HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Montreal Canadiens #32 Prospect Voting

View Poll Results: 32??
Hunter Bishop LW 5 14.71%
Philippe Lefebvre LW 3 8.82%
Colin Sullivan D 21 61.76%
John Westin C 5 14.71%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-23-2011, 08:41 AM
  #1
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby
 
RoyBoyCoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lennoxville, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,090
vCash: 500
Montreal Canadiens #32 Prospect Voting


Montreal Canadiens HFBoards Prospect Rankings:

#1: Nathan Beaulieu
Defenseman Saint John Sea Dogs.
1st Round, 17th Overall; 2011

110 Votes; 44.90% of the vote

#2: Louis Leblanc
Centre/Right Wing Hamilton Bulldogs.
1st Round, 18th Overall; 2009

50 Votes; 68.49% of the vote

#3: Alexei Yemelin
Defenseman Montreal Canadiens.
3rd Round, 84th Overall; 2004

73 votes, 37.24% of the vote

#4: Jarred Tinordi
Defenseman London Knights.
1st Round, 22nd Overall; 2010

76 votes, 45.78% of the vote

#5: Danny Kristo
Right Wing North Dakota Fighting Sioux.
2nd Round, 56th Overall; 2008

78 votes, 71.56% of the vote

#6: Aaron Palushaj
Right Wing Hamilton Bulldogs.
STL 2nd Round, 44th Overall; 2007; acquired for Matt D'Agostini

65 votes, 39.88% of the vote

#7: Alexander Avtsin
Right Wing Hamilton Bulldogs.
4th Round, 109th Overall; 2009

57 votes, 35.63% of the vote

#8: Brendan Gallagher
Right Wing Vancouver Giants.
5th Round, 147th Overall; 2010

84 votes, 53.16% of the vote

#9: Michael Bournival
Centre Shawinigan Cataractes.
COL 3rd Round, 71st Overall; 2010; Acquired for Ryan O'Byrne

61 votes, 42.66% of the vote

#10: Raphael Diaz
Defenseman Hamilton Bulldogs
Free Agent Signing; 2011

43 votes, 53.75% of the vote

#11: McKinley 'Mac' Bennett
Defenseman Michigan Wolverines
3rd Round, 79th Overall; 2009
29 votes, 33.33% of the vote

#12: Andreas Engqvist
Centre/Right Wing Hamilton Bulldogs
Free Agent Siging; 2009
53 votes, 38.41% of the vote

#13: Brendon Nash
Defenseman Hamilton Bulldogs
Free Agent Singing; 2010
41 votes, 35.34% of the vote

#14: Morgan Ellis
Defenseman Cape Breton Screaming Eagles
4th Round, 117th Overall; 2010
52 votes, 56.52% of the vote; tiebreaker versus Mathieu Carle

#15: Joonas Nattinen
Centre/Right Wing Blues SM-Liiga
3rd Round, 65th Overall; 2009
26 votes, 31.71% of the vote

#16: Magnus Nygren
Defenseman Farjestad SEL
4th Round, 113th Overall; 2011
21 votes, 21.21% of the vote

#17: Daniel Pribyl
Centre/Winger HC Sparta Praha
6th Round, 168th Overall; 2011
43 votes, 28.48% of the vote.
Won by one vote in 4-way tie-breaker.


#18: Greg Pateryn
Defenseman Michigan Wolverines
TOR 5th Round, 128th Overall; 2008; acquired for Mikhail Grabovski
39 votes, 28.68% of the vote

#19: Gabriel Dumont
Centre Hamilton Bulldogs
5th Round, 139th Overall; 2009
38 votes, 33.63% of the vote

#20: Andrew Conboy
Left Wing Hamilton Bulldogs
5th Round, 142th Overall; 2007
34 votes, 27.20% of the vote

#21: Alain Berger
Winger Hamilton Bulldogs
Free Agent Signing; 2011
46 votes, 63.01% of the vote; tie-breaker versus Steve Quailer

#22: Steve Quailer
Winger Northeastern University Huskies
3rd Round; 86th Overall; 2008
24 votes, 30.38% of the vote

#23: Mark MacMillan
Left Wing North Dakota Fighting Sioux
4th Round; 113th Overall; 2010
59 votes, 54.63% of the vote; tie-breaker versus Olivier Archambault

#24: Olivier Archambault
Left Wing Drummondville Voltigeurs
4th Round; 108th Overall; 2011
32 votes, 34.04% of the vote

#25: Josiah Didier
Defenseman Denver Pioneers
4th Round; 97th Overall; 2011
27 votes, 32.53% of the vote

#26: Darren Dietz
Defenseman Saskatoon Blades
5th Round; 138th Overall; 2011
24 votes, 27.59% of the vote

#27: Maxim Trunev
Right Wing Severstal Cherepovets
5th Round; 138th Overall; 2008
22 votes, 36.07% of the vote

#28: Dustin Walsh
Centre Dartmouth Big Green
6th Round; 169th Overall; 2009
23 votes, 39.66% of the vote

#29: Ian Schultz
Right Wing Hamilton Bulldogs
STL; 3rd Round; 87th Overall; 2008; acquired for Jaroslav Halak
17 votes, 45.95% of the vote

#30: Joe Stejskal
Defenseman Hamilton Bulldogs
5th Round; 133rd Overall; 2007
30 votes, 52.63% of the vote

#31: Olivier Fortier
Center Hamilton Bulldogs
3rd Round; 65th Overall; 2007
26 votes, 42.62% of the vote

RoyBoyCoy is offline  
Old
08-23-2011, 09:10 AM
  #2
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,865
vCash: 500
Colin Sullivan

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
08-23-2011, 10:59 AM
  #3
Mtl6
Registered User
 
Mtl6's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,139
vCash: 500
One again,

if I may, shouldn't Mayer, Massť, St-Denis Klubertanz, Delmas and Kishel be there as well?!?!

All under contract or right are owned by Montreal. They aren't more then 24 yo, haven't played in more then 45 or 65 NHL games...

Mtl6 is offline  
Old
08-23-2011, 11:56 AM
  #4
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby
 
RoyBoyCoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lennoxville, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,090
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtl6 View Post
One again,

if I may, shouldn't Mayer, Massť, St-Denis Klubertanz, Delmas and Kishel be there as well?!?!

All under contract or right are owned by Montreal. They aren't more then 24 yo, haven't played in more then 45 or 65 NHL games...
Good god man, just drop it. We kept adding people, and then we got to the point where with the players we had, it would end up being a Top 35 (now 36 with Mitera) and was a nice round number. Furthermore, players were added by vote, so that means that Mayer/Masse/FSD/Kluber/Delmas/Kishel are all lower than Top 36.

Do you really care about

37. Mayer
38. Masse
39. FSD
40. Kluber
41. Delmas
42. Kishel

vs

37. Mayer
38. FSD
39. Kluber
40. Masse
41. Kishel
42. Delmas

Is it that big of an issue that you brought it up in two consecutive threads?

RoyBoyCoy is offline  
Old
08-23-2011, 12:40 PM
  #5
Mtl6
Registered User
 
Mtl6's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,139
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy View Post
Good god man, just drop it. We kept adding people, and then we got to the point where with the players we had, it would end up being a Top 35 (now 36 with Mitera) and was a nice round number. Furthermore, players were added by vote, so that means that Mayer/Masse/FSD/Kluber/Delmas/Kishel are all lower than Top 36.

Do you really care about

37. Mayer
38. Masse
39. FSD
40. Kluber
41. Delmas
42. Kishel

vs

37. Mayer
38. FSD
39. Kluber
40. Masse
41. Kishel
42. Delmas

Is it that big of an issue that you brought it up in two consecutive threads?
lol!! Who are you to judge when you stop taking names and adding people. If you listened to people, you probably would of stopped at 20, or at least 25 to get your little "nice round number". If you want to do something, do it correctly with criterias of who should be included and who shouldn't be. Don't just go with the players YOU like.

If you mind me asking a question twice well make sure you answer the first time and you might not see it a second time instead of ignoring it.

I'm sure everybody appreciates the time you've put in this pool, but if you're to do something like that, do it correctly and don't get PMS at people asking you questions...

Mtl6 is offline  
Old
08-23-2011, 01:05 PM
  #6
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,889
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtl6 View Post
lol!! Who are you to judge when you stop taking names and adding people. If you listened to people, you probably would of stopped at 20, or at least 25 to get your little "nice round number". If you want to do something, do it correctly with criterias of who should be included and who shouldn't be. Don't just go with the players YOU like.

If you mind me asking a question twice well make sure you answer the first time and you might not see it a second time instead of ignoring it.

I'm sure everybody appreciates the time you've put in this pool, but if you're to do something like that, do it correctly and don't get PMS at people asking you questions...
Because it's his poll? Maybe next year you can take charge and answer the burning question of who Montreal's 42nd best prospect is, if you're so displeased with RBC's work this summer.

I mean, come on. Think about what you're getting all riled up over for a second.

hototogisu is offline  
Old
08-23-2011, 01:08 PM
  #7
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby
 
RoyBoyCoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lennoxville, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,090
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtl6 View Post
lol!! Who are you to judge when you stop taking names and adding people. If you listened to people, you probably would of stopped at 20, or at least 25 to get your little "nice round number". If you want to do something, do it correctly with criterias of who should be included and who shouldn't be. Don't just go with the players YOU like.

If you mind me asking a question twice well make sure you answer the first time and you might not see it a second time instead of ignoring it.

I'm sure everybody appreciates the time you've put in this pool, but if you're to do something like that, do it correctly and don't get PMS at people asking you questions...
Who am I to judge when to stop taking names? I'm the guy putting in the time to run this. I stopped at 35 players, why does that bug you so much? Are you Scott Kishel? Did I offend you?

And what's this noise about "only the players I like"? That's not the case at all. This is a voting system, I get one vote like everyone else. If you're referring to not having Weber, DDH and White in the voting, no one who knows anything about them would call them prospects. I've already told you that if it were up to me I wouldn't have even added Yemelin or Diaz, but that's not my call to make, so I didn't make it and Yemelin and Diaz are 3rd and 10th. During each thread, people suggested who to add to the next thread, and when we stopped adding players, those handful of players didn't make the cut in the eyes of the posters. Sorry Scott.

So clearly, this nonsense about me using the players I like is just bull****.

If you don't like the way I'm running it, stay away and ignore it. Simple as that.

RoyBoyCoy is offline  
Old
08-23-2011, 01:10 PM
  #8
Mtl6
Registered User
 
Mtl6's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,139
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Because it's his poll? Maybe next year you can take charge and answer the burning question of who Montreal's 42nd best prospect is, if you're so displeased with RBC's work this summer.

I mean, come on. Think about what you're getting all riled up over for a second.
I'm not mad at all!

I don't care about those last names! Personnally, I would of stopped at 20 or 25 because anyway, there is no difference between number 26 and 36.

And if you read correctly, I've taken notice of all the work and hours RoyBoyCOy put in this.

All I say is the names shouldn't be randomly selected. If its the case, so be it! But don't get all racked up because I ask a question twice because it wasn't answered the first time. Ignorance might be easier but its worst then standing to its opinions.

Mtl6 is offline  
Old
08-23-2011, 02:26 PM
  #9
BigFatPapa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 260
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtl6 View Post
I'm not mad at all!

I don't care about those last names! Personnally, I would of stopped at 20 or 25 because anyway, there is no difference between number 26 and 36.

And if you read correctly, I've taken notice of all the work and hours RoyBoyCOy put in this.

All I say is the names shouldn't be randomly selected. If its the case, so be it! But don't get all racked up because I ask a question twice because it wasn't answered the first time. Ignorance might be easier but its worst then standing to its opinions.
They are not randomly selected. Posters vote for the next player added to the poll and RBC decided to stop at the 36th name to settle the top 35 players.

As for your question, you weren't the first one to ask and it had previously been answered a few times in previous threads so you could have just looked it up.

BigFatPapa is offline  
Old
08-24-2011, 10:06 AM
  #10
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby
 
RoyBoyCoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lennoxville, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,090
vCash: 500
Mods please close..

RoyBoyCoy is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:31 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.