HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

LW Michael Mersch (2011, 110th, LAK)

Old
11-21-2010, 03:45 PM
Mathletic

vCash: 500
LW Michael Mersch (2011, 110th, LAK)

just wondering what you think of him, seems to be having a strong freshman year at Wisconsin even though the Badgers aren't as strong this year

Mathletic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 10:10 PM
Mathletic

anybody?

Mathletic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2015, 07:51 AM
Skinnyjimmy08
WorldTraveler

no thread made about the guy I don't think... figured Id bring this one back then... got the call up to LA now and will be making his debut. ALOT of Kings fans have been raving about this guy and there is quite a bit of hype. I am real interested to see how he does.

Has anyone seen him play much this year?

How do people see him fitting in?

Skinnyjimmy08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2015, 02:20 PM
Knight of the Realm
Kempe

More than likely just a cup of coffee. Practiced with Shore and Brown today. Big guy, good around the net. Had a strong playoffs in the A last year. He has some solid power forward potential and seems to fit the Kings style of play.

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2015, 05:34 PM
BIitz
GRANT = SOFT

vCash: 50
This guy is a perfect fit for the Kings IMO. He has great size and he's so strong on the puck. He also shoots the puck any chance he gets. I think he'll become a very strong NHL player. He's become a very good prospect since midway through last season. He was one of their best players during their Calder Cup run along with C Miller and a couple others.

BIitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2015, 05:46 PM
Raccoon Jesus
Offense Like Girardi

Yay, it's happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnyjimmy08 View Post
no thread made about the guy I don't think... figured Id bring this one back then... got the call up to LA now and will be making his debut. ALOT of Kings fans have been raving about this guy and there is quite a bit of hype. I am real interested to see how he does.

Has anyone seen him play much this year?

How do people see him fitting in?
Well, it's likely just for a cup of coffee now, but temper your expectations--we're excited for him because there's a shortage of blue chippers in our system and with injuries we're looking for bototm six solidarity. he could become a top sixer, and he's gonna learn a lot from Lucic I think, but we're more stoked because he's just a perfect "King." Crashes the net HARD, molds himself after Holmstrom (his words), though he's better at spinning off the boards, absorbing contact, and just being an absolute truck in front of the net. We used to joke he couldn't score a goal staying on his feet.

This year the guy is an absolute animal in the AHL and everyone in the organization knows he doesn't belong there. He's not going to generate offense by himself at the NHL level, but he's going to drive the net hard and be a huge pain in the ass to play against, not because he's spicy, but because (like Kopitar, King, et. al.) he just flat out absorbs contact and keeps going. Think King, with better hands and more net drive. Not gonna wow anyone with his skating, but I *really* like that he'll be on a line with Shore and Brown, that could be just the spark they need and it's really a perfect fit.

I'm just super stoked for him because he's the friendliest guy, great dude, hard worker, and has paid his dues hard like the organization wants.

And god it's so nice having our AHL team in our backyard now because we can actually contribute more to the prospect board

"What the ****, guys, it was a metaphor." --Dean Lombardi, 2015.
Raccoon Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2015, 09:43 AM
Chazz Reinhold

http://mayorsmanor.com/2015/12/what-...-merschs-game/

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2015, 09:16 PM
Our Lady Peace

From my viewings, he looked good tonight. He was tenacious on the forecheck and was crashing bodies as usual. He causes problems for opponents everywhere on the forecheck.

What really impressed me with him was his play without the puck. He's often in right spot and he picked off a lot of loose pucks.

Our Lady Peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2015, 11:20 AM
lfchockey

Played 11:01 in his debut tonight and fired off 2 shots and had 3 hits. If he's able to stick with the Kings and his minutes increase, he should start opening up space for his linemates/himself.
Seems like the prototypical Kings forward

lfchockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2015, 11:40 PM
Raccoon Jesus
Offense Like Girardi

Still looked good tonight, even in a loss where most of the team was sluggish. Very well positioned, crashed the net, exactly what you'd expect.

14:32 tonight, 3rd liner minutes. Was also on the ice last game in Pitt with only a couple of minutes left, so seems Sutter trusts him more than some roster regulars already.

Raccoon Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote