HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 Traverse City Prospects Tournament Roster

Old
09-03-2011, 03:19 AM
ohbaby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
only problem is that Sam Rosen wont be there..

id love Sam and JD for the Blues game bring back old times...

http://www.snyrangersblog.com/2011/0...y-on-msg-info/

im glad they are televising the games but i do have a question, why aint the Islanders Flyers or Devils in this?? id love if the Rangers prospects were able to play Devils and other rivals in this tournament....
This is Detroits prospect camp originally. All the other 7 teams in the tournament are invited by them.

Here's a history of Traverse City..... http://rangers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=587486

Last edited by ohbaby: 09-03-2011 at 06:34 AM.
ohbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 03:42 AM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 2940
I love that Maloney will be communicating more throughout the game. I much rather have him be our next play-by-play guy rather than Giannone (it seems as if Giannone's who they want next).

09-03-2011, 05:44 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

To me, this tournament is less of a benchmark than WJC, WC or preseason. The quality of players is higher in those tournaments because WC and the preseason include NHLers, while WJC has only the best prospects (except on the weakest teams).

Playing against a roster full of a single team's prospects is like playing against Team Belarus. You will have one or two ready prospects, two or three more talented but green prospects, a few future role players, and the rest are crap.

Lets not get overexcited if Thomas, Kreider, etc score a lot.

Beacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 06:26 AM
ohbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
To me, this tournament is less of a benchmark than WJC, WC or preseason. The quality of players is higher in those tournaments because WC and the preseason include NHLers, while WJC has only the best prospects (except on the weakest teams).

Playing against a roster full of a single team's prospects is like playing against Team Belarus. You will have one or two ready prospects, two or three more talented but green prospects, a few future role players, and the rest are crap.

Naturally this is much weaker than the World Juniors. But it has become an annual stepping stone for the prospect's development. A chance to measure themselves against each other,... rather than in training camp where they would be overshadowed by veterans. Giving them more confidence stepping up to the next level. Stepan took this route last year and made the team. Not to mention Dubi, Cally, AA, and others in previous years.

Kreider will not attend. Classes start at BC.

ohbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 06:39 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohbaby View Post
Naturally this is much weaker than the World Juniors. But it has become an annual stepping stone for the prospect's development. A chance to measure themselves against each other,... rather than in training camp where they would be overshadowed by veterans. Giving them more confidence stepping up to the next level. Stepan took this route last year and made the team. Not to mention Dubi, Cally, AA, and others in previous years.

Kreider will not attend. Classes start at BC.

Considering how much time I spent reading complaints about Kreider "planning to stay in college until he's 50", you'd think I'd remember it. Maybe it was too early in the morning on a Saturday.

I agree that it's an important benchmark, but I just wanted to make sure people don't go crazy over some hat trick against second rate prospects.

Beacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 09:02 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

As per Kevin Delury:

Quote:
I've received some questions about who will be broadcasting the Traverse City Tournament on MSG and the Rangers are now reporting that John Giannone will handle the play-by-play duties with Joe Micheletti serving as color commentator. Dave Maloney will be the rinkside reporter.

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 09:07 AM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
As per Kevin Delury:

Better then nobody, they could have just gone cheap and had a camera on the game with nobody there.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 09:10 AM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
As per Kevin Delury:

Oh Jesus.

He is so bland and boring when he does play-by-play.

I really hope he isn't the one to replace Sam Rosen.

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 09:13 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68MGQR10 View Post
Oh Jesus.

You just put a really bad thought in my head... god I can't imagine Sam being replaced one day by Giannone. omg omg omg.

Get Maloney up there. They should switch Giannone and Maloney, let GianNOne do the rinkside reporting.

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 09:21 AM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
You just put a really bad thought in my head... god I can't imagine Sam being replaced one day by Giannone. omg omg omg.

Get Maloney up there. They should switch Giannone and Maloney, let GianNOne do the rinkside reporting.
That's a good idea... Giannone seems more of a "matter-of-fact" type of person who only does reporting.

Old
09-03-2011, 09:32 AM
FLYLine24*

One week away till Rangers hockey!! SO PUMPED

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 10:18 AM
GAGLine

Quote:

Maloney has never done play-by-play. He's always been a color guy. When he started, he was absolutely brutal, but he's improved over the last couple years. I don't think he'll ever be a play-by-play guy.

GAGLine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 10:59 AM
eco's bones

Rangers and St. Louis looked to be the best teams in their group. They play against each other first. Whoever wins that game should wind up as the top team in that group. Campbell is going to have to pull rabbits out of hats for Dallas to do well. Both Carolina and them have a lot of unsigned/undrafted players and weren't really deep to begin with. Columbus maybe has the best team (more guys with AHL experience and 6 of the top 7 players in HF's player rankings)--Detroit and Buffalo look pretty strong--Minnesota not so good.

eco's bones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 11:21 AM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Rangers and St. Louis looked to be the best teams in their group. They play against each other first. Whoever wins that game should wind up as the top team in that group. Campbell is going to have to pull rabbits out of hats for Dallas to do well. Both Carolina and them have a lot of unsigned/undrafted players and weren't really deep to begin with. Columbus maybe has the best team (more guys with AHL experience and 6 of the top 7 players in HF's player rankings)--Detroit and Buffalo look pretty strong--Minnesota not so good.
Our weakness in goal is probably enough to take us out of the running for first place.

iamitter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 11:56 AM
JimmyStart*

I keep wondering about Yogan. I think he coulkd really come in and make a name for himself. If he doesn't get hurt last year he showed some real good things that makes me think hereally wants to outlive his draft position. Plus hisposition plummeted from st round b/c he had a pooryear with an undiagnosed shoulder issue. Gotta imagine he's positively dying to play well.

Thomas, McI Hagelin, Erixon, Miller. Given I can't wait tosee themplay.

Interested to see St. Croix, Marches, and prob another 1 or 2 i'm leaving out.

Our D really doesn't look good to me though...scratch that itdoes look good with some AHLers on there it just doesn't look interesting to me

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 12:34 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyStart View Post
I keep wondering about Yogan. I think he coulkd really come in and make a name for himself. If he doesn't get hurt last year he showed some real good things that makes me think hereally wants to outlive his draft position. Plus hisposition plummeted from st round b/c he had a pooryear with an undiagnosed shoulder issue. Gotta imagine he's positively dying to play well.

Thomas, McI Hagelin, Erixon, Miller. Given I can't wait tosee themplay.

Interested to see St. Croix, Marches, and prob another 1 or 2 i'm leaving out.

Our D really doesn't look good to me though...scratch that itdoes look good with some AHLers on there it just doesn't look interesting to me
I am very excited for our defense. I doubt there's a bigger group in the tournament. In regards to AHLers, Parlett should be our top defenseman, along with Erixon. I love that their's fighting. Noreau and McIlrath should be dropping the mitts a few times.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 12:53 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post

Yeah, it of course becomes more of, I wouldn't say all-star, but prospect game type of tournament. Almost scrimmage like. Coaches naturally have very low ambitions in terms of X&Os.

Pts and mistakes from Ds doesnt really mean much -- good plays does.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 01:36 PM
Muh
Beadle

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitThePost30 View Post
One week away till Rangers hockey!! SO PUMPED
Came here to post this, I am so excited to watch these games.

Muh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 01:46 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68MGQR10 View Post
Oh Jesus.

I was just as bummed when Sam replaced Jim Gordon. Wonder if MSG would ever comtemplate poaching Howie Rose after Sam..

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 02:21 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
I am very excited for our defense. I doubt there's a bigger group in the tournament. In regards to AHLers, Parlett should be our top defenseman, along with Erixon. I love that their's fighting. Noreau and McIlrath should be dropping the mitts a few times.
I could see McIlrath challenging someone if there was a big hit against one of his teammates or a dirty hit, but I don't think he will fight if simply just challenged for the sake of fighting.... I remember last year he didn't drop the gloves under those circumstances....

wolfgaze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 03:07 PM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPY HOUR View Post
I was just as bummed when Sam replaced Jim Gordon. Wonder if MSG would ever comtemplate poaching Howie Rose after Sam..
I would go for that. Howie is a Rangers fan after all.

Zil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 03:10 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPY HOUR View Post
Do you think that Sam or Jim is better?

Old
09-03-2011, 05:10 PM
PromNite
Armed Android

Send a message via AIM to PromNite
So glad I have NHL Network for this. Can't wait!

Adam Tensta's from the 163
PromNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 05:58 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
I could see McIlrath challenging someone if there was a big hit against one of his teammates or a dirty hit, but I don't think he will fight if simply just challenged for the sake of fighting.... I remember last year he didn't drop the gloves under those circumstances....
I was originally going to specify that in my first post, but I was too lazy. I had noticed it from watching his youtube fights and Gordie Clark even said it. McI only fights if he is standing up for a teammate or himself. Love it.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 06:14 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
I was originally going to specify that in my first post, but I was too lazy. I had noticed it from watching his youtube fights and Gordie Clark even said it. McI only fights if he is standing up for a teammate or himself. Love it.
McIlrath is one of my favs. He's like, super duper awesome

Silence Of The Plams is online now   Reply With Quote