HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

2011 Redskins Thread

Closed Thread

Old
09-26-2011, 11:11 PM
WetHog

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldskool View Post
3rd and 21... rush 4... prevent umbrella with the other 7. They'll pick up 5-10 yards... and have to go for a 4th and long. How ****ing hard is that?!? I swear these so called football genius are so idiotic sometimes it's amazing how they get to where they currently are.
The Skins luck over the last 10 years hasn't been all that good going with the "umbrella" strategy either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldskool View Post
Dude a WR will always have an advantage over a CB, unless the CB is Revis. And we know Hall is not even 1/100th of Revis. Also.. it wasn't just one blitz... it was 3 blitz in a row. When the blitz isn't even necessary given the situation.
When MeAngelo stops running his mouth, and lets his play do his talking, I will temper my negative feelings for him. Not gonna hold my breath though.

Old
09-26-2011, 11:13 PM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

09-26-2011, 11:14 PM
Duke33

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwarden View Post
This sets up John Beck in week 5 or 6 nicely.
You're probably right. The great Shanahan will probably find some way to have the Redskins bumble and stumble their way past the Rams so they'll go into the bye at 3-1...but then who knows after that....

Old
09-26-2011, 11:16 PM
WetHog

Well the Skins now have a short week to get ready for a Rams team that is struggling. This coming Sunday should tell us all we need to know about the status of the current rebuild. As Warden said, if Grossman struggles against the Rams the bye week might be the dawn of the John Beck era in DC.

And the Tony Romo love affair is in full bloom on ESPN. Thats gonna make this loss even harder to swallow.

Old
09-26-2011, 11:17 PM
sillygoose

it's so much fun reading this thread and last seasons caps GDT's. just so everyone knows this is one loss, on the road.

honestly if any of you were alive during a championship, It would be hilarious to see you guys still doom and gloom.

BTW the reason they lost the game, is their punter, from australia, who has played this game for 4 years, mishandled a field goal set up. lawl. also, why did all the haters wait until the cowboys were losing to start talking? don't call someone a terrible play caller for 1 play of 50, that seems silly no?
TL;DR you're all the same, but different teams choose to hate on. it's fun reading threads by Washington fans.

redskins didn't play great tonight, and lost by how many? shut up nay sayers, you also said this team would be lucky to win 4.

Old
09-26-2011, 11:18 PM
Capitlols
Blow it up

The Skins allowed 6 field goals. The offense was largely anemic and they botched a field goal. This really is one that got away.

Old
09-26-2011, 11:19 PM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillygoose View Post
it's so much fun reading this thread and last seasons caps GDT's. just so everyone knows this is one loss, on the road.

honestly if any of you were alive during a championship, It would be hilarious to see you guys still doom and gloom.

BTW the reason they lost the game, is their punter, from australia, who has played this game for 4 years, mishandled a field goal set up. lawl. also, why did all the haters wait until the cowboys were losing to start talking? don't call someone a terrible play caller for 1 play of 50, that seems silly no?
TL;DR you're all the same, but different teams choose to hate on. it's fun reading threads by Washington fans.

redskins didn't play great tonight, and lost by how many? shut up nay sayers, you also said this team would be lucky to win 4.
So far, they've been lucky to win 2 and had this one handed to them on a platter. The only thing that matters is championships, and every game they win this year brings them further away from one.

Old
09-26-2011, 11:21 PM
Foy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillygoose View Post

you want to pay attention to this board for 5 minutes before calling out people for jumping to conclusions? I was against DeAngelo Hall from the getgo. He is a me first player. I was against him when we brought him in dirt cheap to be our third corner back, I was against him when we gave him a massive pay raise, I was against him when he evolved to our #1 CB through attrition. He is a me-first player, and makes whatever defense he is on worse.

Old
09-26-2011, 11:24 PM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

If you were fooled by a 2-0 start into thinking this team was in any way legitimately good at football, I am speechless. You want to talk about Bruce Boudreau never winning a championship?

Rex Grossman will never win a championship as a starter.

The O-line has played better than I thought they would, and that's allowed the defense to be better with more rest.

Old
09-26-2011, 11:30 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

All mistakes are magnified in a loss...bottom line, we scored less. You figure out who to blame.

6 - Number of playoff series the Capitals have won since George McPhee took over as General Manager in 1997 (which makes him the third-longest-tenured GM in the League), three of which came in McPhee's first season on the job.
Old
09-26-2011, 11:36 PM
WetHog

If they keep playing like they did tonight they will be lucky to win 6 games. The good teams score TD's when they are given the ball on the opponents 10 yard line. The good teams put their opponents away when given the chance. The Skins did that in week 1. They could not in weeks 2 and 3. That needs to change.

Old
09-26-2011, 11:37 PM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

I have a new theory on why we won the first two games. It would have been better for the team if we'd lost them. So we won them. That simple.

Old
09-26-2011, 11:39 PM
WetHog

My hats off to the special teams coach of the 'boys, though. Probably the only coach on either team that earned his pay tonight. The 'boys kicked to Banks all night and they covered him like a blanket. Impressive display.

Old
09-26-2011, 11:47 PM
Duke33

Quote:
If you were fooled by a 2-0 start into thinking this team was in any way legitimately good at football, I am speechless. You want to talk about Bruce Boudreau never winning a championship?

Rex Grossman will never win a championship as a starter.

The O-line has played better than I thought they would, and that's allowed the defense to be better with more rest.
Games like tonight are way I've said I'm going to be skeptical of Shanahan until I see some definite progress, no matter what he did over a decade ago. Clearly there was little to no offensive plan and no adjustments that I could see. They got away with it somehow against a lousy Cardinal team but despite having almost every advantage on paper tonight, they were very ineffective.

Old
09-26-2011, 11:54 PM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

Tonight was a game good teams win. This is not a good team.

Old
09-27-2011, 12:06 AM
WetHog

Armstrong out with a bad hammy in the 2nd quarter, and Stallworth inactive. Terrance Austin saw some action, but losing a vet burner like AAA surely had a negative affect on the offense. A negative affect the Skins offense clearly cannot compensate for on the fly right now.

Old
09-27-2011, 12:12 AM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

If losing Anthony Armstrong ruins your offense, you have some serious issues.

Old
09-27-2011, 12:39 AM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

DeAngelo is calling out Haslett...character guys in the lockerroom blah blah blah....disciplined organization...boom goes the dynamite

Quote:
People when they watch on TV will say D, he got beat on the play, but you guys had zero help.

“They can say whatever the [bleep] they want to say. I could care less.

Can you just talk about when he scrambles, how hard it is to stay with Dez as long as you had to.

You ain’t supposed to have to. You ain’t supposed to have to. But, I mean, [bleep] happens.

That play worked for you guys a lot earlier in the game.

Yeah, but sooner or later somebody’s gonna [bleeping] figure it out. You don’t have to be a [bleeping] rocket scientist to figure it out after a while.

So it wasn’t a good play?

You tell me. The end result was first down.

Old
09-27-2011, 12:50 AM
Bunindza

Quote:
DeAngelo is calling out Haslett...character guys in the lockerroom blah blah blah....disciplined organization...boom goes the dynamite
Can't really argue with him, but geez, keep it in the locker room, Hall.

Old
09-27-2011, 06:57 AM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

He's right, and he's wrong.

He's right in that it's a poor call. But he's wrong in the fact that he's paid top corner money, and it's his job to make plays. He didn't, and the coach can't get out there and make them for him.

Old
09-27-2011, 09:11 AM
WetHog

The good folks at 980 were nice enough to remind me of the comments MeAngelo made after the Skins blew that 20+ lead against Houston last year. MeAngelo said it was "His" defense and he wanted to be matched against the opponents #1 reciever on every play. Say what you want about Haslet calling a blitz, but MeAngelo got what he wanted and he failed. If your gonna make a public comment that you want to be matched up against the opponents #1 reciever on every play, then you can't ***** in public you needed help when a #1 reciever makes a play on you.

The **** he spewed after the game is just that, ****. You wouldn't hear London Fletcher ranting and raving like that after the game. At this point I'd wish Shanahan cut his ***. I'd rather the Skins take their chances with Wilson, Barnes, and Westbrook as the top 3 CB's.

Old
09-27-2011, 10:40 AM
Duke33

Quote:
Nothing too suprising there either. Obviously the chemistry, leadership, etc under Shanahan isn't quite what some are hoping.

Listening to the spin talk on the radio this morning is entertaining. Two separate callers raised the excellent points on the offensive issues in the red zone, inability to beat even a seriously weakened Dallas team and were basically shouted down.

Old
09-27-2011, 11:40 AM
Capitlols
Blow it up

On the subject of WR's. I'd like to integrate the youngins(Paul, Hank, Austin, etc.), don't see the point in continually starting Gaffney and/or Armstrong.

Old
09-27-2011, 12:03 PM
Ridley Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molseed View Post
You're probably right. The great Shanahan will probably find some way to have the Redskins bumble and stumble their way past the Rams so they'll go into the bye at 3-1...but then who knows after that....
I dont think so. I smell a let down game if their ever was one. We havent played well against the Rams for the past few years....Rams are at home, and need a win badly.

I think we go down there and get drilled, especially is Steven Jackson is back for the game.

I see 2-2, and all kinds of hand-wringing going into the Eagles game. I see a losing streak on the horizon as well.

Old
09-27-2011, 01:22 PM
WetHog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
If losing Anthony Armstrong ruins your offense, you have some serious issues.
The offense is what it is, a work in progress. In regards to AAA, for the passing game to be the most effective in situations like the 2 minute drill it needs AAA on one flank to stretch the field, Gaffney on the other as the possession WR, and Moss in the slot to take advantage of mis-matches. Losing AAA for the game made the Skins passing attack a little easier for a depleted 'boys secondary to match up with. As a result we have the painful site of Grossman scrambling for more time to find an open WR, and then the more painful strip sack to end the game.

Closed Thread