Last home game for the Rockies today.....Time to reflect on the ultimate suck job this team did this year and to look forward to next year..
Per Cot's these are the decisions we have to make for next year contract-wise:
Jim Tracy - Signed through 2012
- I don't see the Rockies getting rid of him only to give someone else a deal. The Monforts are too cheap to let him go. Aaron Cook - 2012 $11M (Mutual Option - $0.5M buyout)
- Cook is all but gone at that price. Ian Stewart - Arb 2
- One of the more interesting arby cases this winter. I think the Rockies will walk away. Mark Ellis - FA
- I don't see him coming back. Kouzmanoff - Arb 3
- Meh. Could go either way. Spilly - Arb 3
- Hope they bring Spilly back! Millwood - FA
- I actually think they may re-sign him to a one year deal to bridge the gap for the young guys. JC Romero - FA
- Gone. Giambi - FA
- Either is coming back as a player or as a coach. Seth Smith - Arb 1
- Will keep him definitely. One of the only bright spots of the team. Dexter Fowler - Arb 1
- Will keep him, but he really screwed himself this year. This is going to be a brutal arby case because I imagine the Rockies will want to keep him for about $1M. They'd be stupid to offer him more.
Guys, I have a question: Why didn't the Broncos decline that illegal formation penalty at the end of the game (the 1st down play on the Titans last drive)?
Had they declined the penalty, it would have been 2nd down and 7 with around 1:33 to go, and as it turned out, the Titans would have had 4th down to run at 0:41 instead of 3rd down, and the Broncos would have at least gotten the ball back. Yes, there was a chance that the Titans could have gained 7 yards in two plays, but giving them 1st down over again almost guaranteed the clock would run out.
It seems to me, the Broncos got a free down with clock stoppage there, and didn't take advantage of it. If they had declined the penalty, would the clock have re-started when they set the ball down or something?
So how much longer do I have to watch Kyle Orton lose games for the Broncos?? Same old story for KO not converting red zone opportunities, not converting 3rd downs, and throwing a pick when it matters the most.
I find it impossible to believe that Tebow couldn't at least match 24/39 173yrds 2TDs 2INTs and a passer rating of 67.9.
Its time to get KO out of games, he just isn't getting it done. I thought when we got a defense and a running game KO was supposed to take off. Well he hasn't if anything he might have gotten worse...its time to stop making excuses for this bum and give someone else a turn. Tebow, Quinn I really don't care just no more Orton.
Debatable but I'd probably go with Luck. There is a high possibility that Luck turns into the next great QB, Brady or Manning level. Yakupov is good but will he be on the level of Crosby or Ovechkin I'm not sold on that quite yet.