Old
04-25-2012, 07:37 AM
dino200022

vCash: 500
in case anyone cares I timed Murphy's icetime last night

1st - 10:56
2nd - 10:52
3rd - 11:58

and if I am not mistaken Sol might have actually even played more since he killed all 2 mins on every penalty, does not bode well for a long playoff run when u have guys pplaying that much everynight!

dino200022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 08:22 AM
thomasincanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Well, down 3-0 to the evil empire, tomorrow night is ALL about character. I think this team has enough pride in itself to win game 4.
CG, what's up with Kitchener this series? While I am happy - I expected this series to be far more of a battle than it has been. These teams played each other fairly evenly through the regular season.

Is it Kitcheners lack of depth.. or did Plymouth just wear them out?

Make no mistake I'm not counting the Rangers out yet, it would be foolish to do so.

thomasincanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 08:30 AM
dino200022

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasincanada View Post
CG, what's up with Kitchener this series? While I am happy - I expected this series to be far more of a battle than it has been. These teams played each other fairly evenly through the regular season.

Make no mistake I'm not counting the Rangers out yet, it would be foolish to do so.
As a London fan here to me it looks like the Rangers are just tuckered out. They seem to be able to give a few minutes of pressure here or there but cant seem to keep the momentum going for half a period kind of thing. I think they won there cup by beating Plymouth which is a shame cause once again as a London fan I was terrified to play these Rangers i had them winning in 6 or 7!(the rangers that is)

dino200022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 09:03 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasincanada View Post

Well hello stranger!

I think it's a combination of a lot of things. The top lines are exhausted - whether that's due to lack of depth (a definite weakness in Kitchener) or the fact that they've come through two very physical series, it is what it is. Spott made no moves at the deadline to help the depth issue, other than moving an OA out when Randell was returned to the OHL. I think there are a few injuries as well - Crescenzi hasn't played like himself for a few weeks.

If I were to put money on it, I'd say Kitchener wins tonight and then gets blown out in game 5. I hope that's how it plays out (if London is going to take the series).

I didn't expect a lot out of the Rangers this year and losing a couple of key players for the season made that worse, so I'm not all that disappointed. If it were any team but London, just being in the conference finals would mean the year has been a great success. The fact that it's London sucks a lot (and I have a feeling you'd think the same if the situation were reversed!).

For the record, I think the addition of Watson was the move that will make the biggest difference for the Knights. Love the kid's game and heart.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 09:05 AM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino200022 View Post
As a London fan here to me it looks like the Rangers are just tuckered out. They seem to be able to give a few minutes of pressure here or there but cant seem to keep the momentum going for half a period kind of thing. I think they won there cup by beating Plymouth which is a shame cause once again as a London fan I was terrified to play these Rangers i had them winning in 6 or 7!(the rangers that is)
I hate using any excuse since it takes away the great play by the Knights and they deserve full marks for their lead in this series.

But yes, this Ranger team is running totally on fumes from a heavy injury toll this past season.
Their injuries may have equaled what went through Sarnia but this Ranger team just carried on and won but it does take a toll physically and mentally.
The lack of depth is also a serious issue. They are missing two key players in forward in Matia Marcantuoni and
defenceman Evan McEneny, then factor in two underagers playing in the NHL in Jeff Skinner (2011 NHL Rookie of the Year)
and the leading candidate for the 2012 R.O.Y. in Gabriel Landeskog. Even though all CHL goes through this issue every now and then
but the Rangers have 3 in the last 2 years (Jeremy Morin last season) and in all likelyhood Ryan Murphy next season. Having these underagers in the
NHL does take a very serious toll on a teams depth.
All things considered I think it's totally understandable how us Ranger fans are thrilled to be here in the West Final.
Not saying that the Rangers would be winning the series now with these missing players but the series probably wouldn't be 3-0 for London.

Once again...absolutely full marks to London!!!

Last edited by Ward Cornell: 04-25-2012 at 09:12 AM.
Ward Cornell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 09:10 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Cornell View Post
Once again...absolutely full marks to London!!!
Agreed.

Now pass the disinfectant/soap/mouthwash/whatever is needed to make me feel clean again.

Old
04-25-2012, 09:17 AM
aresknights

It may fade over time, but it never totally goes away CG.

I still got a bad taste form the 7 gamer a couple years back aagghh.

No matter the standings, the quality of each team, its always sucks to lose to your rival.

Lots of Ranger fans at the JLC yesterday and all I met were great to chat with

aresknights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 09:36 AM
RayzorIsDull

Kitchener has now lost 7 straight Western Finals games. Is that a record for most consecutive losses in the Western Finals?

RayzorIsDull is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 09:37 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Kitchener has now lost 7 straight Western Finals games. Is that a record for most consecutive losses in the Western Finals?
Most teams don't make the western finals that often, so I have no idea.

Old
04-25-2012, 09:37 AM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
It may fade over time, but it never totally goes away CG.
Part and parcel about being a sports fan but it makes this series that much sweeter for you!!
Mind you....going by many past experiences once the playoffs are over with, my mind is totally focused on next season especially since it may make this past season look pale for excitement!
Such is the life of a OHL fan that next season can be a massive turnaround!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
Lots of Ranger fans at the JLC yesterday and all I met were great to chat with
Hence why I totally avoided you, I NEVER wanted to ruin your impression of Ranger fans!!
Actually I have a lot of family in London and many are STH for the Knights so it always makes our get togethers really fun. I love trash talking the in-laws!! (since they actually think I'm joking when in reality......................)

Old
04-25-2012, 09:40 AM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Give me that over losing four straight in the opening round which ties a record!!
btw...how did Windsor do in the 1st round this playoff season??

Old
04-25-2012, 09:50 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Cornell View Post
Give me that over losing four straight in the opening round which ties a record!!
btw...how did Windsor do in the 1st round this playoff season??
You can bring it up it doesn't bother me. Windsor has lost 7 straight playoff games as well it's not a big deal.

RayzorIsDull is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 10:05 AM
aresknights

Very true Ward. Evry year brings optimism and its great.

Thanks for staying away LOL, maybe the conversations were ok, because really, what could they say

Im just hoping the Knights keep the petal to the floor and dont allow this team any life.
Unlikely they can get over in 4 straight but not impossible. And that foul taste would never go away

aresknights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 04:07 PM
pfaffi89
The german hammer!

Hey guys! According to the Rangers Homepage, Center Mike Catenacci has signed with my team, Dusseldorf of the German Elite League. Can someone tell me something about his skills etc.? Thank you!

pfaffi89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 04:38 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfaffi89 View Post
Hey guys! According to the Rangers Homepage, Center Mike Catenacci has signed with my team, Dusseldorf of the German Elite League. Can someone tell me something about his skills etc.? Thank you!
Very happy to - and very happy for Cat!

The first thing you need to know is that he's about 5'6" but thinks he's 6'2". He dishes out solid hits to anyone, will not back down to anyone of any size, and gives it everything he has every single shift he plays. He takes a ton of abuse and keeps on going (although he earned a reputation for diving in the OHL - not without merit). He played upwards of 30 minutes some nights during the playoffs, or so it seemed, and just kept on ticking.

He has good vision and is a very good passer - he and Tobias Reider were lethal together this year, and almost unfair on the PK.

I think you'll love him as much as we do. We're going to miss him in Kitchener, and I can't do anything but wish him the very, very best of luck as he continues his career.

Old
05-01-2012, 04:59 PM
pfaffi89
The german hammer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Very happy to - and very happy for Cat!

The first thing you need to know is that he's about 5'6" but thinks he's 6'2". He dishes out solid hits to anyone, will not back down to anyone of any size, and gives it everything he has every single shift he plays. He takes a ton of abuse and keeps on going (although he earned a reputation for diving in the OHL - not without merit). He played upwards of 30 minutes some nights during the playoffs, or so it seemed, and just kept on ticking.

He has good vision and is a very good passer - he and Tobias Reider were lethal together this year, and almost unfair on the PK.

I think you'll love him as much as we do. We're going to miss him in Kitchener, and I can't do anything but wish him the very, very best of luck as he continues his career.
Thanks for your quick answer! I´m wondering a bit why he goes to Europe so early. He´s very young and obviously one of the better OHL players. Any ideas?

pfaffi89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 04:59 PM
BenchedGuy

Just to add, he was the heart and soul of the team this year. He wore the "C" proudly for us this past year. He just doesn't quit. With all that, it makes up for in size. He played in all situation, PK and PP. And great in person too, did alot in the community representing the Kitchener Rangers. He will be missed.

BenchedGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 07:22 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfaffi89 View Post
Thanks for your quick answer! I´m wondering a bit why he goes to Europe so early. He´s very young and obviously one of the better OHL players. Any ideas?
He's not eligible to play in the OHL next year, so his best options were to play in Europe or go to university. He was not drafted to the NHL (due to his size).

As indicated, we're really going to miss "Captainacci" in Kitchener. Take good care of him for us -- I think you'll love him.