HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Summer Prospect Poll #10

View Poll Results: Who is #10?
Zach Budish 2 5.88%
Matt Halischuk 11 32.35%
Jusso Puustinen 0 0%
Miikka Salomaki 1 2.94%
Magnus Hellberg 3 8.82%
Michael Latta 10 29.41%
Taylor Aronson 0 0%
Chase Balisy 0 0%
Jani Lajunen 1 2.94%
Gabriel Borque 3 8.82%
Charles Oliver Roussel 0 0%
Patric Cehlin 1 2.94%
Garrett Noonan 0 0%
Jeremy Smith 0 0%
Chet Pickard 2 5.88%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-14-2011, 04:37 PM
  #1
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,246
vCash: 500
Summer Prospect Poll #10

#1: Jon Blum 73%
#2: Ryan Ellis 45%
#3 Roman Josi 59%
#4. Taylor Beck 33%
#5. Mattias Ekholm 33%
#6. Anders Lindback 38%
#7. Craig Smith 56%
#8. Blake Geoffrion 43.3%
#9. Austin Watson 52%

Top 6 Spaling is offline  
Old
08-14-2011, 06:45 PM
  #2
I Will Son
An Army of One
 
I Will Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,970
vCash: 500
Latta

I Will Son is offline  
Old
08-14-2011, 07:35 PM
  #3
Everlong
Franchise Pillar
 
Everlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,319
vCash: 500
Halischuk.

Everlong is offline  
Old
08-15-2011, 04:00 AM
  #4
Vujtek
Registered User
 
Vujtek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,039
vCash: 500
As on outsider I'm surprised you guys ranked Craig Smith over Blake Geoffrion. Sure Smith is a fast rising prospect but Geoffrion has been every bit as impressive. Hobey Baker finalist in his final year in college. Almost PPG as a rookie in AHL before establishing himself as NHL'er and showing a good scoring touch with the limites minutes he received. By all counts Geoffrion had really impressive rookie season as a pro and am suprised to see Smith ranked ahead of him.

Vujtek is offline  
Old
08-15-2011, 05:36 AM
  #5
I Will Son
An Army of One
 
I Will Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vujtek View Post
As on outsider I'm surprised you guys ranked Craig Smith over Blake Geoffrion. Sure Smith is a fast rising prospect but Geoffrion has been every bit as impressive. Hobey Baker finalist in his final year in college. Almost PPG as a rookie in AHL before establishing himself as NHL'er and showing a good scoring touch with the limites minutes he received. By all counts Geoffrion had really impressive rookie season as a pro and am suprised to see Smith ranked ahead of him.
I agree, me personally havent voted for Halischuk/Geoffrion because i would have early on but they were not on the poll till recent ones.

I Will Son is offline  
Old
08-15-2011, 06:31 AM
  #6
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 17,178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vujtek View Post
As on outsider I'm surprised you guys ranked Craig Smith over Blake Geoffrion. Sure Smith is a fast rising prospect but Geoffrion has been every bit as impressive. Hobey Baker finalist in his final year in college. Almost PPG as a rookie in AHL before establishing himself as NHL'er and showing a good scoring touch with the limites minutes he received. By all counts Geoffrion had really impressive rookie season as a pro and am suprised to see Smith ranked ahead of him.
You mean Hobey Baker Winner, right?

I think most believe Geoffrion will be a career third liner, I think he's going to be a bit better than that. Smith probably does have a higher ceiling though.

triggrman is offline  
Old
08-15-2011, 06:52 AM
  #7
Vujtek
Registered User
 
Vujtek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,039
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
You mean Hobey Baker Winner, right?

I think most believe Geoffrion will be a career third liner, I think he's going to be a bit better than that. Smith probably does have a higher ceiling though.
Totally forgot he won the Award. Even better then.

I thought Geoffrion showed to be a potential top-6'er last year. Didn't he? Hobey Baker winner, almost PPG in AHL as a rookie, showing good scoring touch and establishing himself as NHL'er as a rookie. I'd say that's a potential top-6 forward. I don't think Smith has shown a lot more to say he'd have higher potential than that. Then again I've only seen him in the WC and only a few games and highlights from Geoffrion (and he happened to have a hat trick in one of the games I saw) so I'm not the best to rank these guys. But I would have thought Smith needs more than a good WC tournament and good rookie camp to jump ahead of Geoffrion in your prospect rankings.

Anyways you sure have great group of prospects.

Vujtek is offline  
Old
08-15-2011, 08:14 AM
  #8
AtlantaWhaler
Moderator
Thrash/Preds/Sabres
 
AtlantaWhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 11,341
vCash: 500
Since there was that article suggesting that Miikka Salomaki was the best second round pick this year, I'll go with him.

AtlantaWhaler is offline  
Old
08-15-2011, 09:40 AM
  #9
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 17,178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vujtek View Post
Totally forgot he won the Award. Even better then.

I thought Geoffrion showed to be a potential top-6'er last year. Didn't he? Hobey Baker winner, almost PPG in AHL as a rookie, showing good scoring touch and establishing himself as NHL'er as a rookie. I'd say that's a potential top-6 forward. I don't think Smith has shown a lot more to say he'd have higher potential than that. Then again I've only seen him in the WC and only a few games and highlights from Geoffrion (and he happened to have a hat trick in one of the games I saw) so I'm not the best to rank these guys. But I would have thought Smith needs more than a good WC tournament and good rookie camp to jump ahead of Geoffrion in your prospect rankings.

Anyways you sure have great group of prospects.
I think a lot of Blake. Love his work ethic and his nose for scoring around the goal so I hope you're right!

triggrman is offline  
Old
08-15-2011, 10:44 AM
  #10
Soundgarden
Registered User
 
Soundgarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 6,233
vCash: 562
I wonder who voted Pickard, and why?

Soundgarden is offline  
Old
08-15-2011, 11:22 AM
  #11
lstcyr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
I wonder who voted Pickard, and why?
I did. I'm not voting for Geoffrion or Halischuk because I don't consider them prospects. I did vote for Pickard because I think he has the potential to be a starting NHL goaltender. This year will tell but I think he has the talent.

lstcyr is offline  
Old
08-15-2011, 01:04 PM
  #12
I Will Son
An Army of One
 
I Will Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Since there was that article suggesting that Miikka Salomaki was the best second round pick this year, I'll go with him.
Do you know where it is, id love to read it. If not its cool

I Will Son is offline  
Old
08-15-2011, 01:19 PM
  #13
AtlantaWhaler
Moderator
Thrash/Preds/Sabres
 
AtlantaWhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 11,341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
Do you know where it is, id love to read it. If not its cool
International Scouting Services: Best draft picks by round

Quote:
Round 2

Miikka Salomaki - The second round had a lot intriguing picks. Rocco Grimaldi falling to the Panthers was one and the Blues taking a chance on the mysterious, but talented Dmitri Jaskin was another, but the best pick of the second round was when Nashville took Salomaki 52nd overall. Salomaki is a player who just screams Barry Trotz. He can do a bit of everything and is extremely difficult to play against. His physicality and two-way competitiveness allow him to create chances that aren't always pretty, but get results. Great pick by the Preds.
http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...-by-round.html

AtlantaWhaler is offline  
Old
08-15-2011, 01:52 PM
  #14
Soundgarden
Registered User
 
Soundgarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 6,233
vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by lstcyr View Post
I did. I'm not voting for Geoffrion or Halischuk because I don't consider them prospects. I did vote for Pickard because I think he has the potential to be a starting NHL goaltender. This year will tell but I think he has the talent.
Thanks, just wondering.

Soundgarden is offline  
Old
08-15-2011, 03:04 PM
  #15
I Will Son
An Army of One
 
I Will Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
International Scouting Services: Best draft picks by round



http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...-by-round.html
Thanks!

I Will Son is offline  
Old
08-15-2011, 07:08 PM
  #16
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,246
vCash: 500
Is it runoff time?

Top 6 Spaling is offline  
Old
08-15-2011, 08:19 PM
  #17
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
Is it runoff time?
Yeah, I think the winner gets No. 10 and the loser No. 11 then we can move on to No. 12...

Seth Lake is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:12 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.