HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Montreal Gazette: Andrei Kostitsyn has got to go (PHX, NYI, COL, NSH)

Old
08-16-2011, 09:54 PM
ManOnTheMoon
Hejdas Gonna Hejd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnybullit4390 View Post
Galiardi never Got more then 39 point so doesn't work Ak at all and Quincey is overrated and he didn't play the owl year... Plus he's making more then 3 million so no thank
Both are on expiring contracts though. And if anything, Quincey is underrated. He's a good role player, just not a core guy you build around. But I say just remove the fluff in the deal. What I had mentioned was Galiardi and a Wilson/Porter/Yip level guy for just AK.

ManOnTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2011, 09:59 PM
KaraLupin
카라

Trading in division ban is BS.

If he will know stuff about the team, the team will know stuff about him, it all equals out.

Price knows every shot AK has ever taken.

KaraLupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2011, 10:01 PM
kasper11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginovegas View Post
if the line stays healthy AK will give us 25 to 30 goals

so start by replacing that
He has never scored 30 and has only reached 25 once. The guy is 26 and entering his 5th full season. At what point do you stop talking about potential and realize he is what he is?

kasper11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2011, 10:30 PM
PAZ

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginovegas View Post
if the line stays healthy AK will give us 25 to 30 goals

so start by replacing that
To bad AK said he wants out so he won't be getting what you think is fair value. No team is desperate for a top 6 winger to do a 1:1 value when they know he's unhappy + a UFA next year.

PAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2011, 10:32 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cstriker045 View Post
To bad AK said he wants out so he won't be getting what you think is fair value. No team is desperate for a top 6 winger to do a 1:1 value when they know he's unhappy + a UFA next year.
Where did ak say he wants out ? Said he's unhappy with Martin.

He's a 20 goal scorer soon-to-be UFA, though, so he won't get a 25-30 goal scorer. He'll get either a prospect and a mid round pick, or a less player who brings either more toughness, or a longer contract at a good rate. Not Rostislav ****ing Olesz.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2011, 10:36 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

I think he'll be a Hab to start the season. After that, I guess it depends how things go for him.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 10:18 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
I'm glad you're not Montreal's GM because you just managed to turn a deal that was heavily in favor of the Habs and turned it into one that's easily in Chicago's advantage.
Really...I don't think so, that was not in our favor has much has you think. Olesz has been brutal and bring nothing to the table we couldn't get in our system and the only thing coming back that was interesting was Olsen and a first. It was in theory Olsen + first and a bad contract. Not bad but not heavily in our favor.

I'll admit that my counter offer was a steep price but Bickell to me is JM's type and I would love him here. Olsen is a promising all round Dman and with some great size too and could be a develop in Hamilton for a year or 2.
We give up Kristo who is our top prospect but he is to me one that won't make the NHL anytime soon. Weber is Weber, a promising top 4 with defensive coverage issue,to good to be a reserve but not strong enough to play regular. Our first is the cherry on top and should be a mid round to a late 1st....and then there is AK, the main piece, I don't see the issue here.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 10:39 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
What ? Everybody knew one of Halak, or Price was gone.

From Nashville 1 of

Zach Buddish, Taylor Beck, or Austin Watson would be of interest. However, I've stopped following them since the draft and not sure if they're developing, or stalled.

Though, if he were to be dealt to Nashville it would be for something we don't need, like Ryan Ellis.
again, no chance you get a top prospect for a guy one year from UFA.

with us you'd likely get a draft pick or maybe a lower level prospect.

if thats not good enough we would just wait until next summer and get him as a UFA

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 10:43 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
I think it means more to Nashville, they've made a big deal about having a Nashville kid who came up through local hockey on the team. I'd be shocked if they included him in any trades.

I'd offer Matt Halischuk and a second...same price that NJ paid for Arnott, except Hali has gone from unproven prospect to solid NHLer with upside to be even better.
I would make the pick provisional on re-signing.

if he re-signs, a second is fair to go with Hals, but if all we get is one year then Hals is more than enough payment

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 10:47 AM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tairy Greene View Post
i think he means that for a rival in their division, they would need to overpay. so they don't have to see AK 6 times a year
Seriously? He's not a good enough player to worry about a divisional trade. 2nd line wingers aren't worth a top 9 player and a 1st.

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 10:54 AM
Clipitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
I would make the pick provisional on re-signing.

if he re-signs, a second is fair to go with Hals, but if all we get is one year then Hals is more than enough payment
I'm fairly confident AK can turn it around (attitude-wise, because in terms of his play, he's definitely been good last year) and Habs will be hanging on to him.

If you're interested in acquiring him which you seem to be either propose something fair or don't bother. You will never, ever get AK for a fringe 3rd liner, decent 4th liner and a conditional pick, that is almost insulting!

Clipitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 11:41 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

I reduce the Nashville offer to a second and a third that turns into a fifth if he doesn't re-sign. We keep Halischuk. Keep AK if you want him. Don't keep him if you don't. No more roster players. Sorry if that's insulting to you.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 11:48 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I reduce the Nashville offer to a second and a third that turns into a fifth if he doesn't re-sign. We keep Halischuk. Keep AK if you want him. Don't keep him if you don't. No more roster players. Sorry if that's insulting to you.
It's not insulting, it's comical.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote