HFStars 2011-2012 Y! Fantasy League Thread

Old
08-20-2011, 01:38 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post
Also, we need to hear from Lobo. I appreciate what he's done for this league, but I don't really want to have an inactive commissioner again. Not saying it should be me, but it ought to be someone who's not going to draft and forget. Or autodraft and forget.
Agreed. Someone else definitely should pick it up. I'd like to think that eventually I'd keep up with it but I doubt it'd happen. Y'all deserves a commish who actually cares enough to sign in more than once a month lol.

Stars99Lobo37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 01:56 PM
MetalGodAOD*
Star Rangers

I've run them before, I don't mind setting it up this year if no one else wants to.

MetalGodAOD* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 02:59 PM
piqued

vCash: 3722
I agree with UP/MG running it.

Lobo can you do something that will eventually let him link the new season with last year's league? I know it's not open for registration yet.

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 03:13 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

If there's still posts I'll go in.

Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 08:00 PM
Bennrocks

I'll also play if there is still room

Bennrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 09:35 PM
piqued

I want to make sure last year's managers have the chance to get in if they want to. Chris just hasn't logged on HF for most of the summer, I'm sure he'll be there, what about Caseman and Vofty?

It's looking like it's going to be a big league so I think going ahead with reduced rosters is a decent idea. Maybe only 3 or 4 bench spots instead of 5?

Old
08-21-2011, 10:05 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
I also have no problem running it. We could also run multiple leagues if we have to...

Frozen Failure is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 10:11 PM
vofty

I'm around, don't have much to say until the team gets sold and some certain direction is defined.

I didn't think I was going to play this year because I just didn't have the energy to follow it, but 1 league won't take that much attention right? Alright count me in!

vofty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 10:43 PM
MetalGodAOD*
Star Rangers

I'm planning on doing an ESPN points league this year too, but I"ll make a separate thread for that when the time comes.

FF you're free to run this since you've been here longer than me, I don't mind.

Old
08-21-2011, 10:50 PM
piqued

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vofty View Post
I'm around, don't have much to say until the team gets sold and some certain direction is defined.

I didn't think I was going to play this year because I just didn't have the energy to follow it, but 1 league won't take that much attention right? Alright count me in!
Yay!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Failure View Post
I also have no problem running it. We could also run multiple leagues if we have to...
I strenuously object to FF in charge.

Old
08-21-2011, 11:18 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
Quote:
I strenuously object to FF in charge.
I don't hate you piqued, don't worry.

Old
08-21-2011, 11:49 PM
Captain Awesome

He hates me and I'm already not very good at fantasy hockey.

Down with FF!

Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 01:01 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
He hates me and I'm already not very good at fantasy hockey.

Down with FF!
I hate you because you're so awesome, Captain.

Old
08-22-2011, 03:02 PM
Dave Karp

I'm in if there's room.

Dave Karp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 04:08 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

In:

Frozen Failure
piqued
Captain Awesome
UnholyPrince
Ampersand
Modo
Brand New Stars
StarsFanInCanada
Mr Momentum
TrueGrit (pending draft date)
Hecantscorefromthere
hairylikebear
RTstars11
secretsquirrel
DaStar99
Alistar
ReaallMunson18
Dallasman
ginblossoms
Stars99Lobo37?
Cin
Bennrocks
Vofty
Dave Karp
Chrissmith?
Caseman?

Well that's a lot of people. 26 if we could everyone... which is way too many for one league (max is 20 in Yahoo or ESPN).

So here's my idea...

Randomly generate two lists of 12 (or any more even number), and just run two leagues. I'll run one, and UP can run one. If we ran a 20 person league, we'd have teams of 2C 2LW 2RW 4D 2G 4BN 2IR (total of 16(18) players, 320 draft picks) or something, because talent arguably drops off sharply after a certain point. If we ran two twelves, we could run with the current settings of 3C 3LW 3RW 4D 2G 5BN 2IR (total of 20(22) players, 240 draft picks per league).

Current skater stats categories are: Goals (G), Assists (A), Points (P), Plus/Minus (+/-), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shorthanded Points (SHP), Game-Winning Goals (GWG), Shots on Goal (SOG), Hits (HIT)

Current goalie stats categories are: Wins (W), Losses (L), Goals Against Average (GAA), Save Percentage (SV%), Shutouts (SHO)

I'm okay with keeping the current stats categories.

Adding a weekly move limit of 2 (or 3 if people would prefer that), playoff reseeding, and we can't trade draft picks without doing an offline draft and I'm pretty sure we all wouldn't make a draft to do that. Also would change the trade timer to 1 day.

Please provide feedback kthnx

Old
08-22-2011, 04:16 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

Looks good to me! Took a year off from fantasy last season so I'm ready to go!

Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 04:31 PM
piqued

Wow yeah, I guess I didn't realize how many people had expressed interest. We're going to have to have 2 leagues if everyone signs up.

A random list is a fine idea, I wouldn't have a problem with that.

An alternative would be to have a "returning player league" and a "new player league". I think that would also break down fairly evenly when you consider people who took a year off and are coming back like Alistar and CA. I know some of the more populated team boards here on HF have 1st, 2nd, and sometimes even 3rd divisions. Not sure if people would like the idea of promotion/relegation though.

Is there a place that lists all the possible stats? Not saying I want to change them, just would be interested in seeing what the options are. I definitely enjoyed the addition of shots, hits, and shorthanded points. Still hate +/-.

Old
08-22-2011, 05:01 PM
Rune Forumwalker

The only way to check is to go to Yahoo as if you were creating a league and look at your which that have to choose from. You don't have to actually create one if you do that, a league only gets created after the stat categories are chosen.

Rune Forumwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 05:19 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

Quote:
Wow yeah, I guess I didn't realize how many people had expressed interest. We're going to have to have 2 leagues if everyone signs up.

A random list is a fine idea, I wouldn't have a problem with that.

An alternative would be to have a "returning player league" and a "new player league". I think that would also break down fairly evenly when you consider people who took a year off and are coming back like Alistar and CA. I know some of the more populated team boards here on HF have 1st, 2nd, and sometimes even 3rd divisions. Not sure if people would like the idea of promotion/relegation though.

Is there a place that lists all the possible stats? Not saying I want to change them, just would be interested in seeing what the options are. I definitely enjoyed the addition of shots, hits, and shorthanded points. Still hate +/-.
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/spo...lMVgH93cnVew--

Old
08-22-2011, 05:41 PM
ginblossoms

Send a message via ICQ to ginblossoms
I'm assuming that there will be minimum games played requirement for goalies?

Promotion/relegation would be interesting if enough of us are committed long-term. Best thing for this season would probably be 2 random leagues. If enough show and maintain interest through the end, then top 6/7 from each can form a "premier" league next year.

I'm also not a big fan of the +/- stat, but ready and willing to play with it.

Bring it...........

JP

ginblossoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 05:44 PM
MetalGodAOD*
Star Rangers

I'd say 3 moves per week is fine. 2 can be kind of annoying for a few different reasons when roster shuffling injured players and stuff.

Stats look fine to me. GWG's ended up being akin to a second SHP stat, where it was the trump card for an extra category if you ended up scoring in it. It also puts a stronger emphasis on Goal scorers vs playmakers, which is fine if that's what people want. I had mixed feelings about it but not that strongly, so I'm OK with whatever.

As far as the leagues go, I like both ideas. Returning players league and New players league sounds fun, but it might be uneven. So random assignment might be better. Whatever everyone wants to do I'm fine with.

Old
08-22-2011, 05:54 PM
piqued

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginblossoms View Post
I'm assuming that there will be minimum games played requirement for goalies?
Yep. It's been 3 games a week for a while now. Seems to work fine. Shouldn't have a problem if you're an active manager.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnholyPrince View Post
GWG's ended up being akin to a second SHP stat, where it was the trump card for an extra category if you ended up scoring in it. It also puts a stronger emphasis on Goal scorers vs playmakers, which is fine if that's what people want. I had mixed feelings about it but not that strongly, so I'm OK with whatever.
I thought I'd end up hating GWG, but it was actually kinda fun. Not the end of the world to have a little randomness in the mix, plus as you said it helps teams that score more goals, which I think is inherently more important than a lot of the other stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Failure View Post
Faceoffs won is the only other stat from that list I'd be interested in adding. The problem is that if you add too many skater stats it starts de-emphasizing goalies too much and there really aren't any other good goalie stats.

Old
08-22-2011, 08:31 PM
DMaz16
@DMaz16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginblossoms View Post
Promotion/relegation would be interesting if enough of us are committed long-term. Best thing for this season would probably be 2 random leagues. If enough show and maintain interest through the end, then top 6/7 from each can form a "premier" league next year.
I really like this idea, and if enough people were committed I am all for promotion/relegation as well.

Also in my opinion there are a couple too many player stats, like piqued says there are no more good goalie stats and I think it's already a little to offensively emphasized. I would drop +/- and hits, but thats just my opinion and I'm not too attached to it... just a thought

Last edited by DMaz16: 08-22-2011 at 08:37 PM.
DMaz16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 08:36 PM
MetalGodAOD*
Star Rangers

Drop Hits IMO if anything, PIMs serves the role for the non-skilled player picks.

Old
08-22-2011, 08:55 PM
Ampersand
Dallas Stars Fan

I'm still in, and happy to play in the "newbies" div, gonna have to prove to all(myself included) that I have what it takes!

Ampersand is offline   Reply With Quote