HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

League of Legends

Closed Thread

Old
12-17-2012, 04:22 PM
ca phe sua da
Why not Zoidberg?

vCash: 1000
just just started playing this a week ago... it's very addictive but others are always ripping on me because I keep dying (even though I'm trying not to). I'm most comfortable with Ashe right now because she's easy to build as long as I keep remembering to last hit the minions and not run into turrets.

Old
12-17-2012, 05:49 PM
vippe

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to vippe
The LoL community is pretty awful.. it's probably the worst one I've been involved in and I have played online games for 15 years.

Havnt really been playing enough of the new patch to evaluate it but as for now... quite meh.. got problems with the new design and items.. probably take some time before I get used to it.

Old
12-19-2012, 02:17 PM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

Quote:
Originally Posted by vippe View Post
The LoL community is pretty awful.. it's probably the worst one I've been involved in and I have played online games for 15 years.
DotA 2 community is even worse. And the original DotA public games had absolutely the worst team chats ever.

Old
12-19-2012, 03:07 PM
contour

Quote:
Originally Posted by vippe View Post

Havnt really been playing enough of the new patch to evaluate it but as for now... quite meh.. got problems with the new design and items.. probably take some time before I get used to it.
Really? The LoL community is very nice compared to the dota community and other online games.

And I agree, hate the new patch. I don't like the new shop, and I miss my heart of gold

Old
12-19-2012, 04:40 PM
Go For It

Quote:
Originally Posted by contour View Post
Really? The LoL community is very nice compared to the dota community and other online games.

And I agree, hate the new patch. I don't like the new shop, and I miss my heart of gold
Once I got used to it, I think I like the new shop much more than the old one. I really miss HoG as well. Honestly, I kind of liked the double gp/5 junglers. Speaking of which, picked up Olaf today. He absolutely wrecks the jungle and his ganks are pretty good if you can land his Q, but damn, he's so mana hungry.

Old
12-19-2012, 05:53 PM
vippe

Send a message via MSN to vippe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helpoing View Post
DotA 2 community is even worse. And the original DotA public games had absolutely the worst team chats ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by contour View Post
I did play TONS of Dota and it didnt come close to this whiny one in LoL, granted it was many years ago now and the new generation of gamers is certainly whinier than some 5-10 years ago. Only played 20-30 games of Dota 2 so I havnt got the biggest selection but not once did anyone whine anything close to a standard LoL game.

Every single time when there's a player who has a bad game a ****storm of bad words and negativity and requests to report him for all kind of things. It's more of a rule that someone is starting to whine 10 minutes in to a game than not.. Perhaps it's a EU West thing..

Of all the games I've played lots of hours online on in my life LoL would be the absolute worst and no one comes close to it. Other communities would be Warcraft 2 on Kali, Starcraft and Broodwar on Bnet, Warcraft 3 and The Frozen Throne on Bnet, CS, QW, Diablo 2 and Diablo 3 on Bnet.

Old
02-01-2013, 05:41 PM
Bengui

Aaaaaaand the noobisation of LOL has begun ! (or worsened, depending on your POV).
Elo hidden behind an sc2-like league ******** system, total losses not shown.... GJ to the retards complaining about the elo system, you won.

Old
02-01-2013, 06:06 PM
Loose Sens
Drafting my Overalls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengui View Post
Aaaaaaand the noobisation of LOL has begun ! (or worsened, depending on your POV).
Elo hidden behind an sc2-like league ******** system, total losses not shown.... GJ to the retards complaining about the elo system, you won.
It shows your games and wins though (G-W=L)... it would be nice if it did that for individual champs though.

IDK I don't mind it, I like having a small ladder where I can view my progress. Unfortunately because I don't have a lot of time - my elo decayed and I got placed in Silver Tier 1.

Old
02-01-2013, 08:48 PM
chasespace

Never really payed much attention to LoL but I have been hearing more and more about it lately and watched some games on IGN's IPL channel and was interested enough to download it. Are there any good tutorials to help me learn the game so I'm not absolutely terrible the first time I play it?

Old
02-20-2013, 05:15 AM
cody275
HFBoards Sponsor

Got into it a few months ago but got more active recently, still have a lot to learn but I feel like I'm starting to make some progress now though.

If anybody wants to play anytime feel free to add me, same name as here.

Old
02-20-2013, 10:26 AM
ca phe sua da
Why not Zoidberg?

I finally got the hang of farming. People are pretty rude, but it gets better as you level up. I've noticed that the players I'm playing with and against aren't as good as they used to be (or maybe I'm just getting better)

Old
02-20-2013, 11:26 AM
Loose Sens
Drafting my Overalls

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasespace View Post
Never really payed much attention to LoL but I have been hearing more and more about it lately and watched some games on IGN's IPL channel and was interested enough to download it. Are there any good tutorials to help me learn the game so I'm not absolutely terrible the first time I play it?
Just do the tutorial, play that 1 game with and against bots.

After that play against beginner bots.

Eventually once you hit some level in the teens, you might want to transition over to PvP

Once you hit 30 you'll probably see a team set up like this:

1 guy in top lane, usually a melee, tankier champ

1 guy in mid lane who usually buys Ability Power and who selects a champ that has skills that scales with AP

1 guy in the jungle - he kills jungle creeps and he'll try to help his laners kill enemy champs by ganking them

2 guys in bottom lane, 1 is ADC (Attack Damage Carry), 1 is support. Basically the ADC buys items that give him Attack Damage, Armor Penetration and Attack Speed and the player just auto attacks and tries to avoid dying. In late game you're basically the biggest damage dealer on your team.
The support basically tries to keep the ADC alive, get him kills so he gets 'fed' (powerful) so he can carry.

Other than that just make sure you're constantly moving, start learning what each champion can do (so you know how to play against it) - I'm not saying memorize each champ before you go into game but maybe do a quick google search while people are loading or if you lose to that champion in a game, google it after - find out what the abilities are.

When you play against real people, wards are important. A lot of players start with a ward(s), but definitely by the time people recall to restock and power up with items -> almost everyone will get at least 1 ward.

A lot of wards go into the river on Summoner's Rift to protect against the enemy jungler ganking them. Some of them go into the brush in top/bottom lanes though just in case the jungler goes through that though.

Learn to last hit minions for gold. I'd recommend doing this in custom games instead of bot games because bots are aggressive as hell for some reason.

And in the tutorials in League of Legends it will constantly remind you to stay behind your minions (so you don't take damage from enemy minions), don't take tower shots by going in ahead of your minions. Always important to do this, especially at lower levels.

If you want to PM me your in game name and I'll add you and if we're ever on at the same time I can duo-queue with you and help you out. I'm not great but I could give you an idea of the basics.

Old
02-22-2013, 02:08 AM
Go For It

Does anyone else watch the LCS games? Love watching TSM, Crs, CLG, and EG play.

Old
02-22-2013, 04:28 AM
syz
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 50
How hard are they going to hit Hecarim next patch? Cause this guy is bananas at the moment.

Old
02-22-2013, 03:52 PM
Teezax

Been playing myself quite a while, do mostly bot games and only play ranked/normals with friends. Nothing worse than investing 45 mins to an hr with afkers or whiners.

I play every character and have a ton of experience. Been mostly jungling as well lately with Nocturne, Hecarim, Diana and Rengar.

Hit me up for some fun times.

Summoner Name: r3lic

Last edited by Teezax: 02-22-2013 at 04:07 PM.
Old
02-22-2013, 04:13 PM
SonicY
Ad hominem

Quote:
Originally Posted by syz View Post
How hard are they going to hit Hecarim next patch? Cause this guy is bananas at the moment.
God, I truly hope they don't hit him at all. He has been my main for going on a year now. With Spirit of the Elder Lizard and Iceborn Gauntlet, he is absolutely ridiculous. Nerf those items, instead of Heca's skills.

Old
02-22-2013, 04:28 PM
Bengui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax View Post
Been playing myself quite a while, do mostly bot games and only play ranked/normals with friends. Nothing worse than investing 45 mins to an hr with afkers or whiners.

I play every character and have a ton of experience. Been mostly jungling as well lately with Nocturne, Hecarim, Diana and Rengar.

Hit me up for some fun times.

Summoner Name: r3lic
you have "a ton of experience" but play bots ?
That aint right

Old
02-27-2013, 06:17 PM
Playerwinner

Quote:
There going to balance him out a little, improve his early game jungle, and weaken his aoe heal lategame.

Old
02-28-2013, 05:51 PM
ca phe sua da
Why not Zoidberg?

why do people insist on rushing IE on Garen? I've now encountered several players that build IE first as opposed to starting with something actually health related

Old
03-01-2013, 02:01 AM
Playerwinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Prez View Post
why do people insist on rushing IE on Garen? I've now encountered several players that build IE first as opposed to starting with something actually health related
You will see things like this a lot less once you hit level 30 and get a decent normal elo, they insist on doing it because they just don't know better. But ya the only time Garen should build an early ie is when he is snowballing incredibly hard and needs to carry.

Old
03-03-2013, 09:40 PM
syz
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

League of BotRK.

Old
03-04-2013, 03:10 PM
Playerwinner

Quote:
League of BotRK.
BoRK*

But ya it is a very good item gold efficient on stats alone the passive is decent, and the active is basically another ultimate.

Last edited by Playerwinner: 03-04-2013 at 03:42 PM.
Old
04-02-2013, 06:16 PM
Buddio
CFC

bump fo Jee.

Old
04-03-2013, 10:06 PM
Dugray
No Gifs This Time

Love the game but League of Legends matchmaking system is seriously frustrating to deal with.

I'm supposed to win a game when the enemy team has a Diamond 3 Jungler, Platinum 1 ADC, Diamond 5 Support and no one on our team is higher than gold. Okay then.

04-04-2013, 10:09 AM
Mischa
Quirky and Adorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugray View Post
Love the game but League of Legends matchmaking system is seriously frustrating to deal with.

I'm supposed to win a game when the enemy team has a Diamond 3 Jungler, Platinum 1 ADC, Diamond 5 Support and no one on our team is higher than gold. Okay then.
I was wondering about this. Is there anyway I could guarantee playing with low level people or a practice league or something? I'd like to play with people that don't care about my bad tactics.

I decided to give LoL a second shot after finding it boring when playing it with my friend. I ended up with Akali (last week) and very much enjoyed it though I ended up playing a match against computers that was 80 minutes long. Unfortunately Akali is no longer in the rotation and I tried multiple others and didn't like them.

So my next question then: what are good(/easy but that's less important) striker/mobile type characters? I prefer some sort of crowd control (knockback or stun), a decently long attack, some method of moving fast (preferably part of an attack), and a minor aoe (which I would prefer to also be the knockback move but its not necessary). Looks are minorly important. For whatever reason the character has to look fast so I'd prefer less bulky looking characters but that's not a requirement.
Currently, the one that looks best to me is Ahri. It says on the wiki that she's difficult to use, could anyone tell me why? I don't want to pay money unless I'm certain I like the character and will continue to play the game.

Closed Thread