Halifax Mooseheads/Nathan MacKinnon, 2011-12 Season

Old
09-14-2011, 06:21 PM
LaLaLaprise
lalalaprise -twitter

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDC View Post
It might have a case of wishful thinking. Looking at how high the numbers you calculated out were (I know the 199 meant to be 119), it makes me second guess my rough estimate. I'm still going to guess he hits the 100 mark this season. I'd bet money on it.
Heh no worries...100 could be doable...but i dont know if Id bet money on it...

He will miss some games for U17 but i think a reasonable ppg would be somewhere in the 1.00-1.30...68 game sked would put him at 68-88 range...

LaLaLaprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2011, 05:40 PM
JDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLaLaprise View Post
Heh no worries...100 could be doable...but i dont know if Id bet money on it...

He will miss some games for U17 but i think a reasonable ppg would be somewhere in the 1.00-1.30...68 game sked would put him at 68-88 range...
You keep saying things that make me want to bring my estimate even lower (i.e. missing games for U17 play)

I'm new to being a CHL fan this year. I've always just watched the NHL and felt like I needed more hockey. I could watch the USHL, but . Being that I only have ancestors from Canada in Nova Scotia (Hants County), rooting for Halifax only seems natural. From what I've read, it seems like a hell of a year to starting watching them. I can't imagine what next year will be like.

JDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 05:50 PM
JackFr

7 points in 3 games after one period... welcome to the Q Nathan.

JackFr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 07:38 PM
habsrule4eva3089

Keep this up and you'll earn an invite to World Junior Selection camp as a 16 year old!!! Go Nate Go!!!

habsrule4eva3089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 07:41 PM
JackFr

9 points in 3 games...

JackFr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 08:22 PM
Dgill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgill View Post
Randell may be lucky to even make the team this year.
I would like to retract this statement. Parisen was terrible tonight. He defensive game was not up to par and his shot was terrible. Randell had a solid game that seen him often killing the PK.

Tonight's game was simply awesome. I hope that Ducharme keeps the line of Ciampini-MacKinnon-Ashley together for the season. They were the best line tonight and most exciting players all game. That line sent out before/after a line of Ryan-Grenier-Frk is going to lead to some very exciting hockey. Something that troubled me however is the sloppyness the Moose showed in their own zone at times. All in all, certainly a good game and great way to start at home.

Dgill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 11:32 PM
dm1371

I saw him play and he's a beast! he has a special way to shoot and he looks exciting to watch

dm1371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 11:34 PM
JDC

I have to agree with Dgill. The Ciampini-McKinnon-Ashley line was just awesome to watch. I think we gave Bathurst way too many pp opportunities, ones that were just unnecessary. Other than that, it was nice to see them avenge their loss from the previous weekend.

Last edited by JDC: 09-16-2011 at 11:40 PM. Reason: spelling correction
Old
09-17-2011, 12:09 PM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

I'm sure he'll get an invite to camp, unsure whether or not he'll make the team. Seguin didn't make it afterall he did.

GM17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 12:54 PM
habsrule4eva3089

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM17 View Post
I'm sure he'll get an invite to camp, unsure whether or not he'll make the team. Seguin didn't make it afterall he did.
Unless he keeps up this pace he'll have shot, but I don't see him keeping this pace as he's no Crosby, more on par with Seguin/Stamkos though I think he's better then Seguin at the same age, perhaps more on par with Stammer. But it would be something if he does make the World Junior team at 16 especially with it being on home ice. Sid's the only 16 year old that made it if I can recall since maybe Lindros, not sure~! But hopefully he somehow does that would be something!!!

habsrule4eva3089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 04:00 PM
Andy Dufresne

^^^^ Bouwmeester was 16 as well. Can't think of any others of the top of my head. I'm hoping Sportsnet will jump on the bandwagon and broadcast a few games nationally so us west coasters can see the kid play.

Andy Dufresne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 04:37 PM
Dextaaah

Hey guys I'm looking for a photo of MacKinnon's first goal if someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks

Dextaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 05:51 PM
JDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Dufresne View Post
^^^^ Bouwmeester was 16 as well. Can't think of any others of the top of my head. I'm hoping Sportsnet will jump on the bandwagon and broadcast a few games nationally so us west coasters can see the kid play.
Go to the Halifax Mooseheads website....run your mouse over "Fan Zone"...click on "Webcast"

It would run me 7 or 8 US dollars to watch a single game (I got the season package). I'm not sure what the Canadian equivalent is. Better yet, archived game are 2-3 (with the processing fee and all that) US dollars. You should watch last night's game, if anything.

Old
09-21-2011, 09:33 AM
Flyers12

I'm from Quebec et I will go to Halifax on december 3rd.

What's the section behind the visitor bench et where the visitors score twice at Metro Centre?

Thank you!

Flyers12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 11:16 AM
Dgill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers12 View Post
I'm from Quebec et I will go to Halifax on december 3rd.

What's the section behind the visitor bench et where the visitors score twice at Metro Centre?

Thank you!
The visitors bench is located in section 22-23, the net that the visiting team shoots on twice is directly in front of section 15. If you want to sit in the end where the visitors shoot twice any seat between sections 10-20 will provide you a good view. I am expecting a Moosehead shutout December 3rd however.

Here is a link to the sections, just ignore the floor plan/entertainment stage. The sections are the same for the Moose games. Metro Center Seating

On another note, Frk is not looking good for the games this weekend either. Begins to make you wonder on the severity and what exactly the injury really is...

Dgill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 11:40 AM
Flyers12

Quote:
The visitors bench is located in section 22-23, the net that the visiting team shoots on twice is directly in front of section 15. If you want to sit in the end where the visitors shoot twice any seat between sections 10-20 will provide you a good view. I am expecting a Moosehead shutout December 3rd however.

Here is a link to the sections, just ignore the floor plan/entertainment stage. The sections are the same for the Moose games. Metro Center Seating

On another note, Frk is not looking good for the games this weekend either. Begins to make you wonder on the severity and what exactly the injury really is...
Thank you!

Flyers12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 07:28 AM
LeafDangler

Quote:

The injury is a concussion. He's resumed skating with the team but remains doubtful for this weekend.

LeafDangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 10:30 PM
Scotianhab

Grenier, Hannay, Abeltshauser, & Andrews have been returned to the Moose form their NHL camps.

Scotianhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 10:12 AM
Swedish Mafia
Baby got Backstrom

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotianhab View Post
Grenier, Hannay, Abeltshauser, & Andrews have been returned to the Moose form their NHL camps.
Thats great news, I'm heading to the game tonight and I'm pumped to see Abeltshauser. So is Frk injured or something? any word on when he is coming back?

Swedish Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 11:16 AM
angry pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Mafia View Post
Thats great news, I'm heading to the game tonight and I'm pumped to see Abeltshauser. So is Frk injured or something? any word on when he is coming back?
Frk's being listed as out with an upper body injury, almost all rumours point to a concussion. Palov reported today that Frk will be out all weekend, so it's looking like a week by week status for now. As was previously posted, he's skating with the team again so that's a positive sign.

angry pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 08:24 PM
donghabs98

Moose are having a pretty good start
i can't wait till they play next

donghabs98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 09:41 PM
Swedish Mafia
Baby got Backstrom

Abeltshauser has some diiiirty hands. when he has the puck it is actually a treat to watch

Old
09-24-2011, 04:46 PM
kalvincline

The Mooseheads look real good this year...well at least they look like they finally belong in the league for the first time in 3 years.
Let me know what you guys think about these comments:
- Ashley developed some great hands in the off season
- Abeltshauser looks very confident on the rush but he's got to learn to avoid hitting the shot blocker.
- Hannay looks bigger and stronger this year but he takes by far the dumbest penalties and at the worst time (had a great fight Sept.23rd)
- MacKinnon is the real deal!
- Randall looks like he finally stopped playing Bantam hockey in the offensive zone. He holds on to the puck instead of dumping the puck to where he thinks someone should be.
- MacKinnon's linemates go out of there way to feed him the puck too much...does anyone else see this?
- Cape Breton made a mistake dumping Cuzner.
- Fucale is going to be the starter by the end of the season. He looked a little more confident in his second start and Trenzio can't stop flopping

I'm glad I bought season tickets for this year

Last edited by kalvincline: 09-24-2011 at 04:49 PM. Reason: grammer
kalvincline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 04:58 PM
kalvincline

9Pts after 3 games....

9Pts after 4 games...

The kid is real good and he has Sid likeness but he doesn't whine nearly as good as Sid.

I predict 80-90 without Frk or 90-100 with Frk in the lineup.

kalvincline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 07:42 PM
Swedish Mafia
Baby got Backstrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Dufresne View Post
add spezza to that list