HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

League of Legends

Closed Thread

Old
08-26-2011, 07:03 AM
Sensfanman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corto View Post
I don't play LoL anymore, I went back to DotA and now waiting for Dota2, but when I did I played about 600 games, got to lvl 30, and my heroes were:
- Ashe
- Kassadin
- Shaco
- Katarina
- Pantheon
- Jax... but it was just too easy at the time, pre-nerfs... you go 23-1-20 EASY unless you happen to run into a pre-made
(by comparison, I sucked 99% of the time with Pantheon if the game went past 20 minutes and we didn't have a meaningful advantage by then)

And Kassadin was VERY fun to play (though Ashe was my best, I even got several kudos from the Riot staff/forum admins I bumped in here and there).

Now, like I said, I went back to DotA (the not being able to play every hero, "grinding" for them, the silly no-denying concept, etc. was very unappealing from the start for me), but that said, it is definitely great fun once you get into it.

One thing I don't know is if Riot implemented a replay system since I stopped playing, and if there's anywhere I can find some high-end competitive replays to watch (and maybe get my interest going again).
The replay system exists but it's pretty weak. I've seen some games on youtube (such as the ones hosted by DiggitySC who is a great Starcraft commentator) which I know are high level play or big name tournament play.

Old
08-26-2011, 08:54 AM
BeBen*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicY View Post
So I've taken a step back form my jungle obsession, as the old Golems/Wraiths/Wolves/Blue/B was getting a little tired.

I bought Tristana with IP on a whim... and my first game, I went 19-4 and absolutely speedbagged a 1-2 early lane against Gragas and Katarina. Haven't been able to match it in the couple games I've played since... but I do love her, as she is pure assassin.

My next pick up will be Kassadin, who I've been meaning to get since I played him on a free week.

IGN is TwoMinuteViking. I'm Level 28, but I always play with friends who lower levels, so those of you guys just starting can team up with us and get a full 5!
You bought Tristana with IP?

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ad.php?t=80451

Old
08-26-2011, 11:30 AM
obsenssive*

Send a message via MSN to obsenssive*
Quote:
Originally Posted by syz View Post
Had the IP to pick up Talon today. Seems alright, but I think I'd rather play Wukong. Should have bought Kog'maw like I was originally going to.

Wanting to try Anivia as well.
Tried out Anivia last night.

Harder to play than Orianna/Brand/Annie (the current top 3 AP carries), so you don't see her very often.

She's really fun though. Good burst and control. Just gotta learn them wall placements...

Old
08-26-2011, 01:10 PM
BeBen*

Razer is having a promotion

http://www.razerzone.com/pax/league-of-legends

Do that 3 times with 3 different emails for 3 Movement Speed quints and 3 Crit damage reds, the Quints by themselves are OVER 6000 IP, don't miss it, they are good runes too very versatile

Old
08-26-2011, 05:54 PM
Frankie Spankie

Thanks for the heads up, I still haven't gotten my codes yet. Did it probably a half hour ago.

Old
08-26-2011, 08:59 PM
Sensfanman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeBen View Post
Razer is having a promotion

http://www.razerzone.com/pax/league-of-legends

Do that 3 times with 3 different emails for 3 Movement Speed quints and 3 Crit damage reds, the Quints by themselves are OVER 6000 IP, don't miss it, they are good runes too very versatile
Thanks man. I signed up, waiting on codes.

Old
08-26-2011, 09:18 PM
BeBen*

They had problems earlier Buddio couldn't get codes the space was blank, many people reported it

Strange cause i had done it 5 minutes before him and it worked like a charm 3 times in a row, then the site was taking down now it's up again and ....i don't know

Old
08-26-2011, 10:33 PM
BeBen*

Buddio just got the codes, check your emails

Old
08-27-2011, 12:19 AM
Buddio
CFC

MZKKFC46R

That's a free code if someone can't get it.

Old
08-27-2011, 12:46 AM
Sensfanman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddio View Post
MZKKFC46R

That's a free code if someone can't get it.
Worked for me, thanks! I got my codes but there's a database error when I go to verify account.

Old
08-27-2011, 01:35 AM
Buddio
CFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensfanman View Post
Worked for me, thanks! I got my codes but there's a database error when I go to verify account.
No problemo.

I got 3 on one of my spam email, and 1 on my real email.

Old
08-27-2011, 03:29 AM
SonicY
Ad hominem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corto View Post
I don't play LoL anymore, I went back to DotA and now waiting for Dota2, but when I did I played about 600 games, got to lvl 30, and my heroes were:
- Ashe
- Kassadin
- Shaco
- Katarina
- Pantheon
- Jax... but it was just too easy at the time, pre-nerfs... you go 23-1-20 EASY unless you happen to run into a pre-made
(by comparison, I sucked 99% of the time with Pantheon if the game went past 20 minutes and we didn't have a meaningful advantage by then)

And Kassadin was VERY fun to play (though Ashe was my best, I even got several kudos from the Riot staff/forum admins I bumped in here and there).

Now, like I said, I went back to DotA (the not being able to play every hero, "grinding" for them, the silly no-denying concept, etc. was very unappealing from the start for me), but that said, it is definitely great fun once you get into it.

One thing I don't know is if Riot implemented a replay system since I stopped playing, and if there's anywhere I can find some high-end competitive replays to watch (and maybe get my interest going again).
I'm not sure about replays, but Riot is ALWAYS streaming competitive tournaments and high ELO ranked with the best players in the world on their main site, with running commentary, stats and interviews. It's a helluva lot of fun, and the new Spectator mode is really quite awesome. It teaches you a lot too, watching guys like HotshotGG and Elementz speedbag other high ranked players like they don't know the game.

Old
08-27-2011, 03:00 PM
BeBen*

Riot

Spectator crashed and crashed and crashed until MLG decided to pull the plug on the stream for the whole weekend

So pathetic

Old
08-28-2011, 11:11 AM
Frankie Spankie

Just played a few rounds as Teemo and love him now. I just love how most of his abilities are passive since I usually forget to use mine.

On a side note, I had an extra Jax skin from PAX East and threw it up on eBay. I was expecting like $40-50 but the damn thing sold for $117.50!! Next year I'm just going to collect a ton of LoL codes and throw them all on eBay for a ton of money.

Old
08-28-2011, 11:14 AM
Zodiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Spankie View Post
Just played a few rounds as Teemo and love him now. I just love how most of his abilities are passive since I usually forget to use mine.

On a side note, I had an extra Jax skin from PAX East and threw it up on eBay. I was expecting like $40-50 but the damn thing sold for $117.50!! Next year I'm just going to collect a ton of LoL codes and throw them all on eBay for a ton of money.

man ...pretty sweet.

Old
08-28-2011, 06:20 PM
Buddio
CFC

lol, entire team was stuck in champ selection for 25 minutes.

Old
08-28-2011, 06:43 PM
BreakTheWallsDown
HFBoards Prospect

Send a message via AIM to BreakTheWallsDown Send a message via MSN to BreakTheWallsDown
Quote:
lol, entire team was stuck in champ selection for 25 minutes.
My launcher just locked up after finishing a game, then I had a 14 minute queue. Once I waited out the queue, my launcher locked up again. Launched it again, 42 minute queue, then it locked up on me again but this time before the time ran out. I guess they really want me to go study the rest of the night or something.

Old
08-28-2011, 06:55 PM
Sensfanman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakTheWallsDown View Post
My launcher just locked up after finishing a game, then I had a 14 minute queue. Once I waited out the queue, my launcher locked up again. Launched it again, 42 minute queue, then it locked up on me again but this time before the time ran out. I guess they really want me to go study the rest of the night or something.
Yeah, there's some major crash going down.

Also, I've added Urgot to my champ list, finally a ranged AD character that I like.

Old
08-28-2011, 07:00 PM
BeBen*

I'm still in the client but i can't join any game, can't check the store or my profile

So basically i can't do ****

Old
08-28-2011, 07:17 PM
Frankie Spankie

Server says it's busy when I try to log in. I actually JUST finished a round and I couldn't even get to the stats for the round. I clicked the skip button and got to the client screen but couldn't do anything within it. I hope I got my xp and ip points!

Old
08-28-2011, 08:06 PM
Buddio
CFC

1 hour login que

Old
08-28-2011, 08:16 PM
Zodiac

Quote:
1 hour login que
you have to wait an hour to play a game of this?

**** that.

Old
08-28-2011, 08:21 PM
Sensfanman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post

**** that.
Sometimes. Usually everything is fine. This is the longest I've had to wait. I'd say 75% of the time, no problem. 20% of the time 15 minutes max delay. 5% over 15 minutes wait.

For a free game, you can't ask for much more.

Old
08-28-2011, 08:31 PM
Zodiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensfanman View Post
Sometimes. Usually everything is fine. This is the longest I've had to wait. I'd say 75% of the time, no problem. 20% of the time 15 minutes max delay. 5% over 15 minutes wait.

For a free game, you can't ask for much more.
i guess so.

if i really liked the game and could pay not to wait, i'd do that.

Old
08-28-2011, 08:33 PM
Buddio
CFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post

**** that.
Hundreds of thousands (not exaggerating this number) of people are trying to log in because of recent server crash.

Log ins 90% of time don't have a wait time or que. And even then this is the longest I've had.

Closed Thread