HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

XBOX 360 vs. PS3 vs. WII (ALL Discussion Here)

View Poll Results: Preferred Gaming System?
PC 34 18.99%
Xbox 360 56 31.28%
PS3 75 41.90%
None, I just lurk around this forum because cool kids post here 10 5.59%
Wii 4 2.23%
Voters: 179. You may not vote on this poll

Old
08-29-2011, 07:47 PM
SolidSnakeUS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post
i remember Northern Regalia was a pretty popular choice among players.

there was something about it that i didn't really care for tho ...maybe it was the speed. can't really remember, but it might have been that it seemed a little slow to me or something.

edit: actually, i think it was because its power was determined by how good or bad your character was, or something like that. and i didn't want to have to worry about maintaining that one way or the other.
You had to have pure white or pure black character tendency. I've pretty much always had pure white (I've only had 1 character and got my platinum). Even though it's slow, you can definitely get your timing down with practice.

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2011, 07:53 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

Does anyone have suggestions for PSP games I should check out?

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2011, 09:52 AM
Zodiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
Does anyone have suggestions for PSP games I should check out?
i played through God of War Chains of Olympus and God of War Ghost of Sparta.

thought both were really good.

Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2011, 10:23 AM
Zodiac

man Dark Souls looks good. want.

Old
08-31-2011, 12:46 PM
InUtero
Oilers!

vCash: 50
i cant wait for NHL12, halo anniversary,mw3 and bf3

InUtero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2011, 02:14 PM
LilySmoov

I ****ing hate Sony. I bought the EA Season Ticket recently but am having trouble accessing it. This is the (abridged) version of the exchange I had with those stupid apes.

--------

Me: I bought the EA Season Ticket recently but am having trouble accessing it.

Sony: Go to "Services List" under "Transaction Management" and press X to download it.

Me: Upon pressing X on the Season Ticket, I'm not prompted to download it. There's no error message. There's nothing.

Sony: The EA Season Ticket is not something you download.

Me: Then why was I told to download it?

Sony (Full message): I do apologize for any inconvenience you have encountered from this. Below is some information about the EA Sports Season Ticket and its features:

-EA Sports’ season ticket program is a subscription-based program that offers consumers discounts, exclusive content, and other benefits on EA Sports products. The yearly cost is $24.99. Examples of benefits include:

-20% off PDLC for all participating titles
-3-days Early Release of all participating titles for digital download
-Free premium web content, such as FIFA Creation Center & NCAA Football Super Sim ($15 value)
-Membership recognition badge providing access to member-only tournaments

---------

Are these people deliberately ****ing with me or what?

LilySmoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 07:04 PM
RStar*

What I like most about this site is the over the top rules. "You can't talk about the Wii in this thread!" uhhh, yea I can, read your own rules and tell me why I can't. "Oh yea? You're getting an infraction!"

Best thing is, is once you get that infraction and they mods scold you through PM, you can't even reply.

Oh, and mods, when you go to give me my next infraction for this very post, please do so knowing this also is against no forum rules. There's a reason HF is the laughing stock of internet forums. Real forums don't have guys power tripping throwing out infractions when someone disagrees with their opinion.

Newsflash. A difference in opinion isn't an infraction of forum rules. Good work though guys. Solid job.

RStar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 07:07 PM
RStar*

My apologies. The reason that post was in this thread is because I can't make new threads.

You know, because I told a mod I can post about the Wii in the fads thread if I want an got 2 infractions for it.

Enjoy the site boys. I find it to be a joke personally.

RStar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 12:01 PM
Zodiac

so i was logged into the xbox.com website, which also logs you into xbox live so you can see your friends list, messages, achievements, etc.

anyway, i'm now a Silver member, meaning that i don't pay for their Gold membership anymore ...and i try to send a message to a friend and get this response.

Quote:
You need to have an Xbox LIVE Gold membership to send messages to friends and other gamers.
how ridiculous. can't even send a message.

Old
09-04-2011, 12:57 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

Quote:
so i was logged into the xbox.com website, which also logs you into xbox live so you can see your friends list, messages, achievements, etc.

anyway, i'm now a Silver member, meaning that i don't pay for their Gold membership anymore ...and i try to send a message to a friend and get this response.

You can join a party though.

Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 01:12 PM
bdp

Quote:

bdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 04:20 PM
Zodiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
You can join a party though.
so i can join a party and do what?

can't play multiplayer games, can't send messages ...just sit there and do nothing i assume.

Old
09-09-2011, 05:20 AM
Jussi
I am siege face

August NPD stats (via Neogaf):

Software:

1. Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Xbox 360, PS3, pc) 244K
2. NCAA Football 12 (Xbox 360, PS3) 240,4K
3. Call of Duty: Black Ops (Xbox 360, PS3, NDS, Wii, pc)
4. Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd (DS, Wii, PS3)
5. Cars 2 (NDS, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3, pc)
6. Just Dance Summer Party (Wii)
7. Just Dance 2 (Wii)
8. Lego Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game (Wii, Xbox 360, DS, PS3, 3DS, PSP, pc)
9. The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D (3DS)
10. Zumba Fitness: Join the Party (Wii, Xbox 360, PS3)

NBA 2K11 finally fell out of the top 10.

Hardware:

Xbox 360: 308K (-13.7%)
Nintendo 3DS: 235K
PlayStation 3: 218K (-3.5%) [Comes from press release statement math and known numbers.]
Wii: 190K (-22.2%)
Nintendo DS: 165K (-51.9%)

Old
09-09-2011, 10:59 AM
Clock

I do hope they make gaming on the next xbox included in the free version of Live. It'll be a little silly if it doesn't, even though I'd still pay it if that's what it comes down to.

Clock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2011, 11:34 AM
Ozamataz Buckshank

Quote:

While I agree it's crazy that Xbox Live costs so much, it has by far the best online infrastructure of the three and is worth it.

Ozamataz Buckshank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2011, 12:58 PM
bdp

XBL price is excessive. Make it around $20 and it would be more attractive to a lot of people.

Crysis 1 remastered is coming to PS3 and 360

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ex...-crysis/720428

bdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2011, 01:12 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Tier View Post
XBL price is excessive. Make it around $20 and it would be more attractive to a lot of people.

Crysis 1 remastered is coming to PS3 and 360

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ex...-crysis/720428
I've said it before but they should "reward" long time subscribers with discounts on the price. E.g. 5 years on Live = 30-40€ (normal price here is 60€) for one year.

Now screw this talk, let's talk about the NPD numbers. I expected higher numbers for Deus Ex...

Old
09-09-2011, 02:57 PM
karnige
Real Life FTL

Quote:
I've said it before but they should "reward" long time subscribers with discounts on the price. E.g. 5 years on Live = 30-40€ (normal price here is 60€) for one year.

Now screw this talk, let's talk about the NPD numbers. I expected higher numbers for Deus Ex...
why? if people are willing to pay why should they? it's a business in the end

karnige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2011, 06:34 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

Quote:
Originally Posted by karnige View Post
why? if people are willing to pay why should they? it's a business in the end
I remember them talking at some event about loyal players or whatnot, hence the rewarding of these players. I'm not the only one making such suggestions, a couple of mods/editors/whatever at a gaming message board were suggesting similar things (and they were multiplatform players), one suggested free MS Points for longtime subscribers when a birthday (for (the Xbox) comes around. Something about an incentive for other players to stick around for the ride "until the end".

Old
09-09-2011, 08:19 PM
Evil Ted

Quote:
I remember them talking at some event about loyal players or whatnot, hence the rewarding of these players. I'm not the only one making such suggestions, a couple of mods/editors/whatever at a gaming message board were suggesting similar things (and they were multiplatform players), one suggested free MS Points for longtime subscribers when a birthday (for (the Xbox) comes around. Something about an incentive for other players to stick around for the ride "until the end".
Like microsoft is worried or even remotely cares about this garbage, they are about to let activision charge a montly fee to access exclusive content for mw3.

The thing about console gaming is that anymore people care alot less about quality or value the only thing they are concerned about is convenience, and its rather pathetic. Its not just gaming or entertainment either its just life in general people are lazy.

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2011, 05:57 PM
octopi

vCash: 703
How much does it cost to get/play movies on the PS3?

I'm seriously thinking of getting one and the $300 version comes with some movies, right? What if I want different movies? Is it by Wi-Fi, or what?

....yeah, yeah, I'm Amish.

octopi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2011, 08:30 PM
Jovavic
Lose to CBJ?

Send a message via AIM to Jovavic
Are you talking downloaded movies or just discs? It plays DVDs and BluRays and you can DL movies and TV shows, but they are normally priced and hardly ever go on sale (not as often as the DVDs would). As far as online, it does have WiFi but I went to powerline and few months back and my DLing is much faster now

Jovavic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 09:18 PM
JohnLennon

Why are some posters so whiny about the cost of Xbox Live? Is it because they don't own an Xbox 360?

5 dollars a month for Xbox Live is HARDLY excessive... My 9 year old cousin can afford Xbox Live with his freakin' allowance. Give me a break.

It always gives me a chuckle when posters exaggerate the "terrible costliness" of Xbox Live.

JohnLennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 10:10 PM
Zodiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLennon View Post
Why are some posters so whiny about the cost of Xbox Live? Is it because they don't own an Xbox 360?

5 dollars a month for Xbox Live is HARDLY excessive... My 9 year old cousin can afford Xbox Live with his freakin' allowance. Give me a break.

It always gives me a chuckle when posters exaggerate the "terrible costliness" of Xbox Live.
it bugs me because microsoft are the only ones doing it right now, yet so many people are willing to accept it.

so when other companies see the money that microsoft have been making from Live, i don't doubt that they'll do the same one day.

it starts a trend that shouldn't be happening. you shouldn't have to pay extra to play multiplayer for a game you just dropped $60 on. you never had to in the past, and you shouldn't have to now.

its ridiculous that people allow it to keep happening ...and you let it happen so much, it'll become the norm.

microsoft actually tried to pull that BS on the pc with Live as well when it first launched. they tried to charge a pay to play fee but pc users wouldn't have it, because there's just too many other options out there on the pc to play your multiplayer games. they didn't have to rely on microsoft, and when MS saw that no one would pay, they let it be free as it should have been the whole time.

it was either let it be free or let the whole Games for Windows Live idea sink ...which most people probably wish it did anyway.

Old
09-14-2011, 03:30 AM
Jussi
I am siege face

Quote:
it bugs me because microsoft are the only ones doing it right now, yet so many people are willing to accept it.

so when other companies see the money that microsoft have been making from Live, i don't doubt that they'll do the same one day.

it starts a trend that shouldn't be happening. you shouldn't have to pay extra to play multiplayer for a game you just dropped $60 on. you never had to in the past, and you shouldn't have to now.

its ridiculous that people allow it to keep happening ...and you let it happen so much, it'll become the norm.

microsoft actually tried to pull that BS on the pc with Live as well when it first launched. they tried to charge a pay to play fee but pc users wouldn't have it, because there's just too many other options out there on the pc to play your multiplayer games. they didn't have to rely on microsoft, and when MS saw that no one would pay, they let it be free as it should have been the whole time.

it was either let it be free or let the whole Games for Windows Live idea sink ...which most people probably wish it did anyway.
One has to take into account that the 30-40 euros a year (regular price here is 60 euros) that I pay for Live, goes into the infrastructure that takes away the pressure/resources from game developers/companies to make their own online system and servers (in addition to profit ). Live gives them a "ready" online service, where they just have to make sure their code works fluently.