HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Football > Fantasy Football

IDP Leagues

Old
08-19-2011, 10:50 AM
VLoo

vCash: 500
IDP Leagues

My buddy just asked me to join his IDP league so I'm wondering if anybody plays them and what type of value IDP's have in terms of draft position and stuff, complete noob at this type of thing.

VLoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2011, 01:07 PM
Tyrannis

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLoo View Post
My buddy just asked me to join his IDP league so I'm wondering if anybody plays them and what type of value IDP's have in terms of draft position and stuff, complete noob at this type of thing.
I'm in a bunch of IDP leagues and all I know is that Patrick Willis is the consensus top guy among defensive players.

tyr

Tyrannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 07:39 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

IDP leagues add a fun layer to the game. I've played in one for almost 20 years.

In our draft, the high-end guys might even go before a backup QB or starting TE, meaning they could start going off the board in round 8-9, but generally round 10-12.

Tackles, if you can find someone ala Willis (listed above), are gold. They're generally a reliable, safe stat category, depending on how your legaue scores. That said, you generally pile up points faster on the glamor categories, sacks (Orakpo, J. Allen) and picks, although the picks thing is tricky because your best corners don't get thrown at, menaing few picks and fewer tackles. I typically opt for ball-hawking safeties at my DB position (Polamalu, for example). Hope that helps.