HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

just for fun ducks and hawks

Old
08-19-2011, 10:22 AM
rocketxav9

vCash: 500
i would take getzlaf and perry before toews and kane

rocketxav9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 11:53 AM
brevard*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post
Chicago needs to add.

I think Getz + Perry is better than Toews + Kane, plus the Anaheim guys have better contracts by about $1m each....
Not going to get into the who is better now or in the future debate it is unimportant. I do however what to point out how silly your better contract by 1m each statement is. When the 2 Ducks contracts end the 2 Hawks will still have 2 years left on their deals. So how much do you think the Duck players will be making in their next deal?
Based on salary cap projections exactly how much do you think the Duck players will be making during the 1st 2 seasons of thier next deal while both Hawk players are still playing under their current contracts?
Unless players sign at the same time for the same term matching salaries t show value is silly. ... Many would say they would rather have 2 stars (Kane, Toews or Getzlaf, Perry) signed to as long a term as safely possible and that the Hawks are actually situated better in this scenario.

Last edited by brevard*: 08-19-2011 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Leaving the mistakes, typing on a phone sucks!
brevard* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 12:09 PM
salty justice

Perry and Getzlaf are clearly more valuable right now, but I still wouldn't do this.

I hate those clowns.

salty justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 01:32 PM
ronaldo123

This age thing is over rated. The a ge difference between Getzlaf/Perry and Toews/Kane is 5 years. Its like saying who would you take Crosby/Ovechkin or Toews/Kane? Getzlaf and Perry are two way forces and are on better contracts.

ronaldo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 01:56 PM
Gibson Les Palms
ImperiumDuckusSacrum

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by salty justice View Post
Perry and Getzlaf are clearly more valuable right now, but I still wouldn't do this.

I hate those clowns.
What did they ever do to the Hawks?

Gibson Les Palms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 02:10 PM
salty justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazy View Post
I watch a lot of hockey and I live in LA. I see enough of Perry's antics and to a lesser extent Getzlaf's goonery to not respect their playing styles regardless of how effective it may be.

salty justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 02:12 PM
Eskimo44

One thing to consider is age. Getzlaf is 3 years older than Toews, and Perry is 4 years older than Kane. Both Anaheim players are in their prime, while Chicago's duo haven't entered theirs yet. Considering they are both so close right now, i take my chances with youth.

Also, whoever is saying stuff like "i wouldn't do it", and "why", maybe try reading the op because you obviously missed the point.

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 02:14 PM
Eskimo44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazy View Post
Perry is a royal class d-bag, and cheapshot artist. I speak for the majority of Oiler fans when i say this.

Old
08-19-2011, 02:15 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldo123 View Post
Getzlaf and Perry are two way forces and are on better contracts.
When Getzlaf/Perry's contracts are up in 2 years, I guarantee they will make more than T/K. Then, Toews and Kane will have the better contracts and probably be just as good hockey players.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 02:16 PM
Gibson Les Palms
ImperiumDuckusSacrum

Well, I know Perry does that stuff sometimes. I never really thought Getzlaf was a goon. Sure, he plays the game hard, but he doesn't play dirty. In fact, sometimes he's too soft and is on the perimeter too much.

Gibson Les Palms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 02:21 PM
SmellOfVictory

Interesting comparisons. Elite C with an excellent, if *******, winger on each side of the deal. I don't think there's a reason to make the deal; if I had either of the duos, I'd want to keep them as opposed to swapping out. I like Toews and Getzlaf equally (Getz is certainly better right now, but I could see Toews being as good as he is in the future), although I do hate Kane less than Perry despite Perry being a more effective player.

SmellOfVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 02:28 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by salty justice View Post
I watch a lot of hockey and I live in LA. I see enough of Perry's antics and to a lesser extent Getzlaf's goonery to not respect their playing styles regardless of how effective it may be.
And Kane is an angel, right? I don't recall Perry ever being brought up on felony charges.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 02:37 PM
sketch22

I wouldn't do this trade. Perry is a great player and had one hell of a season. However this is the first year he has averaged over a point per game and he scored 18 more goals than his best year before that. Did he turn the corner and become one of the truly elite goal scorers or was last year the exception? I don't know if he can or will sustain that type of production and I wouldn't want to move Kane for a player whose value has skyrocketed after one amazingly good year.

I understand that Perry is a better two-way player and that he brings a different skill set to the table than Kane does. But ultimately why would the Hawks want to trade a valuable proven commodity in their system for and outsider?

Lets remember Jonathan Cheechoo scored more than 50 goals one year.

Last edited by sketch22: 08-19-2011 at 02:45 PM.
sketch22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 02:45 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

i absolutely love toews but i gotta go with the combo of perry and getzlaf before the kane and toews.

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 03:00 PM
Crazy8oooo
k ؃

Quote:
Originally Posted by sketch22 View Post
I wouldn't do this trade. Perry is a great player and had one hell of a season. However this is the first year he has averaged over a point per game and he scored 18 more goals than his best year before that. Did he turn the corner and become one of the truly elite goal scorers or was last year the exception? I don't know if he can or will sustain that type of production and I wouldn't want to move Kane for a player whose value has skyrocketed after one amazingly good year.

I understand that Perry is a better two-way player and that he brings a different skill set to the table than Kane does. But ultimately why would the Hawks want to trade a valuable proven commodity in their system for and outsider?

Lets remember Jonathan Cheechoo scored more than 50 goals one year.
You do realize Toews has never averaged a ppg at this point in time right? Perry has progressively improved each year and was just under a ppg for the 2 previous seasons before his monster season. Will he continue at last year's pace? Probably not, but your argument of Perry not being a ppg player up until last season could also be said of Toews, who at this point isn't a ppg player. As for comparing his season to Cheechoo's 1 big season, you're not looking at the fact that Perry was already a really good player and if he does drop back to just under the ppg average, he's still a really good player. Cheechoo was pretty much a one-hit wonder.

Crazy8oooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 03:11 PM
sketch22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy8oooo View Post
You do realize Toews has never averaged a ppg at this point in time right? Perry has progressively improved each year and was just under a ppg for the 2 previous seasons before his monster season. Will he continue at last year's pace? Probably not, but your argument of Perry not being a ppg player up until last season could also be said of Toews, who at this point isn't a ppg player. As for comparing his season to Cheechoo's 1 big season, you're not looking at the fact that Perry was already a really good player and if he does drop back to just under the ppg average, he's still a really good player. Cheechoo was pretty much a one-hit wonder.
I wasn't comparing Perry to Toews, I was comparing him to Kane. Either way, including this year both Kane and Toews have had a better point to game ratio than Perry. I used Cheechoo as an example of how one year can be the exception. I am not saying Perry will fall of the map and be a bad player, what I am saying is that I do not believe he is worth more to the Hawks than either Kane or Toews.

Edit: And just to nitpick for fun, Toews is a ppg player in the playoffs.

sketch22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 03:20 PM
Al Swearengen
Smug Nation National

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo44 View Post
Perry is a royal class d-bag, and cheapshot artist. I speak for the majority of Oiler fans when i say this.
Agreed.
BUT AT LEAST HE NEVER BEAT UP A CAB DRIVER.

Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 03:21 PM
Timinater

I would trade Kane for either player.

I would not trade Toews for either player.

Timinater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 04:15 PM
Eggtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timinater View Post
I would trade Kane for either player.

I would not trade Toews for either player.
This guy has it figured out
I am in the same boat as him.

Eggtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 04:16 PM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

Well we might as well make it interesting:

To CHI:
Getzlaf
Perry
Ryan
Visnovsky

To ANA:
Toews
Kane
Sharp
Keith

The Perfect Human* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 04:19 PM
Eskimo44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen View Post
Agreed.
BUT AT LEAST HE NEVER BEAT UP A CAB DRIVER.

It's agreed then, they're both d-bags.

Old
08-19-2011, 04:20 PM
Crazy8oooo
k ؃

Quote:
Originally Posted by sketch22 View Post
I wasn't comparing Perry to Toews, I was comparing him to Kane. Either way, including this year both Kane and Toews have had a better point to game ratio than Perry. I used Cheechoo as an example of how one year can be the exception. I am not saying Perry will fall of the map and be a bad player, what I am saying is that I do not believe he is worth more to the Hawks than either Kane or Toews.

Edit: And just to nitpick for fun, Toews is a ppg player in the playoffs.
I know your comparison was to Kane, but the proposal in a whole includes Toews, and you're point was that Perry has never been a ppg player up until last season, which means you would then have to devalue Toews as well, if that's the argument. Either way, it seems that neither fan base as a whole likes the offer. We'll keep ours and you'll keep yours and we'll all be happy.

Crazy8oooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 04:20 PM
Eskimo44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
Well we might as well make it interesting:

To CHI:
Getzlaf
Perry
Sharp