HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011 Redskins Thread

Closed Thread

Old
09-26-2011, 10:46 PM
Capitlols

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post
So you have no excuse. Just what I thought.
So your vindicating Haslett of any blame for the terrible play calling? Ok. Not a D-Hall guy, but he was not the sole reason for that play.

Old
09-26-2011, 10:47 PM
EroCaps

Grossman is Grossman.

D-Hall is the real goat of the game getting beaten by Bryant all game and that face mask.

A 2 point loss on the road. O well.

Old
09-26-2011, 10:48 PM
Bunindza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appreci8 View Post
So your vindicating Haslett of any blame for the terrible play calling? Ok. Not a D-Hall guy, but he was not the sole reason for that play.
Hall's not even in that position if not for that god awful play call. That ticks me off.

Old
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Don't be dense. Haslett ran three consecutive all out blitzes and didn't disguise anything. Terrible play calling on 3rd and 21.
I have to agree....he went to the well one too many times. I thought for sure some guys would back out into zone there....I was sure of it. But no....

Old
Capitlols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunindza View Post
Hall's not even in that position if not for that god awful play call. That ticks me off.
Bingo.

Old
EYEuhFRAYtee

And the botched FG comes back to haunt us.

Old
09-26-2011, 10:49 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Quote:
I am vindicating nothing, but I give you credit for reaching for something. Our supposed best CB got beat on a 3rd and 21, and then added 15 yards to it with a dumb *** penalty. Seem pretty cut and dry to me.

Old
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Same crap, different season.

CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

That facemask call was ticky tack at best. This loss is on our crap QB play and Offense that can't score more TDs after that Cowboys mess we saw tonight. Same old Skins, can't convert when it matters.

There was a time where this loss would have kept me up for a long time tonight. It's hard to even get mad when I expected a heartbreaker to bring everyone back to reality.

Old
09-26-2011, 10:51 PM
Capitlols

Quote:
I am vindicating nothing, but I give you credit for reaching for something. Our supposed best CB got beat on a 3rd and 21, and then added 15 yards to it with a dumb *** penalty. Seem pretty cut and dry to me.
The all out blitz failed, the exact same call for the 3rd time. It gave time for Dez Bryant to improvise. You expect D-Hall to be in coverage for that long man-to-man?

Not reaching for anything, your just not thinking straight.

Old
09-26-2011, 10:52 PM
Bunindza

Quote:
Broken play, and trying to cover what's turning out to be a really good receiver in Dez Bryant for like 15 seconds. I stress the second part much more.

Old
09-26-2011, 10:54 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Disgusted.

Old
Foy

People don't need to look at that last play to know that DeAngelo Hall is one of the worst #1 CBs of the last 30 years. He was god-awful all game.

Old
WetHog
Out to Lunch

The guy gets payed like a #1 CB, runs his mouth before the game, and does nothing of consequence all game accept get beat on a 3rd and 21 + 15 yards for a dumb *** penalty, and you have the stones to call me dense? Hilarious

Old
09-26-2011, 10:56 PM
Duke33

Quote:
Originally Posted by IafrateWasGod View Post
And the botched FG comes back to haunt us.
Not just that. The main culprit here was Shanahan's inability to put together any kind of reliable offense, even against a depleted secondary. Few if any halftime adjustments. Then you have the always reliable turnover machine at the QB position to put the game away for Dallas.

Very disappointing. Despite going up against a mistake-prone team with multiple key injuries and a hurt QB, the Redskins can't get a win.

Old
09-26-2011, 10:56 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Yeah, I can't blame Hall for that. He's one on one against a much bigger guy on an island on a broken play. The all out blitz call was wrong and telegraphed. Live by the sword die by the sword. We couldn't get to the QB with an all out blitz....end of story.

Old
09-26-2011, 10:58 PM
Capitlols

Just to be clear. D-Hall sucks in coverage. Yet Haslett ran the risk to leave him man-to-man with a very good receiver on a 3rd and looooong, with no help.

I just don't get 1) why you run the same play three times and 2) not go into coverage

Regardless, the Skins missed opportunities and we had brutal Rex today.

Old
09-26-2011, 11:00 PM
Bunindza

Quote:
The guy gets payed like a #1 CB, runs his mouth before the game, and does nothing of consequence all game accept get beat on a 3rd and 21 + 15 yards for a dumb *** penalty, and you have the stones to call me dense? Hilarious
Aside from a broken play, how many big plays by the Cowboys' offense went through Hall's man?

Old
09-26-2011, 11:03 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCup2012 View Post
Yeah, I can't blame Hall for that. He's one on one against a much bigger guy on an island on a broken play. The all out blitz call was wrong and telegraphed. Live by the sword die by the sword. We couldn't get to the QB with an all out blitz....end of story.
I can. The guy has one last chance to back up the **** he was talking prior to the game, and he failed. It would be one thing if this was a 1 time occurance, but it isn't. Not by a long shot.

I don't blame Haslet though. He thought he had the players to make that blitz call. Now it can be said the line and backers should of gotten to Romo, but there is a reason MeAngelo is payed like a #1 CB. He is suppose to deny the other teams #1 WR. Sadly he consistantly does not live up to expectations.

Old
Oldskool

3rd and 21... rush 4... prevent umbrella with the other 7. They'll pick up 5-10 yards... and have to go for a 4th and long. How ****ing hard is that?!? I swear these so called football genius are so idiotic sometimes it's amazing how they get to where they currently are.

Old
Duke33

Quote:
Just to be clear. D-Hall sucks in coverage. Yet Haslett ran the risk to leave him man-to-man with a very good receiver on a 3rd and looooong, with no help.

I just don't get 1) why you run the same play three times and 2) not go into coverage

Regardless, the Skins missed opportunities and we had brutal Rex today.
See I think the whole good rex/bad rex thing is a lot of bunk. He's always bad Rex, I mean yeah occasionally he'll have a good game or two, or a few not-so-bad ones, but he's a turnover machine, always has, always will be. He never learns from poor decisions and despite all the talk about how he'll thrive and be better under the great Shanahan's "offense", I haven't seen it yet.

There are plenty of reasons why that guy is a journeyman who bounces around, and plenty of reasons why the other 29 NFL teams ignored him during free agency.

Old
09-26-2011, 11:05 PM
Oldskool

Dude a WR will always have an advantage over a CB, unless the CB is Revis. And we know Hall is not even 1/100th of Revis. Also.. it wasn't just one blitz... it was 3 blitz in a row. When the blitz isn't even necessary given the situation.

Quote:
I can. The guy has one last chance to back up the **** he was talking prior to the game, and he failed. It would be one thing if this was a 1 time occurance, but it isn't. Not by a long shot.

I don't blame Haslet though. He thought he had the players to make that blitz call. Now it can be said the line and backers should of gotten to Romo, but there is a reason MeAngelo is payed like a #1 CB. He is suppose to deny the other teams #1 WR. Sadly he consistantly does not live up to expectations.

Old
09-26-2011, 11:05 PM
Capitlols

Haslett is absolutely atrocious at disguising blitzes. He makes it blatant for the other team to know who to pick up on blitzes.

Old
09-26-2011, 11:06 PM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

This sets up John Beck in week 5 or 6 nicely.

Old
09-26-2011, 11:07 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunindza View Post
Aside from a broken play, how many big plays by the Cowboys' offense went through Hall's man?
I'm not gonna rewind my DVR to count them up, but I know MeAngelo had multiple passes caught on his watch this game. Regardless of who anyone thinks is to blame for the loss, its a loss. And based on the recent Skins past, a loss us Skins fans have grown used to, and it pisses me off.

Closed Thread