HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

League of Legends

Closed Thread

Old
04-12-2012, 11:10 PM
Towers
Is it on Origin?

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Towers
That depends on your play style and your team comp. I play with friends and tend to play either support characters like sona and taric. Or I play solo top with ad characters like garen or riven.

Old
04-13-2012, 12:37 AM
contour

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by peon View Post
I managed to play one pvp game and one game against intermediate. I won both.

I found the PvP game a lot easier. I went 7/1/6, destroyed 4 turrets and 4 inhibitors.

What would be good Champions that I should purchase? I have Ashe, Garen, Kayle at the moment.
Yi. Yi, Tryndamere are good characters to play, if you don't mind being called unskilled for playing them. Ashe isn't that good anymore unfortunately. There are many more champs that do better than her in almost every way. I would go with Ezreal, he's pretty fun, though he may cost a lot of IP. I see you don't really have a support or pure AD melee (Garen's alright). Tryndamere or Alistar are not bad. A lot of people like playing Teemo as well (imo. Teemo takes the least skill in this game. Other than the Q ability, the other abliities are all passive or are not aimed for teamfights, therefore, it's just right click.).

My first character I bought from LoL was Orianna. I continuously used the free champs they gave and saved up enough for her. Still one of my favourite champs. So fun. It's like playing 2 champs at once, all the time.

Old
04-13-2012, 02:36 AM
vippe

Send a message via MSN to vippe
Quote:
I managed to play one pvp game and one game against intermediate. I won both.

I found the PvP game a lot easier. I went 7/1/6, destroyed 4 turrets and 4 inhibitors.

What would be good Champions that I should purchase? I have Ashe, Garen, Kayle at the moment.
I think you should try Gangplank. He's 4800 ip and pretty easy to play even though kind of hard to master. He's got good creeping ability, nice escape ability, good sustain and is easy to get kills with.

Old
04-13-2012, 11:27 AM
Tubby Tuke
Drafting my Overalls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towers View Post
That depends on your play style and your team comp. I play with friends and tend to play either support characters like sona and taric. Or I play solo top with ad characters like garen or riven.
I usually end up playing solo or with 1-2 friends so I don't really like to play a support (but give me good suggestions and I'll unlock in case I ever need) because generally in games I've played people just rage at support characters unless you're either a) a pro team (and I mean 5-8 guys get together, practice almost every day or every weekend) or b) a bunch of great friends/communicators.

I bought Gangplank and I think Alistar so far, hopefully I'll get the others soon. I'll try them out against AI first.

As for the reason I like Ashe: I like the ranged attacking and she is pretty much the only ranged character that I'm comfortable with at the moment. I guess I should look more closely at the free, rotating lineup and find a ranged character out of them.

Also someone needs to show me how the Mastery/Rune stuff works. I just pumped points on the Mastery for damage for now. I'm level 9.

Old
04-13-2012, 12:16 PM
KpopandHockey
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I usually end up playing solo or with 1-2 friends so I don't really like to play a support (but give me good suggestions and I'll unlock in case I ever need) because generally in games I've played people just rage at support characters unless you're either a) a pro team (and I mean 5-8 guys get together, practice almost every day or every weekend) or b) a bunch of great friends/communicators.

I bought Gangplank and I think Alistar so far, hopefully I'll get the others soon. I'll try them out against AI first.

As for the reason I like Ashe: I like the ranged attacking and she is pretty much the only ranged character that I'm comfortable with at the moment. I guess I should look more closely at the free, rotating lineup and find a ranged character out of them.

Also someone needs to show me how the Mastery/Rune stuff works. I just pumped points on the Mastery for damage for now. I'm level 9.
I main support and haven't found that people rage at me any more than playing another position. People in this game just like to rage a ton and you can't really escape it. My best champion is support Alistar, if you like him you should try supporting with him. He's very very strong and aggressive for support. I prefer that type of support play style compared to Sona or Soraka.

You can also absolutely wreck teams during team fights with the amount of CC you dish out and you don't need to build yourself very tanky with his ult. Just be aware when the ult is about to run out because you will die if you stay in damage with no ult as sup Alistar.

Don't bother with runes yet, save your IP till you can buy the really expensive ones.

Old
04-13-2012, 12:26 PM
Towers
Is it on Origin?

Yeah no runes until level 20. It's a waste of IP otherwise.

I play the characters I do because of the team comps I tend to find myself in.

Rarely do people want to Jungle or Support I find so I just play those roles.

I'm a terrible jungler though. I would say I'm a decent(ish) support.

Old
04-13-2012, 03:42 PM
Tubby Tuke
Drafting my Overalls

Is there a good place to go to look at what items I should buy for each character and playstyle?

Old
04-13-2012, 03:53 PM
vippe

Send a message via MSN to vippe
Quote:
Is there a good place to go to look at what items I should buy for each character and playstyle?
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le..._type=Champion

There you can look at guides for every hero.. just order from score and you will get decent enough guides. Some is very in depth aswell

Old
04-13-2012, 04:20 PM
Towers
Is it on Origin?

Mobafire is good but I prefer Solomid's guilds.

http://solomid.net/guides.php?champ=...d=0&featured=1

Mobafire is definitely a good place to get started though.

Old
04-13-2012, 07:27 PM
CptxMorgan
Dangerzone

Quote:
Mobafire is good but I prefer Solomid's guilds.

http://solomid.net/guides.php?champ=...d=0&featured=1

Mobafire is definitely a good place to get started though.
Yeah, I stick to Solomid. Remember though, strictly following a guide won't give you the best build for any given situation. You have to adapt to the enemy team as best as you can.

Old
04-13-2012, 10:11 PM
Tubby Tuke
Drafting my Overalls

Sometimes single queue can be frustrating. I played 2 pvp matches, won 1, lost 1.

Some people just shouldn't PvP, period. The game I lost I went 21/5/2. That's most kills on any team. I had the most gold of any team. I basically had to hop between lanes because top or bottom would almost always collapse if I was gone longer than 1-2 minutes. And by collapse I mean losing a turret + almost losing a second. Edit: and for the longest time there were 2 players in mid losing to 1 guy. I mean wow. If it's not working - maybe one of them could switch to top or bottom or something?

As for strictly following a guide, yeah I went with the solomid one and am trying to memorize what to do vs. what I come up against.

I'm not saying I'm something special but the incompetence was amazing. I think we had 2 guys die before minions reached halfway.

Old
04-18-2012, 09:54 PM
syz
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

I just had to combine away all those free Razer movement speed quints from last year before I knew about Hecarim, didn't I?

Old
04-20-2012, 11:38 PM
Buddio
CFC

vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by syz View Post
I just had to combine away all those free Razer movement speed quints from last year before I knew about Hecarim, didn't I?
You should have never gotten rid of them, those quints are really good.

Old
04-21-2012, 03:33 PM
contour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddio View Post
You should have never gotten rid of them, those quints are really good.
Movement Quints are the best if you can't afford every Quint. They're applicable to every character in the game and can make a big difference in almost every situation. For character that have horrible base movement speed, like Vladmir, Movement Quints can buff them up from being slow as ****, to Normal.

Old
04-21-2012, 03:44 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

I downloaded this, couldn't get into a game, and deleted it.

Old
04-21-2012, 04:47 PM
Towers
Is it on Origin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
I downloaded this, couldn't get into a game, and deleted it.
It's for the best. The community would have eaten you alive.

Old
04-22-2012, 12:31 AM
contour

Quote:
League of Legends community isn't even bad. It's quite soft actually. There are games with communities that are way worst.

Old
04-22-2012, 01:21 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
If they haven't eaten you alive yet, I'm sure I'd be quite okay.

Old
04-24-2012, 12:42 AM
Lizard King*

Whoever's down to play a game add me

IGN: LizardKing32

My elo's 1214 mainly cause I haven't played ranked in a while played 4 games in the passed two days to try to get it up. Won 2 lost 2.

Last game I went 6/7 after starting 3/0.

My team had 7 kills. Team mate scores were 0/5 1/10 0/8 0/9. Kinda the reason I get frustrated playing ranked lol.

Old
04-24-2012, 12:24 PM
chopkins
Super Bowl Champs

I played DOTA religiously a decade ago. I never even heard of League of Legends until a month ago when a friend mentioned it. I never even knew what it was about until I just read this thread.

Sounds like the perfect game for me. I'll probably jump in after the weekend. (GW2 BETA!)

Old
04-24-2012, 12:55 PM
DeadGator401

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanchion for MVP View Post
I played DOTA religiously a decade ago. I never even heard of League of Legends until a month ago when a friend mentioned it. I never even knew what it was about until I just read this thread.

Sounds like the perfect game for me. I'll probably jump in after the weekend. (GW2 BETA!)
I didn't play dota, but I've played Dota2 a decent amount lately. I'm a decent LoL player and I can tell you, the difference from League to DotA is amazing. DotA just seems so much more unforgiving.

Throw me an add any of you new guys IGN BushGator

I've been playing BF3 a lot lately, but I'd be down for some games, and I'll offer help anyway I can.

Old
04-24-2012, 03:54 PM
Towers
Is it on Origin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
If they haven't eaten you alive yet, I'm sure I'd be quite okay.
The difference being I'm a good PC gamer.

Old
04-24-2012, 04:32 PM
Inub0i
I will Q

Send a message via AIM to Inub0i Send a message via MSN to Inub0i Send a message via Skype™ to Inub0i
Though I am terrible, I find Anivia really fun to use. She's my main, and I hear she's brutally difficult to master.

Old
04-24-2012, 06:14 PM
Bengui

IGN Bengui, lvl 24 jungler (mainly Skarner), if anyone's interested.

Old
04-25-2012, 06:02 AM
contour

Quote:
The difference being I'm a good PC gamer.
Doesn't matter if you're a good gamer or not. In every video game, there are just a group of idiots.

Closed Thread