HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

[Neo Habs Generation] Yannick Weber - The Calm Before the Storm

Old
07-26-2011, 07:58 AM
neofury*

vCash: 500
[Neo Habs Generation] Yannick Weber - The Calm Before the Storm

This is a piece I wrote on Weber, a review of his play, the ups the downs and of course the optimistic perspective on what he will do for this team. I've tried in my last article or two to add less words more to the point/fluff.

It's been a slow off-season and more Eller, Diaz, Emelin, Subban talk than Weber and I think he will shock us with his performance this year.

http://neogenhabs.blogspot.com/2011/...ore-storm.html

Hope you enjoy.

Last edited by neofury*: 08-13-2011 at 11:52 AM. Reason: New article
neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 08:58 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
One thing that I noticed, was that you mentioned P.K. and Marchand having bad blood between each other.

Brad and P.K. are actually good friends and were ex-teammates when they played for the junior Team Canada. After the big hit P.K. delivered to Marchand, Marchand texted him after the game to let him know he'd get him back with a wink and a nod.

They may have battled each other hard during the playoffs, but these two are buddies and any heat they have for each other is left on the ice.

Good article though.

Old
07-26-2011, 09:11 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
One thing that I noticed, was that you mentioned P.K. and Marchand having bad blood between each other.

Brad and P.K. are actually good friends and were ex-teammates when they played for the junior Team Canada. After the big hit P.K. delivered to Marchand, Marchand texted him after the game to let him know he'd get him back with a wink and a nod.

They may have battled each other hard during the playoffs, but these two are buddies and any heat they have for each other is left on the ice.

Good article though.
Never really knew that Thanks for informing me though

I guess it's not really bad blood then and more-so like that hit from Phaneuf on Komi in practice (Not sure if you saw that one)

Anyways regardless of that when both players put on the uniform there's always going to be bad blood, just because if you put on a habs uniform or a bruins uniform, you'll definitely know these two teams as a whole have bad blood between them

I'm going to edit and give you credit for the info, thanks

Old
07-26-2011, 09:15 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post

I guess it's not really bad blood then and more-so like that hit from Phaneuf on Komi in practice (Not sure if you saw that one)

Anyways regardless of that when both players put on the uniform there's always going to be bad blood, just because if you put on a habs uniform or a bruins uniform, you'll definitely know these two teams as a whole have bad blood between them

Goes to show you how fans are really out of the loop.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 09:18 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Goes to show you how fans are really out of the loop.
Honestly I just never knew. I follow the game pretty closely but don't always pick up on every detail. Just a guy who likes to write about the Habs!

Regardless though when Subban puts on that habs uniform and Marchand puts on that Bruins one, there's no doubt in my mind that these two become enemies on the ice for 60 minutes!

Old
07-26-2011, 09:18 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:

CBC covered it during an intermission report. Really cool story actually. But I agree, once you put on different jerseys, your best of friend or even your own brother becomes your enemy.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 09:22 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
CBC covered it during an intermission report. Really cool story actually. But I agree, once you put on different jerseys, your best of friend or even your own brother becomes your enemy.
There's the problem cause I never watch CBC I'm always an RDS guy.

If CBC started airing more Habs games and got some actual Habs analysts I'd be happy. I just can't stand Cherry though even if he just does it all for ratings.

Old
07-26-2011, 09:25 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
There's the problem cause I never watch CBC I'm always an RDS guy.

If CBC started airing more Habs games and got some actual Habs analysts I'd be happy. I just can't stand Cherry though even if he just does it all for ratings.
In general I find English language sports coverage to be pretty bad.

The worst for me was the Rolland Garros final this year. Every time Federer hit two strokes in a row, "this is the federer of old", and every time he missed two in a row, "This is the federer of the last couple years". Also at the Wimbledon final I heard a half dozen times that Djokovic had cut gluten from his diet.

Pierre McGuire is cut from the same cloth.

DAChampion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 09:32 AM
Gros Bill

Should be "fateful" days he was drafted, not "faithful". Otherwise, nice write-up.

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 10:00 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
Should be "fateful" days he was drafted, not "faithful". Otherwise, nice write-up.
Thanks never knew that Will also make that change. I'm sure you'll find some curiously timed commas here and there too, I'm far from the best writer just doing this stuff because I'm habs obsessed

Old
07-26-2011, 10:05 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
Funny, I just started writing a book and it's called Leap of fate, instead of Leap of faith, but for a good reason, it's central to the subject of the book. I got the idea because people often mix faith and fate.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 10:08 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Thanks never knew that Will also make that change. I'm sure you'll find some curiously timed commas here and there too, I'm far from the best writer just doing this stuff because I'm habs obsessed
Fate is what happens to you, destiny...

Faith is belief.

Fate = destin
Faith = la foi/loyauté

Old
07-26-2011, 10:10 AM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

A shame the NHL would not attempt to use Subban in their marketing plan, unless the NHL head office waits until Subban is more experienced.

Mathradio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 10:38 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Funny, I just started writing a book and it's called Leap of fate, instead of Leap of faith, but for a good reason, it's central to the subject of the book. I got the idea because people often mix faith and fate.
People often mix up faith with a lot of things.

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 10:47 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Fate is what happens to you, destiny...

Faith is belief.

Fate = destin
Faith = la foi/loyauté
Yeah that I knew but I guess I just never put two and two together is all

Now thinking back I realize just how silly a mistake it is to make.

Old
08-13-2011, 11:53 AM
neofury*

Bump for:

Yannick Weber - The Calm Before the Storm
http://neogenhabs.blogspot.com/2011/...ore-storm.html

Old
08-13-2011, 12:22 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

I love Weber. When we eventually trade him and he becomes a superstar I will be the first to give a smug I told you so.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2011, 12:38 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKOTW View Post
I love Weber. When we eventually trade him and he becomes a superstar I will be the first to give a smug I told you so.
If we trade him it would likely be because he has a ton of value. Personally I think he can be the perfect compliment to Markov on the PP. Watching that first goal he did is the kind of jump up play that Markov could make a crisp pass for. In both of his goals he had pretty high offensive IQ imo. He went right to the right place. He should have probably played more than 3 games.

Old
08-13-2011, 01:55 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Yannick Weber is the living proof that the majority posting on HF know jack **** about player development.

Old
08-13-2011, 02:45 PM
Bullsmith

This is a huge year for Weber. For all the knocks he takes, JM has broken a lot of good young D into the league. Some have never played better than they did under him. I hope this is the year Weber earns a regular top six slot. He's on the fence going in, IMO.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2011, 06:18 PM
macavoy

vCash: 243
Decent read, one suggestion for the future, try to give some reasoning behind your opinion. What exactly is it about him / his play / his personality that makes you think he will do what you say.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2011, 06:56 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Decent read, one suggestion for the future, try to give some reasoning behind your opinion. What exactly is it about him / his play / his personality that makes you think he will do what you say.
I like his offensive instincts and think he'd be a dynamite RD with Markov. Plus being that we saw most of his production towards the end of the year I think it's a good sign, this year he'll probably produce at that pace sooner.

I'm trying to keep it shorter and more to the point

Kid just needs some PP time.

Last edited by neofury*: 08-13-2011 at 07:13 PM.
Old
08-13-2011, 07:34 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKOTW View Post
I agree with you, people tend to forget that the kid had 10 PP goals in the AHL before his call up.

He will play on the first or second PP unit on the right side and give him a little more time to grow and develop and I think we're in for a good surprise.

I just want to see Martin give these young kids a chance to gain confidence. You don't bench them when they make a mistake, this is where we miss Muller's relationship with the team.

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2011, 08:08 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
I like his offensive instincts and think he'd be a dynamite RD with Markov. Plus being that we saw most of his production towards the end of the year I think it's a good sign, this year he'll probably produce at that pace sooner.

I'm trying to keep it shorter and more to the point

Kid just needs some PP time.
Weber doesn't have the defense to play 5 on 5 with Markov although they could work together on the PP if they wanted to. You wouldn't be doing Weber a favour by playing him with Markov anyway, best spot is as a soft minutes 3rd pairing guy like last year where he acquited himself very well.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2011, 08:14 PM
Et le But

LJW really surprised me last season. I never paid much attention to him before and based on everything I heard I assumed he was projected to be a Swiss MAB at best, but he was much more well rounded than I expected and his results against Boston speak for themselves.

I think he can develop into a decent defender, he's weak and won't be a shutdown guy by any means but he showed last season that he's both smart and committed, and his offense got better as the year went off. I expect his shot to be a serious weapon this year.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote