Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Mixed Martial Arts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Mixed Martial Arts UFC, Bellator, HDNet Fights, WSOF, MFC, KOTC, One FC, and others

Controversy on Strikeforce: Challengers 18 card

08-13-2011, 11:54 AM
Crunch Time
vCash: 500
Controversy on Strikeforce: Challengers 18 card

Don't know if any of you guys saw this, but the next "big" female prospect "Rowdy" Ronda Rousey - the American judoka who took Bronze in the 2008 Olympics, Gold in the 2004 and 2005 Pan American Judo Championships - squared up against Sarah D'Alelio at Strikeforce: Challengers.

The full fight is here.

D'Alelio admits that the said "aaaah", and going by the unified rules of MMA, a verbal submission is a legitimate reason to stop a fight. But what is your take on the situation? Is this a justified stoppage, or is a fighter required to say something more specific such as "tap"? It seems to me that had Rousey not pulled out of it, she would have locked it in deeper and done more damage. Obviously D'Alelio was in some pain to let out the "aaaah" (lol) but it's still a bit flimsy.

Fun fact about Rousey:

She has won all 6 of her fights (3 amateur, 3 pro) by armbar in under 60 seconds.

yakitate304 is offline   Reply With Quote
08-13-2011, 12:45 PM
I thought it was BS. It was she said, she said but still bad way to win a fight.

northstarsforever is offline   Reply With Quote
08-13-2011, 06:26 PM
I am the Liquor
The Bottle letme Dwn
vCash: 1400
Hard to say unless you were in the octagon, but it didnt look like the fight should have been stopped from watching the video.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
08-13-2011, 07:13 PM
If it weren’t for me
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Rousey has had a reputation of being a bully and hurting fighters in the past.

Think she just wanted to be respectful and not really hurt the girl.

Was the stoppage bad? Absolutely. But she was going to break her arm in half either then or a bit later.

"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
I still think there should be a section of people at MSG behind the visiting bench, in curly wigs, and dark rimmed glasses, calling themselves the Pidtophiles. - Zamboner
ECL is offline   Reply With Quote
08-13-2011, 10:08 PM
WHY is he still allowed to be a ref thats not the first BS call I'm seen him make.

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote