have accumulated a pretty good group talent wise. We cycle the puck well. Score in various ways (though one timers is most likely our staple, probably 30% of our goals). Your claims are ridiculous, since the game has not been out long enough to correctly find "glitches" especially with the relatively small number of games we have played. We simply play the game of hockey. Maybe you should try it sometime.

Every now and then you come across a really scrub team and simply run up the score, which ends up padding stats. We have faced some really bad teams and won like 13-1 a bunch of times. We also have faced some good teams and come out winning 2-1. In this short sample, 24 games, its easy to misrepresent the data due to high impact of outlier datum. though in this case he really is an amazing player, and having been among the top teams and had the chance to play with and against the best, I can say that he is definitely among the best in the game. And a forward I would hate to go 1on1 against. The real top players don't glitch. Some have it in their repertoire for when other teams do, but as I mentioned above, I have yet to see true glitches against us. So again your claims are completely baseless and simply display your obvious jealousy.

Last edited by eaglesmaster: 09-17-2011 at 01:34 AM. Reason: patching
Old
09-17-2011, 02:58 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesmaster View Post

We have accumulated a pretty good group talent wise. We cycle the puck well. Score in various ways (though one timers is most likely our staple, probably 30% of our goals). Your claims are ridiculous, since the game has not been out long enough to correctly find "glitches" especially with the relatively small number of games we have played. We simply play the game of hockey. Maybe you should try it sometime.
cant blame him for thinking so, while your team may be awesome at playing a teams game, most still try to glitch and/or keep doing the same move over and over, even those with a lot of skills.

Last edited by ECWHSWI: 09-17-2011 at 03:06 AM.
Old
09-17-2011, 10:41 AM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Is this before or after your "training camp"?

Old
09-17-2011, 10:55 AM
Bunka Gurndeep

Lol I love that. Usually claims of Glitching are made by people who aren't any good at the game and use it as an excuse as to why people are just better.

I remember posting my stats on hf at the end of 11 and someone on this board couldn't fathom me being good enough to put up 3.5 PPG over a 1000 game career. Called me a glitcher when over 900 of those 1000 games were playing 6v6 with no computers to glitch. Hilarity !

Old
09-17-2011, 11:24 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

I hope they don't dumb down the goalies. I like how penalty shots and breakaways aren't auto goals anymore.

Old
09-17-2011, 11:24 AM
Crimson Skorpion

Awards:
Even if they do "glitch," here's my argument:

If you see a player scoring goals via wristers from the face-off circle, the defensive pair needs to stop backing up so much and giving him the room and angle he needs to score.

If you complain about the team scoring so many 2-on-1's and breakaways, it's time for the defensive players to stop pinching.

If you see shots going in from the point on a constant basis, it means they have a guy with an accurate and powerful shot and the winger should be taking his shot away and getting in the passing lane between the opposing winger and the D at the point.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Old
09-17-2011, 11:27 AM
pine*

^word.

Old
09-17-2011, 11:28 AM
Bunka Gurndeep

Here's how you play in top 6v6:

- Dmen who touch the puck at the offensive line have literally less than a second to shoot or pass it off or it's an odd man rush
- No pinching under any circumstance from a Dman
- One forward has to stay high to have 3 men back at all times
- Keep forwards to the outside and clog up the slot

Play D properly and you won't allow "glitch shots" lol

Old
09-17-2011, 11:37 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Fixed.

Every year you say same thing. Your team passes too much. Shoot and you'll score 2g/game.

Old
09-17-2011, 01:23 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Even if they do "glitch," here's my argument:

If you see a player scoring goals via wristers from the face-off circle, the defensive pair needs to stop backing up so much and giving him the room and angle he needs to score.

If you complain about the team scoring so many 2-on-1's and breakaways, it's time for the defensive players to stop pinching.

If you see shots going in from the point on a constant basis, it means they have a guy with an accurate and powerful shot and the winger should be taking his shot away and getting in the passing lane between the opposing winger and the D at the point.
The auto-backskate this year seems even worse than last year. It's really ****ing annoying trying to play defense with it. They nerf the defensive abilities every year, yet it seems forwards just get it easier and easier.

What do defensemen really have now? In 09, we could (cheaply, mind you) smoke the guy receiving the pass on a 2 on 1 if you timed it right. In '10, you couldn't but you had stick lift. In '11 and '12, you have auto backskate which makes things tougher. And in '12, they nerfed the stick lift and stick checking ability. Awesome. I've pretty much went to full-time forward/goalie now since I can stick-check the puck on someone's stick 5 or 6 times and nothing happens. It's annoying.

Old
09-17-2011, 01:39 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
The auto-backskate this year seems even worse than last year. It's really ****ing annoying trying to play defense with it. They nerf the defensive abilities every year, yet it seems forwards just get it easier and easier.

What do defensemen really have now? In 09, we could (cheaply, mind you) smoke the guy receiving the pass on a 2 on 1 if you timed it right. In '10, you couldn't but you had stick lift. In '11 and '12, you have auto backskate which makes things tougher. And in '12, they nerfed the stick lift and stick checking ability. Awesome. I've pretty much went to full-time forward/goalie now since I can stick-check the puck on someone's stick 5 or 6 times and nothing happens. It's annoying.
Seriously, in NHL 11 I taught myself to be patient, not attempt hits and get out of position, and use the stick check/poke check to my advantage. In NHL 12, poke/stick rarely works, all it does is slow the opposing player down, and doesn't ever give you possession of the puck. As a defenseman, you're left relying on your physicality to keep the player to the outside of the slot so he has a harder time to make a pass.

Old
09-17-2011, 01:51 PM
One Trick Pony

You guys are taking his comment too defensively, as if he wrote this because he is jelly or because he needs advice on how to play the game. He doesn't. Our club is good. We don't need explanation on how to glitch, or how to stop glitches.

Old
09-17-2011, 01:54 PM
dronald

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesmaster View Post

Every now and then you come across a really scrub team and simply run up the score, which ends up padding stats. We have faced some really bad teams and won like 13-1 a bunch of times. We also have faced some good teams and come out winning 2-1. In this short sample, 24 games, its easy to misrepresent the data due to high impact of outlier datum. though in this case he really is an amazing player, and having been among the top teams and had the chance to play with and against the best, I can say that he is definitely among the best in the game. And a forward I would hate to go 1on1 against. The real top players don't glitch. Some have it in their repertoire for when other teams do, but as I mentioned above, I have yet to see true glitches against us. So again your claims are completely baseless and simply display your obvious jealousy.
All it is. Personally I don't feel the need to defend this team, we cycle, we take slap shots, wrist shots, and find ways to get into the opposing teams zone to set up one timers. We have come across 4 teams so far who have managed to either stop us or get lucky, but either way they were able to win while we were playing as hard as we always do. As for everyone else, they have yet to stop us because we're that damn good and anyone who accuses us of glitching are simply jealous.

I can also personally say that we have yet to come across any team, "glitching" to win games and have not discovered how to ourselves. We dread the day the glitchers find glitches.

Old
09-17-2011, 02:10 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliash View Post
You guys are taking his comment too defensively, as if he wrote this because he is jelly or because he needs advice on how to play the game. He doesn't. Our club is good. We don't need explanation on how to glitch, or how to stop glitches.
So why make the statement in the first place? 2G/game isn't hard if you're a good player like haBbiest is. Some people complain about glitches too much. Slapshots from blue line are glitches these days.

Old
09-17-2011, 02:15 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post

Ya I've noticed that too. You poke the puck on the guys stick and he gets to keep carrying it... Like come on designers...

Old
09-17-2011, 03:59 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just bought the Steve Yzerman boost pack, should last me until my superstar card.

Old
09-17-2011, 10:09 PM
KareyPrice

anyone else notice how weird the cross crease pass and stuff is in NHL 12 it feels like your guy is to stiff on the stick and he shoots it on the ice at the goalie I mean there has been times i was wide open aimed it top shelf and it still slid along the ice

Old
09-17-2011, 10:25 PM
One Trick Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
So why make the statement in the first place? 2G/game isn't hard if you're a good player like haBbiest is. Some people complain about glitches too much. Slapshots from blue line are glitches these days.
OK, lets put it that way. The same way 2g/game doesn't necessarily equate to glitching, making a statement about it doesn't necessarily equate to being jealous. So every one here is wrong.

He probably made the statement because this is not something usual, especially when all the other members inside the same club have like half his points.

Old
09-17-2011, 10:27 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Great 2OT win boys!

Old
09-17-2011, 10:33 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
Ya I've noticed that too. You poke the puck on the guys stick and he gets to keep carrying it... Like come on designers...
Poke check works here, got it at 80 with my DD and it does the job just fine

Closed Thread