HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Are you ready for some football???? (NFL)

Old
08-14-2011, 09:45 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK201 View Post
me too.i'd be surprised if the bears were last. there more than likely not going to be first but detroit has health problems always and vikings seem to get QB problems.

there's a reason mcnabb wasn't resigned to his 40 some million dollar contract .... and i think we'll see it this year i call viking in last.
I'll just say that I HOPE the Vikings are last in the division. Bandwagon PetersonVikings fans are some of the most annoying fans out there.

I still think they've got the best chance at 2nd in the div. Too many veterans on that team who still have a lot left in the tank. McNabb doesn't have to be great for them to have an OK year, he just has to be average.

IF Stafford can protect his shoulder and stay healthy all year, and their young impact guys can develop faster than expected, they could make a run for 2nd. I can see it happening, I'm just not expecting it. This year, at least.

Bears are a mess. They have a turnover machine at QB, their o-line can't stop a cold, and the defense can still be consistently beat through the air. Haven't addressed their clear need for a game-changing option at WR (Roy Williams? haha...). The one dominant part of their game, Special Teams, just took a huge hit with the new kickoff rules.

BonkTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 10:52 AM
DukeNukem

What is the new kick-off return rule? I love the pack and see them even better this year than last. They will own the division, vikings and bears will take years to recover from their respective QB disasters. I'll wait and see on the Lions. As for everybody else, it's the usual suspects, Steelers, Patriots, Colts, Saints, and ummm, Giants...naw forget it.

DukeNukem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 12:39 PM
BK201

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensjersey11 View Post
I'll just say that I HOPE the Vikings are last in the division. Bandwagon PetersonVikings fans are some of the most annoying fans out there.

I still think they've got the best chance at 2nd in the div. Too many veterans on that team who still have a lot left in the tank. McNabb doesn't have to be great for them to have an OK year, he just has to be average.

IF Stafford can protect his shoulder and stay healthy all year, and their young impact guys can develop faster than expected, they could make a run for 2nd. I can see it happening, I'm just not expecting it. This year, at least.

Bears are a mess. They have a turnover machine at QB, their o-line can't stop a cold, and the defense can still be consistently beat through the air. Haven't addressed their clear need for a game-changing option at WR (Roy Williams? haha...). The one dominant part of their game, Special Teams, just took a huge hit with the new kickoff rules.
What bears defense is top 5 in the league. Specail teams may have took a hit, but yet to see what happens with the new rule. Most of cutlers interceptions are due to the receivers if it wasn't for a weak o line he would look a lot better.

Roy Williams had a pro bowl year in martz's system which is what the bears currently use.

I think they'll go 9-7 challenge for a wild card.

BK201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 12:44 PM
Shanny
Coming In Hot

Lions are being massively underrated here, if healthy, they are a better team then the Bears and Vikes already, and are the only team in that division that can beat the Packers this year(just look what they did last season with an injury riddled team against them).

Shanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 01:02 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanny View Post
Lions are being massively underrated here, if healthy, they are a better team then the Bears and Vikes already, and are the only team in that division that can beat the Packers this year(just look what they did last season with an injury riddled team against them).
I'm seeing the exact opposite. All I see are some fantasy hounds drooling over players in skill positions but ignoring that the O and D lines are still pretty weak relative to their division. They're improving but they are of no threat to any contender right now.

FolignoQuantumLeap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 01:24 PM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
What bears defense is top 5 in the league.
Never said their D as a whole is bad. Their run D is really quite fantastic. Their pass rush is quite effective. Their secondary is pretty frigging awful. If your O-line can hold up over 4 quarters against the pass rush and you can get the ball up in the air against the Bears, you've got a really good chance at beating them. Their pass D was in the bottom third in the league last year, and doesn't look any better this year.

Quote:
Most of cutlers interceptions are due to the receivers if it wasn't for a weak o line he would look a lot better.
His INT numbers weren't great in Denver, when he had some DAMNED good receivers and a fabulous O-line. Half of his INT's are just awful throws, with no fault on his receivers.
That being said, he was sacked 52 times last year. FIFTY TWO. And somehow, the Bears O-line managed to get WORSE this offseason. I don't see Cutler having a fantastic year. In fact, if he even moderately approaches last year's sack numbers, I won't be surprised if he misses some games via injury this year. Is Caleb Hanie still the backup?

Quote:
Roy Williams had a pro bowl year in martz's system which is what the bears currently use.
The same Roy Williams that hasn't had over 600 receiving yards since 2008? Who has dropped VERY catch-able balls over the past 3 years? I think Williams will do better than he did in Dallas, He's a MUCH better fit for Cutler than he was with Romo, but he's not "the answer". He runs terrible routes, and he's slowed down A TON since he played in Detroit. That's a bad combination.

Quote:
I think they'll go 9-7 challenge for a wild card.
I think that's a best-case scenario for Chicago this year. They're not an awful team, but I think they're the worst in a VERY strong division.

Old
08-14-2011, 03:27 PM
BK201

Meh I don't care to argue about the bears there too unpredictable.

They loose to bad teams beat good teams. You never know what there gonna do game to game let alone a full season

Old
08-14-2011, 03:47 PM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Meh I don't care to argue about the bears there too unpredictable.

They loose to bad teams beat good teams. You never know what there gonna do game to game let alone a full season
True enough.

Old
08-14-2011, 05:27 PM
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
I'm seeing the exact opposite. All I see are some fantasy hounds drooling over players in skill positions but ignoring that the O and D lines are still pretty weak relative to their division. They're improving but they are of no threat to any contender right now.
Lions d line is better than bears and just as good as vikes and packers, their secondary is weak.
Overall the lions imo are just as good as the bears and significantly better than Minnesota, their oline is underrated too.

PeterSidorkiewicz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 05:33 PM
Shanny
Coming In Hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterSidorkiewicz View Post
Lions d line is better than bears and just as good as vikes and packers, their secondary is weak.
Overall the lions imo are just as good as the bears and significantly better than Minnesota, their oline is underrated too.
With guys like Delmas and Houston in the backfield....I wouldn't exactly call their secondary weak either.

Old
08-14-2011, 05:40 PM
Emerica
Thank You Alfie

Does anybody have an online fantasy league I could join?

Emerica is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 07:31 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

Looking forward to the NFL season, even if my Bills are going to suck.

Hopefully we end up with Andrew Luck though!

DJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 07:34 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerica View Post
If you are looking to do a keeper league, I know one that is just starting this year including the draft. My brother in law are looking for some dedicated GM's, we currenlty have 7 GM's ready to go but need some more.

Interested just PM me!

DJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 08:26 PM
BK201

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB View Post
Looking forward to the NFL season, even if my Bills are going to suck.

Hopefully we end up with Andrew Luck though!
bills should be able to hit 6-20 this year it seems **** but it's an improvement miami sucks this year i don't see them doing better than the bills.

Old
08-15-2011, 08:30 AM
SelleckStache

vCash: 496
If the Bills win 4 games this year, I will be surprised.

SelleckStache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 09:10 AM
Disclose

People are overrating the lions... they will better but not hard to do when they've sucked for so many years.

Anyways go cowboys..

Disclose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 09:14 AM
BK201

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelleckStache View Post
If the Bills win 4 games this year, I will be surprised.
I think they'll win more than Miami.

As soon as they picked up Fitzgerald as QB, 99% of thier losses were by a field goal and he threw 3000 yards for 23 TD in 13 games.

There's a lot of holes bit I'm not saying they'll do amazing. I just think they will surprise some people is all and do better than miami

Old
08-15-2011, 09:15 AM
Shanny
Coming In Hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disclose View Post
People are overrating the lions... they will better but not hard to do when they've sucked for so many years.

Anyways go cowboys..
overrating?...don't think so.

They finished 6-10 last year with a depleted lineup in one of the toughest divisions to play in, almost every game that they lost last year was by a very close score and could have gone either way, they have a lot of weapons, and if healthy, they have potential to do a whole lot of damage this year.

aside from the Packers, the division has gotten weaker...and the Lions have gotten better.

Last edited by Shanny: 08-15-2011 at 09:24 AM.
Old
08-15-2011, 09:18 AM
Lehner
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerica View Post
Sens board fantasy league

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=955935

Anyone can join if interested, few spots left..

Lehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 09:39 AM
SelleckStache

vCash: 496
Quote:
I think they'll win more than Miami.

As soon as they picked up Fitzgerald as QB, 99% of thier losses were by a field goal and he threw 3000 yards for 23 TD in 13 games.

There's a lot of holes bit I'm not saying they'll do amazing. I just think they will surprise some people is all and do better than miami
I think a lot of those TD's are when the game was already lost though.

Yeah, but with Evans gone, I think it makes defending the Bills even easier than last year.

Like all bad teams, the Bills have an uncanny ability to lose close games. I still think they'll be worse than Miami.

SelleckStache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 10:11 AM
CheeseSandwich*

What team has the best chance this year? I have to pick one to cheer for.

CheeseSandwich* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 10:16 AM
BK201

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloucesterphil View Post
What team has the best chance this year? I have to pick one to cheer for.
Don't just pick the best team watch games on Sunday and find a team you enjoy to watch.

Different teams have different styles of play and formations and play different styles.

Old
08-15-2011, 10:36 AM
CheeseSandwich*

Quote:
Don't just pick the best team watch games on Sunday and find a team you enjoy to watch.

Different teams have different styles of play and formations and play different styles.
I dont want to watch. Boring as hell and I'm busy on Sunday's working out and living life. Can't sit in front of a tv.

CheeseSandwich* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 10:42 AM
BK201

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloucesterphil View Post
I dont want to watch. Boring as hell and I'm busy on Sunday's working out and living life. Can't sit in front of a tv.
Well if that's the way it's gonna be bills bengals panthers or browns are what your looking for

Edit I'm just kidding top teams generally are patriots, jets, ravens, steelers, colts, falcons, saints, eagles giants packers pic one of those and it's hard to get disappointed but since you don't watch it won't matter anyways

Last edited by BK201: 08-15-2011 at 10:47 AM.
Old
08-15-2011, 06:10 PM
Emerica
Thank You Alfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehner View Post
Sens board fantasy league

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=955935

Anyone can join if interested, few spots left..
Sure I'd like that but I don't think I'll be able to attend the draft .

Emerica is online now   Reply With Quote