HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Oiler-Flyer Trade Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
08-09-2004, 09:01 PM
Asiaoil

vCash: 500
Oiler-Flyer Trade Proposal

To Philly: Eric Brewer

To Edmonton: Jeff Carter and Dennis Seidenberg

Maybe a pick in there somewhere to make one of the GMs happy - what do the Philly fans think?

Old
08-09-2004, 09:04 PM
Rex88

Flyers get screwed.
Carter is a blue chip scoring center with size and Dennis is an offensive minded D man who is still young.
Yes Brewer is a good player but that is not good value for the Flyers.

Old
08-09-2004, 09:07 PM
oil slick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex88
Flyers get screwed.
Carter is a blue chip scoring center with size and Dennis is an offensive minded D man who is still young.
Yes Brewer is a good player but that is not good value for the Flyers.
I agree with you... Too much for the Flyers to give up.

Old
08-09-2004, 09:09 PM
Asiaoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil slick
I agree with you... Too much for the Flyers to give up.
Brewer for Carter straight up make anyone feel better? Not sure I like it from the Oilers perspective because Carter hasn't proven anything yet at the pro level.

Last edited by Asiaoil: 08-09-2004 at 09:21 PM.
Old
08-09-2004, 09:21 PM
Vyse64
N64

Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
can't we stop with edmonton-philly proposals btw its nice how i haven't seen a edmonotn-ottawa proposal in a whle too

Old
08-09-2004, 09:29 PM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asiaoil
To Philly: Eric Brewer

To Edmonton: Jeff Carter and Dennis Seidenberg

Maybe a pick in there somewhere to make one of the GMs happy - what do the Philly fans think?

No thanks from a Flyers perspective.

Old
08-09-2004, 11:29 PM
not quite yoda

Although I realy do like Carter and thinkj that Brewer is overrated, this deal wouldn't fill any of the Oilers' needs. EDM is far from a complete team. They just drafted Schremp, Pouliot and Niiymakki (sp?) in the last3 drafts. They are all offensive centermen type prospects. Carter, although very good, is superfluous at this point. They would be better off going after a different profile at this point.

Old
08-09-2004, 11:46 PM
Law Dawg

Considering how high Philly management is on Jeff Carter (with good reason) I don't see him as being included in any trade. Seidenberg and some change for Brewer might be closer to reality, but Brewer means a heck of a lot to the Oilers so I don't see them trading him unless they get a really good deal back, starting with a top notch replacement for Brewer on the blueline and probably a sniper .....

Old
08-09-2004, 11:54 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

When do Amonte's and Leclair's contracts expire? If they end after this season, I think I got a good counter-proposal to this.

Old
08-09-2004, 11:58 PM
Hemsky4PM

Didn't we already rob the Flyers this year...

Schremp, Woywitka and another pick for Comrie...

That said, this proposal is definatley in Edmonton's favour. Edmonton doesn't need another scoring center prospect that badly. They'd definately want d-help back in any Brewer trade. Seidenberg...no thanks.

Old
08-10-2004, 12:23 AM
Vyse64
N64

Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller
When do Amonte's and Leclair's contracts expire? If they end after this season, I think I got a good counter-proposal to this.
don't even say Ryan Smyth

Old
08-10-2004, 12:43 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky4PM
Didn't we already rob the Flyers this year...
Yes, yes we did
Suffice to say, Sean Burke, Branko Radivojevic and the rights to Ben Eager isn't worth Woywitka, Schremp and a third. Heck, you probably couldn't get a GM to give up a third for Burke as that salary is rediculous. And obviously, Eager is no Woywitka, and I dont' know anybody who would give up Schremp for Branko.

anyways, The Oilers would be as uninterested in Carter/Seidenberg for Brewer as I'm sure the Flyers would be uninterested. The Oilers don't need another center prospect and Dman prospect for their number one Dman.

08-10-2004, 12:55 AM
Larry Fisher
HFB Partner

If the Flyers were seriously interested in Brewer and the Oilers were seriously interested in improving in the near future then this deal could make sense.

To Edmonton: Simon Gagne

To Philadelphia: Eric Brewer and Horcoff or return the 3rd from the Comrie deal

Gagne played center in the Q and at the WJC so the transition wouldn't be nearly as painful as the Smyth experiment last year.
Personally I would much rather bring in Gagne, who recently excepted the Flyer's qualifying offer, at Brewer's expense than I would simply sign Nedved for more $$$.

The proposal seems fair to me value wise and would undoubtedly help both teams in the short and long term.

Bobby Budday consider this the dotted line ...........................................!

Old
08-10-2004, 01:18 AM
blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
Yes, yes we did
Suffice to say, Sean Burke, Branko Radivojevic and the rights to Ben Eager isn't worth Woywitka, Schremp and a third.
Um, the Flyers made that trade to improve the team for a run at the Cup. Schremp and Woywitka weren't going to help the Flyers at all last season. You can't say for sure the Flyers would've drafted Schremp if they kept the pick either.

Old
08-10-2004, 01:21 AM
blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by salostyle
If the Flyers were seriously interested in Brewer and the Oilers were seriously interested in improving in the near future then this deal could make sense.

To Edmonton: Simon Gagne

To Philadelphia: Eric Brewer and Horcoff or return the 3rd from the Comrie deal
No offense, but that makes no sense whatsoever for the Flyers.

Old
08-10-2004, 01:46 AM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

This is pretty unlikely. A lot of teams would pay highly for Brew but the Flyers aren't one of them. Look at the Flyers D - do they really need help?
They look pretty solid to me

Now Columbus, Pittsberg, Chicago, and Washington maybe interested if we are looking to move Brewer. And they all have some nice young assets that might interest Lowe.

Old
08-10-2004, 02:04 AM
blah

After the season Desjardins and Ragnarsson are both UFA. I'm sure if the right offer presented itself the Flyers would be interested. Smith might be a better fit for them though. He'd probably cost less and would fit in nicely with Johnsson and Markov going forward.

Old
08-10-2004, 07:21 AM
FlyersProspect2

Send a message via AIM to FlyersProspect2
Flyers have no reason to make that deal. Both could be starts this season(if there is one)

Old
08-10-2004, 07:27 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 50
every since Clarke traded 1st,2nd,3rd rounderes and MAx Ouliette for Oates--nothing that nutcase does anymore suprises me

Old
08-10-2004, 07:48 AM
Law Dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark
every since Clarke traded 1st,2nd,3rd rounderes and MAx Ouliette for Oates--nothing that nutcase does anymore suprises me
Last season he had one of those moments with the Woywitka for Comrie deal. The Flyers didn't need another centre at the time, Comrie ended up spending time as a fourth line winger before being moved. That deal seemed to make little sense and the Oilers turned a disgruntled brat into a decent defensive prospect .....

Old
08-10-2004, 08:00 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Yes, yes we did
Suffice to say, Sean Burke, Branko Radivojevic and the rights to Ben Eager isn't worth Woywitka, Schremp and a third. Heck, you probably couldn't get a GM to give up a third for Burke as that salary is rediculous. And obviously, Eager is no Woywitka, and I dont' know anybody who would give up Schremp for Branko.
Phoenix is picking up half of Burke's salary. They will also pick up half of the buyout if the Flyers choose to excersise that option.

Old
08-10-2004, 08:23 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 50
I hope the oilers take iot slow with Shrempt

Old
08-10-2004, 08:35 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Yes, yes we did
That's because the mistake people make the mistake at not looking at the trade objectively. You can't say whether or not the Oilers would have drafted Schremp with their first 1st rounder if they didn't have the one from the Flyers, or if the Flyers would have even drafted Schremp at all.

Other GM's would give up a 1st for Eager (since the Coyotes drafted him there) and a 3rd next year for Sean Burke (which is about what he's worth). While Radivojevic (a regular in the NHL) for Woywitka (an AHL d-man thus far who will get a shot, but we don't know how he will continue to develop) is a big wild card and doesn't look like a fair trade off (I don't think so either). However, it does save the Flyers some money because Radivojevic (not even $700K) doesn't make nearly as much as Woywitka (rookie max+)

Old
08-10-2004, 09:58 AM
Gwyddbwyll

Eager is not worth a 1st. You're forgetting he was drafted late in a very poor quality year.

Old
08-10-2004, 11:21 AM
mercury

The deal for Comrie was a little one-sided, admittedly. But then again, the package we got back for him was decent, as Jeff "Positional Vertigo" Hackett couldn't finish the season. The Oilers made out like bandits, but that set of trades was nothing like the Oates deal.

Closed Thread