HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Schremp to Modo, Sweden.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-10-2011, 04:59 AM
  #1
21
Peter The Great
 
21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,866
vCash: 500
Schremp to Modo, Sweden.

Schremp to Modo, Sweden.
http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...cle13446536.ab

Modo's leadership this season:
GM: Mats Naslund
Assistant GM: Peter Forsberg
Coach: Ulf Samuelsson


21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 05:07 AM
  #2
Pavelec4MVP
MVP! MVP! MVP!
 
Pavelec4MVP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 30,793
vCash: 50
Cant even get a nhl job anymore.
What a fall

Pavelec4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 08:57 AM
  #3
Qorvus
Registered User
 
Qorvus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 114
vCash: 500
Not sure if Google is translating this part correctly, but it made me chuckle:

Schremp - as reminiscent of Linus Omark - went in the first round of the NHL drafter in 2004 has become known as a player who makes the circus on ice.

Qorvus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 09:18 AM
  #4
Damascus
Registered User
 
Damascus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 512
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qorvus View Post
Not sure if Google is translating this part correctly, but it made me chuckle:

Schremp - as reminiscent of Linus Omark - went in the first round of the NHL drafter in 2004 has become known as a player who makes the circus on ice.
At least Omark can play hockey though.

Damascus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 09:31 AM
  #5
missedthejets
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 45
vCash: 500
no problem - c ya later!

missedthejets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 11:03 AM
  #6
Fregus
Modo Hockey
 
Fregus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 743
vCash: 500
**** yeah! Is this kid any good?

Fregus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 11:57 AM
  #7
Pavelec4MVP
MVP! MVP! MVP!
 
Pavelec4MVP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 30,793
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fregus View Post
**** yeah! Is this kid any good?
he is so good he has been through 3 NHL teams in 5 years and at 25 years old cant get a gig with an NHL team

__________________
Most Valuable Player
Most Valuable Player

Most Valuable Player
Most Valuable Player
Pavelec4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 12:29 PM
  #8
Tdoe42
Registered User
 
Tdoe42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 1,116
vCash: 500
As a FORMER Oiler fan I can say this is just the same thing that is gonna happen to almost all of Kevin Lowe era players. They never had a system in place to develop their talent and so many promising prospects went to waste.

Thats why im Proud too be a Jets fan because I actually have Faith in team Ownership/management now

Tdoe42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 12:30 PM
  #9
headsigh
leave at once!
 
headsigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Atlanta
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 9,857
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fregus View Post
**** yeah! Is this kid any good?
Not really. He's got great hands, but low hockey IQ and his skating is below-average.

headsigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 12:42 PM
  #10
Le Golie
...
 
Le Golie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,715
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fregus View Post
**** yeah! Is this kid any good?
Not in the NHL. He's garbage.

No hockey sense and slow. No awareness or responsibility out there.

I'll be somewhat interested to see how he will do in Sweden on the big ice. It may help as he has magical hands when he was the time and space to use them. He doesn't have that space here. He might do well there though.

Le Golie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 04:01 PM
  #11
Fregus
Modo Hockey
 
Fregus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 743
vCash: 500
Hopefully, he'll tear it up in the SEL.

Fregus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 04:59 PM
  #12
Yukon Joe
Registered User
 
Yukon Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: YWG -> YXY -> YEG
Posts: 1,342
vCash: 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fregus View Post
**** yeah! Is this kid any good?
No. The Jets waived / cut him almost as soon as the new managers took over. In fact it was probably before we even knew their name was Jets.

Yukon Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 09:23 PM
  #13
AndersUlfBobby
All Systems Go
 
AndersUlfBobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,664
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon Joe View Post
No. The Jets waived / cut him almost as soon as the new managers took over. In fact it was probably before we even knew their name was Jets.
The Jets did not give him a qualifying offer by the June 28 deadline. Intentionally.

AndersUlfBobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2011, 02:10 PM
  #14
wKetch22
Pure Grime
 
wKetch22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NH/NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,608
vCash: 191
I loved him on the Islanders... Hes fun too watch even if he isnt great, wish he stayed in the NHL

wKetch22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2011, 11:43 AM
  #15
dj4aces
Registered User
 
dj4aces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,892
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
A stint in Sweden may help him. Best of luck.

dj4aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2011, 11:49 AM
  #16
Hybbe
Registered User
 
Hybbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,081
vCash: 500
Honestly, I think he'll do great in the SEL. What ultimately made him a bad fit for the NHL is his slow decision making and he'll be given a lot more time on big ice. His puck skills are sublime, but his skating may still cause him some trouble, even in a "lesser" league.

A few of my friends are modo fans and they're stoked about the signing.

Hybbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2011, 12:15 PM
  #17
Ziggy66
Registered User
 
Ziggy66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Killarney, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,387
vCash: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Golie View Post
Not in the NHL. He's garbage.

No hockey sense and slow. No awareness or responsibility out there.

I'll be somewhat interested to see how he will do in Sweden on the big ice. It may help as he has magical hands when he was the time and space to use them. He doesn't have that space here. He might do well there though.
whoa whoa whoa he isnt garbage. Anyone that makes the NHL is a great hockey player. His +/- is bad just like Bogos and we dont call him garbage. He averaged .47 pts a game and Fehr is only at .40 and we dont consider fehr garbage...........just saying. He may not of lived up to his hype in the draft but that doesnt make him a garbage player.

Ziggy66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2011, 02:27 PM
  #18
OFD
Metal Thrasing Mad
 
OFD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 812
vCash: 500
He's got the right tools and skill, he just needs to work on his hockey sense, skating can improve too.
I think he will do just fine for Modo

OFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2011, 02:41 PM
  #19
Winnipeg Jets
Lucky #7
 
Winnipeg Jets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Selkirk
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,189
vCash: 1580
I bet he'll be back in the NHL soon enough. He's got some skill.

Winnipeg Jets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2011, 02:51 PM
  #20
Le Golie
...
 
Le Golie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,715
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy66 View Post
whoa whoa whoa he isnt garbage. Anyone that makes the NHL is a great hockey player. His +/- is bad just like Bogos and we dont call him garbage. He averaged .47 pts a game and Fehr is only at .40 and we dont consider fehr garbage...........just saying. He may not of lived up to his hype in the draft but that doesnt make him a garbage player.
In my beer league, he'd be awesome. In a European league with big ice, he might be awesome. In the NHL he is garbage.

I watched 85% of his games over the last two years. There's a reason why the Islanders waived him, the Jets let him walk and no other NHL team signed him as a free agent. He can't play in this league, even with the most shallow of teams at the bottom of the standings.

He gets points, lots of skilled players can get points but still be terrible NHL players. Schremp was one of them. Great skill, garbage NHL'er.

Le Golie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2011, 03:15 PM
  #21
Ziggy66
Registered User
 
Ziggy66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Killarney, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,387
vCash: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Golie View Post
In my beer league, he'd be awesome. In a European league with big ice, he might be awesome. In the NHL he is garbage.

I watched 85% of his games over the last two years. There's a reason why the Islanders waived him, the Jets let him walk and no other NHL team signed him as a free agent. He can't play in this league, even with the most shallow of teams at the bottom of the standings.

He gets points, lots of skilled players can get points but still be terrible NHL players. Schremp was one of them. Great skill, garbage NHL'er.
Ya....nope lol. I agree to disagree. based on production with the Islanders he was decent. He didnt have a good run at atlanta that is forsure. Maybe with some more improvment he will be even better but you cannot call him garbage, I mean we might as well call Bogo garbage 3 years with bad production and a horrible +/-.

He only played 7 games with the oilers during this first three years but racked up 171 pts in 216 games in the AHL . In the NHL he had 54pts in 114 games.

I will grant that I havnt watched 85% of his games. When I did see him play he didnt stand out as bad or good but just mediocre.

I guess all I am saying is that he produced, not overally but he did better then most being ranked 284th for points out of 800+ players. Maybe he will polish up his game but he certainly isnt a garbage player.

Ziggy66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2011, 03:36 PM
  #22
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant
 
Gump Hasek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,733
vCash: 1350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy66 View Post
Ya....nope lol. I agree to disagree. based on production with the Islanders he was decent. He didnt have a good run at atlanta that is forsure. Maybe with some more improvment he will be even better but you cannot call him garbage, I mean we might as well call Bogo garbage 3 years with bad production and a horrible +/-.

He only played 7 games with the oilers during this first three years but racked up 171 pts in 216 games in the AHL . In the NHL he had 54pts in 114 games.

I will grant that I havnt watched 85% of his games. When I did see him play he didnt stand out as bad or good but just mediocre.

I guess all I am saying is that he produced, not overally but he did better then most being ranked 284th for points out of 800+ players. Maybe he will polish up his game but he certainly isnt a garbage player.
The comparison to Bogosian is a poor one given that Bogo at age 21 has played nearly twice as many NHL games versus a 25 year old Schremp.

Schremp was a cumulative minus 23 over two partial seasons with the Islanders. He was on the ice for far more goals against than he was when his team scored. His slow foot speed, poor decision making with the puck, and an inability to focus upon the defensive side of the game is the reason why he is no longer in the NHL.

He has shootout skills, yes. This isn't the NFL though where one can trot out a one-dimensional specialist like Garo Yepremian to kick a field goal. You need more than one tool in the box in order to survive in the NHL due roster size limitations.

Gump Hasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2011, 03:52 PM
  #23
Ziggy66
Registered User
 
Ziggy66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Killarney, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,387
vCash: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
The comparison to Bogosian is a poor one given that Bogo at age 21 has played nearly twice as many NHL games versus a 25 year old Schremp.

Schremp was a cumulative minus 23 over two partial seasons with the Islanders. He was on the ice for far more goals against than he was when his team scored. His slow foot speed, poor decision making with the puck, and an inability to focus upon the defensive side of the game is the reason why he is no longer in the NHL.

He has shootout skills, yes. This isn't the NFL though where one can trot out a one-dimensional specialist like Garo Yepremian to kick a field goal. You need more than one tool in the box in order to survive in the NHL due roster size limitations.
I was just throwing bogos name out there as a general example of a player highly rated who is having a tough +/- and production, obviously their situations are a bit different but other examples we could use is Horcoff, Staios, Macarthur 09-10, Bozak.

I guess my main peeve is calling a player garbage when they are not. Its one thing saying they didnt have a good year etc..... Just my POV.

Ziggy66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2011, 04:28 PM
  #24
Le Golie
...
 
Le Golie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,715
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy66 View Post
I was just throwing bogos name out there as a general example of a player highly rated who is having a tough +/- and production, obviously their situations are a bit different but other examples we could use is Horcoff, Staios, Macarthur 09-10, Bozak.

I guess my main peeve is calling a player garbage when they are not. Its one thing saying they didnt have a good year etc..... Just my POV.
When I say garbage I mean unwanted, no value, no longer needed, unnecessary and easy to discard. Rob Schremp is a fine minor league hockey player but he's a garbage NHLer.

I don't know if I saw him win a battle in two years. He's dumb with the puck and can't keep it simple or make the right play. He was possibly the slowest forward in the league, his first three steps are terrible. No jump whatsoever. And when you are that slow you'd think he'd at least be smart enough to think the game but he's also clueless out there when he doesn't have the puck.

When you get waived by the Isles, let go by the Jets and unsigned by the 28 other NHL teams, I'd say he fully meets my definition of a garbage player and I will stand by that until Rob Schremp comes back to the NHL and contributes to a team winning.

Le Golie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2011, 04:31 PM
  #25
Pavelec4MVP
MVP! MVP! MVP!
 
Pavelec4MVP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 30,793
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Golie View Post
When I say garbage I mean unwanted, no value, no longer needed, unnecessary and easy to discard. Rob Schremp is a fine minor league hockey player but he's a garbage NHLer.

When you get waived by the Isles, let go by the Jets and unsigned by the 28 other NHL teams, I'd say he fully meets my definition of a garbage player and I will stand by that until Rob Schremp comes back to the NHL and contributes to a team winning.
This was the first thing I thought of.
If this islanders... the team that signed Dipietro to a 500 year contract cuts you....
there is something wrong with you.

Pavelec4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:05 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.