HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

League of Legends

Closed Thread

Old
09-09-2011, 09:43 AM
BeBen*

vCash: 500
I seriously can't stress enough that you can't purchase champions with IP if you're leveling to 30, especially 6300

But no one ever listens to me lol oh well you'll learn the hard way once you can't afford runes at 30 and get your ass handed to you, either in the jungle by the neutral creeps or in lane

Old
09-10-2011, 11:31 PM
Sensfanman

Just played my first ranked with TwoMinuteViking. I had last pick and we needed some ranged AD so I chose Urgot. The downside was that our team was Anivia, Cho, Trundle, and Yi so I was laning with Yi and hence farming was an issue. However, as Urgot, I let Yi farm and zoned out the opposing Zilean and Kog'maw, using Urgot's early game dominance into a tanky build while the rest fed up to carry.

But all strategy went away when we won in a 25 minute surrender since Cho killed the opposing Blitz going 9-0-4. I think the final kill count was 22-5 and we had 4-0 in towers and 2-0 in dragon. Basically a faceroll. Good times.

Old
09-11-2011, 02:56 PM
SonicY
Ad hominem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensfanman View Post
Just played my first ranked with TwoMinuteViking. I had last pick and we needed some ranged AD so I chose Urgot. The downside was that our team was Anivia, Cho, Trundle, and Yi so I was laning with Yi and hence farming was an issue. However, as Urgot, I let Yi farm and zoned out the opposing Zilean and Kog'maw, using Urgot's early game dominance into a tanky build while the rest fed up to carry.

But all strategy went away when we won in a 25 minute surrender since Cho killed the opposing Blitz going 9-0-4. I think the final kill count was 22-5 and we had 4-0 in towers and 2-0 in dragon. Basically a faceroll. Good times.
Hey brother, you played great. That was my first ranked too, and it went off without a hitch.

Your Urgot is subtle, but tanky and solid. Msg me anytime for ranked, i'll be down.

Old
09-11-2011, 02:58 PM
BeBen*

I'd suggest you guys get better runepages before playing Ranked but i know you won't listen to me

So eh, ladder soft resets tuesday so if you wanna play Ranked ''for fun'' better do it now than when it will count...

Old
09-11-2011, 03:07 PM
SonicY
Ad hominem

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeBen View Post
I'd suggest you guys get better runepages before playing Ranked but i know you won't listen to me

So eh, ladder soft resets tuesday so if you wanna play Ranked ''for fun'' better do it now than when it will count...
Check out my profile next time you're on; I have flat Armor Pen reds, Armor yellows, MR blues and Armor Pen purps for my Jungles/Tanky Deeps. My rune page is fine, bro.

Old
09-11-2011, 03:42 PM
BeBen*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicY View Post
Check out my profile next time you're on; I have flat Armor Pen reds, Armor yellows, MR blues and Armor Pen purps for my Jungles/Tanky Deeps. My rune page is fine, bro.
Yea you're right my bad

You totally need magic pen reds, a flat damage yellow and a mix of flat/per lvl MR blues on Trundle

But hey maybe you can play Kennen in Ranked, you know you got a good runepage going when it needs a scrollbar to see all the stats

Old
09-11-2011, 07:32 PM
Sensfanman

Quote:

My runes are maybe 75% done for most of my mains. I need stuff so I can Noct jungle as well as runes for magic characters.

Old
09-11-2011, 08:15 PM
BeBen*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensfanman View Post
My runes are maybe 75% done for most of my mains. I need stuff so I can Noct jungle as well as runes for magic characters.
Mumu is a very popular ban though, what happens if top 3 gets an AP char a jungler and an AD Carry (which is usually the order btw)

What happens if someone takes Mumu and you need to play a tank?

Same goes for SonicY, what happens if someone jungles before you?

Sure it's fine to have a role and 2-3 characters that you prefer, i'm not against that but with picks and bans in Ranked if it happens that you can't do the role you usually do and you're forced to pick a role you're not familiar with you just become a burden for your team

The laning Yi in you guys' game yesterday was a liability for his team, you don't lane Yi in Ranked, in fact you shouldnt even lane him in normals

I just think there's SO MANY concepts that you guys must be missing about this game to be effective enough in Ranked

Hell even myself theres plenty of things that i don't know about this game

@SonicY i know you jungle alot but do you know anything about counter jungling? do you know how fast every jungle can clear their side of the jungle depending on the route they take? do you know when it's most effective to try and gank the enemy jungler or when it's best to steal his mobs?

Anyway all i'm doing is offering friendly advices, if you don't want them i don't care but don't come complaining here later that you're stuck in Elo Hell because 99% of people there are there because they started Ranked as soon as they dinged 30

Old
09-11-2011, 09:42 PM
Sensfanman

I can Mumu, Alistar and Taric for Tanky Supporty. I can Kayle for Support/Offense. I can Urgot for ranged AD. I can Garen, lane Nocturne and Jarvan for tanky DPS. My biggest weakness are AP carries where I can barely play Annie and AP TF. Also melee AD carries like GP and Yi are weak for me.

Old
09-12-2011, 01:55 AM
Octavius
Next #18?

vCash: 424
Just started with jungle twitch. Makes the game a lot more fun to play and it feels like you're trolling the opposing team. Nothing better then FB at lvl2

Old
09-12-2011, 05:54 AM
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT

vCash: 50
Quote:
I seriously can't stress enough that you can't purchase champions with IP if you're leveling to 30, especially 6300

But no one ever listens to me lol oh well you'll learn the hard way once you can't afford runes at 30 and get your ass handed to you, either in the jungle by the neutral creeps or in lane
This kills me since I have enough for Nocturne now X_X.

Old
09-12-2011, 09:09 AM
Octavius
Next #18?

Quote:

Bollocks. Runes aren't the difference maker you make them out to be. Sure, they help and are important for jungling but not irreplaceable. When I didn't have runes and wanted to jungle with mummy I bought red elixir instead of cloth armour. And it worked fine.
When I created an account on NA, i jungled all the time with yi and eve (when she had her stun) without runes and carried. The best advice is to buy all types of heroes (tank, offtank, ap carry, ad carry, support) and learn at least one of all the types. You will be a lot more useful then if you can only play one champ but have a full rune page for him. Plus it is fun to play different champs and after all, it is a game

Old
09-12-2011, 09:13 AM
Octavius
Next #18?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveland View Post
This kills me since I have enough for Nocturne now X_X.
Buy him, his kit is OP.

Lantern->mercury/berserkers/ninja->ghostblade->banshees->warmogs->atmas

You can get that by 40 minute mark and you are almost unstoppable.

Old
09-12-2011, 02:09 PM
BeBen*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octavius View Post
Bollocks. Runes aren't the difference maker you make them out to be. Sure, they help and are important for jungling but not irreplaceable. When I didn't have runes and wanted to jungle with mummy I bought red elixir instead of cloth armour. And it worked fine.
When I created an account on NA, i jungled all the time with yi and eve (when she had her stun) without runes and carried. The best advice is to buy all types of heroes (tank, offtank, ap carry, ad carry, support) and learn at least one of all the types. You will be a lot more useful then if you can only play one champ but have a full rune page for him. Plus it is fun to play different champs and after all, it is a game

Old
09-12-2011, 03:30 PM
obsenssive*

Send a message via MSN to obsenssive*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Octavius View Post
Buy him, his kit is OP.

Lantern->mercury/berserkers/ninja->ghostblade->banshees->warmogs->atmas

You can get that by 40 minute mark and you are almost unstoppable.
I usually end up getting Frozen Mallett instead of BV.

Wait for fight to start, Ult to their caster, and then move on to the rest of the team.

Old
09-12-2011, 03:46 PM
Buddio
CFC

vCash: 900

A rat can only carry so much

I'm not even good

Old
09-12-2011, 04:34 PM
Burningblades

I am board anyone wanna play a game, I am downloading atm.

Old
09-12-2011, 04:37 PM
obsenssive*

Send a message via MSN to obsenssive*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddio View Post

A rat can only carry so much

I'm not even good
Heal and Clarity on Nocturne. Wtf...

Old
09-12-2011, 05:09 PM
Burningblades

Ok this is taking a while lol, I downloaded like 3-4 patches then the patcher changed to a different type and now it is downloading more patches!

ok finshed patching.

Last edited by Burningblades: 09-12-2011 at 05:18 PM.
Old
09-12-2011, 05:47 PM
CptxMorgan
Dangerzone

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBVsev View Post
Heal and Clarity on Nocturne. Wtf...
Clarity is awesome, but it shouldn't be wasted on a Carry. Heal is just obsolete at level 30.

Woah, mistook Clarity for Clairovoyance. Clarity is decent if you're mana intensive and not runed for sustain, but yeah it's rarely better than any other summoner spell.

Old
09-12-2011, 06:52 PM
BeBen*

Grats on the 100th and 200th win guys

That GP was so incredibly fed, not from champions not in the beginning anyway but from creeps

I LOVE smurfing on characters that are rewarded for farming (Nasus, Veigar, Gangplank)

Gangplank's Q gives him 4-8 additional gold per minion he kills with his Q and that Gangplank had like 150 CS (Creep Score, number of creeps killed) very very early, say the average gold per minion kill is 20 gold, nevermind his additional gold from Q

150 CS is THREE THOUSAND GOLD, that's TEN enemy champion kills

Farm 150 CS really early and it's like you were 10-0-0

Starting to see the importance of CSing and Last Hitting yet?

(this post is not directed to Buddio or Sensfanman but just beginner in general)

Old
09-12-2011, 08:11 PM
Sensfanman

Quote:

That GP was so incredibly fed, not from champions not in the beginning anyway but from creeps

I LOVE smurfing on characters that are rewarded for farming (Nasus, Veigar, Gangplank)

Gangplank's Q gives him 4-8 additional gold per minion he kills with his Q and that Gangplank had like 150 CS (Creep Score, number of creeps killed) very very early, say the average gold per minion kill is 20 gold, nevermind his additional gold from Q

(this post is not directed to Buddio or Sensfanman but just beginner in general)
That was a fun game. Started out rocky but I started smashing people later. Only problem I have with Garen is he needs to farm early to exploit his advantage so he basically has to solo top or got bot with a support (where a better carry should go). It's hard to place him but he's dominant in regular games where people don't know how to handle him early, like Urgot or Leblanc.

Old
09-12-2011, 08:57 PM
SonicY
Ad hominem

Quote:

...who is BeBenNova, and why hasn't he added me?

Old
09-12-2011, 10:25 PM
BeBen*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicY View Post
...who is BeBenNova, and why hasn't he added me?
It's my NA smurf, main account is banned for a week (ends in 3 days)

Been playing on it

How'd you learn about my smurf anyway?

Old
09-13-2011, 01:30 AM
Octavius
Next #18?

Quote:
U mad bro?

You jungle not only because you have an extra solo lane, but because you can gank like a boss. And it works like wonder at early levels. Just because it isn't the standard route it doesn't mean it is bad. Learn to adapt.

Closed Thread