HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 Traverse City Prospects Tournament Roster

Old
09-04-2011, 06:35 AM
ohbaby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
Considering how much time I spent reading complaints about Kreider "planning to stay in college until he's 50", you'd think I'd remember it. Maybe it was too early in the morning on a Saturday.

I agree that it's an important benchmark, but I just wanted to make sure people don't go crazy over some hat trick against second rate prospects.
The world tourneys are a much better benchmark,.. which is why Kreider is rated our top prospect. Fact is,..he hasn't done much in college play to earn his high rating.

But being Traverse Citys tournament is always scheduled just prior to training camp, it's a great stepping stone for the youngsters. And if they stand out in the tournament, they generally have a good shot in making the big club.

ohbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 07:08 AM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68MGQR10 View Post
Do you think that Sam or Jim is better?
My first memories of hockey start with Jim, and I loved his style of play by play. Quick and sharp. He is def my fav.

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 08:06 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohbaby View Post
The world tourneys are a much better benchmark,.. which is why Kreider is rated our top prospect. Fact is,..he hasn't done much in college play to earn his high rating.

But being Traverse Citys tournament is always scheduled just prior to training camp, it's a great stepping stone for the youngsters. And if they stand out in the tournament, they generally have a good shot in making the big club.
It's amazing to think about when Staal, Duby, Cally, Arty, etc... all played in Traverse City. It just makes you feel that there are definitely going to be some guys (Thomas, McIlrath, Yogan perhaps) that end up making the Rangers roster as impact players. Yogan, although a different style of play, reminds me of Callahan as a darkhorse to make this team and one day be an impact player.

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 12:55 AM
ohbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
It's amazing to think about when Staal, Duby, Cally, Arty, etc... all played in Traverse City. It just makes you feel that there are definitely going to be some guys (Thomas, McIlrath, Yogan perhaps) that end up making the Rangers roster as impact players. Yogan, although a different style of play, reminds me of Callahan as a darkhorse to make this team and one day be an impact player.
As far as the Rangers prospects go in this tournament,.. I don't think there will be any surprises. Thomas who played here last year with Stepan, will most likely shatter Step's Rangers point scoring record (8 pts) which he set last year. He's got 4 games to get 9 pts, which should be a cinch for him. Having played before in Michigan goes along way. Last year was Step's second time at Traverse City also. I feel Thomas will stand out above the rest.

Another who will excel in this tournament will be Erixon. Been playing with the men in Sweden. Also played in the mens WC. His experience will shine through. He should be very noticeable on D.

Thomas and Erixon will have a great showing in this tournament, and hopefully through training camp.

And I'll bet Stumpy and Jan, their dads, will be in the stands watching.

Another honorable mention is Dylan McIlrath. He most likely will be even more noticeable than Erixon, due to his size, strength and playing style. But the Rangers have decided to bring him along slowly, like they did with Marc Staal. He is destined to return to the juniors for at least another year. Without a doubt, our future #1 shut down D man. Move over Marc.

Last edited by ohbaby: 09-05-2011 at 08:09 AM.
ohbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 12:22 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohbaby View Post
As far as the Rangers prospects go in this tournament,.. I don't think there will be any surprises. Thomas who played here last year with Stepan, will most likely shatter Step's Rangers point scoring record (8 pts) which he set last year. He's got 4 games to get 9 pts, which should be a cinch for him. Having played before in Michigan goes along way. Last year was Step's second time at Traverse City also. I feel Thomas will stand out above the rest.

Another who will excel in this tournament will be Erixon. Been playing with the men in Sweden. Also played in the mens WC. His experience will shine through. He should be very noticeable on D.

Thomas and Erixon will have a great showing in this tournament, and hopefully through training camp.

And I'll bet Stumpy and Jan, their dads, will be in the stands watching.

Another honorable mention is Dylan McIlrath. He most likely will be even more noticeable than Erixon, due to his size, strength and playing style. But the Rangers have decided to bring him along slowly, like they did with Marc Staal. He is destined to return to the juniors for at least another year. Without a doubt, our future #1 shut down D man. Move over Marc.
thats a whole lotta pressure on Thomas...to beat a kid who made the NHL right outta camp and had a pretty damn impressive rookie season? id be very happy if Thomas scores at a PPG rate.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 01:00 PM
Miller Time NYR
Wrong^

Anyone know roughly what the lineup should shake out to be by line?

Miller Time NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 01:06 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerdanger20 View Post
Anyone know roughly what the lineup should shake out to be by line?
Nobody can really do anything but guess, but the prospect of a Hagelin-Miller-Thomas top line seems tempting.

Bourque, Yogan, McColgan would make a nice 2nd line and after that, St. Croix is really the only forward of interest.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 01:36 PM
Alphacat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLU Hockey View Post
Nobody can really do anything but guess, but the prospect of a Hagelin-Miller-Thomas top line seems tempting.

Bourque, Yogan, McColgan would make a nice 2nd line and after that, St. Croix is really the only forward of interest.
I would really like to see what Yogan would be able to do on the top line. But yes, Thomas and Hagelin are definitely the most likely top line wingers.

Alphacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 02:34 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

5 Days!!

First time many of us will see our top prospects in action, this is really going to be a treat

Who is going to stand out?
Who is going to step up?
Who is going to crack under the pressure?

These and many more questions will be answered!

(yes im very excited!!)

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 02:43 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLU Hockey View Post

I think Jason Wilson can bring some offense to the table. He'd be very effective with two of our more skilled players, and it will also spread out the talent.

ColonialsHockey10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 02:45 PM
Alphacat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
I think Jason Wilson can bring some offense to the table. He'd be very effective with two of our more skilled players, and it will also spread out the talent.
I like the sound of Wilson Yogan McColgan

Old
09-05-2011, 03:02 PM
NYR Viper

Marchessault and Bourque can create offense as well.....

Bourque-Miller-Thomas
Hagelin-Yogan-McColgan
Marchessault-St. Croix-Wilson
Grant-Jordan-McNaught
Hicmottt-Kerbashian

Erixon-McIlrath
Ceresnak-Parlett
Baldwin-Bowman
Noreau-Niemi

Just a guess.....

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 03:15 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Stajcer is awful, and predictably the third and 4th lines, as well as the 3rd pair D is very suspect.

But this is a prospects tourney so that is not exactly a deal-breaker. I think our kids have a good shot this year.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 04:10 PM
Alphacat

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post

Bourque-Miller-Thomas
Hagelin-Yogan-McColgan
Grant-Jordan-McNaught
Hicmottt-Kerbashian

Erixon-McIlrath
Ceresnak-Parlett
Baldwin-Bowman
Noreau-Niemi

Just a guess.....
I would switch Parlett and Niemi.

Old
09-05-2011, 06:06 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post

Bourque-Miller-Thomas
Hagelin-Yogan-McColgan
Grant-Jordan-McNaught
Hicmottt-Kerbashian

Erixon-McIlrath
Ceresnak-Parlett
Baldwin-Bowman
Noreau-Niemi

Just a guess.....
Top Rangers brass probably drooling over that.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 06:39 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZS913 View Post
I would switch Parlett and Niemi.
Last season, Parlett quietly worked his way up from the ECHL and started to play VERY well in the AHL the same exact way Girardi did.

He is a better prospect right now than Niemi is.

And yeah, the Erixon-McIlrath pairing should be the best in the tournament...

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 07:03 PM
E Nixson