HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Buffalo Bills, Preseason (1-3)

Closed Thread

Old
08-18-2011, 01:21 PM
vcv
Deal with it

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to vcv
Buffalo Bills, Preseason (1-3)

Continue discussions of how awesome Dareus is here.

Old
08-18-2011, 01:22 PM
MyersMagic57*

Go BIlls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HYAHHHHH

Old
08-18-2011, 03:20 PM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

In before Dareus's first sack... OH WAIT NOPE. My Dareus jersey came yesterday

Old
08-18-2011, 03:41 PM
Goose08

Anyone else like the idea of making a bid on Pryor in the supplemental draft with our 4th round pick? I'm not sure if that would be high enough to get him but if we use the Bills 4th round pick instead of the Ravens, it would mean that almost any other team would have to use a 3rd round or better.

I'm really not sure what he is worth but from what I've read, he's not quite ready to make the leap to NFL starter which makes me think teams aren't going to be willing to drop a 1st or even 2nd round pick on him.

Old
08-18-2011, 03:44 PM
HarryNealesGarden
Big Daddy Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose08 View Post
Anyone else like the idea of making a bid on Pryor in the supplemental draft with our 4th round pick? I'm not sure if that would be high enough to get him but if we use the Bills 4th round pick instead of the Ravens, it would mean that almost any other team would have to use a 3rd round or better.

I'm really not sure what he is worth but from what I've read, he's not quite ready to make the leap to NFL starter which makes me think teams aren't going to be willing to drop a 1st or even 2nd round pick on him.
He's worth no more than a sixth-rounder, IMO

Old
08-18-2011, 03:45 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Like I said in the other thread, I want nothing to do with Pryor. I think he's gonna be a big-time bust.

Old
08-18-2011, 03:52 PM
Goose08

I dont follow the college game so I only know what I've read about him. However, I think it would be worth it to risk "busting" on a 4th round pick (especially since we have 2 of them next year) for someone with that much possible upside.

If it works out even reasonably well, it's a great move. If Pryor ends up being a huge bust we only blew a 4th round pick, which we have 2 of anyway.

Old
08-18-2011, 03:57 PM
ZemgusWho
Play for 2013+

Quote:

I'd be upset that on paper we would have turned Evans into Pryor. I'm just not interested in the kid one bit. If Fitz keeps us competitive, he's part of the equation. If not, we grab luck. No room for him here. Let someone else waste a 7th on him.

Old
08-18-2011, 03:59 PM
Myllz
ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronin View Post
I'd be upset that on paper we would have turned Evans into Pryor. I'm just not interested in the kid one bit. If Fitz keeps us competitive, he's part of the equation. If not, we grab luck. No room for him here. Let someone else waste a 7th on him.
You say that like we can just have him at will.

Old
08-18-2011, 04:15 PM
Goose08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
You say that like we can just have him at will.
Exactly. We would have to be a top 3 pick to even have a shot at him. He'll probably go 1st overall no matter what.

As far as turning Evans into Pryor, that's exactly what rebuilding teams are supposed to do. You take some of your veteran talent (especially players who are entering the downswings of their carrers) and turn it into young prospects with potential.

Old
08-18-2011, 04:28 PM
flyingpig
Pay the Troll Toll

The Buffalo Bills Message Board is blowing up about a rumor that Merriman was caught bringing unkown substances accross the boarder on July 28. Somer guy named Pat Moran tweeting about it. 15 pages long....

Yikes...

Old
08-18-2011, 04:31 PM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Quote:
Exactly. We would have to be a top 3 pick to even have a shot at him. He'll probably go 1st overall no matter what.

As far as turning Evans into Pryor, that's exactly what rebuilding teams are supposed to do. You take some of your veteran talent (especially players who are entering the downswings of their carrers) and turn it into young prospects with potential.
I don't think Pryor has that much potential, if any. Plus the Bills already have their 3 QBs set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingpig View Post
The Buffalo Bills Message Board is blowing up about a rumor that Merriman was caught bringing unkown substances accross the boarder on July 28. Somer guy named Pat Moran tweeting about it. 15 pages long....

Yikes...
Well, so far it's unsubstantiated, right? So it's a little too early to say (@*$^*&^*&$@*^*@&^BALLS.

Old
08-18-2011, 04:33 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

If Merriman wasn't on some sort of 'roids, I'd be shocked. This is Shawne Merriman we're talking about here.

Old
08-18-2011, 05:02 PM
Digable5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDaSwords View Post
If Merriman wasn't on some sort of 'roids, I'd be shocked. This is Shawne Merriman we're talking about here.
How many times has he tested positive again? Is he up to 10? 11?

Nope. Its only been once.

Quote:
The incident led to the passage of a rule that forbids a player who tests positive for steroids from being selected to the Pro Bowl or winning any performance awards in the year in which they tested positive. The rule is commonly referred as the "Merriman Rule". However, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has tried to distance the policy from being associated with the player, stating that Merriman tested clean on 19 of 20 random tests for performance-enhancing drugs since entering the league.
Granted that's from his wiki page, but I've had a hard time finding anything stated he's failed more than that. It would really suck if the new allegations are true, but for someone that has only tested positive once, its tough to make the jump to "If Merriman wasn't on some sort of 'roids, I'd be shocked."

Old
08-18-2011, 05:08 PM
drinking bleach irl
don't be so serious

vCash: 436
Pat Moran isn't really a reliable source. If nothing comes of this, he can just say it was swept under the rug and some people will look to him as a paragon of truth.

Old
08-18-2011, 05:11 PM
drinking bleach irl
don't be so serious

vCash: 436
hahahahahaha

"If I'm lying, may my 8 year old get hit by a car."

What a piece of trash

Old
08-18-2011, 05:21 PM
Digable5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
I don't think Pryor has that much potential, if any. Plus the Bills already have their 3 QBs set.
You don't think Pryor (at the leagues most important position) has as much potential as your typical 4th round pick?

He doesn't compare with the likes of D'Norris Searcy, Marcus Easley, Shawn Nelson, Reggie Corner, Dwayne Wright, etc? I think your point about the Bills having their 3 QBs already would be more of a reason not to use a draft pick on him than anything.

I have my concerns about Pryor, but I'd have no problem if the Bills used a 4th round pick or later to see what he could offer them.

Old
08-18-2011, 05:29 PM
Ruckus007
Said too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digable5 View Post
You don't think Pryor (at the leagues most important position) has as much potential as your typical 4th round pick?

He doesn't compare with the likes of D'Norris Searcy, Marcus Easley, Shawn Nelson, Reggie Corner, Dwayne Wright, etc? I think your point about the Bills having their 3 QBs already would be more of a reason not to use a draft pick on him than anything.

I have my concerns about Pryor, but I'd have no problem if the Bills used a 4th round pick or later to see what he could offer them.
In my non-professional opinion: Pryor is awful. He can't throw. In three years I didn't see him get any better. IMO. I wouldn't spend a seventh on him and that's without the peripheral stuff. Those other guys you mentioned can at least fill roles as sub-package guys, special teamers, etc and be useful pieces. Unless you move Pryor to another position, he's just a sunk roster spot.

Old
08-18-2011, 05:49 PM
Digable5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruckus007 View Post
In my non-professional opinion: Pryor is awful. He can't throw. In three years I didn't see him get any better. IMO. I wouldn't spend a seventh on him and that's without the peripheral stuff. Those other guys you mentioned can at least fill roles as sub-package guys, special teamers, etc and be useful pieces. Unless you move Pryor to another position, he's just a sunk roster spot.
As you go back further you have Ko Simpson, Duke Preston, Tim Euhus And Terrence McGee.

You have to go back to 2003 and McGee before you find any of our first 4th round picks playing any larger role than depth and special teams. We can find depth and special teams on the waiver wire or as free agents at any time. A potential franchise QB isn't available that often. If Nix and Gailey think of him as you do then that's fine pass on him. However, if they see something in him they can improve and possibly turn him into an NFL starter (at a minimum) then they have to take that chance. Even if Fitzpatrick, Thigpen and Smith are your top three, you can carry Smith as a WR/RB while you develop Pryor for as long as he's showing potential.

Old
08-18-2011, 06:26 PM
Mergus merganser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digable5 View Post
As you go back further you have Ko Simpson, Duke Preston, Tim Euhus And Terrence McGee.

You have to go back to 2003 and McGee before you find any of our first 4th round picks playing any larger role than depth and special teams. We can find depth and special teams on the waiver wire or as free agents at any time. A potential franchise QB isn't available that often. If Nix and Gailey think of him as you do then that's fine pass on him. However, if they see something in him they can improve and possibly turn him into an NFL starter (at a minimum) then they have to take that chance. Even if Fitzpatrick, Thigpen and Smith are your top three, you can carry Smith as a WR/RB while you develop Pryor for as long as he's showing potential.

If he declared for this years draft, he probably would have been the 6-8th QB taken. I wouldn't exactly call that a guy with "franchise" potential.

Old
08-18-2011, 06:42 PM
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingpig View Post

Yikes...
Some thoughtful person put it on his wiki page.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shawn_Merriman
Quote:
In July of 2011, Merriman was caught with steroids near the U.S. border. In 2006 he was suspended for 4 games for violating the league's steroid policy.

Old
08-18-2011, 06:46 PM
Digable5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mergus merganser View Post
If he declared for this years draft, he probably would have been the 6-8th QB taken. I wouldn't exactly call that a guy with "franchise" potential.
Leading up to the combine and even maybe the draft, Christian Ponder was thought to be the 6-8th QB taken and he was the #12 overall pick. The 6th QB taken was early in the 2nd round. I doubt teams picking a QB that early don't think they have a potential franchise QB on their hands.

Pryor has the size, arm and athleticsm to be a franchise QB. From what I saw with Gruden, I would say he's far better prepared mentally to be a QB than the No.1 pick Newton. Sure there are question marks about him. I'm not his biggest fan, but getting the 6-8th best QB in this year's draft with a 4th round pick sounds like a bargain to me. And again, I'm only proposing they make the offer if they see something in him. If they don't have a spot for him or think he's garbage then that's cool with me also.

Old
08-18-2011, 06:49 PM
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster

vCash: 1000
New Agreement with St John Fisher
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/art...b-0044c0083e7b
Quote:
As the Bills wrapped up their final camp practice Thursday, the question loomed about the expiring contract agreement between the club and training camp host St. John Fisher. Bills CEO Russ Brandon addressed that question immediately after the practice session.

“We’ve had a lot of discussions over the last month and the long and short of it is I think we’re closing in on an agreement for St. John Fisher to be the summer home of the Bills for many, many years to come,” he said.

Old
08-18-2011, 09:33 PM
Mergus merganser

Steroids again? He can't be that stupid, can he?

http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/br...with-steroids/

One would think that this would have come out soon if it were true. Also, since when isn't it illegal to have an ILLEGAL drug in your possession? Pretty sure it is an arrestable offense in New York.

I think patrick moron is full of it.

Old
08-18-2011, 10:32 PM
thefifagod
I'm The Survivor

Merriman has already vehemently denied this story on twitter. As Bills fans we can only hope that there is nothing from this.

Closed Thread