HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Other Sports Thread XI

Closed Thread

Old
09-15-2011, 12:15 AM
Rhaego

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Jones View Post
They do. Outside of the Giants and Phillies the rockies have one of the most talented organizations in the NL.
Meh... Tulo, Cargo, Fowler. Thats it. Helton's old and everyone else is average at best. Rosario looks like he could be a keeper and White and Pomeranz have been solid, but were not that talented if our prospect don't absolutely hit.

Hopefully we can get David Wright or Michael Cuddyer in the offseason though. That would be great.

Old
09-15-2011, 12:40 AM
Colorado Sports Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockies94 View Post
The bad thing is, it was for Eric Young + :shake head
And the Rangers were willing to take on a good chunk of the money owed to Michael Young.

The only reason I can think of as to why they didn't pull the trigger is because the Monforts are doing a favor to EY Sr. Because let's be honest EY Junior is fast...and that's it. If it wasn't for the Rockies I doubt he would be on any teams Major League roster.

Old
09-15-2011, 12:42 AM
Helton4Hall
Internet Charlatan

I have hope EY JR can become a passable bench bat. Obviously I never want to see him manning a position, but if he could hit .260+ he could be a good pinch runner and whatnot.

That said, should have done the deal.

Old
09-15-2011, 12:49 AM
Helton4Hall
Internet Charlatan

FWIW, if any of you guys want to rekindle hope for tyler matzek, now is the time. In his last six outings he's got a 2.44 ERA, pitching 41 innings with 19 walks and 44 K's.

I know his BB ratio sounds high, but when you consider that he's got 96 walks in 97 innings pitched this year, his command has greatly improved.

Old
09-15-2011, 09:09 PM
ABasin
SelkeCaliber Defense

This play-Tebow thing has gotten beyond stupid. If I didn't have enough reason to cheer for the Broncos to win, I do now - please end the endless articles (etc) about this. Billboards now? Come on...

History is likely going to look back at this as a really, really silly time in Broncos history.

-AB

Old
09-15-2011, 10:55 PM
Bonzai12

Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Sports Fan View Post
The only reason I can think of as to why they didn't pull the trigger is because the Monforts are doing a favor to EY Sr.

EY Sr. is Arizona's 1B coach. I doubt they have that much loyalty to him.

Old
09-15-2011, 11:14 PM
chet1926

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABasin View Post
This play-Tebow thing has gotten beyond stupid. If I didn't have enough reason to cheer for the Broncos to win, I do now - please end the endless articles (etc) about this. Billboards now? Come on...

History is likely going to look back at this as a really, really silly time in Broncos history.

-AB
This whole lets play Orton even though he continues through mediocrity has gotten beyond stupid. See what I'd there.

Its not just a Tebow thing, fans like me are just sick and tired of watching ****ing Lloyd Christmas (Orton), go through the motions, never make a play and lose. That dropped ball last game was the epitome of Kyle Orton. Even when you play like crap, you're still in the game because the defense decided to show up, the coach calls the perfect play, you're about to walk into the end zone...but no Orton finds a way to blow it. Orton is a loser, guy couldn't win a game even if the other team said here you go we won't try to tackle you we'll just let you walk into the end zone. Orton would either drop the football or more likely just trip over his own feet.

I can't speak for everyone but even if Tebow wasn't on the team, I'd probably be yelling for his backup to get a shot because guess what Orton has had 2 years worth of shots and he just isn't getting it done.

I think the players are even getting sick of Orton's bullcrap. The guy is an all world practice player and that is the player the team sees in camp and practice and we hear how awesome he is, but then come game time real Orton shows up and its a cowardly, turtleing , can't move in the pocket player. And I think that is starting to frustrate players like Champ who want to win, but know they can't do it with Orton playing the way he does in games.

Does this mean I think Tebow is the answer...NO it means that I would much rather watch a guy who gives a rats ass, and gives it his all every Sunday to try to will the team to a victory, which is what Tebow will do. Will it lead to wins..maybe, maybe not but sure beats watching that turd Orton.

Old
09-16-2011, 12:04 AM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

Given the weight of McD's reign of cronyism Elway and Fox do have to go through the motions with Orton for a bit. They can't be wedded to him as much as reputed given that they tried to take the painless solution and trade him.

Old
09-16-2011, 12:25 AM
Rhaego

Play Tebow now. If he sucks, Luck. If he's good, Tebow.

While were at it lets trade Orton to the Colts, bare minimum it will get them out of the Luck race

Old
09-16-2011, 01:58 AM
madman
Deadmarsh Deli Dills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockies94 View Post
Play Tebow now. If he sucks, Luck. If he's good, Tebow.

While were at it lets trade Orton to the Colts, bare minimum it will get them out of the Luck race
Agreed. I'm not a Tebow fanboy, but the writing is on the wall for Orton (fair or not). Andrew Luck is a stud.

Old
09-16-2011, 02:08 PM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

Yeah I'm not so much pro-Tebow as I am anti-Orton.

If Neckbeard were more willing to be a mentor and team player with Saint Tim as opposed to barely contained hostility it would help his contract prospects this off season.

Old
09-16-2011, 02:29 PM
Bonzai12

1) Orton somewhat got himself into this mess by not agreeing to contract terms with Miami. So I don't feel too terribly bad for Orton. He has his money and FA but he sacrificed happiness. That was his decision.

2) I don't think Tebow is the answer. I keep hearing more and more that the entire locker room is behind Orton. If I was a player on the team, I'd want the brass to play the guy with the best chance of winning too, and that's Orton. Face it - Tebow, Orton, Qunn....They all suck. We don't have a good QB on this entire roster. But Orton is the lesser of the evils here.

3) I'm not 100% sold on Luck. Look what happened during Locker's senior year. if Luck can repeat his 2010 performance then I will be impressed, but I don't see him as a "shoe-in". The guy had one stellar year of college football. How many QB's in the past have went in the first round with a similar resume and just absolutely flopped? There's a LOT of them. For teams to be tanking to draft a (so far) one-year wonder is absolutely nuts.

Old
09-16-2011, 07:53 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 400
Do you believe Orton is being kept in as #1 as to try to get some value out of Cutler trade?

With the draft picks not doing well do you think Broncos are hoping that Orotn can show enough to justify the deal?

Old
09-16-2011, 08:28 PM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

That albatros is around McD's neck.

The new regime needed to prove that arbitrary removals of players isn't part of the program anymore.

Old
09-16-2011, 08:52 PM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

I was hearing from some people that Quinn trained with the Manning brothers this summer... I think if push comes to shove we could see how he works in a blowout game.

Old
09-18-2011, 03:04 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

The list of inactives for today's game is staggering. Of course Knowshon is hurt again...just cut his stupid ass already.

As far as Orton/Tebow is concerned, I don't excuse the irrationality but I certainly understand it. Orton just bores the **** out of us--he's an immobile pocket passer who takes forever to release the ball, and his throws look weak and/or inaccurate. I understand why the coaching staff wants to use him (like it or not he's the best QB on the team) but I also understand why we fans are pulling our hair out watching him.

One thing Fox DOES need to do is something McDouchebag figured out early on. Orton is ridiculously bad in the red zone--put Tebow in at least if you want to punch it into the end zone.

Of all the things McD ruined, I can't believe how badly he screwed up the O-Line. Before he showed up it was one of the better lines in the league. Now? You gotta be kidding me.

Old
09-18-2011, 04:31 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

Holy **** Orton did something right in the red zone

also LOLOLOLOLOLOL raiders

Old
09-18-2011, 05:42 PM
chet1926

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorOfGandhi View Post
Holy **** Orton did something right in the red zone

also LOLOLOLOLOLOL raiders
You spoke to soon as Orton on his second attempt resorted back to his old ways.

Old
09-18-2011, 06:00 PM
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz

vCash: 562
Decker looks like one draft pick McDaniels got right. That's like 1 out of 20?

Old
09-18-2011, 06:09 PM
Bonzai12

I think Demaryius Thomas is going to be good too, if they can ever get him back. I think he's probably one of the top 3 offensive players we're going to have on this team.

Old
09-18-2011, 06:34 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

Damn, that was an incredible play

Old
09-18-2011, 07:08 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

awesome stop

Old
09-18-2011, 07:59 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Man, after going to training camp the last two days and watching some up-tempo hockey, that game was real boring. Two teams with very little talent on them. Nice to see Miller get his first sack. He was getting double teamed frequently. AJ Green is going to be a special player. Looks like he weighs about 150 pounds though.

All these injuries are getting a bit ridiculous though.

Old
09-18-2011, 08:30 PM
ABasin
SelkeCaliber Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov View Post
Man, after going to training camp the last two days and watching some up-tempo hockey, that game was real boring. Two teams with very little talent on them.
I had the same thought. Though I can't find it in me to fault Mays' game today. He really showed up to play.

-AB

Old
09-18-2011, 08:56 PM
Rhaego

I still hate Orton.

Suck for Luck

Closed Thread