HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Matt Bradley on Semin & the Caps

Old
08-18-2011, 04:17 PM
EroCaps

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roccoman View Post
after he left Brendan Morrison didnt have the greatest review of the way the Caps do business either... at the time it was dismissed as sour grapes by the aristocracy here.

¡Viva la Revolución!
...Fedorov mentioned it as well, Pothier talked up the upgrade in "professionalism" in the Canes room when he was moved and Steckel was "out of shape" when he went to the Devils.

Oh, and there's Arnott's comments.

I'm beyond frustration. Fans have been calling for changes in leadership for two years since it became obvious the Caps were lacking discipline and organization.

It's now on McPhee's head for arrogantly dismissing their critics and making numerous excuses while using Boudreau's regular season record as validation for his actions.

Shockingly, the fans calling us "doom and gloomers" and "haters" are totally MIA following Bradley's comments and Tarik's article.

EroCaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2011, 04:25 PM
fsnoles98

Some of you need to get past thinking everyone of these guys that speaks out that its about sour grapes. Bradley signed and is still in the NHL. He spoke the truth which some of you hate to hear, especially the Semin fanatics. Yes, the guy has talent, but I will say it again and again, he is inconsistent for lack of effort not for ability. I for one think he is a plague on this team. He is one, that for his skating ability, takes the laziest penalties and seems to miss the net more often the hit it. I would take 2 Dale Hunter's for every one of a Semin type player. I favor a team that is built on grit, hustle and determination then pure talent. I like the blue collar workers because that come to work every day and put in an honest day of work. Semin has never been that type of player, for that I would love to see them trade him. Be gone.

fsnoles98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2011, 04:33 PM
Icetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroCaps View Post
It's now on McPhee's head for arrogantly dismissing their critics and making numerous excuses while using Boudreau's regular season record as validation for his actions.

Shockingly, the fans calling us "doom and gloomers" and "haters" are totally MIA following Bradley's comments and Tarik's article.
It's hard to decipher certain goings-on when you have your head stuck in the sand.

Icetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2011, 04:44 PM
txpd

who's mia bud?

@ice...either i agree with you or my head is in the sand? this is not the first time ive seen this thought.
its wrong.

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2011, 04:55 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Apparently Brads is regretting specifying Semin (per Wyno via Knuble).

Whatever. Regretting it doesn't make it less true. Just probably hurtful to a guy he's been teammates with for a long, long time. I just hope Semin realizes that sooo many see so much more potential in him.

(Need a pic of William Wallace talking to Robert the Bruce... or one of Coach Brooks talking to Jim Craig.)

HSHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2011, 04:56 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to usiel
Quote:
...Fedorov mentioned it as well, Pothier talked up the upgrade in "professionalism" in the Canes room when he was moved and Steckel was "out of shape" when he went to the Devils.

Oh, and there's Arnott's comments.

I'm beyond frustration. Fans have been calling for changes in leadership for two years since it became obvious the Caps were lacking discipline and organization.

Oh I'm here. Just enjoying the generally ranting in this thread. Naturally Bradley's Semin comments are fodder for those here with a certain opinion.

08-18-2011, 05:00 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

RE: Bradley's comments on Semin..its hardly anything that we didn't already know. He's been streaky scoring wise since he's been in the league. Just has never been able to put it together as a player between the ears. That being said in my viewing when he's on the PK I think it helps his overally play than when he isn't.

usiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2011, 05:02 PM
Otter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSHS View Post

Whatever. Regretting it doesn't make it less true. Just probably hurtful to a guy he's been teammates with for a long, long time. I just hope Semin realizes that sooo many see so much more potential in him.

(Need a pic of William Wallace talking to Robert the Bruce... or one of Coach Brooks talking to Jim Craig.)
I wonder if that is because he realized that his new teamates and coach are going to think he is the kiss and tell type. I have to imagine pro athletes don't always want people running their mouths about locker room stuff. Evidence is that stories like thisit are so rare. Could make life tough on a bubble guy.

As for Semin, dude really needs to step it up a few notches this year to make a case for himself.

Bradley saying this, despite what I said above about potential reaction with his new team, can be nothing but good for the Caps.

Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2011, 05:11 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

As word of Bradley’s brutally honest assessment spread through a mostly empty Kettler Capitals Iceplex on a sunny August afternoon, the reaction of the handful of team members on hand was telling.

It was a collective shrug. As in, “We know.”

WOW....talk about airing the dirty laundry. There you have it....coaches, GM, Owner, your players admit to these lapses in leadership, discipline, and accountability from players and coaches alike. It's out there for the world to see.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2011, 05:16 PM
Icetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
@ice...either i agree with you or my head is in the sand? this is not the first time ive seen this thought.
its wrong.
You crack me up. I have said this to you before. You are so all over the place that I have no idea where you stand sometimes, but it seems that every time I use the phrase "head in the sand" you chime in and act like I'm talking about you in specific.

Anyways I have warmed to the Company Line. I just like to give them (you?) a hard time.

Icetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2011, 05:18 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSHS View Post

Of course he is. This blew up bigtime. I'm guessing Bradley got some unhappy calls and texts.

Old
08-18-2011, 05:45 PM
txpd

you know...bradley was tip toeing as it was. he was contridicted himself a couple of times, the most obvious when he called out ov nicely but clearly for his lack of preparation and then saying he would never say anything bad about the guy.

it could be that bradley didnt get his point across the way he wanted to. i dont know. i take it at face value. bradley has friends on the capitals likely that he values far more than he valued taking a shot at semin. i wonder if he figured a comment on a very low rated sports station in a rather small media market would go viral like it did.

this much i am fairly confident about. from this forum, brads' comments not only thru a player under the bus, but questioned the best player on the team and opened the door for further negative comments directed at coach and gm and owner. i bet bradley never thought that trashing semin would result in trashing the entire team.

Old
08-18-2011, 06:11 PM
RandyHolt
I Won a Contest

vCash: 0
i think his semin comments are the least telling. Maybe it lights a fire under him this year and a few others. Maybe its what needed to be said.

Matt Bradley's Words = Cup!?

RandyHolt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2011, 09:32 PM
EroCaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by usiel View Post
Oh I'm here. Just enjoying the generally ranting in this thread. Naturally Bradley's Semin comments are fodder for those here with a certain opinion.
That sounds familiar.

They have nothing to add because it's obvious they have been wrong. Flatly wrong.

Old
08-18-2011, 09:55 PM
blokeyhighlander
May = :golfnana:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
i think his semin comments are the least telling. Maybe it lights a fire under him this year and a few others. Maybe its what needed to be said.

If Semin leads us to a Cup this year he might need to do something nice for Brads, maybe donate him some blood.

blokeyhighlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2011, 10:06 PM
Devil Dancer

Semin's attitude and inconsistencies would aggravate me a lot more if he wasn't the 4th or 5th most important player on the team. He can certainly be a frustrating player, but to blame the teams' failures on him the way some people around here do is ridiculous.

Devil Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2011, 10:13 PM
txpd

well...i dont think anyone blames the team's failures on semin. they just point to semin as the brightest indicator that the team is fatally flawed and has no chance. semin proves that boudreau is a slack a$$ coach that will never win a cup and proves that mcphee doesnt have the backbone to do what is necessary to get the caps over the hump.

further, everything that is wrong with semin is also allowed to go wrong with ovechkin and while 8 is more driven to succede on his own when he fails it kills the team. so semin is the canary in the coal mine so to speak.

schultz and green also fall into that group. according to bradley who seemed only to be talking about forwards there were other forwards that let the team down, but semin was the only one he was willing to blow the whistle on. the questioner basically fleshed out that ovechkin is another one. the comments would indicate one or more other primary forwards also were to blame.

so its not just semin. semin is just a sign of how deep the problems runs.

Old
08-18-2011, 10:24 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Dancer View Post
Semin's attitude and inconsistencies would aggravate me a lot more if he wasn't the 4th or 5th most important player on the team. He can certainly be a frustrating player, but to blame the teams' failures on him the way some people around here do is ridiculous.
This is what lowered expectations do for a fan base. Semin has underachieved for so long, that nobody expects more of him anymore.

According to Bradley he could be the best player on the team (if not the league) if he gave a damn. That's more than blame worthy, at least in part. If you believe Bradley, he's at least the 2nd most important Cap as he can take over a game when he's on.

Old
08-18-2011, 10:34 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
That sounds familiar.

They have nothing to add because it's obvious they have been wrong. Flatly wrong.
Well I just at things more positively. Love the change GMGM made in free agency. And I gotta believe that AO and Backstrom will rebound and the young core continue to mature as individual hockey players as well as team players. Roster looks good. Hopefully continued development of MoJo.

Probably the thing I wanted to see is probably a change at the Coach position just to shake things up in a few ways. But I can see the other side as well. Slighty heartened to hear BB tweaking his system.

I'm looking forward to the season starting. Probably due the Habs playoff lost the year before last I hated the regular season last year. I'm not doing that again. Should enjoy the regular season and hopefully get the #1 seed in the east. Then when the 2nd season starts it will full on stress, heh.

usiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2011, 10:35 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Quote:
Originally Posted by blokeyhighlander View Post
If Semin leads us to a Cup this year he might need to do something nice for Brads, maybe donate him some blood.
Nice.

Old
08-18-2011, 10:43 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Quote:

I'm looking forward to the season starting. Probably due the Habs playoff lost the year before last I hated the regular season last year. I'm not doing that again. Should enjoy the regular season and hopefully get the #1 seed in the east. Then when the 2nd season starts it will full on stress, heh.
I know I am as well. I think that a good amount of critics are very happy with the changed tone from the leadership and players but rightly are waiting to see (wherever their respective thresholds).

I'm more excited going into this year than any other.

Old
08-19-2011, 09:48 AM
chsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post

You are a few primadonnas away from it....

chsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 12:53 PM
EroCaps

Quote:
Well I just at things more positively. Love the change GMGM made in free agency. And I gotta believe that AO and Backstrom will rebound and the young core continue to mature as individual hockey players as well as team players. Roster looks good. Hopefully continued development of MoJo.

Probably the thing I wanted to see is probably a change at the Coach position just to shake things up in a few ways. But I can see the other side as well. Slighty heartened to hear BB tweaking his system.

GMGM had a very good offseason if you don't count finding a new coach. Which is probably going to be the biggest factor for them. Nevertheless, I'll enjoy this season more as well for all the reasons you mentioned + watching Colorado's 1st round pick.

Old
08-19-2011, 12:59 PM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

I'm definitely in favor of the offseason moves. Guys in the locker room tend to push each other, and we look to have a lot more pushers this year as opposed to pushees. If leopards can change their spots then we might be in for a very nice ride.

ChibiPooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 01:43 PM
txpd

Quote:
GMGM had a very good offseason if you don't count finding a new coach. Which is probably going to be the biggest factor for them. Nevertheless, I'll enjoy this season more as well for all the reasons you mentioned + watching Colorado's 1st round pick.
please correct me if i am wrong, but your position has been that the caps are going no where as long as boudreau is behind the bench and semin on the team. all the rest is just shuffling the deck chairs on the titanic. isnt watching when they have no chance more frustrating than enjoyable?