HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Komisarek to Edmonton

Old
08-17-2011, 03:09 AM
A1LeafNation
Thanks Boston.

vCash: 500
Komisarek to Edmonton

"I am also hearing Edmonton might have an interest in Mike Komisarek and the Oilers and Leafs are talking...Edmonton sending a forward to TO, and the Leafs sending a D back."

- Cloutier; Edmonton Blogger on hockeybuzz

A1LeafNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 03:14 AM
Ruslan Zainullin

my first reaction is why would toronto give up komisarek? It hardly seems worth it considering Toronto seems to have plenty of decent 2nd liners at this point, and the only first line player edmonton has to offer would be hemsky. That idea is actually interesting, one injury plagued but skilled player for another injury plagued but skilled player. probably have to work in some draft picks but the idea is intriguing.

Ruslan Zainullin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 03:22 AM
McDNicks17
McDavid Cometh

vCash: 1115
Why exactly would we want Komisarek's $4.5M price tag still on the books when we need to re-sign Hall, Eberle and Paajarvi?

McDNicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 03:35 AM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

I'd LOL if it's Komi for Horc

The Perfect Human* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 03:49 AM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Maybe it could be something around Komisarek for Brule. Brule's the guy the Oilers almost traded to the Kings but that fell through. It's no secret they've been shopping him this summer and he could be at least a bit useful to the Leafs.

Komisarek would of course have to agree to waive his NMC/NTC if Edmonton isn't on his list of acceptable places to be traded to.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 03:52 AM
hfboardsuser

Komisarek for Brule? Komisarek can't do too much besides play defense (and he's been spotty at even this recently) but Edmonton's blueline is not lacking for want in this respect. Many will laugh, but he actually solidifies our top-four rather nicely:

Whitney-Gilbert
Peckham-Komisarek
Smid-Barker
Sutton

hfboardsuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 03:58 AM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bugg View Post
Komisarek for Brule? Komisarek can't do too much besides play defense (and he's been spotty at even this recently) but Edmonton's blueline is not lacking for want in this respect. Many will laugh, but he actually solidifies our top-four rather nicely:

Whitney-Gilbert
Peckham-Komisarek
Smid-Barker
Sutton
I agree. I could see Brule as the type of player the Leafs would be willing to take a chance on. Komisarek automatically makes the Oilers defense better. If he's able to play like he did in Montreal again it could be a very good swap for Edmonton and they'd only be taking on a little more than $2.5M in cap space. The actual dollars could be of some concern though as well as Komisarek's contract's length.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 04:03 AM
JeffMangum
Man Girardi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruslan Zainullin View Post
my first reaction is why would toronto give up komisarek? It hardly seems worth it considering Toronto seems to have plenty of decent 2nd liners at this point, and the only first line player edmonton has to offer would be hemsky.
He's done more harm than good for the Leafs' at this point. They don't need him for several reasons:
  • His contract is a burden
  • He has had a steep decline in play the past 2/3 seasons
  • He's, at best, the 6th defenseman on the depth chart. One of Franson/Gunarsson will likely start the year in that spot instead of Komisarek
Komisarek is one of the more 'expendable' players around the league.

He also has a NMC, so I'm not sure Edmonton is a realistic trade option...

08-17-2011, 04:36 AM
Chayos

I think the oilers would have to jump at a deal like this.

Chayos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 04:38 AM
Younghockey94

Quote:

Whitney-Gilbert
Peckham-Komisarek
Smid-Barker
Sutton
That's a terrible top 4.

Younghockey94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 04:54 AM
mytor4*

Quote:
my first reaction is why would toronto give up komisarek? It hardly seems worth it considering Toronto seems to have plenty of decent 2nd liners at this point, and the only first line player edmonton has to offer would be hemsky. That idea is actually interesting, one injury plagued but skilled player for another injury plagued but skilled player. probably have to work in some draft picks but the idea is intriguing.
Not to jump all over you but if you really believe there would be any chance that Edm would let go of Hemsky for Komi i feel a little sorry for you .
Also putting the word skilled with Hemsky is fine but please never try to fool anyone by trying to claim that Komi is a skilled player. It's laughable just thinking about it.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 06:20 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
1: Unrelable source.
2: 4.5M per year for a sluggish injury-prone stay at home d-man seems a little excessive.
3: Horcoff has a NMC
4: RNH is likely going to spend the bulk of the 11/12 season in the WHL, so it's not like Edmonton can afford to have Horcoff leave the team next year even if Edmonton does want to tank next year. (Belanger playing 2nd line C = *puke* )
5: Edmonton already has Smid, Sutton and Peckham to play Komi's style of play for a fraction of the price. I myself would prefer Smid. So what's the point of paying a guy 4.5M to play on the 3rd pairing?

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 06:27 AM
Fourier

Quote:

Whitney-Gilbert
Peckham-Komisarek
Smid-Barker
Sutton
Bugg, if the Oilers did trade for Komisarek, and I absolutely doubt they would, Peckham is not the guy to pair him with. They may be tough, but the puck would never leave the Oilers end.

He was at his best playing with Markov. Markov's skill allowed Komisarek to play a very simple physical game. And Markov was able to cover for his deficiencies, of which there were many. On the Oilers the only guy I could see him being succesful with would be Whitney.

Fourier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 06:38 AM
enthropi

Quote:
Color me "intrigued"...

enthropi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 07:05 AM
Nizdizzle
The Shanaplan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourier View Post
Bugg, if the Oilers did trade for Komisarek, and I absolutely doubt they would, Peckham is not the guy to pair him with. They may be tough, but the puck would never leave the Oilers end.

He was at his best playing with Markov. Markov's skill allowed Komisarek to play a very simple physical game. And Markov was able to cover for his deficiencies, of which there were many. On the Oilers the only guy I could see him being succesful with would be Whitney.
Yup, Komi handles the puck like its a hand grenade ready to blow...

Nizdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 07:11 AM
bascas

The only way this makes any sense is if the trade is for brule and bullin. EDM drops a contract, drops a ancor goalie, gets ride of the player they have been trying to get ride off and gets slitly better on D. But Edm would still have to sign another goalie, maybe Emery. (which will negate the whole contract space gain)

bascas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 07:12 AM
Pax Macioretty

Look at Edmonton's defense, I really hope for you guys that Barker pans out, cause good lord that defense is terrible .

I think Komisarek could turn things around out west, he just (mentioned already in the thread) needs to be paired with an offensive defensmen and play a simple physical game again.

Pax Macioretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 07:21 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Look at Edmonton's defense, I really hope for you guys that Barker pans out, cause good lord that defense is terrible .

I think Komisarek could turn things around out west, he just (mentioned already in the thread) needs to be paired with an offensive defensmen and play a simple physical game again.
Um more like he needs to be paired with an offensive wizzard of the highest quality(Markov) to look like that 4.5M cap hit is a good contract.

Surely one of the top 10 worst contracts in the league.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 07:30 AM
Nizdizzle
The Shanaplan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
Um more like he needs to be paired with an offensive wizzard of the highest quality(Markov) to look like that 4.5M cap hit is a good contract.

Surely one of the top 10 worst contracts in the league.
Thats what everyone said about McCabe before he was traded from the Leafs, then he wasn't even mentioned in the discussions.

Nizdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 07:31 AM
HooliganX2

I just don't see why anyone would give up real value for Komi. IMO opinion teams could have signed Hannan who is a better player currently to a cheaper and shorter term contract.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 07:54 AM
TOGuy14

RNH or bust for Komi

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 08:54 AM
oilWILDcountry

Why would we trade one of our forwards for Komi? Who's below Whitney, Gilbert, Smid, and arguably Peckham? He's in the same mold as Barker, but has a 4.5M price tag for a couple more years...

This just doesn't make sense, EDM is looking for an upgrade at D, not more depth...

oilWILDcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 09:00 AM
Mansfield
possession obsession

Dunno who we'd want from edmonton.

I mean obviously we want many of their players, but we all know that's not happening. Also I thought burke didn't want to deal with edmonton...

Mansfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 09:10 AM
ACC1224

Find it hard to believe that Edmonton would be on the list of 10 Teams Komisarek can be traded to.

ACC1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 09:10 AM
flash 12

EDM don't need komi. Gonchar and Kuba are on the block in OTT. that would help them

flash 12 is offline   Reply With Quote