HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Streaking

Old
10-04-2014, 05:29 AM
WickedWinger

vCash: 500
Streaking

Made you look

As some of you may know from a previous thread of mine, I recently broke my beloved CCM Pro Stock stick, that I had been using for the better part of two seasons. Due to various reasons I was unable to find a suitable replacement that felt the same to me. So once she was gone, I fell into a slump.

Now before the break I was on an 8 game points streak. I had racked up two points a game (some games were: 1G /1A. Others were 2G) post break, I went 5 games without finding the back of the net or assisting anybody else in doing so. last week the curse was finally lifted though. It was an ugly one, cleaning up some trash in front of the net, but I'll take it. So the pointless streak is finally over and I feel like life can go on now.

So I decided to make this thread for fun to hear about some of you guy's longest streaks. How many games did you have to endure without a single point? How long were you riding high on that goal scoring streak? Refused to bath during the play offs? How many weeks was it before your family had a garden hose intervention with you?

So if you've got any hockey related streaks lets hear them

Oh and sorry in advance if something like this has already been posted. For some reason I can't type anything in the search box, my phone freaks out on me when I try.

WickedWinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2014, 09:04 AM
Eazy for Kuzy
Allez les Bleus!

vCash: 1040
Last year, went 10 games without a goal. At least I got my usual assist per game during that span, so I stayed above a PPG.

Ended the goal scoring drought with a hat trick on the 11th game .

Eazy for Kuzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2014, 10:55 AM
Clarkington III
Rebuild? Refresh?

I once went just about a whole season (13-15 games) without scoring a goal. I was doing a lot of switching back and forth from forward to defense, but just couldn't get anything going. We kept winning so I didn't care much, but it was rough.

Now, I have no issue switching back in forth either in the season or in the game. I understand my strengths at either position and I do just those.

Clarkington III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2014, 11:54 AM
Goonzilla
Welcome to my house!

Don't keep track, but been struggling to buy many goals this season. No trouble playing pick up, but come game time I've wrung them off the posts, had the goal come off instantaneously with scoring and been disallowed, had the goalie all ends up and had his face get in the way and had the goalie glove them blindly when they could have no clue where the puck was. Talk about frustrating.

To top it off, not even any garbage goals have come my way and the ones that have gone in have had to be scored.

Goonzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2014, 12:57 PM
Mikey 48
Still D.R.E.J.

Last year was my first season back after a few years off, so I had to shake off some rust at the beginning of the season.

In the first 11 games, I had 5 points. In the last 7 games, I had 11 points. I also scored in the one game I subbed in for my friend's summer league against much better competition than the league I play in.

Mikey 48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2014, 01:13 PM
WickedWinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacifist Goon View Post
Don't keep track, but been struggling to buy many goals this season. No trouble playing pick up, but come game time I've wrung them off the posts, had the goal come off instantaneously with scoring and been disallowed, had the goalie all ends up and had his face get in the way and had the goalie glove them blindly when they could have no clue where the puck was. Talk about frustrating.

To top it off, not even any garbage goals have come my way and the ones that have gone in have had to be scored.
Sounds a lot like my last five games. The games where I played good, the other teams goalie or defense played great. Combine that with some wild shots and missed empty net shots and I was definitely wondering if I was truly cursed.

Old
10-05-2014, 01:31 PM
Goonzilla
Welcome to my house!

I'm on a 'how the #%^* did that not go in' streak.

Goonzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2014, 01:46 PM
OilerPensfan97
Tie the Noose

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedWinger View Post
Made you look
Yup. I thought at first you were actually talking about naked people running on to the rink .

OilerPensfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2014, 09:27 AM
WickedWinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerPensfan94 View Post
Yup. I thought at first you were actually talking about naked people running on to the rink .
Ice/sticks/razor sharp skate blades... hockey streaking would definitely be some next level crazy, lol.