HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[HabsHQ] All I Wanted for Christmas Is a New GM

Closed Thread

Old
08-18-2011, 05:46 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsprospects View Post
Okay, so hum tell me, where did you see this was a top-5 prospects with the most upside or most likely to have a good NHL career or something like that???
well huh... they're considered top prospects for a reason...

I dont know about you, but when I see TOP, I dont expect to see the worst of the bunch or something

Old
08-18-2011, 07:36 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
well huh... they're considered top prospects for a reason...

I dont know about you, but when I see TOP, I dont expect to see the worst of the bunch or something
It's his precictions on who will have the best year out of all the prospects.

Although evrything is up for debate, I agree.

Last edited by HH: 08-18-2011 at 07:42 AM.
Old
08-18-2011, 09:25 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

New blog is up folks!

http://habshq.com/2011/08/18/clement...er-retrospect/

Clement Jodoin reflects back on his career that led him to HC of the Habs AHL affiliate.

Old
08-18-2011, 04:42 PM
ROEN
@OrenWeizman

I hope you guys enjoy the article, Jodoin's history in hockey is amazing

Old
08-18-2011, 04:44 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

TSN made the announcement today but HQ had it on Sunday. 15 Habs games on TSN!
http://habshq.com/2011/08/14/15-habs-games-on-tsn/

Old
08-19-2011, 09:29 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

73 Habs games in English for the 2011-2012 season.

http://habshq.com/2011/08/19/report-...es-in-english/

Old
08-19-2011, 09:45 AM
Coldplay
Courage

**** yeah!

Old
08-19-2011, 10:30 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 50
TSN-Habs.

Please, Videotron.

Old
08-19-2011, 11:32 AM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

TSN-Habs

Please,Eastlink

Old
08-19-2011, 11:55 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
TSN-Habs.

Please, Videotron.
This company really shoots themselves in the foot at times. Oh well, hopefully they finally get TSN-Habs.

@HabsHQ: I love how you say CBC has a hard on for the leafs but then in the next breath tell Videotron to get their "backside" in gear

Awesome.

I don't get how somebody who has watched in French all these years doesn't understand the play by play.

I really have poor french skills but being exposed to hockey for so long you learn what they're saying.

Old
08-19-2011, 12:04 PM
Theosis
#freegalchenyuk

vCash: 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
This company really shoots themselves in the foot at times. Oh well, hopefully they finally get TSN-Habs.

@HabsHQ: I love how you say CBC has a hard on for the leafs but then in the next breath tell Videotron to get their "backside" in gear

Awesome.

I don't get how somebody who has watched in French all these years doesn't understand the play by play.

I really have poor french skills but being exposed to hockey for so long you learn what they're saying.
Yeah TSN-Habs is why I switched from Videotron to Bell. I don't watch much TV, I usually download everything. Basically only thing I use my TV for is Hockey.

And yeah, I don't consider myself very fluent in French, I do understand it, I can speak it, but I just hate doing so. When I first started watching hockey long time ago in french, it was kind of hard to understand it because I was terrible in french back then and I was so little, but I'd say after watching a few seasons, you start to understand what they're saying.

I still sometimes prefer watching it in French even if there's an English channel with the game, because I find the announcers on RDS are sometimes better.

Old
08-19-2011, 12:25 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theosis View Post
Yeah TSN-Habs is why I switched from Videotron to Bell. I don't watch much TV, I usually download everything. Basically only thing I use my TV for is Hockey.

And yeah, I don't consider myself very fluent in French, I do understand it, I can speak it, but I just hate doing so. When I first started watching hockey long time ago in french, it was kind of hard to understand it because I was terrible in french back then and I was so little, but I'd say after watching a few seasons, you start to understand what they're saying.

I still sometimes prefer watching it in French even if there's an English channel with the game, because I find the announcers on RDS are sometimes better.
For all the flack Benoit Brunet gets at least Houde is a good enough announcer. I actually like his excitement and all that.

Regarding Bell honestly I prefer ExpressVu to Videotron but since I have RDS anyways I'll stick with Videotron. Like you I download everything as commercials just annoy me. Since I pay the bare minimum with videotron and have the flexibility to change packages at any time I'll stick with them.

If Bell does the same thing eventually rather than trying to nickel and dime you into buying a **** package just for 1 channel, I'll likely make the switch.

Will never switch off videotron for internet though. They have me hooked plain and simple. After going through years of atrocious bell... never again.

Old
08-19-2011, 12:42 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:

Well for me it's not only about the language but I find the feed in HD a lot better on RDS and you can hear the crowd.

Old
08-19-2011, 08:05 PM
Theosis
#freegalchenyuk

vCash: 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Will never switch off videotron for internet though. They have me hooked plain and simple. After going through years of atrocious bell... never again.
I've never had Bell internet, but I've been with Videotron for many years. I have NEVER had a problem with them. I rarely ever disconnect, maybe once in a blue moon, but the net comes right back even if it does. At the moment I have the 30 mbps package and I download most things at around 4mb/s and I love it.

I've heard plenty of problems with Bell. I even once tried to switch to Bell because it was cheaper, but apparently their internet didn't reach all the way to DDO, so I stuck with Videotron and I'm happy I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Well for me it's not only about the language but I find the feed in HD a lot better on RDS and you can hear the crowd.
That's true. I usually prefer the HD on RDS.

Old
08-19-2011, 08:10 PM
coolasprICE

I switched to Bell Fibe TV a few months ago; it's so much better than illico, it's actually funny

Old
08-20-2011, 02:38 AM
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
I switched to Bell Fibe TV a few months ago; it's so much better than illico, it's actually funny
If it's not indiscrete, how much are you paying? I'm moving this week and I have to get a new hookup for TV/Internet. Heard good things about Fibe, but I'm a broke student so I can't pay huge money every month.

Old
08-20-2011, 12:36 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

New blog.

SuperFans! The Things We Do.

http://habshq.com/2011/08/20/superfa...-things-we-do/

Old
08-20-2011, 10:19 PM
Analyzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
TSN-Habs.

Please, Videotron.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99GoHabsGo99 View Post
TSN-Habs

Please,Eastlink
That channel is Bell only.

Old
08-21-2011, 04:59 AM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtleneck Plek View Post
If it's not indiscrete, how much are you paying? I'm moving this week and I have to get a new hookup for TV/Internet. Heard good things about Fibe, but I'm a broke student so I can't pay huge money every month.
Bell is cheaper.

if you have bell internet (which isn't as good as videotron's, but good enough for me), you save 15$ on both services. Plus if you go to be a bell store, the agent, to push the sale, will apply another 10$ discount...

I got superchannels and movie network/HBO (all on demand) - which is 200+ movies/series on demand.

+ 4 theme packs and 20 channels a la carte. And time shifting...

so my internet comes to $32.95
tv comes to, approx $70 ..

You could skip on the superchannels and save 15$ and keep your total bill under 100 with taxes... or take less theme packs.

With videotron, at 90-100$ for both services, you get a lot less (tv wise).

Looking forward to tsn-habs.

Old
08-21-2011, 11:28 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

New HabsHQ interview!

Habs prospect Maxim Trunev.

http://habshq.com/2011/08/21/maxim-trunev-interview/

Old
08-21-2011, 11:38 AM
Maxpac

Wtf? Where's the obvious " do you plan on coming to north America" question at?

Old
08-21-2011, 11:40 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Article was not made by us but by sovietski sports.

Old
08-21-2011, 11:44 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Article was not made by us but by sovietski sports.
Ah.... Well that explains it

Old
08-21-2011, 11:45 AM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Bahh, it wasn't any of them personally who interviewed him Maxpac, otherwise they probably would've asked.

"To give you a bit more insight on this prospect’s personality, here is an article I translated from Sovietski Sports."

I doubt you'll ever see him here...

Old
08-21-2011, 12:07 PM
neofury*

Quote:
I've never had Bell internet, but I've been with Videotron for many years. I have NEVER had a problem with them. I rarely ever disconnect, maybe once in a blue moon, but the net comes right back even if it does. At the moment I have the 30 mbps package and I download most things at around 4mb/s and I love it.

I've heard plenty of problems with Bell. I even once tried to switch to Bell because it was cheaper, but apparently their internet didn't reach all the way to DDO, so I stuck with Videotron and I'm happy I did.

That's true. I usually prefer the HD on RDS.
Dude I have 50mbit in DDO for work, 50mbit in Beaconsfield for home, my dad has 50mbit in St-Anne, all videotron no worries really.

Bell I've had in Pointe-Claire and Beaconsfield. At one point I lived in a building that couldn't get videotron (/wrists)

It was horrible at both locations. Videotron has always provided me with the services I pay for. Bell never has, end of story. For TV they're good though if you have the money for it. Me personally I don't need TV for anything other than RDS so I get the basic illico.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Bell is cheaper.

if you have bell internet (which isn't as good as videotron's, but good enough for me), you save 15$ on both services. Plus if you go to be a bell store, the agent, to push the sale, will apply another 10$ discount...

I got superchannels and movie network/HBO (all on demand) - which is 200+ movies/series on demand.

+ 4 theme packs and 20 channels a la carte. And time shifting...

so my internet comes to $32.95
tv comes to, approx $70 ..

You could skip on the superchannels and save 15$ and keep your total bill under 100 with taxes... or take less theme packs.

With videotron, at 90-100$ for both services, you get a lot less (tv wise).

Looking forward to tsn-habs.
It's true for sure. If all you really do is browse and post on HF, check email etc bell internet is sufficient. My problem is their customer service being inept and having to waste my time when videotron doesn't assume you're a tool, they send a technician within 24 hours usually and only after a quick phone discussion. Bell it was always a pain in the ass and I'd rather just pay more money not to have to deal with them. Plus with Bell I never got the speed I was paying for. If it was their 5mbit dsl I'd get 2.5mbit tops. With videotron I pay for 50mbit down/1mbit up and I get 55mbit down 2.5mbit up.

Closed Thread