HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Buffalo Bills, Preseason (1-3)

Closed Thread

Old
09-08-2011, 05:59 PM
Woodman19
#TeamBernier

vCash: 500
I think Buddy Nix has sent a clear message. He is building through youth, how many players on the active roster started their career's in Buffalo as rookies?

Old
09-08-2011, 06:30 PM
drinking bleach irl
don't be so serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiplash View Post
As for Haynesworth, do you honestly thing an under-preforming, ego-maniacal, primadonna like him would play for the Bills? He's keeping his **** together now because he knows NE knows how to run a football team and have a good shot to win every year (as much as it burns my ****ing fingers to type that) and with them he has a chance at reviving his career. Buffalo could never have given him that and he would have remained the same out-of-shape malcontent that he was with the 'skins
That was the point :V

Old
09-08-2011, 06:39 PM
VaporTrail
Registered Tanker

Oh boy here we go...all the players and coaches are brimming with confidence....Fitz says the offense will take over games lol

After watching these jokers for 25 plus years I no longer fall for the hype....We'll suck as usual...Without even looking at the schedule I'll say we'll be lucky to win 4 games.

Let's Go Sabres !!!

Old
09-08-2011, 07:31 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiplash View Post
I think plenty of people understand the difference but most of them are frustrated at the mixed messages we receive from One Bills Drive. The story changes every 3 days.

As for Haynesworth, do you honestly thing an under-preforming, ego-maniacal, primadonna like him would play for the Bills? He's keeping his **** together now because he knows NE knows how to run a football team and have a good shot to win every year (as much as it burns my ****ing fingers to type that) and with them he has a chance at reviving his career. Buffalo could never have given him that and he would have remained the same out-of-shape malcontent that he was with the 'skins
I think you missed the implied

Old
09-08-2011, 11:07 PM
whiplash

Damn you kids and your internet sarcasm!

Old
09-08-2011, 11:13 PM
johnjm22

If this organization is really willing to spend the $$$, then why is Chan Gailey our coach?

I want to believe Nix, but I just can't.

Old
09-09-2011, 12:00 AM
msm29
Was htsportplaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
If this organization is really willing to spend the $$$, then why is Chan Gailey our coach?

It's not as simple as throwing money around. Most of the players and coaches who we'd have to throw big money at are in a position where they don't really need it and might take less to play in a better situation. It's an evil catch-22.

Old
09-09-2011, 05:47 AM
Digable5

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post

I think most of the big name coaches would prefer a situation that has proven to be closer to contending than we have over the past decade or more. I din't thinks its just that we haven't spent a lot of money, its that our draft picks and signings haven't been very successful.

I think Gailey specifically is our coach for two reasons.

1. He was hungry for another chance to prove he could be a head coach and wasn't going to get many offers or possibly no other offers.

2. I think Ralph Wilson takes advice from Jerry Jones and he said one of his biggest regrets was firing Chan Gailey. I think Jerry's influence also played a role in us signing TO.

I'm not going to say money doesn't play a role in all of this, but there are several other factors as well.

Old
09-10-2011, 09:17 AM
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster

vCash: 1280
Onto the regular season: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=981963

Closed Thread