HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ducks 2011-12 Training Camp Discussion (Maroon assigned Syracuse, Smaby on IR)

Old
09-26-2011, 04:25 PM
McDonald19
Hampus

vCash: 500
It's looking like Jacques won't face anymore punishment. Something would have been announced by now.

McDonald19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 04:27 PM
alx83*

Yeah, you guys are right about that. I'm happy with it, because he looked great out there with Max and Parros.

alx83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 04:49 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald19 View Post
Syracuse fans should be excited.

Holland-Palmieri should be fun to watch.
No kidding, that's exactly what I thought to myself. I'm not too up to date with the better AHL teams' lineups, but it feels like this Crunch group should have some decent success, after all.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 04:57 PM
kducks
Duck Off

vCash: 50
Anyone going to the Beauch Q & A tomorrow?

http://ducks.ocregister.com/2011/09/...uchemin/73493/

Just signed up for PS & I. We went to the one with Lupul a couple years ago.

kducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 05:09 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
It's looking like Jacques won't face anymore punishment. Something would have been announced by now.
According to Nick Kypreos he has a hearing tomorrow. So we may still see some additional games tacked on to the automatic 1 game.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 07:13 PM
McDonald19
Hampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
According to Nick Kypreos he has a hearing tomorrow. So we may still see some additional games tacked on to the automatic 1 game.
Thats unfortunate. Hopefully he doesn't get any regular season games added on.

McDonald19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 10:57 PM
mightyquack
You're the man Teemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaspud View Post
TSN is pushing for a longer term suspension, with the 2 bull-**** artists Dreger and McKenzie leading the charge, but it would've been mentioned by now, if more disciplinary action were to follow his manditory 1 game.
They are two of the best ******** artists

If Duco didn't turtle like a little ***** after mouthing off all game to our captain. As long as he doesn't get 10 games or something like that. I'd be fine getting 2 games or something along those lines, even if I think Duco is a little *****

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 11:02 PM
Paul4587

Dreger and McKenzie have absolutely no impact on any suspension length. They're just reporting what they hear. And they're two of the most reliable guys in the media, I wouldn't call them ******** artists.

Old
09-26-2011, 11:02 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
They are two of the best ******** artists

If Duco didn't turtle like a little ***** after mouthing off all game to our captain. As long as he doesn't get 10 games or something like that. I'd be fine getting 2 games or something along those lines, even if I think Duco is a little *****
Sadly......

Quote:
70.10 Fines and Suspensions – The first player to leave the players’ or penalty bench during an altercation or for the purpose of starting an altercation from either or both teams shall be suspended automatically without pay for the next ten (10) regular League and/or Play-off games of his team.

The second player to leave the players’ or penalty bench during an altercation or for the purpose of starting an altercation from either or both teams shall be suspended automatically without pay for the next five (5) regular League and/or Play-off games.

The determination as to which players shall be deemed the first or second players to have left their respective players’ or penalty benches shall be made by the Referees in consultation with the Linesmen and off-ice officials. In the event that they areunable to identify the offending players, the matter will be referred to the Commissioner or his designee and such determinations may be made subsequently based on reports and other information including but not limited to television tapes.

Any team that has a player penalized for being the first or second player to leave the players’ or penalty bench during an altercation or for the purpose of starting an altercation, shall be fined ten thousand dollars ($10,000) for the first instance. This fine shall be increased by five thousand dollars ($5,000) for each subsequent occurrence over the next following three-year period.

All players as well as the first and second players who leave the bench during an altercation or for the purpose of starting an altercationshall be subject to an automatic fine in the amount equal to the maximum permitted under the collective bargaining agreement.

Any player who leaves the penalty bench during an altercation and is not the first player to do so, shall be suspended automatically without pay for the next five (5) regular League and/or Play-off games.

Any Club executive or non-playing Club personnel not normally on the players’ bench, who gets on the ice after the start of a period and before that period is ended, will be automatically fined two hundred dollars ($200) and the Referee will report the incident to the Commissioner for disciplinary action.

Any player who has been ordered to the dressing room by the officials and returns to his bench or to the ice surface for any reason before the appropriate time shall be assessed a game misconduct and shall be suspended automatically without pay for the next ten (10) regular League and/or Play-off games.

The Coach(es) of the team(s) whose player(s) (including goalkeepers) left the players’ bench(es) or penalty bench(es)during an altercation shall be suspended, pending a review by the Commissioner. The Coach(es) also will be fined a maximum of ten thousand dollars ($10,000).

For all suspensions imposed on players under this rule, the Club of the player shall pay to the League a sum equal to the pro-rata of that player or goalkeeper’s salary covered by the suspension. For purposes of computing amounts due for a player’s suspension, the player’s fixed salary shall be divided by the number of days in the regular season and then, said result shall be multiplied by the number of games suspended.

In addition, any Club that is deemed by the Commissioner to pay or reimburse to the player the amount of the fine or loss of salary assessed under this rule shall be fined automatically one hundred thousand dollars ($100,000).

In the event that suspensions imposed under this rule cannot be completed in regular League and/or Play-off games in any one season, the remainder of the suspension shall be served the following season.
It's black and white. We had someone do this last year (Winchester I think?) and get a match penalty for it but didn't get the suspension, but there's a new sheriff in town.......

Ducks DVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 11:07 PM
mightyquack
You're the man Teemu

Wow that's a terrible rule

Had no idea it even existed. Bummer for the team as well since Beleskey isn't ready as Jacques was looking solid

Old
09-26-2011, 11:16 PM
DuckTech
In vino veritas

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
Wow that's a terrible rule

Had no idea it even existed. Bummer for the team as well since Beleskey isn't ready as Jacques was looking solid
I think this may be a reason why McGratten and Maroon were not sent down to the AHL

DuckTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 11:19 PM
mightyquack
You're the man Teemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckTech View Post
I think this may be a reason why McGratten and Maroon were not sent down to the AHL
That is true they will probably see some minutes till Beleskey is ready to go. More sandpaper for the 4th line

Old
09-27-2011, 02:22 AM
Papaspud
Vatman

If shanny decides to add more games to JFJ's 1 game suspension, Wednesday's game should be a run the Sedins affair. Hit every 'nucks skill player over and over, and if they have any response have McGratten and Parros punch to hurt, like what happened to Westgarth last night. Duco will be there new Cooke. Start something their stars will pay for.

Papaspud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 03:11 AM
warlockmb

Quote:
Syracuse fans should be excited.

Holland-Palmieri should be fun to watch.

Crunch fans are more than excited as this may be the best team on paper we have ever seen. I would bet Deschamps plays with Holland and Palmieri and that might be the best line in the A this year. A second line of Maroon, Bonino, and Sexton is a most likely a first line on any other team in the AHL but here a second line. And with Bell and Schofield as the other centers and the D that is coming along with the goaltenders there is no reason we do not compete for the Calder Cup even with call ups and injuries.

I am so happy for Maxime Macenauer as I called that he would be the 4th line center over the summer. He deserved the call up last season and never got it but are you guys in for a surprise! He is your next Pahlsson, As he can play center, Kill penalties and chip in about 10 goals and 15 assists no problem. He was my favorite Cruncher last season.

I will keep you all posted throughout the season on all the games and prospects. If anyone wants to know more than stats on any prospect PM me and will let you know, Can't wait for the puck to drop on the NHL and AHL. Hockey is back !!!!!

warlockmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 04:38 AM
Kalvinators
Go Ducks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by warlockmb View Post
Crunch fans are more than excited as this may be the best team on paper we have ever seen. I would bet Deschamps plays with Holland and Palmieri and that might be the best line in the A this year. A second line of Maroon, Bonino, and Sexton is a most likely a first line on any other team in the AHL but here a second line. And with Bell and Schofield as the other centers and the D that is coming along with the goaltenders there is no reason we do not compete for the Calder Cup even with call ups and injuries.

I am so happy for Maxime Macenauer as I called that he would be the 4th line center over the summer. He deserved the call up last season and never got it but are you guys in for a surprise! He is your next Pahlsson, As he can play center, Kill penalties and chip in about 10 goals and 15 assists no problem. He was my favorite Cruncher last season.

I will keep you all posted throughout the season on all the games and prospects. If anyone wants to know more than stats on any prospect PM me and will let you know, Can't wait for the puck to drop on the NHL and AHL. Hockey is back !!!!!
Hope Crunch will do really well this season. Not sure if they can keep the pace they were at the end of the last season, though. They really MUST get to the PO. Is DiPienta still with the team? And when does season starts?

About Macenauer: influenced by yours, and other Crunch fans reports, i was really happy about him. Reminds me of McMillan a lot, but maybe he can at least win faceoffs. And then he impressed me in the camp. Looks like he would really be our 4th line center, he clicked with Parros and Jacques ( who`ll probably be sespended for half of the season ). It makes sense when Ducks allready have cut 4 wery good centers to Syracuse. Really hope he can take it to the next level.

Don`t be afraid to post requested reports here, i would love to read any info about the team here, and i would assume other would love it to. This is the reason for Crunch topic afterall.

Last edited by Kalvinators: 09-27-2011 at 07:18 AM.
Kalvinators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 06:10 AM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

vCash: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
Sadly......

It's black and white. We had someone do this last year (Winchester I think?) and get a match penalty for it but didn't get the suspension, but there's a new sheriff in town.......
Maybe it's just me, but I'm not sure that this rule applies. I mean it sounds like it does, but what does "leave the bench" mean?

Going by analogy with other sports, it typically applies to when a player is not supposed to be out on the field/court/etc and comes from the bench area to join/start an altercation.

OTH, those sports don't allow player changes during play like hockey does. Clearly the rule would apply if it wasn't a legal line change, but does it really apply if Jacques made a legal line change then charged straight for Duco?

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 07:21 AM
Kalvinators
Go Ducks!

Gordon on Twitter:

Quote:
What a meal i had at the Hiller residence today! The Swiss sure now how to make cheese. #stayheavy

Good to see Hillsy helping out the new guy.

Kalvinators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 09:08 AM
Lupul1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
Sadly......

This rule doesn't apply here. Do you remember Penguins vs NY Islanders game from last season? Godard got 10 games for coming from the bench to protect his goalie, but he was the 6th Penguins skater on the ice. That's why he was suspended. Jacques didn't jump on the ice as an additional player like Godard did.

He'll probably get a few games, but who cares. DSP would have played instead of him anyway.

Lupul1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 01:27 PM
Gibson Les Palms
pas assez bon

vCash: 50
Curtis Zupke

Quote:
Andrew Cogliano skating w/ Koivu and Selanne. Other lines are Parros-McMillan-Maroon and Gordon-Macenauer-Smith-Pelly.
Quote:
Toni Lydman skating in Ducks practice but wearing the no-contact jersey.

Looks very likely that Macenauer will make it. Good for him.

Kinda interesting that Cogs is NOT playing centre.

Gibson Les Palms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 01:50 PM
Gliff
Kesbae

vCash: 1075
where is blake?

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 02:06 PM
rocsfeather
jump

Yeah no mention of Blake? Regardless with those lines I think they are just mixing with bottom six chemistry, getting McMillan some training camp time at center and also seeing where the chemistry is with Cogliano on the 2nd line if that's an option they want to go with/Carlyle is coaching this year.

rocsfeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 03:01 PM
Papaspud
Vatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gliff View Post
where is blake?
He got suspended for his 2 heavy boarding penalties against the queens on Sunday.

Old
09-27-2011, 03:13 PM
Papaspud
Vatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
Dreger and McKenzie have absolutely no impact on any suspension length. They're just reporting what they hear. And they're two of the most reliable guys in the media, I wouldn't call them ******** artists.
Per TSN, which those two have been linking in each tweet:

{eot}

Text Size
J.F. Jacques of the Anaheim Ducks is facing potential supplementary discipline from the NHL as a result of his actions in a pre-season game Saturday night against the Vancouver Canucks.

Jacques is expected to receive an automatic one-(preseason) game suspension for being assessed an instigator penalty in the final five minutes of the game, and Anaheim head coach Randy Carlyle is also likely to receive the $10,000 fine that is part of that rule.

But Jacques could be facing additional discipline.

While league disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan has the power to rescind the automatic penalties on the instigator if he feels they're not warranted, there is no reason to believe that will happen in this instance.

But Shanahan must also decide what, if any, punishment Jacques will receive for apparently violating rule 70, which applies to any player who on a legal line change comes onto the ice for the expressed purpose of starting a fight.

Jacques came off the bench on a legal line change but immediately made a beeline to Vancouver's Mike Duco for the purposes of starting a fight.

There is no prescribed punishment for violation of this rule and any action is at the discretion of Shanahan, who has already suspended two players in the pre-season and has another two suspension cases pending.

The bolded and underlined are mine. Reporting is one thing, making assumptions, and creating interest under the guise of reporting is what they actually do. This entire headline and story is up on TSN, as a way of "helping" Shanny by keeping it in the forefront. Not really just "reporting" the news, if you help create the news...or at least keep the fire going. If you remember the "Pronger Stomp", nary a call on the play, not one comment in the news....UNTIL these 2, as well as the Vancouver media started their "reporting". Just saying..

Last edited by Papaspud: 09-27-2011 at 03:19 PM.
Old
09-27-2011, 03:28 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaspud View Post
Per TSN, which those two have been linking in each tweet:

{eot}

Text Size
J.F. Jacques of the Anaheim Ducks is facing potential supplementary discipline from the NHL as a result of his actions in a pre-season game Saturday night against the Vancouver Canucks.

Jacques is expected to receive an automatic one-(preseason) game suspension for being assessed an instigator penalty in the final five minutes of the game, and Anaheim head coach Randy Carlyle is also likely to receive the $10,000 fine that is part of that rule.

But Jacques could be facing additional discipline.

While league disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan has the power to rescind the automatic penalties on the instigator if he feels they're not warranted, there is no reason to believe that will happen in this instance.

But Shanahan must also decide what, if any, punishment Jacques will receive for apparently violating rule 70, which applies to any player who on a legal line change comes onto the ice for the expressed purpose of starting a fight.

Jacques came off the bench on a legal line change but immediately made a beeline to Vancouver's Mike Duco for the purposes of starting a fight.

There is no prescribed punishment for violation of this rule and any action is at the discretion of Shanahan, who has already suspended two players in the pre-season and has another two suspension cases pending.

The bolded and underlined are mine. Reporting is one thing, making assumptions, and creating interest under the guise of reporting is what they actually do. This entire headline and story is up on TSN, as a way of "helping" Shanny by keeping it in the forefront. Not really just "reporting" the news, if you help create the news...or at least keep the fire going. If you remember the "Pronger Stomp", nary a call on the play, not one comment in the news....UNTIL these 2, as well as the Vancouver media started their "reporting". Just saying..
Again, they're just reporting what they hear, whether the league suspends a player or not has no relevance to what McKenzie and Dreger say. And that article wasn't written by either of them anyway.

Despite what many think, there is no conspiracy that the media is out to get the Ducks. There are just as many ******** calls and suspensions on players of other teams as there is Anaheim.

Old
09-27-2011, 03:31 PM
parrosfan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by gliff View Post
where is blake?
Eric Stephens twitteted earlier that he was on a line with McGrattan and JFJ.

http://twitter.com/#!/icemancometh/s...47539787874305

Quote:
Looks like Matt Beleskey has been cleared for contact. Skating on fourth line with Blake and Jacques/McGrattan in drills.

parrosfan16 is offline   Reply With Quote