Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Kitchener Rangers 2011-2012 season Thread

Old
09-30-2011, 06:23 PM
EvenSteven

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet of Glennie View Post
I'm getting sick of Rangers games on Rogers TV.
Then you'll be happy to know that you won't have to put up with the Rangers on Rogers TV at all this weekend.

Have a nice day!

EvenSteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 06:26 PM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvenSteven View Post
Then you'll be happy to know that you won't have to put up with the Rangers on Rogers TV at all this weekend.

Have a nice day!
And you never thought thats why I hate them? Kitchener has the market for the team to have our own broadcast team go to every arena themselves but instead we miss games or get horrible quality for out of town games.

Hockeys not a game I want to listen to on the radio.

Faidh ar Rud Eigin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 07:30 PM
KitchenerRangersfan

Quote:
I'm getting sick of Rangers games on Rogers TV.
I'd rather listen to Rogers TV announcers any day instead of Don Cameron and Mike Farwell. Boy do they get real annoying (Farwell particularly).

KitchenerRangersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 08:35 PM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitchenerRangersfan View Post
I'd rather listen to Rogers TV announcers any day instead of Don Cameron and Mike Farwell. Boy do they get real annoying (Farwell particularly).
That's not the reason for me. Besides last year, I like the guys who do it. But they need to do every game televised, this ******** only at home is getting on my nerves. Huge market, Kitchener has the money to have our own broadcast team yet they don't.

Old
09-30-2011, 09:55 PM
Hitman

Mr. Murphy was scratched again tonight. Could he be home next week?

Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 10:48 PM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
Mr. Murphy was scratched again tonight. Could he be home next week?
Murphy will likely get 9 games, tbh I don't expect him till near the end of October or November, it sucks but who knows. I think he might get the 9 games in the NHL then the addtional 9 game conditioning stint in the AHL.

Old
09-30-2011, 11:04 PM
Medway Bear

Quote:
Murphy will likely get 9 games, tbh I don't expect him till near the end of October or November, it sucks but who knows. I think he might get the 9 games in the NHL then the addtional 9 game conditioning stint in the AHL.
Murphy cannot play in the AHL, its Carolina or Kitchener for him.

Medway Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 11:18 PM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medway Bear View Post
Murphy cannot play in the AHL, its Carolina or Kitchener for him.
Yes he can. He cannot play more than 9 games there, but as Brayden Schenn did last season, he can have an "injury" and be sent down on a "condtioning" stint. How do you think Brayden Schenn played in the AHL at 19?

Old
10-01-2011, 09:32 AM
Hitman

Quote:
Two things that people think are normal occurances now a days that really are not normal at all and actually happen very little are...
(1) 18 year old juniors sticking in the NHL. People assume this is happening more because of the cap when in fact it's the opposite, fewer 18 year old players stick now and finding space to squeeze the exceptional ones on the roster can be a challenge because of the cap.
(2)Players playing their 9 allowable NHL games and then being sent down. This is a very rare thing but NHL and CHL fans talk about it like it's a given. NHL teams have a good handle on their prospects, only in very rare and very exceptional cases do they feel the need to keep a teenager in their line up for an extended period to see if he can handle it.
People assume that teams already have guys like Murphy penciled in for a regular season tryout when that's the furthest thing from the truth. A team like Carolina or any team for that matter can't burn their first 9 games of the year giving junior players ice just to get him a taste of the NHL.
The guys that play do so because the NHL staff feels they can contribute and make the team better as soon as they start to show signs that they aren't going to make the team better they are sent home, not kept for 9 games just for the sake of doing so.

Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 10:25 AM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
Two things that people think are normal occurances now a days that really are not normal at all and actually happen very little are...
(1) 18 year old juniors sticking in the NHL. People assume this is happening more because of the cap when in fact it's the opposite, fewer 18 year old players stick now and finding space to squeeze the exceptional ones on the roster can be a challenge because of the cap.
(2)Players playing their 9 allowable NHL games and then being sent down. This is a very rare thing but NHL and CHL fans talk about it like it's a given. NHL teams have a good handle on their prospects, only in very rare and very exceptional cases do they feel the need to keep a teenager in their line up for an extended period to see if he can handle it.
People assume that teams already have guys like Murphy penciled in for a regular season tryout when that's the furthest thing from the truth. A team like Carolina or any team for that matter can't burn their first 9 games of the year giving junior players ice just to get him a taste of the NHL.
The guys that play do so because the NHL staff feels they can contribute and make the team better as soon as they start to show signs that they aren't going to make the team better they are sent home, not kept for 9 games just for the sake of doing so.
Carolina has missed the playoffs at least 2 years in a row. With last year missing it on the last day of the season.
I doubt they would want to give Murphy a trial run for 9 games with so much at stake for them.
Does Murphy have the talent to play in the NHL?...without a doubt he's one of the most talented defenceman I've ever seen in the OHL.
Could he help a NHL team this year?.....not very likely!
I suspect we'll see #24 next weekend.

It's nice picking up the two wins vs no losses without an OA and Murphy in the line-up.
Jesse Young also played, hopefully he'll get a lot more icetime to increase his value. IMHO he'll
be a great pick-up for another team. Sounds like Gilbert had another solid game...what a great pick he was!

Last edited by Ward Cornell: 10-01-2011 at 10:39 AM.
Ward Cornell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 06:46 PM
Medway Bear

Quote:
Yes he can. He cannot play more than 9 games there, but as Brayden Schenn did last season, he can have an "injury" and be sent down on a "condtioning" stint. How do you think Brayden Schenn played in the AHL at 19?
Yes, but Murphy is only 18.

Medway Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 08:20 PM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medway Bear View Post
Yes, but Murphy is only 18.
It doesn't matter. Underage players (18 or 19) can play in the AHL on 9 or less conditioning stints. The way Carolina is praising Murphy, it won't be surprising at all to see him get 9 games in both the NHL and AHL.

Old
10-01-2011, 11:19 PM
Bob Barker

Quote:
It doesn't matter. Underage players (18 or 19) can play in the AHL on 9 or less conditioning stints. The way Carolina is praising Murphy, it won't be surprising at all to see him get 9 games in both the NHL and AHL.
He won't play at all in the AHL. If he doesn't make the Canes, he will be returned to Kitchener.

Bob Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 03:10 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
You got to admit that's a crafty way to get up 9 extra games (in the AHL) on top of up to 9 games in the NHL? Would be great experience and a good way to evaluate someone at both levels of play.

JSavoire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 06:57 PM
Jack Daniels

Murphy CAN'T play in the AHL.

Carolina keeps him or sends him to Kitchener.

Jack Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 08:00 PM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSavoire View Post
You got to admit that's a crafty way to get up 9 extra games (in the AHL) on top of up to 9 games in the NHL? Would be great experience and a good way to evaluate someone at both levels of play.
It makes you wonder why teams don't do it that often, but then again the league and the CHL would catch on and change it so you can't even do conditioning stints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Daniels View Post
Murphy CAN'T play in the AHL.

Carolina keeps him or sends him to Kitchener.
Yes you can, it's a misconception that CHL players can't play in the AHL till they're 20. They can't spend the whole season there, but they can have an injury during their NHL stay and be sent down for a conditioning stint.

Old
10-03-2011, 08:20 PM
Jack Daniels

Quote:
It makes you wonder why teams don't do it that often, but then again the league and the CHL would catch on and change it so you can't even do conditioning stints.

Yes you can, it's a misconception that CHL players can't play in the AHL till they're 20. They can't spend the whole season there, but they can have an injury during their NHL stay and be sent down for a conditioning stint.
No reason to wonder why teams don't do it.Simple reason is they CAN'T!

Murphy is 18 not 20 that's the difference.18 year olds CAN'T play in the AHL.

Conditioning stint,where do you come up with this stuff? I'm sure you will keep the jokes coming though

Old
10-03-2011, 08:51 PM
Ward Cornell

Quote:

Conditioning stint,where do you come up with this stuff? I'm sure you will keep the jokes coming though
They can if they are still on the NHL teams roster and are just being sent to the AHL for conditioning.
I suspect if an NHL team would do this it would be Chicago and only Chicago.
Schenns case with the Kings being the exception.(was he not truly injured prior?)

Old
10-03-2011, 09:04 PM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Cornell View Post
They can if they are still on the NHL teams roster and are just being sent to the AHL for conditioning.
I suspect if an NHL team would do this it would be Chicago and only Chicago.
Schenns case with the Kings being the exception.(was he not truly injured prior?)
IIRC it was a very minor injury that he could have played through, LA just needed more time to decide whether to keep him or not.

Quote:

Can you read or are you just going to keep posting that? Underage CHL players CAN play in the AHL on 9 game or less conditioning stints, Schenn did it last year. Are you saying Schenn didn't play in the AHL last season?

Old
10-03-2011, 10:34 PM
Jack Daniels

Quote:
Can you read or are you just going to keep posting that? Underage CHL players CAN play in the AHL on 9 game or less conditioning stints, Schenn did it last year. Are you saying Schenn didn't play in the AHL last season?
I can read just fine thankyou but obviously you can't so let me try to get this through your thick skull one more time.

Murphy is 18 18 18 18 18 18 18 18 18 18 18 18 18 18

Schenn played in the AHL as a 19 year old

Give me just one example of a CHL kid who has played in the AHL at 18 to start the year.We all know Murphy can play as a 18 year old in the AHL at the end of Kitchener's season but give me one example other than that.

This is common knowledge,you can even google it to see ther rule.Heck even Carolina themselves have talked about this rule regarding Murphy and i think they would know the rules better than you

Old
10-04-2011, 01:13 PM
Tim Wallach

Quote:
I can read just fine thankyou but obviously you can't so let me try to get this through your thick skull one more time.

Give me just one example of a CHL kid who has played in the AHL at 18 to start the year.We all know Murphy can play as a 18 year old in the AHL at the end of Kitchener's season but give me one example other than that.

This is common knowledge,you can even google it to see ther rule.Heck even Carolina themselves have talked about this rule regarding Murphy and i think they would know the rules better than you
Actually, if you read through the NHL/CHL agreement, there is no distinction between 18 and 19 year olds as it relates to this issue. It covers all players who have not turned 20 by Dec. 31st of that year.

And it clearly states that any of them can play up to 9 games in either the NHL or AHL. Once they hit the 10th game in the NHL, clauses kick in.

There are some exceptions, such as the season-ending clause that players like Carey Price, Mike Richards and Brayden Schenn have all utilized. That says that once a player's junior team's season ends, they can play in the AHL.

Hope that clears it up.

Tim Wallach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 03:45 PM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

Quote:

The poster above me already explained so I don't have to, but clearly you don't know how to read and you don't have a clue what you're talking about. Maybe if you payed attention in class instead of posting on this site you would know you have to read something before replying to it.

Murphy can play in the AHL, just not the full season. That's fact and you can't dispute it without looking more like a child.

Old
10-04-2011, 04:49 PM
Jack Daniels

Quote:
The poster above me already explained so I don't have to, but clearly you don't know how to read and you don't have a clue what you're talking about. Maybe if you payed attention in class instead of posting on this site you would know you have to read something before replying to it.

Murphy can play in the AHL, just not the full season. That's fact and you can't dispute it without looking more like a child.
Ya whatever you want to believe.Doesn't matter anyways because he's coming back to Kitchener.

Old
10-05-2011, 03:49 PM
BenchedGuy

Anyways.......................

Anybody know if Moylan is still on the roster or did he get sent down?

BenchedGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 04:07 PM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenchedGuy View Post
Anyways.......................

Anybody know if Moylan is still on the roster or did he get sent down?
He's been sent down but should be up if Gibson is away for the WJHC.
I was extremely impressed with how he covered the angles and squared-up the shooters.

btw...both Sol and Melchiori is back with the Rangers.